Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10451418 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7308) (7309) (7310) (7311) (7312) (7313) (7314) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:29pm On May 24, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Russians fraud everything. There's even rumours that the put in you seen on tv is a clone.

There's no sports competition that Russia has participated in without cheating. If you use those guys as the basis of your argument, then no sport is stringent enough.

Generally speaking, football testing, particularly in top European competitions is very stringent.

City don't need to cheat. There's no injection in existence that will give you ability to do 2 million legovers, or finish a one on one chance.

Best PED will do for you is boost your speed, strength, stamina and recovery times. Look how big that city squad is - and look how they were rotating this season.

And with all the doping of Russia they dont win CL nor world cups they dont even make semis

There is a limit to what drugs can do in football. Its basically intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:34pm On May 24, 2019
Eruditor:

No Guardiola was acquitted 4 years after and finally cleared 7 years after when he was a manager. He protested that doping issue even when other players who tested with the same steroid accepted their bans without complaint. Serie A eventually acquitted him because that steroid was a constituent of a popular energy drink (just like Gatorade or Monster) so it could not possibly be doping.

I am not into the conspiracies about what transpired between him and the medical staff at Bayern. It was however very clear that something went wrong (their energy level dropped) when they lost 3-1 and how they responded in the 2nd leg (6-1) after the resignation.

He was acquitted based on technicalities and not because there was no proof or evidence of doping because there was concrete evidence. Results showed he had 6 times the normal limits of the steroid "Nandrolone" in his system. Secondly, Nandrolone is not a supplement found in regular energy drinks because it is classified as a controlled substance that requires a prescription and it is administered through injections.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

Bayern doctor Wolfhart Muller has some controversial methods of treatment. At the time Bayern played Porto all our players were dropping injured every game. The Doctor claimed Guardiola wanted injured players to return to training quicker than the Doctor wanted

On the subject of doping, I think football as a sport, because of the way it is, It is a physical as much as a thinking sport. And will have reduced influence even when you dope

This is not an individual sport, you depend on 10 other teammates and most of what you do to execute on the field is cerebral
did you ever play pro or amateur football?.cos if you did you would know the difference between being on the pitch for 10mins and 90mins respectively.
when energy levels are depleted,you cerebral thinking suffers immensely,a team whose players have enough energy to outrun,out mark, out press a team with greater technic as overtime the "technical" team would get tired,fatigued and would most likely be unable to keep the pace,and you know how much a fraction of time is worth in soccer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 24, 2019
Eruditor:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10424370/Flashback-Pep-Guardiolas-failed-drug-test-in-2001.html
pep was cleared because when WADA introduced the new policy concerning "unstable vials" in 2009/10 the samples were already too old for retesting.
basically,he was acquited on technicalities.just like the statute of limitations in law.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 24, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Russians fraud everything. There's even rumours that the put in you seen on tv is a clone.

There's no sports competition that Russia has participated in without cheating. If you use those guys as the basis of your argument, then no sport is stringent enough.

Generally speaking, football testing, particularly in top European competitions is very stringent.

City don't need to cheat. There's no injection in existence that will give you ability to do 2 million legovers, or finish a one on one chance.

Best PED will do for you is boost your speed, strength, stamina and recovery times. Look how big that city squad is - and look how they were rotating this season.

It is very rare to see a talented player who would not be tempted for any of these said boosts,especially in soccer where the stakes are much more higher.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

And with all the doping of Russia they dont win CL nor world cups they dont even make semis

There is a limit to what drugs can do in football. Its basically intelligence.
so you are saying doping won't give you a significant edge in football?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2019
There is a dark side to every sport and football is not an exception. Do you guys really think the heavy investments by billionaires and sponsors on football is just to entertain you guys on the pitch? Developing countries in Africa and South America use falsification of age to pursue their own cause while developed countries that have enhanced technologies (including medical), financial corruption, bribery, systems, and logistics pursue theirs through other means that almost look innocuous. Everyone has the same goal in mind and that is to gain that unfair edge.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:22pm On May 24, 2019
simonjassy:

did you ever play pro or amateur football?.cos if you did you would know the difference between being on the pitch for 10mins and 90mins respectively.
when energy levels are depleted,you cerebral thinking suffers immensely,a team whose players have enough energy to outrun,out mark, out press a team with greater technic as overtime the "technical" team would get tired,fatigued and would most likely be unable to keep the pace,and you know how much a fraction of time is worth in soccer.

