Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,843 members, 7,862,763 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10741157 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3285) (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) ... (19411) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
The way isco dy ball these days just dy fear me.. Madrid longterm investment are beginning to pay off..
see that number 17 wey use dribble destroy Darmain and one other Utd player around the 80min mark.
madrid plan this their team well.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2017
lekkie073:
he even choose pocket join grin
Na snooker?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2017
More good news this morning, coutinho is leaving to barca. Ox is on 'his way' to Chelsea.
Morata to start on Saturday

Still waiting for VVD and drinkwater, heard Chelsea to bid £40m for rose
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Griffon:
This notice was twice paid for, apologies!

Hehehe. . .

I think we already know the ones that will apply. They currently take it as a hubby but with the cash on offer, na sure bet for them. . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:42am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

see that number 17 wey use dribble destroy Darmain and one other Utd player around the 80min mark.
madrid plan this their team well.
all these Lucas , asensio, kovacic ,ceballios in 3-4 years time they will take over from starters...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2017
lalaboi:

Hehehe. . .

I think we already know the ones that will apply. They currently take it as a hubby but with the cash on offer, na sure bet for them. . grin

Is this parcel meant for someone sir?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:47am On Aug 09, 2017
lekkie073:
oga...penalty is not a 50-50 chance except u r blindfolded. Its more like a 90-10 chance. Dats why most penalties end up being goals.

Really Lol...why not say 99.9 - 0.1. it was so easy we lost to arsenal 4-1 or it was so easy ronaldos team failed to make the Confed final. Na so e easy!!

You should probably put your life savings into penalty betting make we see if you no go end bankrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2017
Bimffo:
I can see the Dr viewing the page. grin grin

He sneaked into the room so that no one would wake up. Sorry Doc, you just put on the TV with Volume at 100% and I am not a heavy sleeper.

Oya watch everything we said Yesterday night. grin grin

Cc Afrodoc

By the way, United really impressed me yesterday.

Flops were just Lukaku and a little bit of Pogba. That Rashford is a baller, and United will bully teams in the EPL this season. wink

Guy you posted that at about 4 a.m Naija time which is about 12 noon local time for me. You know say i get work sha?

As per the match i don't know why any United fan should be ashamed losing 2-1 to the best team in the world. The only team ever to retain the Champions League. It is not like we lost a final/cup to Arsenal is it? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2017
eph12:

Lukaku didn't flop. He was left to feed off scraps and he managed a goal from that.
a kick from rebound? My grandma can score that one abeg grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2017
Segadem:
a kick from rebound? My grandma can score that one abeg grin
Can your grandma score penalty? grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2017
eph12:

Rashford had one job to do not long after he came in, release the ball to Lukaku that was free on goal. He didn't and that chance was lost. Rashford had a one on one and not some sudden rebound but he couldn't bury it. Your idea of an attacker is one taking on defenders with no end product? Or someone put through on goal and chose to shift the ball to his weaker foot when he could have done better? Mehn Morata really fit you guys.

Morata had one clean opportunity and couldn't bury. He wasn't under any pressure from any defender. And it was his official debut dammit!!!

Okay.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Lukaku scored

Rashford did not

Morata did not

As far as I'm concerned, Lukaku did his job as a striker...which is put the ball in the net.

Morata has yet to do that for us.

Don't set yourself up to be burnt my G. cheesy

Morata played how many minutes with a man down?

Apart from the goal which was useless anyways, what did Lukaku do?

He even had a clearer chance to score than Morata and still missed.

If he had scored his initial chance, United could have gotten the equalizer. Ain't saying United didn't play anything, but Lukaku was not better than Morata who is yet to begin any competitive match for Chelsea.

And which one is setting myself to be burnt? grin

Its just a damn Forum.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2017
Griffon:
Okay guys, my delivery company - Cobham Express is recruiting. Yeah, you heard that right.

We're Nairaland's leading delivery company and we are looking for Multi Drop Delivery Drivers, £24,680 a year!

Your day will typically start at 07:30am by planning your delivery route, so local knowledge and experience of multi drop delivery are needed.

Ideally you will have previous experience as a Delivery Driver, Van Driver and Multi Drop Delivery Driver. Not much hassle, just show us what you can do.

On top of your hourly rate there is the potential for multi drop bonus for over achieving targets. Working 5 days a week. Weekend shifts are available, but optional. No bank holidays.

What are you waiting for?

Cc: Diggz, Lalaboi, Airmark, TheCassanova, Bimffo, Bigkesh, Nateevs, Ibime, FBS, Nitlad, Elnino4Ladies, Lordfalcao, Timbros, Blueangel444, NihilistJnr (Heard you have ten years experience. WTF Is your CV?).

Delivery formart:

It's a new season and a lot of packages gotta be delivered.

P.S If you are not a Chelsea fan and you don't reside in Cobham but you wish to work with Cobham Express, you can apply for a work permit. We are here for you.

Legend!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2017
Bimffo:

Morata played how many minutes with a man down?

Apart from the goal which was useless anyways, what did Lukaku do?

He even had a clearer chance to score than Morata and still missed.

