Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,467 members, 7,861,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10731771 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) ... (19393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Chelsea plays 38 league games per season how many does Mikel start.

If Chelsea wins the league this yr you will say Mikel was a starter also

You mean you can read this chart and say Mikel hasn't been a certified starter for most of his Chelsea Career?

Between 2007 and 2012 Mikel Started at least 20 league games per season for Chelsea. Even Steven Gerrard cannot boast of Starting at least 20 league games per season over the same period.

Oya Mikel >> Gerrard. Yay or Nay?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
This is a very daft question.

You mean Mikel that 25 out of 38 games during the title winning campaign in 09/10 did not play a role in his side's winning? If not for Suffering a Knee injury, Mikel would have played even more that season sef.

Mikel started 2 of the 3 FA Cup Finals we attended since he joined us, only missing one through injury. We won both.

The UCL final where we pissed on Hitler's memory in your own stadium, Mikel was there as a starter.

By your Logic, Mikel >>> Gerrard. Yes or No?

2008 CL Chelsea got to the finals and played 12 games Mikel started 1
2012 CL Chelsea won Mikel didnt start in 5 of those games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:

You mean you can read this chart and say Mikel hasn't been a certified starter for most of his Chelsea Career?

Between 2007 and 2012 Mikel Started at least 20 league games per season for Chelsea. Even Steven Gerrard cannot boast of Starting at least 20 league games per season over the same period.

Oya Mikel >> Gerrard. Yay or Nay?

Chelsea plays 38 league games per season Mikel is starting an average of 20 which is about 55% So anyone who starts 55% of games is a starter?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

2008 CL Chelsea got to the finals and played 12 games Mikel started 1
2012 CL Chelsea won Mikel didnt start in 5 of those games

2005 CL Liverpool Won Gerrard started only 8 games and played 750 minutes

2012 CL Liverpool won Mikel started 7 games and played 725 minutes

So gametime is more or less equal.

Mikel Obi >>> Gerrard yay or nay?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Chelsea plays 38 league games per season Mikel is starting an average of 20 which is about 55% So anyone who starts 55% of games is a starter?

Mikel started a minimum of 20 not an average of 20 games. 2 different things

Mikel started 183 of the 290 games he has been available for between 2006 and 2015 which is a solid 63%.

If we restrict the time period to just between 2007 and 2012 where he was in his peak so to speak, the number would be higher.

Unless you are telling me that someone who was starting 63% of games is not a regular starter...when you're not mad.

Oya back to the matter.

Mikel >>>> Gerrard yay or nay?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
I see that A40 has runaway and left it to Dayo to pickup the pieces...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
I see that A40 has runaway and left it to Dayo to pickup the pieces...

Before what do you expecting? The guy don try ....lata aro....

You can see dayo is here to pick up from were he left off.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
hensben:
That's because individually English players might be better but since football is a team work were 11 players on the field of play make decision on the ball then expect the unexpected. Like they say football is not mathematics. Use Barca vs Chelsea 2012 at nou camp as example; Barca were the better side that night, they were leading by 2 goals, cfc were even one man down but what happened at the end.

If The German team who dont win award CONSISTENTLY outperforms the English side then that should tell you something is wrong with that rating and award

Chelsea vs Barca was a fluke just like if Celtic face Barca 10 times they can be lucky once, but if Celtic constantly outperform Barca then that means Barca individuals are overrated
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordjnr: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
grin

Our "Schlethce liga" people don hear am dis evening!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:

2005 CL Liverpool Won Gerrard started only 8 games and played 750 minutes

2012 CL Liverpool won Mikel started 7 games and played 725 minutes

So gametime is more or less equal.

Mikel Obi >>> Gerrard yay or nay?

2008 CHelsea lost a CL final Mikel played 209 minutes
2012 Chelsea won the CL Mikel played 725 mins

2007 Liverpool lost a CL final Gerrard played 978 mins
2005 Liverpool won the CL Gerrard played 780mins and won Man of the match

These were the greatest moments of both clubs in the CL and we saw the differential in minutes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

2008 CHelsea lost a CL final Mikel played 209 minutes
2012 Chelsea won the CL Mikel played 725 mins

2007 Liverpool lost a CL final Gerrard played 978 mins
2005 Liverpool won the CL Gerrard played 780mins and won Man of the match

These were the greatest moments of both clubs in the CL and we saw the differential in minutes

Gerrard also gave the through pass to Demba Ba that cost his team the league in 2014

Gerrard gave Henry the through pass that knocked England out of Euro 2004

Gerrard gave Henry the through pass that cost his team the league in 2004

Gerrard gave Drogba the through pass that won us the league in 2010

Gerrard scored an own goal in carling cup final to give us the trophy in 2005.