Every pro footballer can maintain a high level of fitness for 90mins, Its not like they are running the entire 90mins, there will be times they are not in play and can catch their breath

No amount of PED will make you pass or shoot accurately.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:23pm On May 24, 2019
simonjassy:

so you are saying doping won't give you a significant edge in football?

Who was the last doping team to win a major title?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

Who was the last doping team to win a major title?
No be thief wey dem catch be thief.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

Every pro footballer can maintain a high level of fitness for 90mins, Its not like they are running the entire 90mins, there will be times they are not in play and can catch their breath

No amount of PED will make you pass or shoot accurately.
i would advise you to go online and search for information.several ex-players have come out to say the truth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 7:00pm On May 24, 2019
Roland17:

He was acquitted based on technicalities and not because there was no proof or evidence of doping because there was concrete evidence. Results showed he had 6 times the normal limits of the steroid "Nandrolone" in his system. Secondly, Nandrolone is not a supplement found in regular energy drinks because it is classified as a controlled substance that requires a prescription and it is administered through injections.

You are right that the Nandrolone is controlled however "Some dietary supplements contain compounds similar to nandrolone or its metabolic precursors, which produce the same metabolites as does nandrolone,"

Based on this, one cannot tell if the test that he failed was a result of nandrolone itself or the metabolic precursors that could be found in dietary supplements like energy drinks. Linford Christie, Christophe Dugarry and many other athletes got their suspensions lifted on the same premise.

The difference is, Pep argued his case long after he was exonerated and in 2009 got the charge expunged from his record.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 7:03pm On May 24, 2019
simonjassy:

pep was cleared because when WADA introduced the new policy concerning "unstable vials" in 2009/10 the samples were already too old for retesting.
basically,he was acquited on technicalities.just like the statute of limitations in law.

No he was exonerated because they could not prove that his system was rigged with Nandrolone itself and by 2009 when research on the steroid had far improved, they realised that testing players for Nandrolone was ineffective since other metabolites that were not banned could test positive for nandrolone.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2019
Roland17:

So no be today Pep be fraud?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On May 24, 2019
simonjassy:

i would advise you to go online and search for information.several ex-players have come out to say the truth.

The nature of team sports makes it less dependent on physical abilities. If you take steroids daily, as a basketballer it won't improve your shooting accuracy ability to fake and deceive opponents or ability to block shots

PED won't make Lukaku suddenly able to trap ball better or dribble like Messi

Aside midfielders most players only sprint in bursts. When the ball is not with you, you usually catch a breather and prepare for the next sprint, most of the movement on the pitch is jogging until the action comes to you and you sprint

That's why Africans can be fit and strong like Hanks Anuku but when they pass the ball around them at the world cups they end up chasing shadows and lose

I saw an article where Man City was the 12th rated team in the EPL in distance covered. That's because they have the method of conserving energy for crucial moments

Huddersfield who ended the season with 16 points and just 3 wins were 6th on the distance covered chart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:59pm On May 24, 2019
simonjassy:

No be thief wey dem catch be thief.

A new doping control policy for FIFA competitions was introduced at the FIFA U‐17 World Championship in New Zealand in 1999. Since then, during tournaments, two players from each team are randomly selected to undergo doping tests after each match. Between 1994 and 2005, 3327 doping controls (men and women) were performed during three consecutive FIFA world cups (USA, France, Korea/Japan), two consecutive Olympic games (Sydney, Athens) as well as the last Women's World Cup (USA, 2003), the FIFA U‐19 in Thailand, the FIFA U‐17 World Cup in Peru, the FIFA Confederations Cup in Germany, the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup in Brazil, the FIFA U‐20 World Cup in the Netherlands, and FIFA World Championship in Futsal, Chinese Taipei, as well as during the World Cup 2006 preliminaries. Only four samples tested positive during this period: one for ephedrine and pseudoephedrine in 1994 one for cannabis and one for nandrolone during the FIFA World Youth Championship 2003 held in the United Arab Emirates, and one for ephedrine in Angola. This reflects an overall incidence of 0.12% positive cases over the past 11 years. The extremely low incidence of positive cases during FIFA competitions indirectly confirms the FIFA long term strategy in the fight against doping: that education and prevention play a key role in keeping high profile competitions free of doping.