If he had scored his initial chance, United could have gotten the equalizer. Ain't saying United didn't play anything, but Lukaku was not better than Morata who is yet to begin any competitive match for Chelsea.

And which one is setting myself to be burnt? grin

Its just a damn Forum.

You see why I prayed and fasted against all desires - spiritual and otherwise - to bring Lukaku here. Because this is what our season would have been reduced to. Sebi Lukaku did his job. He sha scored.

Whether playing Lukaku upfront helped the team to be formidable as a collective unit is a secondary topic. So we will be subjected to the distasteful, disjointed play as long as Lukaku did his job.

He sha scored Bimfo. What is your problem? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2017
afrodoc2:

Guy you posted that at about 4 a.m Naija time which is about 12 noon local time for me. You know say i get work sha?

As per the match i don't know why any United fan should be ashamed losing 2-1 to the best team in the world. The only team ever to retain the Champions League. It is not like we lost a final/cup to Arsenal is it? grin

Lol. So sorry for the time error. I don forget sey most of una na Obodo Oyinbo guys. Skipped my mind.

You people should bee really ashamed, unless if you don't want to be sincere with yourselves. Madrid played like they were playing Hercules FC in Liga B.

They controlled the game, that you needed a 19 Year old boy named Rashidi and want away Fellaini to pull strings.

And as the way I am seeing it, Matic cannot free Pogba, Only Khalesi of GOT can free that nigggāā. Because even with the free role Pogba played yesterday, he was still playing like he was in chains.

But overall and be sincere, the introduction of Rashidi brought life into you guys and everyone was impressed. That 1st half should be termed an error. Only the woodwork and the wonderful goal keeper made the scoreline look respectable. wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2017
Bimffo:

Ain't saying United didn't play anything

Why are you being a gentleman and economical with the truth sir?

mAgad United played dirty like the shyttie scumwats they are. No life,flair,spark,brilliance etc..they served us pure shyte all night. It was only madrid that gave us something to look forward to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Griffon:
Okay guys, my delivery company - Cobham Express is recruiting. Yeah, you heard that right.

We're Nairaland's leading delivery company and we are looking for Multi Drop Delivery Drivers, £24,680 a year!

Your day will typically start at 07:30am by planning your delivery route, so local knowledge and experience of multi drop delivery are needed.

Ideally you will have previous experience as a Delivery Driver, Van Driver and Multi Drop Delivery Driver. Not much hassle, just show us what you can do.

On top of your hourly rate there is the potential for multi drop bonus for over achieving targets. Working 5 days a week. Weekend shifts are available, but optional. No bank holidays.

What are you waiting for?

Cc: Diggz, Lalaboi, Airmark, TheCassanova, Bimffo, Bigkesh, Nateevs, Ibime, FBS, Nitlad, Elnino4Ladies, Lordfalcao, Timbros, Blueangel444, NihilistJnr (Heard you have ten years experience. WTF Is your CV?).

Delivery formart:

It's a new season and a lot of packages gotta be delivered.

P.S If you are not a Chelsea fan and you don't reside in Cobham but you wish to work with Cobham Express, you can apply for a work permit. We are here for you.

I am in. grin grin

When will payment start? grin

But damn it, you are a clown.

Delivery format sef dey. Where will be my Location/Thread sir. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:42am On Aug 09, 2017
Bimffo:

Wish you would talk about Morata like this and spare one of the best striker in the World some time.

Airmark hold your peace. wink

I call a spade its name. Whenever morata starts to play as a great striker that we bought, be assured to see my comments. Don't see my views as hating on him bro. Even i saw more hunger in demba ba than in alvaro. Let's hope conte will turn water to wine.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2017
Bimffo:

Lol. So sorry for the time error. I don forget sey most of una na Obodo Oyinbo guys. Skipped my mind.

You people should bee really ashamed, unless if you don't want to be sincere with yourselves. Madrid played like they were playing Hercules FC in Liga B.

They controlled the game, that you needed a 19 Year old boy named Rashidi and want away Fellaini to pull strings.

And as the way I am seeing it, Matic cannot free Pogba, Only Khalesi of GOT can free that nigggāā. Because even with the free role Pogba played yesterday, he was still playing like he was in chains.

But overall and be sincere, the introduction of Rashidi brought life into you guys and everyone was impressed. That 1st half should be termed an error. Only the woodwork and the wonderful goal keeper made the scoreline look respectable. wink

Nah. Scorelines live forever, balance of play does not. If we had lost woefully 4-1, 5-0 yes that would be shameful but losing 2-1 to an all time great team with back2back champs league titles is not a disgrace.

I was not expecting a win barring some extreme good luck cos Madrid is by far the better team and better than any team in the world now.
They started with 10 of the players that started their last UCL final victory, 9 of the players that started the final before that and 6 of the players that won the title in 2014. Meaning they are not only the better collection of players but they are a very well oiled machine by now.
Abi is this not the same Madrid that beat Bayern 6-3, Atletico 4-2 and Juve 4-1 just a few months ago?

