Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10626185 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (19271) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 06, 2014
Ibime: Someone should please summarise. I ain't clicking on all these pages.

Degea >> Courtious

Rojo >> Cahill

Blind >> Terry.

Rafeal >> Cueta and Ivanovic

Fellaini >> Matic

Herrera << Fabregas

DiMaria >> Hazard

Valencia >> Willian

Mata >> Oscar

Falcao >> Diego

Thats the Summary.. grin Bro I tire for here Yestenight.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2014
Rojo is shìt at centre back, he's an average left back, good going forward, but absolute shìt defending, as for blind, i remember him playing left wing back at the world cup, i won't lie, i did not know blind before the world cup, but man u fans saying he's a better dm than matic, or better centre back than terry or cahil(am sure zouma is even better than him) because of the wc are deluded, don't worry only time will tell how good he is

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2014
raumdeuter: I have read all the recent posts and have saved it for future reference

Na today I archive my own?

Jagielka and Koscielny are better than John Terry - Cattermole and Dembele are better than Matic.

Shrewd assertion from the rapster who hails from Ituku Ozala cheesy grin

It got to a point where nateevs adviced Coogar to stop using word play here, that this is the Sports Section grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2014
tobiboss: Rojo is shìt at centre back, he's an average left back, good going forward, but absolute shìt defending, as for blind, i remember him playing left wing back at the world cup, i won't lie, i did not know blind before the world cup, but man u fans saying he's a better dm than matic, or better centre back than terry or cahil(am sure zouma is even better than him) because of the wc are deluded, don't worry only time will tell how good he is

Dont U know how ManU fans think.??

Because James scored 6 goals in the WC and Madrid bought, he is better than Di Maria.. grin

A ManU fan said that oo..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2014
Lol, funny how the sudden capture of Falcao has given united fans wings.

Abi you guys don forget you are yet to win a game this season?

Have you guys forgotten that from September 16 you will be watching Europe's top competition without your team in it.

You recently got molested by mk dons (Mk freaking dons)

Are you aware that anything less than a win in your next match is a complete disaster.

Jesus which kain rubbish this transfer window don cause men. Where were you guys 2 weeks ago?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2014
Abeg how serious is Costa's hamy injury?

Na that one be my concern now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2014
AirborneLacer: Abeg how serious is Costa's hamy injury?

Na that one be my concern now.

Just a Strain..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2014
all of una come too late
maybe next time

...or visit the only thread on sport section cheesy
you know where it is ....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2014
Bimfo:

Just a Strain..

Bosque should simply rest the dude.

Since last year, the ninja has been busy on the pitch burying 'em balls in the onion bag.

He deserves some rest.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2014
I fear for the state of mind of Anyone who takes ALL those comparisons by sailor and coog too seriously.

Anybody who alludes that do be the opinion of all united fans is deluded and needs to work on his ability to detect humour.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2014
PietroRico: I fear for the state of mind of Anyone who takes ALL those comparisons by sailor and coog too seriously.

Anybody who alludes that do be the opinion of all united fans is deluded and needs to work on his ability to detect humour.

That one na your cup of tea.

I don archive am, Dayokanu don archive am. We're all witnesses to those monumental gaffes.

So go rest, it's Saturday, you should be ingesting some shekpe to feel better cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2014
AirborneLacer:

That one na your cup of tea.

I don archive am, Dayokanu don archive am. We're all witnesses to those monumental gaffes.

So go rest, it's Saturday, you should be ingesting some shekpe to feel better cheesy
lol. Okay.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Debroslink:

Makelele started what? It seems you don't know a certain guy called Redondo. The guy who modernised DM. The guy whom Makelele was his understudy.
Redondo is not even known as world DMF,he is not even in top 10 of all time. Makelele make everyone to be familiar with that position in the world of football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
AirborneLacer: Now you all really need to understand that this is the major reason why United's thread is always on fleet mode.

It's just bunch of soccer neophytes presenting inane views.

Just in one night, Coogar asserted that Blind, Koscielny, Jagielka et al are better than JT.

It could have gotten worse if Elampawa came along. That one would tell you that Cleverly shits on Fabregas.

Iranu here and there.
But Kos shits on all your CBs naa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
I expect your younger boys to be saying this. Not you. Chelsea conceded 20 goals before Matic joined Chelsea. After he joined, 7 goals.

Yet Matic was on the pitch when Everton threatened to scored 3/4 goals in how many minutes eh? Let's see how many goals y'all will concede this season and whether it will be considered BM (before Matic) or AM (after Matic) cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
hensben: Redondo is not even known as world DMF,he is not even in top 10 of all time. Makelele make everyone to be familiar with that position in the world of football.

