Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10534276 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) ... (19167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eddie7: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
Championship club Aston Villa have signed former Chelsea and England captain John Terry.

The 36-year-old defender, whose contract at Stamford Bridge expired last month has signed a one-year deal with the Championship club.

Villa in an official statement wrote: "John Terry will wear the No.26 this season. Terry joined us this morning on a free transfer after the expiration of his contract at former club Chelsea.

"The former England captain has worn the No.26 all throughout his senior career at the Blues. And he will be reunited with the number for the 2017/18 campaign after penning his one-year deal."

Terry, who won 78 caps for England, played 717 games for Chelsea and won his fifth Premier League title in May.

Villa finished 13th in the Championship last season but Steve Bruce's side are among the favourites to win automatic promotion to the top flight in 2017-18.

Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp said in June that his club had made an offer to Terry, who announced in April that he would be leaving Chelsea.

Terry has played for only two other English clubs - Chelsea and Nottingham Forest, with whom he had a short loan spell in 2000.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
lordfalcao:
you don't need to drag it cus belotti have nothing to show he is better than lacazette. Even Suarez in Torino will not score 10 goals.

Why is real madrid not showing interest in lacasera? Why is torino splashing 100m on belotti as price tag and lyon is willing to sell lacasera for 40m. Stuffs are not difficult to understand in transfer market, even if you dont know the players involved.

hensben:
he can play azpi position and azpi moved to RWB. Luiz is 30 so is Cahil. Moreover, I think we are still gonna sign van dijk and loan zouma.

Conte will be very stvpid to swap azpi for rudiger if he wants to win ucl for the first time. If he could become nervous in confed final as someone said, to defend him, how are we sure he wont quake in front of the ronaldos of this world. We want players that command first team shirts in their national teams at this point. Real madrid, barcelona, bayern dont have two heads. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
lordfalcao:
I will even prefer azpi in the wing back role whenever we play UCL. He is more of a goal threat from that position than Moses.

Play Azpi in the wing back role and do what with a 6foot plus CB who looses concentration easily or a jittery CB?

We are talking about solidifying our defence you are talking about goal threats. You really need to go see most our matches of last season to realize how important Azpi is to that back 3. No be beans to answer present sir for all our matches.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
All the best JT.....our legend always

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
diggz:

Play Azpi in the wing back role and do what with a 6foot plus CB who looses concentration easily or a jittery CB?

We are talking about solidifying our defence you are talking about goal threats. You really need to go see most our matches of last season to realize how important Azpi is to that back 3. No be beans to answer present sir for all our matches.

You made this observation from just one match?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
diggz:

Where will you then put moses? I think you are underestimating Azpis role in that back 3.

So you moved Ake out to buy another squad player who you are not even sure which position will be is bestgrin una dey try for this NL coaching work.
moses don't have issues coming from bench so is Alonso when we sign sandro. The only thing moses has on azpi in that RWB is dribbling skills which by the way is more suited except that Moses is average at scoring and square play which azpi do comfortably. Another thing is to have players that don't have problem when glued to the bench and will be happy when call upon like Willian.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
diggz:

Imagine moving azpi for this same rudiger. cheesy

diggz:
All the best JT.....our legend always
why did he sign for another club in epl? Disappointed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nihilist:
Oboi I just found out that Rudiger is mixed race. As in Caucasian papa.

Mehn the black side of his family must be descended from Noob Saibot himself. Their genes no even let one gram of yellow from the oyibo side express for him body. The mama of this boy win the papa flawless victory. grin

Dammit.

Ta!

Him mama dey collect diçk outside.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
hensben:
moses don't have issues coming from bench so is Alonso when we sign sandro. The only thing moses has on azpi in that RWB is dribbling skills which by the way is more suited except that Moses is average at scoring and square play which azpi do comfortably. Another thing is to have players that don't have problem when glued to the bench and will be happy when call upon like Willian.

Can you please tell me which position is Ur guys best position?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Manolas is more cultured than Rudiger no doubt.

Anyway let's see. I haven't really watched Rudiger since his injury
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ibime:

Ta!