Mikel better than Gerrard yay or nay?

Also Gerrard only played 25 more minutes that Mikel in their UCL winning title campaigns

Also Mikel was the 5th best player out of 24 players that played that day so he clearly beasted the final. See whoscored chart

Mikel is surely better than Gerrard.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
Mikel started a minimum of 20 not an average of 20 games. 2 different things

Mikel started 183 of the 290 games he has been available for between 2006 and 2015 which is a solid 63%.

If we restrict the time period to just between 2007 and 2012 where he was in his peak so to speak, the number would be higher.

Unless you are telling me that someone who was starting 63% of games is not a regular starter...when you're not mad.

Oya back to the matter.

Mikel >>>> Gerrard yay or nay?

Mikel was born in 1987 so he is still under 30.Yet we are hearing his peak was almost 5yrs ago when he was under 25

He has played 10 seasons in EPL meaning eligible for 38 games per season meaning 380 games over 10 yrs.

What that means is Mikel has been eligible for 380games for 10 yrs Plus 13 games this season totalling 393 games * 90mins of football = 35370mins

Lets even assume he missed 20 games due to Nations cup matches Making Mikel eligible for 373 games

373*90 = 33570mins

Mikel has actually played 16,217 mins for Chelsea which is less than 50% of games

With these stats it will be daft not to see that Mikel was a benchwarmer and a tag along. The only difference with him and Terry was Mikel was actually on the field in Chelsea greatest moments while Terry was in the stands
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
LOL
Irresistible force meets immovable object.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
Gerrard also gave the through pass to Demba Ba that cost his team the league in 2014

Gerrard gave Henry the through pass that knocked England out of Euro 2004

Gerrard gave Drogba the through pass that won us the league in 2010

Gerrard scored an own goal in carling cup final to give us the trophy in 2005.

Mikel better than Gerrard yay or nay?

- Gerrard is not the best player in the world but he has performed in the CL final which Terry cannot point to. I am sure he would take that glorious night in Istabul over any league title

- England was knocked out by Portugal in Euro 2004, I didnt know Henry now plays for Portugal. As you see you are gradually aproaching lies territory

- Liverpool finished 30 points behind the league winners, So it was Gerrard who cost them 3 points they now multiplied it by a ratio of 10 to cost Liverpool the league. We are now firmly in lying territory. Kontinu

- Carling cup? A competition for losers? Those are John Terry type competitions, I wont be surprised if Terry was the MOTM in that Carling cup final. Just checked Terry was MOTM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
Also Mikel was the 5th best player out of 24 players that played that day so he clearly beasted the final. See whoscored chart

Mikel is surely better than Gerrard.

Mikel was 5th best player, Gerrard was sole #1 player on the field. Try that for beasting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

If The German team who dont win award CONSISTENTLY outperforms the English side then that should tell you something is wrong with that rating and award

Chelsea vs Barca was a fluke just like if Celtic face Barca 10 times they can be lucky once, but if Celtic constantly outperform Barca then that means Barca individuals are overrated
It means the Germans are well organized compare to English team but individually some English players are better
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Mikel was born in 1987 so he is still under 30. He has played 10 seasons in EPL meaning eligible for 38 games per season meaning 380 games over 10 yrs.

What that means is Mikel has been eligible for 380games for 10 yrs Plus 13 games this season totalling 393 games * 90mins of football = 35370mins

Lets even assume he missed 20 games due to Nations cup matches Making Mikel eligible for 373 games

373*90 = 33570mins

Mikel has actually played 16,217 mins for Chelsea which is less than 50% of games

With these stats it will be daft not to see that Mikel was a benchwarmer and a tag along. The only difference with him and Terry was Mikel was actually on the field in Chelsea greatest moments while Terry was in the stands

This is just a foolish calculation.

How can Mikel be eligible for all 380 games that season when he suffered numerous injuries between that period?

By the time you factor in injuries and AFCON, any sensible person would have realised that Mikel cannot be realistically expected to play 38 games a season.

Only Lampard, Ivanovic, Terry and I think Cech have achieved that at Chelsea so leave the professor peller act at the door.

The way to calculate it, is to divide Mikels total number of starts by the total number of times he made the matchday squad.