Are you suggesting Makelele is the reason everyone is aware of DMF? Someone needs to show you tapes of games for the last 40 years. What position did the following play: Effenberg, Van der Elst, Mauro Silva, Wim Jansen, Billy Bremmer, Clodoaldo, Frank Rikgaard, Edgar Davids, Vieira, Ardiles?

And Redondo was a solid Anchor. Was Makelele not 3rd choice behind Deschamps and Vieira? Makelele was a disciplined Anchor no doubt but to put the emergence of that role to him is inaccurate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Katsumoto:

Are you suggesting Makelele is the reason everyone is aware of DMF? Someone needs to show you tapes of games for the last 40 years. What position did the following play: Effenberg, Van der Elst, Mauro Silva, Wim Jansen, Billy Bremmer, Clodoaldo, Frank Rikgaard, Edgar Davids, Vieira, Ardiles?

And Redondo was a solid Anchor. Was Makelele not 3rd choice behind Deschamps and Vieira? Makelele was a disciplined Anchor no doubt but to put the emergence of that role to him is inaccurate.
2006 world cup, zidane, viera and makelele was french midfield trio...viera was a box-to-box midfielder like yaya toure now, gilberto sylva was DMF for arsenal then.

read this;Claude Makelele (FRA)

The third Frenchman in a row on this list is the token unsung hero. For years, Claude Makelele was under-appreciated, so much so that Real Madrid let him go to Chelsea instead of increasing his wages.

It was at Chelsea that everyone saw what a quality player he was. In many ways he was the perfect defensive midfielder, simply winning the ball and making a short pass to keep possession. He was so successful in this position that it is now known as the "Makelele role".

During his career, Makelele won a Ligue 1 title, two La Liga titles, two Premier League titles, an FA Cup, a League Cup, and a Champions League. He made 71 appearances for France, including helping them to the 2006 World Cup final.
source:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/231097-greatest-ever-football-the-top-10-defensive-midfielders-of-all-time

the problem with you guys is that you argue football with sentiment, bro try to be neutral whn analyzing football, by doing that you will understand the game better.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
TheCarefreeOne: I really do not grasp how man u fans come here and say de gea is better than courtios when he won't make our bench and boast about a typical jack of all trades master of none player like rojo who struggled to get a work permit and a defence that made afobe look world class and deceive themselves that they still have midfield capable of winning the league I'm pretty much speechless
Benik is actually a World Class Player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
debosky:

Yet Matic was on the pitch when Everton threatened to scored 3/4 goals in how many minutes eh? Let's see how many goals y'all will concede this season and whether it will be considered BM (before Matic) or AM (after Matic) cheesy cheesy

I don't remember inviting the perenial losers to the debate. Guapo who let the dogs out?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
chai, i bin read everything from page 562..... cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
hensben: 2006 world cup, zidane, viera and makelele was french midfield trio...viera was a box-to-box midfielder like yaya toure now, gilberto sylva was DMF for arsenal then.

read this;Claude Makelele (FRA)

The third Frenchman in a row on this list is the token unsung hero. For years, Claude Makelele was under-appreciated, so much so that Real Madrid let him go to Chelsea instead of increasing his wages.

It was at Chelsea that everyone saw what a quality player he was. In many ways he was the perfect defensive midfielder, simply winning the ball and making a short pass to keep possession. He was so successful in this position that it is now known as the "Makelele role".

During his career, Makelele won a Ligue 1 title, two La Liga titles, two Premier League titles, an FA Cup, a League Cup, and a Champions League. He made 71 appearances for France, including helping them to the 2006 World Cup final.
source:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/231097-greatest-ever-football-the-top-10-defensive-midfielders-of-all-time

the problem with you guys is that you argue football with sentiment, bro try to be neutral whn analyzing football, by doing that you will understand the game better.

So a report written by another is the basis for your position? Makelele role my left bum cheek. There were solid anchor men b4 Makelele and there have been solid ones after him. Makelele is not even the best anchor ever.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
Katsumoto:

So a report written by another is the basis for your position? Makelele role my left bum cheek. There were solid anchor men b4 Makelele and there have been solid ones after him. Makelele is not even the best anchor ever.
yes he was not the first DMF but before him that role was known as rugged, dirty and aggressive role on the pitch, makelele make it enjoyable to viewers till date,he evolve DMF, thats why they name it his role. if i am lying browse about it on any site you know...my advice; Be a football fan before been a club fan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
nateevs:

I don't remember inviting the perenial losers to the debate. Guapo who let the dogs out?

Not me - certainly not me cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
hensben: yes he was not the first DMF but before him that role was known as rugged, dirty and aggressive role on the pitch, makelele make it enjoyable to viewers till date,he evolve DMF, thats why they name it his role. if i am lying browse about it on any site you know...my advice; Be a football fan before been a club fan.

Mate, Lele was a decent DM but definitely not the best in that position.

