Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10697262 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) (2791) ... (19355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chidexxy007(m): 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nihilist:
Jose is a tactical bastard if he sends Carrick on
U saw dat move too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2017
Alonso will be back on Saturday. Small virus. He actually warmed up to play but was feeling sluggish in the warm up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
I feel soo terrible right now because memories of 2010/2011 keeps flooding my mind. After last seasons debacle, one has to ask if this Chelsea squad has the mental capability to withstand the tremendous amount of pressure that will follow in all subsequent games.

Tottenham have already shown that they are capable of handling pressure eg. Against Swansea, they are an inform team that have had played 4-0 on 9 separate occasions this season, they're full of confidence and they are at the top of the game and the perceived 'tough matches' which are left for them are being played at their home. They look every bit like champions materials and it is not unforeseeable seeing them winning the rest of their of their matches or 5 out of 6.

Chelsea has to play at 2 bogey grounds, West Brom and everton, everton have won their last 9 matches at home, trashing Manchester City 4-0 there. Can Chelsea win it, we have Southampton also who are also an unpredictable team, they did the double over us last season. Chelsea fans really need to be anxious and nervous and hope that conte continues his miracle. Last season showed that this team is mentally weak, against crystal palace too, not knowing how to respond to pressure resurfaced a bit in the team.

Tremendous Credit must be given to conte for creating a system which hid the many flaws of our players and surprised many teams but it's fair to say that many teams have studied the system very well and our weaknesses are now known to all.

Many teams know once you suppress the attacks from the flanks, you limit 90% of the creative channels, our midfielders don't know what to do with the ball, they always look for the safest option, our midfielders are technically deficient and their only strength is just stopping opponents attacks. Truth be told, Against the big teams many times this season we have been second best for most of the periods in the matches but lady luck kept us in her goodwill.

Conte himself has a minor flaw by my personal observation, whenever we're losing, he himself seems to lose his ardour, intensity and passion. He looks very sullen and beaten on the touchline, his normal boisterousness and vociferous exuberance on the touchline disappears and that's not good because a managers character will always reflect on the players and his sullen looks will mostly affect the players reactions.

Catholics will say soak your chaplets in water when anxious, all Chelsea fans really need to do that right now and hope that lady luck continue to shine on us.
Peace bro's. #KTBFFH

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
donjazet:
I feel soo terrible right now because memories of 2010/2011 keeps flooding my mind. After last seasons debacle, one has to ask if this Chelsea squad has the mental capability to withstand the tremendous amount of pressure that will follow in all subsequent games.

Tottenham have already shown that they are capable of handling pressure eg. Against Swansea, they are an inform team that have had played 4-0 on 9 separate occasions this season, they're full of confidence and they are at the top of the game and the perceived 'tough matches' which are left for them are being played at their home. They look every bit like champions materials and it is not unforeseeable seeing them winning the rest of their of their matches or 5 out of 6.

Chelsea has to play at 2 bogey grounds, West Brom and everton, everton have won their last 9 matches at home, trashing Manchester City 4-0 there. Can Chelsea win it, we have Southampton also who are also an unpredictable team, they did the double over us last season. Chelsea fans really need to be anxious and nervous and hope that conte continues his miracle. Last season showed that this team is mentally weak, against crystal palace too, not knowing how to respond to pressure resurfaced a bit in the team.

Tremendous Credit must be given to conte for creating a system which hid the many flaws of our players and surprised many teams but it's fair to say that many teams have studied the system very well and our weaknesses are now known to all.

Many teams know once you suppress the attacks from the flanks, you limit 90% of the creative channels, our midfielders don't know what to do with the ball, they always look for the safest option, our midfielders are technically deficient and their only strength is just stopping opponents attacks. Truth be told, Against the big teams many times this season we have been second best for most of the periods in the matches but lady luck kept us in her goodwill.

Conte himself has a minor flaw by my personal observation, whenever we're losing, he himself seems to lose his ardour, intensity and passion. He looks very sullen and beaten on the touchline, his normal boisterousness and vociferous exuberance on the touchline disappears and that's not good because a managers character will always reflect on the players and his sullen looks will mostly affect the players reactions.

Catholics will say soak your chaplets in water when anxious, all Chelsea fans really need to do that right now and hope that lady luck continue to shine on us.
Peace bro's. #KTBFFH

I wouldn't worry too much. Spurs will drop one game, if not two.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ibime:

Based on what logic would you make such a premonition? I think teams continue to underestimate them much to their peril. They're on a 9 match winning run keeping 6 clean sheets in the process and scoring 3 and above in 5.

If you pick that team apart, you realize that they are much better than most of our players, simply put, they're the best team in the league, they are the highest scores now and the meanest defense.

