Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10670846 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) (2791) (2792) ... (19317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2017
My own take one this is where is Batshuayi and what exactly has that nigga done to Conte for him to always chop the bench despite Costa playing like a thug with no footie intelligence. He can't be worse than Costa presently can he?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2017
nateevs:

I am not going to criticize the system on the back of one loss. The reason we've led the league for most of the season is because we defend very well and we are difficult to contain in attack in a 3-4-3.

The reasons we won the league were:

Hazard
Lack of European Commitments
New formation initially bamboozling our opponents
Hazard
Kante

The system was new back then and people weren't exactly sure how it worked.

Then Spurs came and exposed how to overload the left flank and open us up for a goal or two. Teams began to see wagwan. Our cleansheets were the first casuaty. We had something like 9 cleansheets in a row at one point. Now we havent had a cleansheet in the league for 4 months.

The goals are beginning to dry up as well. Costa is clearly struggling for chances, and we're relying a bit heavily on set piece goals.

Now yesterday,Main Man got Marked.

If there's any doubt why the system needs to be tweaked, just look the amount of points we've dropped recently. We've gone from 'We've won the league to I hope we win the league'.

Anyway, my main gripe isn't really about the 343 per se. It's about using the 343 against the big boys. Check this thread for comments during those games and you will see what I mean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2017
donjazet:

Based on what logic would you make such a premonition? I think teams continue to underestimate them much to their peril. They're on a 9 match winning run keeping 6 clean sheets in the process and scoring 3 and above in 5.

If you pick that team apart, you realize that they are much better than most of our players, simply put, they're the best team in the league, they are the highest scores now and the meanest defense.

On current form, they will beat arsenal hands down and can edge Manchester United at their home. They certainly shouldnt be underestimated.

Yeah, they are better than us. We have known since January. But probability is probability. What's the probability of them not dropping at least 2 points against Palace away, Arsenal, West Ham away, Manure, Leicester away. . . . and away to a Hull team who don't lose at home?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2017
Lordemperoris100:

I have already bet on chelsea, real Madrid, juventus,Monaco ,feynoord and Bayern to win their leagues

Monaco go bust your ticket o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Earth2Metahuman: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2017
pamcode:
My own take one this is where is Batshuayi and what exactly has that nigga done to Conte for him to always chop the bench despite Costa playing like a thug with no footie intelligence. He can't be worse than Costa presently can he?
conte is scared of rotating wining team which is why chelsea always lose whenever one player of the winning team has injury.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lordemperoris100(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2017
Ibime:

lol
6 matches to go
they re leading PSG with 3points for now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2017
from wat happened yesterday.... I think conte will allow spurs win on.Saturday so DAT we can concentrate on.our remaining games while spurs will have one more distraction so as to maintain our lead at d top

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2017
It might be a blessing in disguise if we don't win the league. We would see we need to strengthen the team and only play 343 with smaller teams when all players are fit and available.
Begovic and Courtois, i cannot say who is better. They both look immobile although i believe Courtois might have got a hand to that rashford goal.
There is no replacement for the lwb position. With Alonso injured, we should have switched to 433 with Moses on the right and Azpilicueta on the left. Zouma has no idea what to do in a 3-4-3 position. Luiz has been unfit for the better part of the season and Cahill is worst off. I still don't understand why Ake was called back from his loan at Bournemouth.
Matic is a passenger in that team. I don't think he had a single duel with either Pogba or Fellaini throughout the match. It was always Kante contesting. We only use 2 midfielders and they both need to sit back and win the ball. If matic and fabregas are useless at that. Give Chalobah a chance. No manager would have arranged what Mourinho put up yesterday. But he took a gamble and left the so called big boys on the bench. I remember a few seasons ago, we were trying to stop Liverpool winning the title and Mourinho took a chance on Tomas Kalas. He got the better of Suarez that day. Since then the boy has disappeared into thin air. We should take a chance on this youngsters. The older folks might wake up from their slumber.
Hazard is a fraud. U have Herrera on u for 90minutes. With all the dribbles, he didn't get a yellow card till the 70th minute and he still broke free to give and assist and score a goal.
I hope the Chinese market is open in the summer. Costa needs to go. Infact he should not start again this season. Even if we used Batshuayi yesterday and he performed woefully. It would have been equal to having Costa.
Willian and Pedro's competition is unhealthy. Willian is no longer motivated to play. I don't think he had more than 6 touches of the ball yesterday.
We cannot take this crap to Europe. We would be worst off than Arsenal is

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2017
Airmark, em em em wan pay me 10k outta my over 350k wey dey....