Over the course of the last 10 seasons, Mikel made the match day squad 290 times. Which means that he has only missed the squad 9 times a season(Including Injuries and AFCON). And out of those 290 times, he started 183 games which is 63%

This period includes his debut season when he was trying to establish himself, and last 2 seasons where he has lost his starting place. Despite this, he still started a whopping 63% of all the games he was available for. That's roughly on par with most of Chelsea's central midfielders outside Lampard during the same period
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
hensben:
It means the Germans are well organized compare to English team but individually some English players are better

No it simply means the English players are overrated and the Germans actually have better players

You cant consistently be getting knocked out by Iceland and co failing to make any major semi and still claim you have world class players. World class players help their team to win, Only England will say they have world class players and they still cant make a semi finals

Terry Beckham, Lampard, gerrard Cole, Rio Rooney etc have all been called world class at some point in time, they have all won multiple awards yet cannot meet the minimum of semi finals which the Germans have been doing for the past 10yrs

If you son claims he is smart, yet every exam he fails, you have changed teachers 5 times he still fails isnt it about time you admit your son is overrated
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:

This is just a foolish calculation.

How can Mikel be eligible for all 380 games that season when he suffered numerous injuries between that period?

By the time you factor in injuries and AFCON, any sensible person would have realised that Mikel cannot be realistically expected to play 38 games a season.

Only Lampard, Ivanovic, Terry and I think Cech have achieved that at Chelsea so leave the professor peller act at the door.

The way to calculate it, is to divide Mikels total number of starts by the total number of times he made the matchday squad.

Over the course of the last 10 seasons, Mikel made the match day squad 290 times. Which means that he has only missed the squad 9 times a season(Including Injuries and AFCON). And out of those 290 times, he started 183 games which is 63%

This period includes his debut season when he was trying to establish himself, and last 2 seasons where he has lost his starting place. Despite this, he still started a whopping 63% of all the games he was available for. That's roughly on par with most of Chelsea's central midfielders outside Lampard during the same period

When he isnt good enough to make matchday squad nko? Mikel hasnt made matchday squad this season So we can assume he is injured or dead?

Injuries, these are the Mikel injuries in the last 6yrs. Mikel has missed less than 20 games injured so find another Lie

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kurt Zouma was injured, this is how he is reported

See the difference with Mikel above

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

- Gerrard is not the best player in the world but he has performed in the CL final which Terry cannot point to. I am sure he would take that glorious night in Istabul over any league title

We are talking about Mikel vs Gerrard

- England was knocked out by Portugal in Euro 2004, I didnt know Henry now plays for Portugal. As you see you are gradually aproaching lies territory

If England had drawn rather than lost that match, they would have avoided facing the golden generation of portuguese and may have had a better chance of going further vs Greece. Gerrard instead chose to snatch defeat from the jaws of a certain draw, by kickstarting a chain of events saw them play and lose to Portugal on pens.

- Liverpool finished 30 points behind the league winners, So it was Gerrard who cost them 3 points they now multiplied it by a ratio of 10 to cost Liverpool the league. We are now firmly in lying territory. Kontinu

Do you watch the back of your tv? Liverpool were top of the table and needed just two wins to seal the title. Then Gerrard came up with his charactersistic slip up to throw it all away. Demba Ba was so used to Gerrard's slipups he was expecting a fuckup. Hear him: I was waiting for a mistake, it wasn't a surprise. .

- Carling cup? A competition for losers? Those are John Terry type competitions, I wont be surprised if Terry was the MOTM in that Carling cup final. Just checked Terry was MOTM

Actually I agree with you. Carling Cup is for losers. That's why Mikel has only 2 Carling Cups while Gerrard has 3. Yet Mikel has 4 FA Cups, Gerrard has 2. Mikel has 2 EPL titles, Gerrard has 0.

Surely Mikel is better than Gerrard? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

When he isnt good enough to make matchday squad nko? Mikel hasnt made matchday squad this season So we can assume he is injured or dead?

Injuries, these are the Mikel injuries in the last 6yrs. Mikel has missed less than 20 games injured so find another Lie

You are my esteemed Egbon whom I respect so much, so I won't jab you.

Are you saying that Mikel had his first ever injury at Chelsea in December 2010?

SHey if you met someone on the street that claims Mikel played 4 years of EPL, European and International football without injury, you wouldn't slap them ni?

Oya look at the earliest date on that picture you posted. Now can you please tell me why Mikel missed 2010 world cup? Was it due to visa problems grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:

It was Gerrard backpass that cost his team the league by losing 30points to that Henry back pass

How many lies you wan tell sef?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
You are my esteemed Egbon whom I respect so much, so I won't jab you.

Are you saying that Mikel had his first ever injury at Chelsea in December 2010?

SHey if you met someone on the street that claims Mikel played 4 years of EPL, European and International football without injury, you wouldn't slap them ni?