On current form, they will beat arsenal hands down and can edge Manchester United at their home. They certainly shouldnt be underestimated.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:40am On Apr 17, 2017
Nihilist:

343 is a counter attacking formation, not a creative one. You cannot press higher up the pitch with 3 men at the back otherwise you open yourself up to counterattacks down the flanks.

So by default, a 343 team has to defend in a low block, Now because you have to defend in a low block, you cannot commit too many men forward in attack. The fewer men you can commit to attack, the fewer chances you can create.

Because, you can't commit to many men to your attack,there's no point holding on to the ball for too long.

You can't afford to probe your opponent's defences, because you literally have one man less at the back than your opponent, so any turnover could be catastrophic, as we saw for Rashford's goal today. Essentially playing 343 means you cede posession immediately.

So it doesn't really matter the players you have. If you cannot send men forward, you cannot create enough chances. If you cannot hold the ball, you can't build wave after wave of effective attacks. You can only hope that your wingers dribble 10 men and score sweet goals like Hazard has been doing for us. Once you mark Hazard and Sanchez/Mbappe/Whoever, the game is up straight.

Lets look at the Stats. According to whoscored:

Chelsea have the lowest possesion stats of the top 6 as at start of this weekend.
Chelsea have taken the fewest shots in the top 6
Chelsea have made the fewest key passes per game in the top 6
Chelsea have made the most dribbles per game in the entire league.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/6335/Stages/13796/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2016-2017

So you can see from the stats that we are heavily reliant on individual dribblers(also known as Hazard) to bail us out offensively, simply because 343 as a system cannot create enough chances.

Except you forgot that Spurs switched to a 3-4-3 after meeting Chelsea first time. You should look up how Spurs are doing with the formation.

The difference between Chelsea and Spurs is that Chelsea are doing this with 8 defensive players, hence the stats you posted. This is essentially why the players in a 3-4-3 system, matters.

The problem is not the formation, the problem is the personnel.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:26am On Apr 17, 2017
nateevs:

Except you forgot that Spurs switched to a 3-4-3 after meeting Chelsea first time. You should look up how Spurs are doing with the formation.

The difference between Chelsea and Spurs is that Chelsea are doing this with 8 defensive players, hence the stats you posted. This is essentially why the players in a 3-4-3 system, matters.

The problem is not the formation, the problem is the personnel.

Spurs don't play 343, at least not with out and out wingers like we do. They play something closer to 361. Alli and Eriksen stay relatively narrow and pack the midfield unlike Hazard and Pedro who stay wide and cut inside.

Plus Spurs don't play that system all the time. They're already back to playing 4231 in their last 2 or 3 games.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TapDance: 1:40am On Apr 17, 2017
Nihilist:

Did you watch the clip you posted?

Yeah but what happens if a defender simply chills back while another defense slots into a sweeper role, it will mean He's running straight into a wall..Or You want to tell me Lukaku can Bully Sergio Ramos or Mats Hummels like that in the Champions league, once again he's an average player...Against Man utd the guy was basically walking round while Rojo and co followed him, no intelligent run or drop ins , all he did was wait for passes that would never come, He's a one dimensional player that is perfect for Everton.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:11am On Apr 17, 2017
nateevs:

And I am sure Conte knows this. This is why the first name we should be chasing in that transfer market is Sanchez. Creating a formidable second attacking outlet, which renders man-marking useless, before it gets conceived.

And I say again, No to Lukaku. When team stays as organised as they were today with the intent to defend, players like Lukaku cannot unlock shi!t. Get a player who complements co-attackers with intelligent movement on/off-the-ball, even if that player scores fewer goals.

na wetin conte dey see be this. This is why he need Sanchez and Morata in that attack next season. My only fear for Morata is physical strength, he's strong mentally which is good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:16am On Apr 17, 2017
airmark:

Thats why i prefer belotti. He is the only striker close to suarez in style. We need a strong striker who can play with others, could go solo and score goals. Today was just not chelsea's. The moment i learnt alonso and courtois were out, i knew odds would be against us. At least we could see how important hazard is in the team. Mou did a good job today lording herrera on him. I hope this match will let other players adjust and up their games. I wont mind benching costa in the next game. He needs a break, he is killing the team.
Yes Belotti is a warrior but I fear Italian players in epl. Morata and Sanchez will be a good buy in that attack. My only problem with Morata is his physical strength, although he's mentally strong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:30am On Apr 17, 2017
dubylhover:

from what I read online and being a Kendrick fan,its going to be a conscious album..its really about the lyrics and deep meaning..mayb y you like humble na because mike will made d sound...
replay value: that is all I judge a decent album by. If it doesn't have that,it isn't really that good,am still going to listen again sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:33am On Apr 17, 2017
TapDance:

Yeah but what happens if a defender simply chills back while another defense slots into a sweeper role, it will mean He's running straight into a wall..Or You want to tell me Lukaku can Bully Sergio Ramos or Mats Hummels like that in the Champions league, once again he's an average player...Against Man utd the guy was basically walking round while Rojo and co followed him, no intelligent run or drop ins , all he did was wait for passes that would never come, He's a one dimensional player that is perfect for Everton.
his not going to reveal all the tricks to his game over a minute video.
for those that says lukaku can't play with his back to goal,make una watch that video.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TapDance: 5:20am On Apr 17, 2017
SIRcumalot:

his not going to reveal all the tricks to his game over a minute video.
for those that says lukaku can't play with his back to goal,make una watch that video.

