Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,016 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10634934 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) ... (19285) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
spartacus11:

Maybe we should be sharing our price money with the Ref association anytime we win d league, it seems we are not paying our bills
We should Pay our dues to those f**lish refs with evil agenda giving unnecessary free kicks to the opposition, failing to award necessary cards
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by maidaboi(m): 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sell moses
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chelseafan1:

We won the match, maybe you didn't even jubilate sef, na Bakayoko u dey take eyee follow all over the pitch

It is normal for you to study all your players closely, especially the new ones. If your eye had followed him closely when he was at Monaco, you would not have been making foolish statements like telling us he is better than Matic. It's not about Matic sef, there were many midfielders we were hoping on like Tolisso and Paredes but instead we went and bought the biggest donkey in France. Bakayoko will not keep his place as first choice central midfielder long.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
maidaboi:
Sell moses
Not yet, but Willian should go
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ibime:

Bakayoko will not keep his place as first choice central midfielder long.

We would see about that.
In the mean time, if u like go sacrifice ur dick for okija shrine, Bakayoko is here to stay, deal with it and stop disturbing us with your foolish, senseless rants.

Matic is gone, you can go join Man utd to support him, leave Bakayoko for us.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
This grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Akposb(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
GloryIsaac:
So no party today sad
Conte's army is still marching on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
Greatihex:
fa cup final
I see. I missed part of fa cup final though.
I think he dedicates more time to freekicks from that spot than anything else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chelseafan1:

We would see about that.
In the mean time, if u like go sacrifice ur dick for okija shrine, Bakayoko is here to stay, deal with it and stop disturbing us with your foolish, senseless rants.

I go dey disturb Bakayoko every match like I did with Ramires. Get used to it, but if it gives you HBP, feel free to ignore. How can Courtois make more passes than my central midfielder, and I will keep kwayet. You never see anything. angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chelseafan1:

We would see about that.

I love this kind of mail... Direct to the owner.

No time running around like headless chicken

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Christensen was average today but I wouldn't judge him on the basis of this match considering the opponent but it should be noted that he needs to do better to gain better time.

On a general note, kudos to the team. We played and defended gallantly today.
I'm of the opinion that we give batshuayi more starting berths. This is to boost his confidence, it took some serious pummelling today and only better game time would boost it.

FUCK_ COSTA!! no one is greater than the club. Absolutely no one!! Conte has proven to be the way forward for the club. The board needs to back him relentlessly.

#KTBFFH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Win, complain!
Lose, argue!
Draw, Wail!
Win League, Cry!

Nawa. U guys are never happy on this thread undecided

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
A thrilling and morale boosting game today. Stand out performers for me in the order
Alonso
Luiz
Kante. Honorable mentions - Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Morata, Pedro, Bakayoko,Courtois.

Flops-Bathsuayi, Willian.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Should we now throw him to the bin after his first match for us? Just because u think he isnt good, I don't even understand what you want sef.

We won the match, maybe you didn't even jubilate sef, na Bakayoko u dey take eye follow all over the pitch so that u can come on nairaland and tell us that you said so. I don't know what you want really.

He is here to stay, shout from now till December, Matic is gone and no one is replacing Baka anytime soon.

Better get used to it.

Bros....calm down. It is time for we matic fans to gloat and say I told you so mbok! cheesy

Anyways...ibime may seem harsh with is criticism of babayoko but he didn't just start criticizing him today. He actually said all these things before we bought him. as a matter of fact he didn't want him to start with. same way u guys were on matic case last season even when we win. It shouldn't be taken personal.

I for one I am not comfy with him however I am willing to wait a little longer before I make up my mind about it.

I am sure you were here when we just got rudiger and after a match of his I saw I was on is case till preseason started and since then i have held me peace. I even admitted I may have been quick in judging him here today.

So let ibime be...if babayoko performs well in the future I am sure he will come around if not then it will be I told you so season and you guys will have to deal with it. Shikena cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
airmark:

Bend the knees for what? He did well in an ultra-defensive side, with luiz doing well to shield the back three. Hate how he stupidly collected that yellow card. I will like to see him against mesmerizing attackers like his friend, perisic before i can say eureka.

This is the thing with arguments on Nairaland. Mates simply argue without assessing the other party's stance.

Last month when you were busy uploading GIFs just to shame Rudiger, here was the reply I had for you:

Griffon:
How some of you manages to drag a whole lot of gibberish to this board scares me at times.

So one GIF now defines a player's overall play? Like one particular action analyses a player's strengths and weaknesses? Mehn this is beer parlor punditry at its best.

I have seen RVP waltz past JT with relative ease, leaving our then captain for dead in an EPL game. I have also seen Ayew reduce JT to a belly dancer in an EPL game. If your beer parlor punditry is anything to go by, JT is simply a useless defender who defends stupidly innit?

Over the years, I have seen many decent defs who were unfortunate to fall for a player's guile and artistry. It had never been anything new and will never be anything new. Some of those moments includes; Senderos vs Drogba, Ferdinard vs Aiyegbeni, Ashley Cole vs C Ronaldo, Every Defender vs Ronaldinho, Puyol vs Di Maria, Boateng vs Messi, Luiz vs Suarez, Ivanovic vs Montero, Smalling vs Kante, Koscielny vs Hazard, Batra vs Bale and many more and more.

So why is Rudiger getting the sticks for his? You all would be making sense if getting mopped on the turf is actually a thing Rudiger is known for but unfortunately it isn't.

The nigga's weaknesses from what i've seen are delivering decent crosses and committing fouls. It's nothing near falling like a bag of cement when approached with the ball. His performances at the just concluded Confederations Cup speaks volume of the player he is.