At least I go see free money buy fuel for car and recharge card.

My friend changed my guider to himself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2017
Babamide:
It might be a blessing in disguise if we don't win the league. We would see we need to strengthen the team and only play 343 with smaller teams when all players are fit and available.
Begovic and Courtois, i cannot say who is better. They both look immobile although i believe Courtois might have got a hand to that rashford goal.
There is no replacement for the lwb position. With Alonso injured, we should have switched to 433 with Moses on the right and Azpilicueta on the left. Zouma has no idea what to do in a 3-4-3 position. Luiz has been unfit for the better part of the season and Cahill is worst off. I still don't understand why Ake was called back from his loan at Bournemouth.
Matic is a passenger in that team. I don't think he had a single duel with either Pogba or Fellaini throughout the match. It was always Kante contesting. We only use 2 midfielders and they both need to sit back and win the ball. If matic and fabregas are useless at that. Give Chalobah a chance. No manager would have arranged what Mourinho put up yesterday. But he took a gamble and left the so called big boys on the bench. I remember a few seasons ago, we were trying to stop Liverpool winning the title and Mourinho took a chance on Tomas Kalas. He got the better of Suarez that day. Since then the boy has disappeared into in air. We should take a chance on this youngsters. The older folks might wake up from their slumber.
Hazard is a fraud. U have Herrera on u for 90minutes. With all the dribbles, he didn't get a yellow card till the 70th minute and he still broke free to give and assist and score a goal.
I hope the Chinese market is open in the summer. Costa needs to go. Infact he should not start again this season. Even if we used Batshuayi yesterday and he performed woefully. It would have been equal to having Costa.
Willian and Pedro's competition is unhealthy. Willian is no longer motivated to play. I don't think he had more than 6 touches of the ball yesterday.
We cannot take this crap to Europe. We would be worst off than Arsenal is
I disagree on d bolded....we already knew we needed reinenforcememt b4 January... So no be today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2017
The earlier Conte realises Costa is really dragging us back, the better....how can we rest thru out the week and play that kinda crap we played against a team that still played on Thursday, we were just pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lordemperoris100(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2017
macjireh:
from wat happened yesterday.... I think conte will allow spurs win on.Saturday so DAT we can concentrate on.our remaining games while spurs will have one more distraction so as to maintain our lead at d top
not true

beat spurs and the next FA cup match would be after the season ends

so that's not an excise for the incoming L

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2017
Nihilist:

The reasons we won the league were:

Hazard
Lack of European Commitments
New formation initially bamboozling our opponents
Hazard
Kante

The system was new back then and people weren't exactly sure how it worked.

The goals are beginning to dry up as well. Costa is clearly struggling for chances, and we're relying a bit heavily on set piece goals.

Now yesterday,Main Man got Marked.

If there's any doubt why the system needs to be tweaked, just look the amount of points we've dropped recently. We've gone from 'We've won the league to I hope we win the league'. .

Spot on!

That's why I am worried now. Everyone now knows how they can beat Chelsea. The question is if we can withstand the pressure or if we would crumble.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 11:34am On Apr 17, 2017
macjireh:

I disagree on d bolded....we already knew we needed reinenforcememt b4 January... So no be today
Wetin con happen for January transfer?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2017
So we have now turned to Nigeria super eagles that relies on other team to beat their close opponent before they can qualify.