Him mama dey collect diçk outside.

Lol.... I actually mentioned the guy would have done DNA test to confirm. The thing shock me wella grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nihilist:

You made this observation from just one match?

Let me even admit my observation is wrong so we can get to the root of the matter.

Watching him play for the first time which position will you have him play for us?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
That Rudiger na full black jo.
Likely one black refugee dey gbensh the mother or she carry belle from Sierra Leone come meet the German papa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
diggz:

Can you please tell me which position is Ur guys best position?
RCB, LCB, RB and CB. He is a utility player or rather a utility defender
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
diggz:

Where roma or Bournemouth finished is not my headache and thanks for doing a dayo with the Confederate finals. As bad as e be.... I understand sodjes hype is in top gear.

[size=14pt]My own headache is simple, who will he bench in that backline[/size]? Or which position do you see him performing? Can we confidently say we have addressed the issues in that back three and we have an upgrade which will improve us? If your answer is YES I will rest my case till after the end of the season however if it is NO, why then did we waste how money?

Nobody can sincerely answer that question right now because no one knows what is in conte's mind right now, all we could do is just guess and try and figure what his plans MIGHT be. To do that, we have to scrutinize the situation of our present top defenders and deduce who might be the victim since there isn't any talk of any being sold.

First of all, we currently have 3 key defenders already in Azpi, Luiz and Cahill.

We know that luiz was bought as a result of our search for a world class defender, whether he has lived up to the billing is up for debate but it's fair to say he was instrumental to our title success last season and played a key role during our 10 game clean sheet run. He also showcased a great leadership mentality by playing through the pain barrier towards the end of the season which was very crucial as of then.

There is no sign whatsoever right now as to if he'll be benched next season and there is no reason why he should be benched.

As for Cahill, his performance has been a very divisive issue amongst we the fans but there are certain facts on ground and factors which make it seem very unlikely that he'll be relegated to the bench next season.

Firstly cahill has always been at the heart of Chelseas successes for the last 5 years, he has been included in the team of the season 3 out of the 5 years he has been with us and won almost all trophies to be won in club football, participating actively in all. No mediocre player could have been carried along that long enough.

Secondly, he has now matured fully into a leader and now captains both club and country. Being the only English player in the 1st team and the longest serving player also consolidates his position now as the captain and leader of the club. He filled John Terrys boot seamlessly last season. no fighting on the pitch, no heckling of the refree, no player power etc. It would be politically incorrect to bench Cahill.

Thirdly, he is a goal scoring defender and his types are always needed in the team. He offers good height advantage and is very successful with Ariel duels. Ramos's crucial goals for Madrid should be an example why goal-scoring defenders are crucial to a team.

Unfortunately due to insufficiency of my time and the length of post I cant go on but it's fair to guess and say that Conte buying another top defender is primarily for tactical flexibility, he has shown that he is a very tactically flexible manager. Maybe at certain points he intends changing from a 3 man defense to a 4 man defense and intends reverting azpi to his primary position (rb).

Only time will tell.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
hensben:
RCB, LCB, RB and CB. He is a utility player

Luiz is a utility player.

Azpi is a utility player.

Victor moses is another utility player.

Alonso can be a utility player.

Zouma is a utility player

Djoubalablala na utility player.

Please take a look at this present squad, especially the back 3 and tell me how your guy can improve it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
Tval:
So many people that follow "carefreedaily" on Twitter are on here. That Twitter account is the most moronic of all football fans' Twitter accounts.
Lol.....He is a crazy dude
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
airmark:

why did he sign for another club in epl? Disappointed.

Which one be disappointed again? Oga leave my guy make hin go chop abeg. Oba no wan go transfer sey na by force?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
lordfalcao:
are you ready to gamble that last season he is in top 6 CB in Italy ?
Chiellini
Bonucci
Barzagli
Manolas
Romagnoli
Koulibaly

If they are all available at the same price,which of these ones will you pick Rudiger over?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
donjazet:

And how on earth do you say an experienced starter for Roma with over 130 apps is not among the top6??

