Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10588071 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2784) (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) ... (19239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ibime:

Nah, he was poor. Moses, Zouma and him were the worst.

TBH though there's no way we coulda won that match.

As soon as they scored, I told my mate the game was over cos I couldn't see a single passing lane for Chelsea to pass through.

Mourinho did a real job on us, the same job he did to Liverpool 3 years ago. That 3-6-1 formation is our Kryptonite. Now I can see why Manure are unbeaten in 6 months.

Fellaini was MOTM easily.
exactly. I for once never thought we will win that match. At most a draw. We deserved to lose.
We can't win all the time and man utd were really prepared.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
The next time Ibime wanna defend Matic

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
SIRcumalot:
i go still hear am like three times before i pass final judgement.
alright
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TapDance: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
You Niggas proudly flaunting Piratebay I hail you...If I soo much has download 1kb I will be slapped with $100 $300 fines with warnings left and right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
nateevs:

I agree with the last point and this is why I insist it is the personnel and not the formation. Imagine we had Sanchez/Bernado Silva instead of Pedro. Mbappe instead of Costa, Verratti instead Matic and Joao Cancelo instead of Moses. Then you have a near perfect situation, still in a 3-4-3, where marking out a single player is an impossible defensive tactic.

So 3-4-3 is not the problem. As a matter of fact, Conte has performed magic getting us this far, with the little creativity the team possesses. Imagine what he could do with better players?
exactly. But, for me, there are loses that i don't blame anyone for. This match is one of them. Even if we had all those players, we could still have lost. The day you will lose, you will lose. Conte's post match comments summarises everything.

Even the great Barcelona of pep's era used to lose.

"In this case I wasn't able to transfer the right
motivation to play this type of game."
To watch Premier League action on your mobile
now download the Football Score Centre on
iPhone or Android
Chelsea have a favourable run-in compared to
Tottenham, but with the gap now at just four
points Conte claimed that the title race has
become a 50-50 tussle.
"We lost two games. The two games were
totally different - we didn't deserve to lose
against [Crystal] Palace - today we deserved to
lose. There are six finals until now and the end.
The league is open. We have a 50 per cent
probability of winning the league.
"The pressure is normal - I prefer to have the
pressure rather than not fight for the title and
to joke in very moment. We are lucky to have
the pressure - last season Chelsea had no
pressure as they were 10th place.
"Something important is happening this season.
We are doing a quick job, a miracle this season
considering the problems last season."
Chelsea's Italian head coach Antonio Conte
shouts from the touchline
He added: "I am concerned, we have to work
together and find quickly the right desire and
ambition to win this title.
"For us it is a fantastic target. For me if we
were able to reach this target it would be a
miracle. We must understand this and find the
right motivation.
"We stay in a great position, but Tottenham
are in good form and playing very well and
with enthusiasm. We must have the same."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
Danhumprey:
And there lies the problem. Hazard is the only real creative player in the team. what about Fagregas?

you guys obviously need to spend like madmen in the summer. this your squad is just papering over the crack and punching above their weight.

with Costa misfiring, Hazard marked out completely and Pedro clueless, your attack is dead.

And I am sure Conte knows this. This is why the first name we should be chasing in that transfer market is Sanchez. Creating a formidable second attacking outlet, which renders man-marking useless, before it gets conceived.

And I say again, No to Lukaku. When team stays as organised as they were today with the intent to defend, players like Lukaku cannot unlock shi!t. Get a player who complements co-attackers with intelligent movement on/off-the-ball, even if that player scores fewer goals.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
Lana1:
smiley

Shey u dey troll now, e dey sweet u, sha make top 4 or win Europa or else, u go cry for that ur thread come season end.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dubylhover(m): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nihilist:

It's not on the album
ouch what a shame
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
We need to get rid of Costa ASAP. Even in the shooting drill before the match, dude could not hit the target once. In the pig in the middle, he kept losing the ball sef. He just looked disinterested throughout.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dubylhover(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
SIRcumalot:

piratebay.

i don hear this album the one time and na only that humble jam really they work for me.
i go still try again.

from what I read online and being a Kendrick fan,its going to be a conscious album..its really about the lyrics and deep meaning..mayb y you like humble na because mike will made d sound...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
bigkesh:

And next time you carry your false prophet induced trolling enter our thread!

You will will end up here! !!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TapDance: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nihilist and Pro-Lukaku ultra here's a reason why your Lukaku is trash truth be told he's one-dimensional,
Anybody with decent soccer knowledge knows this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SomeEvertonFan/status/853277514030075904/video/1

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
With what Costa have been giving to us this past week, is there anyone who still believes that link up play from a striker is less important than putting the ball in the net?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
TapDance:
Nihilist and Pro-Lukaku ultra here's a reason why your Lukaku is trash truth be told he's one-dimensional,
Anybody with decent soccer knowledge knows this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SomeEvertonFan/status/853277514030075904/video/1

Did you watch the clip you posted?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
bigkesh:
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
nateevs:

I agree with the last point and this is why I insist it is the personnel and not the formation. Imagine we had Sanchez/Bernado Silva instead of Pedro. Mbappe instead of Costa, Verratti instead Matic and Joao Cancelo instead of Moses. Then you have a near perfect situation, still in a 3-4-3, where marking out a single player is an impossible defensive tactic.

So 3-4-3 is not the problem. As a matter of fact, Conte has performed magic getting us this far, with the little creativity the team possesses. Imagine what he could do with better players?