Before Lele made it to the turf, great men like Deschamps, Redondo, Dunga, Albertini, Rijkaard, Souness, Tardelli etc have been showing the world how the No4 role functions.

I've seen clips of these lot and dang they were out of this world.

I'd rather say, Lele held down that position in the 2000s. That's also arguable, considering that Keane, Viera, Gattuso, Senna and Cambiasso were all on top of their games within those years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
nateevs:

Hehehe. . . .when your misyarning is caught out you now try to deflect eh? Show me what you won last season or keep schtum. tongue

Y'all be talking about Matic like he's the second coming yet waste men like Naismith was running rings around him like he's Messi.

Matic is so good yet repeatedly we see JM bringing on the 'useless' Mikel to help solidify things when Matic starts getting battered eh?

Not to worry, we'll come back to this soon enough.

Good to know Guapo is still working hard as a maiguard/dog keeper though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Before Lele made it to the turf, great men like Deschamps, Redondo, Dunga, Albertini, Rijkaard, Souness, Tardelli etc have been showing the world how the No4 role functions.

I'd rather say, Lele held down that position in the 2000s. That's also arguable, considering that Keane, Viera, Gattuso, Senna and Cambiasso were all on top of their games within those years.
oga makelele evolve DMF, get that into your brain, do you know how many Y/R cards gattuso,keane conceded when they were playing, they play dirty but makelele make it a role to watch with his intelligent marking and passing skills, makelele make DMF more technical rather than 'break attackers leg', 'match them' and viera was box to box midfielder just like yaya toure now, gibelto sylva was arsenal DMF then.

ps: bleacherreport site is a big sport site if you dont know.... DMF is call The makelele role everywhere...no coach will will advice his player to play like roy keane or gattuso on that role cos they were dirty players, hated by opponent and oppenent fans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Take Deschamps and Dunga off your list. They were not footballers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
Katsumoto:

he had that role named after him cos he was brilliant at it & he was slightly different from his predecessors that used to anchor. makelele was a sitting midfielder - he never ceded position. his role is to sit in that space between the opponents midfield & attack lines and snuff out any threats between those lines.

with keane, vieira & co - they were box to box. they could attack at will when the game dictates & they could defend at will as well and that made them often vulnerable when they get caught out - thus the red cards & caution from the referee.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bimfo:

Makalele started it and Executed it perfectly.. He is a Playmaker and also a DM.. Something some of you will call a Deep playing Play Maker..

Redondo ko, Rolando ni??

Lol... It's obvious u started watching football in 2005. Makelele a playmaker? Go and read your books. G.C.E has started. Redondo modernised DM in world football. If u doubt it, go and watch Man utd vs Madrid @ old Trafford in 2000. He showed Roy Keane who the boss was in DM role, while, Makelele was his understudy; just like Mikel understudied Makelele. If you don't know Fernando Redondo, don't ever quote me again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Debroslink:

Lol... It's obvious u started watching football in 2005. Makelele a playmaker? Go and read your books. G.C.E has started. Redondo modernised DM in world football. If u doubt it, go and watch Man utd vs Madrid @ old Trafford in 2000. He showed Roy Keane who the boss was in DM role, while, Makelele was his understudy; just like Mikel understudied Makelele. If you don't know Fernando Redondo, don't ever quote me again.

Bro, if its about insults, You cant stand the heat..
And who the Fück are you that I cant quote U..

And about ur Redondo, I dont want to know him, but I will always say it, No 1 played the DM role better than Makelele.. He played the DM role neatly and exceptional, even the great Zidane testefied to it.. So what are U saying??

And Who said Makalele is not a deep-lying play maker?? Mtchewww.. U even got me pissed now..

In March 2006, Fulham defeated Chelsea 1–0
in a Premiership game in which Fulham
manager Chris Coleman's tactics centered on
bypassing Makélelé on the wings when Fulham
had possession and putting midfielders on
Makélelé when Chelsea were in possession.
With Makélelé struggling to function effectively,
Chelsea lost the game. Coleman later
explained that Makélelé was more than a mere
defensive midfielder, but was actually
Chelsea's deep-lying playmaker, and Chelsea's
attacks were channeled through him.
Thus,
denying him possession was instrumental in
unravelling Chelsea.

Culled from Wikipedea

If u throw any stūpid insult at me again, I will wash U clean.. Trust me..

In short, Dont quote me again!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
coogar:

he had that role named after him cos he was brilliant at it & he was slightly different from his predecessors that used to anchor. makelele was a sitting midfielder - he never ceded position. his role is to sit in that space between the opponents midfield & .

Wasn't the term the "Makalele Role" coined by the english press?

Ibime:
Take Deschamps and Dunga off your list. They were not footballers.
Dunga in his latter years actually became an extremely good passer of the ball.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (19271) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: stephennel(m), andrewbaba44, Obere4u, swiz123(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.