I don't know why Conte is still starting Costa. 4 at the back would have been better yesterday, with Kante Magic Fabregas William Pedro and harzard as false 9. At least Mou wouldn't have prepared for this formation just has Conte.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neighy(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2017
Lordemperoris100:
ibime knows what he is saying

spurs will drop points

can't u see their next 4, matches

crystal palace- in form team with a coach who knows how to best big team

arsenal- they will surely give their best in order to make top4

same as man united

westham will cause some trouble also

I have already bet on chelsea, real Madrid, juventus,Monaco ,feynoord and Bayern to win their leagues
even if they will.. Chelsea still have to play like Tottenham won't.. Chelsea have to keep winning games not expecting Tottenham to lose

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
I feel terrible, I hate losing to man Utd.
I can barely sleep last night.
We had full week to prepare for that match.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
Babamide:
Wetin con happen for January transfer?
if u ask me na who I go ask
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
Agbakolly:

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
Agbakolly:
Awwww...

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
Chelseafan1:
The earlier Conte realises Costa is really dragging us back, the better....how can we rest thru out the week and play that kinda crap we played against a team that still played on Thursday, we were just pathetic.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ibime:

Those boys are consistent both at home and away, he should be worried about the challenge Ajax presents Feyernood.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
Roland17:
@Ramdeuter

Remember my question last year? Has Chelsea peaked too early?

No they are still in good stead to win the league with at least a game to spare
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
diggz:
Will Conte be the first to drop points at this stage? Even if we end up not winning the league, it won't be the end of the world.
Anyways, it is good for the league. I am enjoying the challenge and the last minute intrigues.
At least ramdeuter n hin gang dem go see why we love the PL. grin

Which last minute intrigue? Its clear to anyone that Chelsea will win this league

Can you stake any amount of any other team winning the league?

So if you already know the league winner by December what is this intrigue?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
the loss was really a bitter pill to swallow, but for once in a long time let us acknowledge the tactical nous of Mourinho; y'day tactics was spot on and from the book of great coaches like Lippi, Capello, Ferguson etc.
There was absolute nothing Conte could have done ( just like the game of chess ) Mou already knows all the moves and he came prepared

Conte: brings in Fabregas to take up the space vacated by Herrera

Mou: don't worry I have Carrick? PERFECT

I agree with some posters; we need creativity from midfield for occasions like this (and am not talking of Fabregas) we need someone like Vidal, Modric, Varetti, etc who have the ability to hold the ball and move it upfield. cos since Mou had blocked the channels we loved to operate (Valencia Fellani and Herrera on the left, Young, Pogba and darmien on the right) then the creativity should have coming been from the middle but nothing was forthcoming and the loss of Alonso didn't help either, he would have given us an aerial outlet and his intelligent movement down the flank would have helped Hazard in freeing up space.

I know the pressure is on, but we can still do this and hope Abrahamovich would release enough cash to upgrade the team come this summer.

Blue is the Color..... on to the next match

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
raumdeuter:

Which last minute intrigue? Its clear to anyone that Chelsea will win this league

I don't know about you dayo but I won't stake my money grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
raumdeuter:

EPL 2011/2012 with six matches to go united were leading man city with 8 points. end of the season city won d league (their first EPL) in grand style ( goals difference).

anything can happen in EPL until its mathematically over

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
We should loan Costa to Bristol City and recall Tammy

22 league goals already

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
Chelseafan1:
Hazard is a fraud? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
can asnal win today....I want to put some money on dem
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
bykebyke:

Hazard is a fraud? grin

You sef see am na!!! cheesy grin

Ramdeuter izzit true?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
hensben:
Yes Belotti is a warrior but I fear Italian players in epl. Morata and Sanchez will be a good buy in that attack. My only problem with Morata is his physical strength, although he's mentally strong.

Morata will be a mistake for us. Once we win epl, our opponents will bring cutlasses for our key players next season. Every team will want to beat the champion. Can morata handle such challenges? He aint ready yet.

Chelseafan1:
Airmark, em em em wan pay me 10k outta my over 350k wey dey....

At least I go see free money buy fuel for car and recharge card.

My friend changed my guider to himself.

Didn't you ph anew? I learnt Terry will finally leave. The legend !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) (2791) (2792) ... (19317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TradingGod and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.