Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,507 members, 7,865,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10753515 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (19432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mikel injured and set to miss 2moro's game.Hw true?Meanwhile ramirez is on a ban and would also not play,same with essien who was omitted 4rm chels's ucl squad.Its very likely lampard would start but alongside who;van ginkel,luiz or even debrunye?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Emmadani: Mikel injured and set to miss 2moro's game.Hw true?Meanwhile ramirez is on a ban and would also not play,same with essien who was omitted 4rm chels's ucl squad.Its very likely lampard would start but alongside who;van ginkel,luiz or even debrunye?

Let's see what Van Ginkel has to offer, although am not convinced by his half-turn when receiving the ball from the defence
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
team di-matteo

By the time we have lost 5 or 6 games the fans will be wishing the stupid special one never returned u will see. We needed a new strike force not a new manager. The only player who shone for us ( mata) he hates we are going to have a really bad season you guys should watch !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
Essien not registered, Mikel injured, Ramires suspended... We'll be short of CDM s tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mourinho: "Let's enjoy tomorrow, I could choose a team with a lot of experience but I've chosen one with four players under 22."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Jose Mourinho confirms both Frank Lampard and Oscar will start tomorrow's game. There are no injury worries, everybody's fit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
190:

sharrap and get out of here angry

You dont belong here....Here isnt the ROMANCE SECTION cheesy

OYAAAAAA..........JUST GO BACK THROUGH THE SAME WAY U CAME HERE

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:48am On Sep 18, 2013
coogar: is ramires that bad?
i really think he's one of chelsea's best players each time i have seen him play.

it seems nateevs/ibime are high on crack!

Let those who wear the shoe tell you where it pinches. Every other man's wife looks attractive until you marry her and live with her.

Any possession Ramires receives is when the opposition vacate the midfield. If opposition is in midfield he starts hiding. He is certainly not one to show for the ball with players around him. How can someone who gets benched for David Luiz be considered a good midfielder?

debosky:

What composure? Go look at the goal again - Mikel was casually walking back to the box while Everton was attacking. It was probably Mikel's snail-like approach that made Luiz jump out to attempt a tackle.

What's new? Every year the same discussions. When will Chelsea realise their midfield is not fit for purpose? Those bozos better ready bid for Nemanja Matic + one other in January before I lose my composure. What kinda eediot rejected bid from Galatasaray for an old sloth who 32 year old P Square refer to as their "big brother"?

One cannot make a silk purse from a pig's ear. Every year the same phocking issues in midfield whilst myopic idealists keep chasing attacking midfielders up and down the globe. Possession footie starts with the no4 and he must also be energetic enough to track runners. Both Mikel and Ramires are severely deficient in one of these areas yet some red-cap wearing technical director is too myopic to see this, arguing severally with different managers over the last year about the existence of any problem, whilst Jose solution to the problem is to sit everyone behind the halfway line and plump for Ramires due to his preponderance for hardwork. Jose is already under pressure one month in due to Ramires brain farts and we all know how Jose throws his toys out the pram if he is not leading from the front. Nonsense!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 18, 2013
^^
I believe that Mikel's performances in the last AFCON and the Confederations Cup (as a CM/AM) sealed his place at Chelsea. I agree that, sometimes, he is found wanting defensively at both Chelsea and Nigeria. The key difference is that with the Super Eagles, Onazi is energetic enough to track opponent's runs into the last 3rd; at CFC there is not yet a typical DM work-horse that can do the job effectively.
I agree that a DM should be bought in January.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:18am On Sep 18, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
I believe that Mikel's performances in the last AFCON and the Confederations Cup (as a CM/AM) sealed his place at Chelsea. I agree that, sometimes, he is found wanting defensively at both Chelsea and Nigeria. The key difference is that with the Super Eagles, Onazi is energetic enough to track opponent's runs into the last 3rd; at CFC there is not yet a typical DM work-horse that can do the job effectively.

Onazi is MikeIs backbone in National team but Sunday Mba also does his work.

Mikel can't survive a 4-2-3-1 with Mata in front of him or the AMs we have.

He aint sealed no place in Chelsea jare. Wetin concern Chelsea with Super Eagles? Ask Victor Moses!

Add up Mikels total no of games for Chelsea since 2006. In the same time period add up Lampards goals + assists. Which one is higher? In other words, Mikel is too unproductive to play anywhere higher up for a club like Chelsea. I'd rather take chance on Van Ginkel or buy someone else. We are not sending him there to sell Akara. It's his lack of drive and clinical ruthlessness that got him drafted to DM in the first place!

Dude is P Squares mate. Anyone thinking of future for him is engaging in excercise of self-deception. All his mates like Taye Taiwo, Promise Isaac, Nsofor and Chinedu Obasi are getting ready to retire. Save those deceptions for oyibo people who know no better. Mikel has no true future prospect in a serious club like Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 18, 2013
Ibime:

Onazi is MikeIs backbone in National team but Sunday Mba also does his work.

Mikel can't survive a 4-2-3-1 with Mata in front of him or the AMs we have.

He aint sealed no place in Chelsea jare. Wetin concern Chelsea with Super Eagles? Ask Victor Moses!

