Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10635410 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) (6195) (6196) (6197) ... (19285) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
raumdeuter:

The most important thing is to use your brain if you have one.

I will always expose you, lemme ask lordfalcao to witness it too.

I must use my brain and not follow squawka, right? Below is a blast from the past from your useless self, mocking anyone questioning squawka. grin

raumdeuter:

Abeg someone should come and carry this guy away from here.
Imagine someone says squawka is a phony link. You keep disgracing the club you support and these are the people who support the claim that Chelsea fans are largely ignorant

A40 come and carry your apari mentor. I don't want blood on my hands. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
airmark:
I will always expose you, lemme ask lordfalcao to witness it too.

I must use my brain and not follow squawka, right? Below is a blast from the past from your useless self, mocking anyone questioning squawka. grin
A40 come and carry your apari mentor. I don't want blood on my hands. grin

I am asking you if you have any brains to use it and tell us if Suarez was a poacher at any time in his career

Only a rankk idiiot will say Suarez was a fox in the box

"A deadly striker, a player who scores most goals in the box, not particularly skillful but scores a lot of goals."

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
raumdeuter:

A fox in the box is usuallt used to describe target men who operate mainly in the box like Inzaghi, Nistelrooy. Strikers whose job is to poach

No one can watch Suarez for 90mins and think he fits into that bill, Since Suarez roams around a lot and is comfortable anywhere in attack

Suarez is not a fox in the box. That is what airmark does not know, he heard the term and he thought oh, what a fancy term let me just throw it out there.

That is the disadvantage of half education
Nobody's job is it to poach, players are only labeled poachers when they are constantly in and around the 'D' burying chances as they come...Suarez can be labeled a fox in the box because away from his creative side of the game, he is one of the most dangerous in the box.
You guys are looking at Inzaghi and the likes and thinking every strikers who is a fox in the box must always be in the box and most not be very good with the ball (dribbling and passing) but you're not entirely correct...Nistelrooy for instance was a fox in the box but he was always a very good player away from the box, his dribbling was good, he could pass and shoot from outside the box.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2018
If Suarez is a fox in the box then we can also call Mbappe, Griezmann foxes in the box. Lmaooo

Even the sentence is self explanatory but una go dey somersault like Aghahowa on top simple matter

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
we play bournemoth at home. nice grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2018
Christiano Ronaldo is a fox in the box...Argue all you want. Unlimited22 clearly explained it in one of his post.
For you guys, a fox in the box striker must be a natural poacher and nothing more but for a fact, it's not true.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2018
How will you say Mbappe is a fox in the box? How many goals has he? How sharp is he in the box? Na wah oh!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2018
raumdeuter
We have a new US politics thread cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2018
Messi nko? Himself no be fox in the box? Since everybody is now fox in the box to you people

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
patrickmuf:
How will you say Mbappe is a fox in the box? How many goals has he? How sharp is he in the box? Na wah oh!!!
Are you seriously asking how many goals Mbappe has? Griezmann nko?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 12:00am On Nov 01, 2018
A40:
Are you seriously asking how many goals Mbappe has? Griezmann nko?
Is Ronaldo a fox in the box?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:03am On Nov 01, 2018
No point arguing with people that can't tell the difference between strikers like
Chicharito
Gomez
Solksjaer
Sheringham
Fowler
Klose
Van Horseface
Inzaghi
Crespo
Fowler
Mboma

And strikers like
Eto'o
Henry
Suarez
Ronaldo
Griezmann
Benzema

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:04am On Nov 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Is Ronaldo a fox in the box?
Yes. He is even a snake in the monkey shadow.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 12:06am On Nov 01, 2018
A40:
Messi nko? Himself no be fox in the box? Since everybody is now fox in the box to you people
Messi isn't very Mucha fox in the box, he builds most of the attacks with scintillating dribbling and in some cases, defense splitting passes before arriving at the box to bury the chances in mostly signature moves. At first, it was a one-two with Alves, now it's a cut back from Alba.

Ronaldo, Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Suarez etc are predators that feed on half chances and can score with just about any part of their bodies, head, right or left foot, chest, knees etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 12:06am On Nov 01, 2018
A40:
Yes. He is even a snake in the monkey shadow.
Whatever makes you happy.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 12:08am On Nov 01, 2018
No point debating with people that think since all enzymes are proteins, all proteins must be enzymes...

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:11am On Nov 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Messi isn't very Mucha fox in the box, he builds most of the attacks with scintillating dribbling and in some cases, defense splitting passes before arriving at the box to bury the chances in mostly signature moves. At first, it was a one-two with Alves, now it's a cut back from Alba.

Ronaldo, Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Suarez etc are predators that feed on half chances and can score with just about any part of their bodies, head, right or left foot, chest, knees etc.
E say Predator. Predator ko Commando ni. You watch Suarez play for Uruguay and Barca setting up Cavani and his other teammates Sturridge at Liverpool as well and you still call him a fox in the box?