Is Cahill top 6 in England?
Is Smalling top 6 in England?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
bigkesh:

Chiellini
Bonucci
Barzagli
Manolas
Romagnoli
Koulibaly

If they are all available at the same price,which of these ones will you pick Rudiger over?

Barzagli.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
lordfalcao:
I will even prefer azpi in the wing back role whenever we play UCL. He is more of a goal threat from that position than Moses.

We should ban you and the guy that liked this post from this section

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
diggz:

Luiz is a utility player.

Azpi is a utility player.

Victor moses is another utility player.

Alonso can be a utility player.

Zouma is a utility player

Djoubalablala na utility player.

Please take a look at this present squad, especially the back 3 and tell me how your guy can improve it?
RCB azpi moved to RWB. I told you this earlier.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
bigkesh:

Is Cahill top 6 in England?
Is Smalling top 6 in England?

Of course, Cahill is among the top 4 defenders in the league.

At least Over 4000 professional footballers in the EPL think so, so who are we to counteract them.

You can't seriously be asking if cahill is among the top 6 defenders. That question just reeks of your recurring sentimentality and bias in this whole issue.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eddie7: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chelsea have fallen behind in the race to sign Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci, according to reports in Italy. The centre-back have been linked with a host of clubs this summer, but the Italian champions have already insisted Bonucci is not for sale. Tuttosport claim that of several sides chasing his signature, Barcelona are the favourites to seal the transfer.

Torino head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic admits his club won't resist crazy money for Chelsea target Belotti: ''Will he stay? I hope so. President isn’t thinking of selling him. Then there’s the €100m release clause. If someone pays it then a flood of money will arrive. It’s not just about replacing Belotti, it’s worse than that. It’s hard to find someone else who pulls their teammates forward and scores 26 goals

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
hensben:
RCB azpi moved to RWB. I told you this earlier.

Ok....no wahala.

I will rest my case for now bcuz from look of things he may end up not signing for us. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ibime:
Manolas is more cultured than Rudiger no doubt.

Anyway let's see. I haven't really watched Rudiger since his injury

100%.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
donjazet:

Barzagli.
Why did I even bother putting him there when Dr vrij and Miranda never die
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
donjazet:

Of course, Cahill is among the top 4 defenders in the league.

At least Over 4000 professional footballers in the EPL think so, so who are we to counteract them.

You can't seriously be asking if cahill is among the top 6 defenders. That question just reeks of your recurring sentimentality and bias in this whole issue.

Ladies and gentlemen,Cahill is better than Toby and Azpi

And of course Mane is better than Sanchez

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
bigkesh:

Why did I even bother putting him there when Dr vrij and Miranda never die

And on what criteria now are you terming a TOP defender for you to say Miranda is better than Rudiger?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
bigkesh:

Ladies and gentlemen,Cahill is better than Toby and Azpi

And of course Mane is better than Sanchez

For God's sake, you don't make the team of the season THREE times in 5 years if you're not a top defender. That's consistency right there blud. Don't forget his spell at Bolton too.
I have given more than enough reasons why cahill is very okay in my previous posts.

This is how Wikipedia describes his playing style:

Style of play:

Cahill is known for his technical ability, powerful heading in defence and attack, volleying, and good tackling. The centre back also has an impressive goal-scoring record from defence. Former Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas said of Cahill, "I think his technical attributes are immense and his pace is fantastic."Despite being a defender, Cahill is noted for his technical ability and distribution, and occasionally, for his finishing prowess, and strength with his head. A quick, consistent and reliable centreback, Cahill is also known for his positioning and his ability to read the game.

I say again, You're being over sentimental and singing Bandwagon songs.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
donjazet:

And on what criteria now are you terming a TOP defender for you to say Miranda is better than Rudiger?
You told me Rudiger is established because he has played in both UCL and Europa and also starting for As Roma

And you are seriously asking me why I think a Miranda that won the Europa, LA liga and almost won the UCL twice as a rock in ATM defence is better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) ... (19167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22, andrewbaba44 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.