Add up Mikels total no of games for Chelsea since 2006. In the same time period add up Lampards goals + assists. Which one is higher? In other words, Mikel is too unproductive to play anywhere higher up for a club like Chelsea. I'd rather take chance on Van Ginkel or buy someone else. We are not sending him there to sell Akara. It's his lack of drive and clinical ruthlessness that got him drafted to DM in the first place!

Dude is P Squares mate. Anyone thinking of future for him is engaging in excercise of self-deception. All his mates like Taye Taiwo, Promise Isaac, Nsofor and Chinedu Obasi are getting ready to retire. Save those deceptions for oyibo people who know no better. Mikel has no true future prospect in a serious club like Chelsea.

So much for him being '26 years old' grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 18, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
vry true,does that mean onazi might be a more beta player than ramirez?I can't doubt that,cos onazi is as energetic as ramirez,but the difference btw d two is that onazi can hold onto the ball very well and does this with much confidence,he also marks well,he has sum great passes as well,he attacks when needed,infact the guy is a beast,he is every where.Am not sayin ramirez can't mark well but he doesn't use his head,he marks like a child,no thinking atall,and as a dm,ramirez controls or first touches are always a disaster,even some of his passes are just not d best a midfielder is expected to give,what i call a cry for help pass.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Where are the otondos on this thread comparing Cashley Cole to David Alaba

The day Cashley is able to make this type of offensive contribution in his entire career is the day England would win the World cup.

Playing as a full back goes beyond blocking shots and giving last ditch tackles while being clueless in the opposition half

[img]http://static.dyp.im/8c5lHGkLUN/b473edbf7b1001684305e38d38f4082a.gif[/img]

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2013
I bet to disagree with your thoughts about Mikel....had it mean that he was let go either to Galatasaray or Napoli, you would have been seeing a replica of what he does in Eagles shirt. I am always surprise at the lack of patient by Chelsea fans, this is a manager we all crave for his return and the season still in its infancy; we have started yelling for a sack. Let's wait and see how things will get better soon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2013
For the 1000000th time. Mikel aint a DM. The earlier folks realize this the better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2013
Re Moses: Was he not with us all this time? Abeg jare. He scored against Swansea? ni igbayen nko?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2013
So Alaba scores against CSKA makes him a better player than Cole? hehehehehehehe grin

Its clear some people have bean cakes as opolo.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
FBS: So Alaba scores against CSKA makes him a better player than Cole? hehehehehehehe grin

Offensively Alaba is already better than Ashley Cole can ever be! Na the defensive side of his game remain
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
Since when did the offensive side of a No 3's ability become the yardstick for judging who is better? I can understand people's preference for attacking full-backs (I have a preference myself) but isn't that a separate issue altogether?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ibime:

Yeah. . . .and a 'serious club' like Chelski gave Mikel a 5 year deal when exactly? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
nateevs: Since when did the offensive side of a No 3's ability become the yardstick for judging who is better? I can understand people's preference for attacking full-backs (I have a preference myself) but isn't that a separate issue altogether?

If they ask you to mention the best Full backs you all would mention Cafu, Jordi Alba, Marcelo, Roberto Carlos, Alves, Lahm etc which of these just stays in his box making last ditch tackles

Not Only is Alaba better than Cole attacking Alaba also has a more developed football sense Something Cole can only dream of

Staying in the box and blocking shot isnt what the role of a full back is limited to
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
FBS: So Alaba scores against CSKA makes him a better player than Cole? hehehehehehehe grin

Before the game I have told everyone here that Alaba is way better than Cole would ever be and this goes to prove it more and more

The skill in Alabas left leg is more than whats in the entire Cole family.

In the offensive half Cole is as useful as Efe Sodje

Its obvious some people dont watch football with their eyes open. Wasnt that the same way some dodoyo was comparing Schweinsteiger to Joe Cole on this same Chelsea thread? Not like I expected anything sensible from an Up Shesii fan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
nateevs: Since when did the offensive side of a No 3's ability become the yardstick for judging who is better? I can understand people's preference for attacking full-backs (I have a preference myself) but isn't that a separate issue altogether?
Calm down oga Ade offense counts as well. Maicon and Dani Alves used to be widely regarded as the best full backs in the game! Those guys were hardly defensive mavericks. Fact is even the difference on defense you are hanging your hat on is marginal and at 21 Alaba is at least twice the player Ashley was at that age
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
Here is tonight's line-up:

Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Van Ginkel, Lampard (c); Hazard, Oscar, Willian; Eto'o

Subs: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, JT, Mikel, De Bruyne, Mata, Ba. #Cfc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
This doesnt look like a 4-2-3-1 to me, seems like we're setted up in a 4-1-4-1 formation with Ginkel holding the line.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
No urgency from Willian or Hazard. I want see De Bruyne abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
^^ Basel's deployed 'men behind ball' strategy and tight marking aint helping issues.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mata and De Bruyne please. Some boys are coasting here, they need injection of urgency and to move the ball quicker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
El Guapo: ^^ Basel's deployed 'men behind ball' strategy and tight marking aint helping issues.

That's when you fire in crosses from all angles to punish their sitting deep. Manure style of overloading their wide areas is what is needed, not aimless dancing that Willian and Hazard are doing in front of them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Van Ginkel touch is too loose for a sitting midfielder. Ball does not stick under his feet or close enough to his body
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Has eto'o completed any dribbles??

That guy is just dawdling

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (19432) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m), Bluelines69, cephasdultimate and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.