Our competition this year is in the EPL, the champions league is just a bonus and offers no guarantees. If we start getting out classed in a similar fashion by fellow English teams then i will be concerned.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

Why are you being a gentleman and economical with the truth sir?

mAgad United played dirty like the shyttie scumwats they are. No life,flair,spark,brilliance etc..they served us pure shyte all night. It was only madrid that gave us something to look forward to.

United played shïìt in the 1st half yesterday. No doubt.

But the 2nd half was impressive from them especially with the introduction of Rashford and Fellaini.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:47am On Aug 09, 2017
grin grin grin Bend the knee

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 10:58am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

Don't try to be brilliant by half oga! If you have ever kicked a ball in Ur life you will know every penalty is 50/50. Players way better than Morufat have been throwing away pens....no be today. Plus he wasn't the only one who lost penalty in my team that day so no biggie.

It is only a scummys scummite that will choose to shift post from misses in open play to penalty shootouts... Incase you think I am here to defend murafat you are greatly mistaken. I only want you to stop lying here braaah.

Penalty a 50-50 Chance? I have heard it all
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2017
BlueAngel444:
More good news this morning, coutinho is leaving to barca. Ox is on 'his way' to Chelsea.
Morata to start on Saturday

Still waiting for VVD and drinkwater, heard Chelsea to bid £40m for rose
hehe, see the whey Chelsea dhey buy players, I hope say selection no go give us wahala?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2017
CapitalCee:

Penalty a 50-50 Chance? I have heard it all

You know it wasn't necessary for you to quote me right? If you have a different opinion why not state it?

Saying you have heard it all is suppose to make you sound or look more knowledgeable but you and I know you are not in anyway.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

You know it wasn't necessary for you to quote me right? If you have a different opinion why not state it?

Saying you have heard it all is suppose to make you sound or look more knowledgeable but you and I know you are not in anyway.

oga penalty is 50 50 for both teams involved in the shootout, not taker and keeper.

Don't get it twisted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:23am On Aug 09, 2017
PietroRico:
oga penalty is 50 50 for both teams involved in the shootout, not taker and keeper.

Don't get it twisted

So according to you, what %chance will you give to a player to score a penalty or not score one?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 11:23am On Aug 09, 2017
airmark:

I call a spade its name. Whenever morata starts to play as a great striker that we bought, be assured to see my comments. Don't see my views as hating on him bro. Even i saw more hunger in demba ba than in alvaro. Let's hope conte will turn water to wine.
...and don't u think some faithful fans will label u as a libel?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

So according to you, what %chance will you give to a player to score a penalty or not score one?

I like d point u made, if someone said its not 50/50
Let them use their savings to play nairabet on penalty, who nor like make money?

Except dey believe otherwise
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

According Jordet et al in the Journal of Sports Science grin the success rate of penalties in the World Cup is 71.2 %, Copa America and Euros is above 82 % and even the 5th penalty which has the lowest success rate is above 64 %.
Penalty is not 50-50, more like 80-20 and there is no attacking action easier to implement in football than a penalty kick apart from maybe an empty net tap in.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

all I can say it definitely not 50 50. the odds favour the taker, and by a great deal. 90 10 doesn't sound ridiculous.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2017
spartacus11:

I like d point u made, if someone said its not 50/50
Let them use their savings to play nairabet on penalty, who nor like make money?

Except dey believe otherwise

simpleton.

What do you think will be the odds bookies will be willing to place on individual penalty takers in a shootout.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

There is no opinion here to give Mr. Saying that scoring a penalty is a 50-50 chance is like saying Addiss Ababa is the capital of Nigeria. It's easier to score from the penalty spot than any means. You know you are just deluding yourself. Even if all all 5 Chelsea players missed their penalties on Sunday it still doesn't Negate the fact that the probability to miss a penalty is about 1/10.

When you place 10 balls in a bag. 9 balls are white, 1 of the balls is red, if you randomly pick 1 ball from the bag. The probability that you will pick a red ball is 9/10 that of white is 1/10. what it means is that there is a very high chance that a ball picked at random from the bag will be red, with a slim chance of the picked ball being white. But that doesn't mean that it's not possible for you to pick a white ball, or even still pick a white ball again if you repeat the exercise or even for a third time.

When a couple with blood genotype AS and AS marry, this is the possible outcome of the genotype of their next offspring, according to Mendelian law of independent assortment: AS, AS,AA, and SS. The chance to produce a carrier(As) is 50% while those of sicklers and normal genotype is 25% apiece. So giving birrh to a sickler is less likely than producing a carrier and normal offspring, which is 75:25. But haven't you seen where a couple with such genotype in my example produced 3 sickling offsprings of of 4 children? And even in a classical case the 4th may even be an AA which also has a 25% chance to occur, while that which has the highest chance from the trio of outcomes AS may not even happen even if you try procreating 10 times.

I saw where you gave examples with Chelsea players scoring just one of their penalties or Portugal missing all their kicks against Chile. But you forgot that Arsenal and Chile in you scenario had a 100% success rates. Statistics has shown that penalties has far been scored more often than missed. So saying that scoring a penalty is a 50-50 chance is a ridiculous claim, except if you just want to exergerate

(1) (2) (3) ... (3285) (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) ... (19411) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibukzy, efec(m), Roland17(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.