He's not going to reveal all his tricks but that doesn't mean Coaches don't know all his tricks...Robben has been said to have only one trick which is the cut-in, you know it's coming you just can't stop it, Lukaku is like a robben that's his one main trick and top clubs with body builder physiques like Hummels will easily body checkhim or technical masterminds like Giorgio Chiellini who can just disposess him from the back with ease.

Playing with his back was never the problem more about does he have the intelligence to make right runs, is he energetic enough to Drop in when needed, does he have the technical skills to wriggle his way through crowded places?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TapDance: 5:26am On Apr 17, 2017
For a club to have Costa in throw squad, that just shows you the dirty personality imbibed in the club...What a shameful player, he could have ended Baillys career, look at how he shoved him and he almost jam his head on the goal post..
SPITS.

The way Bailly dusted it off seems man has experienced worst playing on the streets of ivory coast cheesy

Gosh I hate Costa, soo glad to see Rojo and Bailly checking his insanity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neighy(m): 6:47am On Apr 17, 2017
Ibime:

na wich kain calculation b this??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neighy(m): 7:05am On Apr 17, 2017
donjazet:

Peace bro's. #KTBFFH
exactly i think say na only me notice am.. Conte Gives in too early.. 1 of the reason Chelsea struggle if they concede first.. Teams tweak dia formation to play Chelsea while Chelsea trynna absolve wah dey bring .. If chelsea succeed d other team is in trouble.. Nd if not.. Chelsea is in trouble.
Now to beat chelsea is seeming easy if you have the personnel(excluding arsenal) YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAY LIKE THEM AND OUTPLAY THEM... pochettino dd dat.. Guardiola dd it(buh was unlucky) n just recently THE HAPPY 1.. TACTICAL BRILLANCE.. I GIVE IT TO MOU
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:46am On Apr 17, 2017
That's the only thing Jose is good for.. ....To stop a team with a clear approach to the game and idea of football,To build his own approach and have an attacking pattern na wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2017
Ibime:

They will beat Arsenal. We aint doing you guys a favor. We can't. We are messy and disgusting right now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2017
Nihilist:

Spurs don't play 343, at least not with out and out wingers like we do. They play something closer to 361. Alli and Eriksen stay relatively narrow and pack the midfield unlike Hazard and Pedro who stay wide and cut inside.

Plus Spurs don't play that system all the time. They're already back to playing 4231 in their last 2 or 3 games.

And we are not doing it with 2 out wide players either. This is not to be confused with the fact that the players who play on either side of the no 9, used to play wide on in a 4-3-3. If anything at all, they play narrow. This was the very first thing I pointed out to you about the system many months ago, when you wanted Conte out and said our goals were by luck.

Hazard plays very close to Costa and so does Pedro. Plus they both run into the midfield in defensive position, to form the first line of resistance. Although hey have the flexibility to provide width when they can, theactual width is provided by the wing backs.

I am not going to criticize the system on the back of one loss. The reason we've led the league for most of the season is because we defend very well and we are difficult to contain in attack in a 3-4-3.

To tell you how brilliant the system is, Jose needed 3 attempts to find a temporary solution. The system is fantastic.

How can it not be? 99% of the league so far comes into games against us with only one thing in mind - stop us from playing. We are the only team in the league who goes up against any opposition, home and away, without modifying set up. The only thing we adjust per game is where the defensive block starts from. We still play a 3-4-3. This is indicative of a superior setup. We mastered it.

The problem we have with our own system are the scarce creative quality in the first 11 and non-existent quality in depth. This is a one-in, one-out solution and not a complete structural revamp.

Make the likes of Pedro, Moses, Matic, Cahill the back up players. Buy a striker who complements the co-attackers. A striker for the system first, before the goals. Then watch how formidable we would be.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2017
bigkesh:
That's the only thing Jose is good for.. ....To stop a team with a clear approach to the game and idea of football,To build his own approach and have an attacking pattern na wahala
So true at least against big sides. Mou builds his team depending on the opposition. He is a master at spoiling other coaches' tactics.