Say NO to beer parlor punditry and analyse a player's strengths and weaknesses with more than one blip.

Moreover, Conte's backline is always that water-tight with enough protection guaranteed from the short devil in midfield, so why create a debate that doesn't even exist?

Despite being my nigga, I still have my fears about Rudiger and it's the one fact that he is injury prone. That is an angle y'all should be concerned about.

The emboldened was asserted on July 11, you just woke up to that fact on August 20th.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chelseafan1:

We would see about that.

ayemi temi baami
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Afam4eva(m): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
I was praying for chelsea to lose but not all prayers get answered.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
dumininu01:
Buh would love to c dembele play for Chelsea.. . Dah guy is a beast grin
As in ehn grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
Bakayoko did alright today considering he has had no preseason and just came out of surgery to play In a formation neither himself nor the club has played before.

Bakayoko was tasked with playing right wing today.

I think he did ok.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Whoscored are actually saying Bakayoko did better than both Alli and Eriksen - and Eriksen assisted that own goal.

It wasn't a blockbuster debut, and it was a tough opponent. It was a good solid debut though, and sometimes that's all you need.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
donjazet:
Christensen was average today but I wouldn't judge him on the basis of this match considering the opponent but it should be noted that he needs to do better to gain better time.

On a general note, kudos to the team. We played and defended gallantly today.
I'm of the opinion that we give batshuayi more starting berths. This is to boost his confidence, it took some serious pummelling today and only better game time would boost it.

FUCK_ COSTA!! no one is greater than the club. Absolutely no one!! Conte has proven to be the way forward for the club. The board needs to back him relentlessly.

#KTBFFH

Christensen was average today?? Sometimes I wonder if you people watched a different game.

Just so you know, Cahill has already sealed a spot on the bench.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lana1:
Win, complain!
Lose, argue!
Draw, Wail!
Win League, Cry!

Nawa. U guys are never happy on this thread undecided
says Pot
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Havilah93:

Christensen was average today?? Sometimes I wonder if you people watched a different game.

Just so you know, Cahill has already sealed a spot on the bench

I hope so.

We should only see Cahill in community shield games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Rudiger and Christensen are already making me see them as long term replacements for luiz and cahill.. Alonso in 2-3 years can become a player of Marcelo level.. We need a decent back up in the LWB and we don't need to waste money for that spot...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ibime:

Clearly you are not used to looking at midfield stats. All midfielders average 80+% and make about 50 passes a game.

A midfielder just made 10 passes in 90 minutes and you are telling me you will only worry when it hits 6? grin grin

man apart from those passes, he put up some decent passes and interception in his game today..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:

This is the thing with arguments on Nairaland. Mates simply argue without assessing the other party's stance.

Last month when you were busy uploading GIFs just to shame Rudiger, here was the reply I had for you:

The emboldened was asserted on July 11, you just woke up to that fact on August 20th.

Conte never used david luiz, kante and bakayoko type of players in the midfield in any of our past matches. I don't know how your july 11 post butressed the fact that we paraded 7 solid players who are good defensively, on the pitch today.

Look, i am not taking anything away from his performance, using this match to bring out fireworks, is a no for me. Dont let us drag this far, cos if we start analysing now, some will think i am dragging his performance into the mud. Christensen did better than him defensively, in my eyes.

Just as diggz said, i will let it slide.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nihilist:
Whoscored are actually saying Bakayoko did better than both Alli and Eriksen - and Eriksen assisted that own goal.

It wasn't a blockbuster debut, and it was a tough opponent. It was a good solid debut though, and sometimes that's all you need.
Chelsea defended in numbers so it's easy to make comments like this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Skimpledawg:

That Niqqa na agric fowl o. Wished I can get that gif where he was jogging close to a Tottham defender instead of putting pressure on him..

Na fvck mehn undecided
I saw that too, at first I was screaming at him to engage but later on i think it was a tactic to place himself for counters
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
eph12:

Chelsea defended in numbers so it's easy to make comments like this.

Don't understand what you mean...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nihilist:
Bakayoko did alright today considering he has had no preseason and just came out of surgery to play In a formation neither himself nor the club has played before.

Bakayoko was tasked with playing right wing today.

I think he did ok.

We played diamond midfield. Kante and Baka played RCM and LCM. Kante made 3 times more successful passes than Baka, playing the same position. I told you guys months ago that Baka passing is so poor, he will make Kante look like Fabregas. First evidence tendered. My man could not even outpass Courtois.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Teams facts

Spurs’ 19-game home Premier League unbeaten run has come to an end, with Chelsea the first side to beat Spurs away from home since Southampton in May 2016.

Tottenham have lost seven of their last
nine matches at Wembley (W1 D1) and lost
each of their last four games against
Chelsea there.

Harry Kane had eight shots, his most in a
Premier League game without finding the
net.
Kane has now had 34 shots and played 12
games in the month of August without
scoring in the Premier League.

Marcos Alonso has scored two direct free-
kicks in the Premier League since the start
of last season, with only Philippe Coutinho
(3) scoring more.

Since the start of last season, no Chelsea
player has scored more Premier League
braces than Alonso (2, level with Diego
Costa and Eden Hazard).

Pedro has assisted a goal in three of his last
four Premier League substitute
appearances.

Michy Batshuayi was the first substitute to
score an own-goal for Chelsea in the
Premier League since Michael Duberry
against Leicester City in April 1999.

The last four goals Spurs have conceded
from outside the box in all competitions
have all been scored by Chelsea.

Chelsea have never lost when they’ve been
leading at half-time under Antonio Conte in
the Premier League (W20 D2).
18:37

(1) (2) (3) ... (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) ... (19285) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.