Which is why I said earlier:
Nihilist:

Even Juve the Owners of 3 at the back, switched to a back 4 against Barca to cope with superior midfield numbers. If we must continue with 3 at the back next season, we may need to go out and buy a new 11, because we will be exposed against the big boys in Europe.

Is the 343 formation viable if we have to spend money on Alexis, Veratti, Mbappe etc?

How much do you reckon we will need to spend to get these players? 100m? 200? 300?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
nateevs:

And I am sure Conte knows this. This is why the first name we should be chasing in that transfer market is Sanchez. Creating a formidable second attacking outlet, which renders man-marking useless, before it gets conceived.

And I say again, No to Lukaku. When team stays as organised as they were today with the intent to defend, players like Lukaku cannot unlock shi!t. Get a player who complements co-attackers with intelligent movement on/off-the-ball, even if that player scores fewer goals.

A striker like Suarez. Pity we can't get him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
In everything we go still win the league. That one no dey shake me at all. Tottenham must drop points.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
nateevs:

exactly what I have been saying all along
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nihilist:

Is the 343 formation viable if we have to spend money on Alexis, Veratti, Mbappe etc?

How much do you reckon we will need to spend to get these players? 100m? 200? 300?

What is wrong with the 3-4-3?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chelseafan1:

A striker like Suarez. Pity we can't get him.

Thats why i prefer belotti. He is the only striker close to suarez in style. We need a strong striker who can play with others, could go solo and score goals. Today was just not chelsea's. The moment i learnt alonso and courtois were out, i knew odds would be against us. At least we could see how important hazard is in the team. Mou did a good job today lording herrera on him. I hope this match will let other players adjust and up their games. I wont mind benching costa in the next game. He needs a break, he is killing the team.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SeekinAttention(f): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
teeezy00:
Anywhere hazard went Herrera was behind him like

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nihilist:

Alexis veratti mbappe etc?

just because of a defeat to united?

o ga o!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
airmark:

Thats why i prefer belotti. He is the only striker close to suarez in style. We need a strong striker who can play with others, could go solo and score goals. Today was just not chelsea's. The moment i learnt alonso and courtois were out, i knew odds would be against us. At least we could see how important hazard is in the team. Mou did a good job today lording herrera on him. I hope this match will let other players adjust and up their games. I wont mind benching costa in the next game. He needs a break, he is killing the team.

Killing team is an understatement bro, I had teary eyes all through, I even developed headache after the match....Hazard, Kante, Azpi, Courtois and Luiz are the only decent players we have in that team.

I'll check the Belotti guy out tonight, let's just get him and Sanchez, not players like Costa and Pedro dt will turn up today and be missing next week. Too many carry-along players in the team. I just pray this doesn't cost us the league.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
lekkie073:
Alexis veratti mbappe etc?

just because of a defeat to united?

o ga o!

Make them Add Alli, Kane and Dybala

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by teeezy00: 10:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
No manager has ever done a Premier League double over Jose Mourinho in his six full seasons in England. [Squawka]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by teeezy00: 10:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Costa has been a minus in our games..... I hereby posit an attacking trio of Pedro-hazard-willian till d end of d season.... we don't need Costa coming to waste space and spoil our game till d end of d season....cuz from today's game I can see that Chelsea won't be able to beat Tottenham on Saturday with Costa in our lineup...we need an attacking shift ASAP if we must win d league...2kobo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Shey u dey troll now, e dey sweet u, sha make top 4 or win Europa or else, u go cry for that ur thread come season end.

grin

Lamentations!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
This is what happens when you use the same set of players game after games. Maintaining a teams tactics is allowed but as for players, you have to rotate once in a while so that others can easily gel once called upon. It happened against crystal palace when we lost moses too . The league is still ours to lose tho. Tottenham will drop points from at least four out of those 6ix games they have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
nateevs:

What is wrong with the 3-4-3?

343 is a counter attacking formation, not a creative one. You cannot press higher up the pitch with 3 men at the back otherwise you open yourself up to counterattacks down the flanks.

So by default, a 343 team has to defend in a low block, Now because you have to defend in a low block, you cannot commit too many men forward in attack. The fewer men you can commit to attack, the fewer chances you can create.

Because, you can't commit to many men to your attack,there's no point holding on to the ball for too long.

You can't afford to probe your opponent's defences, because you literally have one man less at the back than your opponent, so any turnover could be catastrophic, as we saw for Rashford's goal today. Essentially playing 343 means you cede posession immediately.

So it doesn't really matter the players you have. If you cannot send men forward, you cannot create enough chances. If you cannot hold the ball, you can't build wave after wave of effective attacks. You can only hope that your wingers dribble 10 men and score sweet goals like Hazard has been doing for us. Once you mark Hazard and Sanchez/Mbappe/Whoever, the game is up straight.

Lets look at the Stats. According to whoscored:

Chelsea have the lowest possesion stats of the top 6 as at start of this weekend.
Chelsea have taken the fewest shots in the top 6
Chelsea have made the fewest key passes per game in the top 6
Chelsea have made the most dribbles per game in the entire league.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/6335/Stages/13796/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2016-2017

So you can see from the stats that we are heavily reliant on individual dribblers(also known as Hazard) to bail us out offensively, simply because 343 as a system cannot create enough chances.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lordabas: 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
A moment of silence for all the attacks Diego Costa has ruined for us this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2784) (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) ... (19239) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman, Sulele04(m), MorataFC, madrid5, amodu(m), CallTheCops(m), 100smile(m), Astrid4(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.