Same as Pochentino.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2017
bigkesh:

Peach brother! Preach. Been saying this for eons.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lordemperoris100(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2017
neighy:
na wich kain calculation b this??
ibime knows what he is saying

spurs will drop points

can't u see their next 4, matches

crystal palace- in form team with a coach who knows how to best big team

arsenal- they will surely give their best in order to make top4

same as man united

westham will cause some trouble also

I have already bet on chelsea, real Madrid, juventus,Monaco ,feynoord and Bayern to win their leagues
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2017
hensben:
Yes Belotti is a warrior but I fear Italian players in epl. Morata and Sanchez will be a good buy in that attack. My only problem with Morata is his physical strength, although he's mentally strong.
Na dis kain talk make guys join Rebel Forces LRA.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2017
airmark:

Thats why i prefer belotti. He is the only striker close to suarez in style. We need a strong striker who can play with others, could go solo and score goals. Today was just not chelsea's. The moment i learnt alonso and courtois were out, i knew odds would be against us. At least we could see how important hazard is in the team. Mou did a good job today lording herrera on him. I hope this match will let other players adjust and up their games. I wont mind benching costa in the next game. He needs a break, he is killing the team.
if conte does not bench costa if he continues like this, i won't be happy with him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 8:38am On Apr 17, 2017
bigkesh:
no be counter attack una dey use beat everybody since

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:03am On Apr 17, 2017
nateevs:

And we are not doing it with 2 out wide players either. This is not to be confused with the fact that the players who play on either side of the no 9, used to play wide on in a 4-3-3. If anything at all, they play narrow. This was the very first thing I pointed out to you about the system many months ago, when you wanted Conte out and said our goals were by luck.

Hazard plays very close to Costa and so does Pedro. Plus they both run into the midfield in defensive position, to form the first line of resistance. Although hey have the flexibility to provide width when they can, theactual width is provided by the wing backs.

I am not going to criticize the system on the back of one loss. The reason we've led the league for most of the season is because we defend very well and we are difficult to contain in attack in a 3-4-3.

To tell you how brilliant the system is, Jose needed 3 attempts to find a temporary solution. The system is fantastic.

How can it not be? 99% of the league so far comes into games against us with only one thing in mind - stop us from playing. We are the only team in the league who goes up against any opposition, home and away, without modifying set up. The only thing we adjust per game is where the defensive block starts from. We still play a 3-4-3. This is indicative of a superior setup. We mastered it.

The problem we have with our own system are the scarce creative quality in the first 11 and non-existent quality in depth. This is a one-in, one-out solution and not a complete structural revamp.

Make the likes of Pedro, Moses, Matic, Cahill the back up players. Buy a striker who complements the co-attackers. A striker for the system first, before the goals. Then watch how formidable we would be.

A lot are just over-reacting to the loss.

Utd were more motivated having been defeated twice by us already this season.

Spurs have a more difficult run in than us. I wouldnt worry much, We got this!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2017
SIRcumalot:

no be counter attack una dey use beat everybody since
Chelsea don't play counter attack, they defend in bulk and attack in bulk.. Antonio conte has said it several times he doesn't come to a game to attack on counter..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2017
Odunharry:
U say..
Na u dey reign, I don kpomkpi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 9:18am On Apr 17, 2017
Nihilist:

343 is a counter attacking formation, not a creative one. You cannot press higher up the pitch with 3 men at the back otherwise you open yourself up to counterattacks down the flanks.

Out of curiosity, the pressing higher up the pitch thing. Isn't it possible that the whole team move up as a unit while pressing such that you still have your shape, even though you've moved a considerable distance away from your goal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2017
lalaboi:

A lot are just over-reacting to the loss.

Utd were more motivated having been defeated twice by us already this season.

Spurs have a more difficult run in than us. I wouldnt worry much, We got this!

For real. I don't know if we would win our remaining games. But if we do, we will be 2 points shy of the all-time points record set by ourselves. That's a phenomenal achievement considering the huge difference in quality and investment in both eras.

I think many people are not putting what Conte has achieved into proper perspective. He has literally pulled off a miracle with only Luiz, Alonso (considered below average by many) and Kante as the only new addition to the main 11.

There really is no need for over reaction.

Spurs so far have been playing without pressure. Now they are going into the rest of their games, needing to win. It remains to be seen how they cope with that expectation. Unfortunately along the way, they are playing two teams who are desperate to finish in the top four.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2017
as it stands,,if Costa must keep playing... den we need to start Parking d bus(Pdb)...pdb would have saved us yesterday,,,,we were trying to attack and we couldn't...... a change in formation is very important for us at d moment or we just have to pdb till season ends
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 9:51am On Apr 17, 2017
lordfalcao:
Chelsea don't play counter attack, they defend in bulk and attack in bulk.. Antonio conte has said it several times he doesn't come to a game to attack on counter..
don't fall for it lordfalcao,you can make your own judgement.
why Conte cant stand the idea,that he plays these style of football me no understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) (2791) ... (19355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m), airmark(m), USAfall2024 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.