Suarez and Ronaldo are versatile players who don't rely on service to score. They can score and create. Inzaghi, Nistelrooy, Solksjaer, Fowler, Crespo all needed service.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 12:15am On Nov 01, 2018
A40:
E say Predator. Predator ko Commando ni. You watch Suarez play for Uruguay and Barca setting up Cavani and his other teammates Sturridge at Liverpool as well and you still call him a fox in the box?

Suarez and Ronaldo are versatile players who don't rely on service to score. They can score and create. Inzaghi, Nistelrooy, Solksjaer, Fowler, Crespo all needed service.
See where you are getting it wrong, that a strikers is a fox in the box doesn't mean that he is entirely useless outside the box or depends on others to score. Inzaghi is no the standard, he is only a part of a bigger picture.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:16am On Nov 01, 2018
Suarez that routinely racks up double figures in assists every season na him una dey call 'fox in the box'

Erin keke l'agbole Baba Suwe

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
See where you are getting it wrong, that a strikers is a fox in the box doesn't mean that he is entirely useless outside the box or depends on others to score. Inzaghi is no the standard, he is only a part of a bigger picture.
You are the one getting it wrong because you simply don't understand the basic terminology and what brought about the name to begin with

That is exactly what it entails. So calling a Ronaldo and Suarez foxes in the box tells me you just don't know

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 12:32am On Nov 01, 2018
chic2pimp:

HanksAnuku.
Na lie grin grin. I had always thought Nihilist was more of a Saint Obi kind of guy.

I remember Hanks those years for Nollywood though. The original bad boy. He was always either playing a ruthless hitman, a daredevil armed robber or a thug. He was so heavily stereotyped that the moment you see him in a movie, you know what was coming.

Those days of home videos sha. Memories.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:39am On Nov 01, 2018
pkasso:
Na lie grin grin. I had always thought Nihilist was more of a Saint Obi kind of guy.

I remember Hanks those years for Nollywood though. The original bad boy. He was always either playing a ruthless hitman, a daredevil armed robber or a thug. He was so heavily stereotyped that the moment you see him in a movie, you know what was coming.

Baba said his FPL team is called Saint Obi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 1:09am On Nov 01, 2018
A40:
You are the one getting it wrong because you simply don't understand the basic terminology and what brought about the name to begin with

That is exactly what it entails. So calling a Ronaldo and Suarez foxes in the box tells me you just don't know
Okay.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:50am On Nov 01, 2018
Rudd Van Nisterooy
RuuDie:

Two words. Filippo Inzaghi!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:57am On Nov 01, 2018
patrickmuf:

Below is the definition of a fox in the box. Tell me after watching Suarez if he fits into the part in bold

A deadly striker, a player who scores most goals in the box, not particularly skillful but scores a lot of goals. .
Example: (Headline) Rasmussen: I’m a fox in the box. Morten Rasmussen has told Celtic fans the Parkhead club have signed an old-fashioned penalty box striker.

http://languagecaster.com/football-glossary-fox-in-the-box/

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:16am On Nov 01, 2018
It all Depends on how you interpret the phrase after all it not an Idiom but from my own experience it refers to Poachers.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:33am On Nov 01, 2018
Ronaldo is a fox in the box.. If you watched him in real Madrid from the moment he turned 30, you'll realize he changed his game alot. And even at Manchester he was already working towards being one.

Football has evolved beyond just attackers waiting to score goals.. Now they also involve in build-up plays but that still doesn't mean the poachers ain't poachers. THEY JUST DO MORE NOW. cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2018
pkasso:

Saint Obi was the closest thing we had to a James Bond stereo type - suave, smooth talking and dangerous.

Hanks wasn't the original bad boy.

Classic nollywood aficionados will point to Segun Arinze during his legendary run in the 90s - with his role as Black Arrow in silent night probably his magnum opus.

Francis Duru as Ahanna to me was the baddest of all bad boys to ever grace the silver screen in Nigeria sha.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:52am On Nov 01, 2018
After all the back and forth argument, I think we can all find some common ground and agree that the below is a "fox in the box."

25 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2018
Ibime:
After all the back and forth argument, I think we can all find some common ground and agree that the below is a "fox in the box."

Well...

I think this is a fox in the box...in a box

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 01, 2018
raumdeuter:

The most important thing is to use your brain if you have one.
but i remember you claiming that transfrmarket knows better than FIFA.com when you people were arguing Neymar's assists in the WC. Now Squawka doesn't favour you and they are automatically stupid, when they do, they are the fountain of knowledge. DOUBLE STANDARDS

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 8:53am On Nov 01, 2018
Ibime:
eod cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) (6195) (6196) (6197) ... (19285) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: teey0007, BlueAngel444 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.