Oya look at the earliest date on that picture you posted. Now can you please tell me why Mikel missed 2010 world cup? Was it due to visa problems grin grin

This is what those Abule egba kpoli dey do you, You no dey see well and you no fat I for say na fat block your eyes. One guy dey manure thread wey be weedt@ker he fit hook you up

Mikel isnt a particularly injury prone player and on the fitness level, He is less injured than most players, It might be because he rarely plays too

raumdeuter:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

It was Gerrard backpass that cost his team the league by losing 30points to that Henry back pass

How many lies you wan tell sef?

I clearly meant 2006.

Gerrard did it so many times I lost track of the dates.

Liverpool were 3rd level on points with Manyoo in 2nd. Arsenal were struggling to crack top 4.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is what those Abule egba kpoli dey do you, You no dey see well and you no fat I for say na fat block your eyes. One guy dey manure thread wey be weedt@ker he fit hook you up

Mikel isnt a particularly injury prone player and on the fitness level, He is less injured than most players, It might be because he rarely plays too

Why did Mikel miss 2010 world cup simple question?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Which usual Engliah problems? The team that had award winners like terry Beckham Gerrard Cashley Rio Lampard so which problem are we talking about?

There is always an issue or two with England team. Media picking players whose styles don't compliment etc but the major problem in the last 15 years IMO has been the absence of a decent ball playing and ball winning DM that understands the position. Englands best run actually came when Hargreaves was fit, and that is no coincidence.

This has always been the case with England. Even Kevin Keegan the King of Germany and Europe cannot be accused of having had a good England career.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ibime:

There is always an issue or two with England team. Media picking players whose styles don't compliment etc but the major problem in the last 15 years IMO has been the absence of a decent ball playing and ball winning DM that understands the position. Englands best run actually came when Hargreaves was fit, and that is no coincidence.

This has always been the case with England. Even Kevin Keegan the King of Germany and Europe cannot be accused of having had a good England career.

Oh Amazing, Englands best run came when an Owen Hargreaves who didnt win any of those FIFA or UEFA award was when ENgland had their best run not when the numerous award winners like Beckham, Gerrard Lampard, terrible, Cole etc were playing amazing

If this isnt a direct hit on the credibility of those awards then what is.

WHo was the ball playing or ball winning DM that won Germany the world cup? Bastian no award Schweinsteiger
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
We are talking about Mikel vs Gerrard

Mikel and Gerrard 2 players who won CL on the field, One was MOTM, One was 5th best. All still better than John Terry who was neither on the field nor even 24th best

If England had drawn rather than lost that match, they would have avoided facing the golden generation of portuguese and may have had a better chance of going further vs Greece. Gerrard instead chose to snatch defeat from the jaws of a certain draw, by kickstarting a chain of events saw them play and lose to Portugal on pens.

If my Grandmother had peniss she would have been my grandfather like its not this same ENgland who crashed out to Iceland a country with about 40,000 men of football age. Like the population of Palmgrove bus stop

Do you watch the back of your tv? Liverpool were top of the table and needed just two wins to seal the title. Then Gerrard came up with his charactersistic slip up to throw it all away. Demba Ba was so used to Gerrard's slipups he was expecting a fuckup. Hear him: I was waiting for a mistake, it wasn't a surprise. .

Gerrard already had his glory in Istanbul, at the biggest stage Terry slipped at his own biggest stage. even the camera was surprised

Actually I agree with you. Carling Cup is for losers. That's why Mikel has only 2 Carling Cups while Gerrard has 3. Yet Mikel has 4 FA Cups, Gerrard has 2. Mikel has 2 EPL titles, Gerrard has 0.

In a competition for losers, Terry was unsurprisingly the Man of the Match. is there a bigger loser around?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Mikel and Gerrard 2 players who won CL on the field, One was MOTM, One was 5th best. All still better than John Terry who was neither on the field nor even 24th best

If my Grandmother had peniss she would have been my grandfather like its not this same ENgland who crashed out to Iceland a country with about 40,000 men of football age. Like the population of Palmgrove bus stop

Gerrard already had his glory in Istanbul, at the biggest stage Terry slipped at his own biggest stage. even the camera was surprised

In a competition for losers, Terry was unsurprisingly the Man of the Match. is there a bigger loser around?

Mikel vs Gerrard who is better. Simple Question.

Based on trophies it's Mikel right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nihilist:
Mikel vs Gerrard who is better. Simple Question.

Based on trophies it's Mikel right?

My measurement is based on performance in big moments

Gerrard Istanbul beats anything Mikel or Terry has ever done
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

My measurement is based on performance in big moments

Gerrard Istanbul beats anything Mikel or Terry has ever done

So Gerrard is better than Mikel because of Instanbul yes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) ... (19393) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m), Vischy, BlaqFaze, Iyasele24(m), Jamiuokolla and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.