It can only be assumed that team sports such as football are not as prone to misuse of performance enhancing substances as are individual sports. During the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, there were 27 positive cases—all in individual athletes and none in any team sport participants. It might be hypothesised that the close collaboration of the team sport medical committees since the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, positively influenced the attitude of fairplay among team sports during the Olympic Games in Athens.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2657497/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:07pm On May 24, 2019
simonjassy:

your 2nd paragraph,do you mean in nigeria?.
Lance armstrong, a pro cyclist was banned in 2013 and stripped of his 7 tour de france title,he confessed himself,months after several tests by UCI didn't find proof that he doped .cycling is nowhere as big a sport as football is,and i find it hard to believe that pro-players don't have incentive to cheat in a sport where your pay is very dependent on your performance and the stakes are higher. since Ufc adopted stringent testing methods and timing,we now see more fights cancelled/pp due to "injuries". doping is common in almost every sport except "FOOTBALL" i find this hard to believe as football is greatest of all.
If you ask me, sum1 is lying.

Yes, my 2nd paragraph wasn't for Nigeria. But I'm sure some players use stuff to enhance their performances in Nigeria.

Our coach during my service year, was a former Abia warriors handler. When we reached the quarter finals in Abuja, he brought some products for us to mix with milk 15 minutes to the match. After the 90 mins, I was feeling like I never played any match.

I also met a former athlete, Obinna Nsofor's friend, he was the first person that told me about masking agents and PED won't be discovered if the user times the usage well.

Those who are not using banned PEDs, have creatine monohydrate and BCAA amino to boost their levels. Those who are pros know these stuff and how they work.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 9:10pm On May 24, 2019
airmark:

Yes, my 2nd paragraph wasn't for Nigeria. But I'm sure some players use stuff to enhance their performances in Nigeria.

Our coach during my service year, was a former Abia warriors handler. When we reached the quarter finals in Abuja, he brought some products for us to mix with milk 15 minutes to the match. After the 90 mins, I was feeling like I never played any match.

I also met a former athlete, Obinna Nsofor's friend, he was the first person that told me about masking agents and PED won't be discovered if the user times the usage well.

Those who are not using banned PEDs, have creatine monohydrate and BCAA amino to boost their levels. Those who are pros know these stuff and how they work.
grin Was that why you were able to swim across continents... Sorry I had to make a joke with that cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:16pm On May 24, 2019
obainojazz:
grin Was that why you were able to swim across continents... Sorry I had to make a joke with that cheesy

Thunder from Okija must fire you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 9:18pm On May 24, 2019
airmark:

Thunder from Okija must fire you.
Sorry Bruv... Okija thunder don't fire it's own tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2019
obainojazz:

LMAO.

Are you saying Doping turned baba to Michael Phelps? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 9:44pm On May 24, 2019
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

A new doping control policy for FIFA competitions was introduced at the FIFA U‐17 World Championship in New Zealand in 1999. Since then, during tournaments, two players from each team are randomly selected to undergo doping tests after each match. Between 1994 and 2005, 3327 doping controls (men and women) were performed during three consecutive FIFA world cups (USA, France, Korea/Japan), two consecutive Olympic games (Sydney, Athens) as well as the last Women's World Cup (USA, 2003), the FIFA U‐19 in Thailand, the FIFA U‐17 World Cup in Peru, the FIFA Confederations Cup in Germany, the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup in Brazil, the FIFA U‐20 World Cup in the Netherlands, and FIFA World Championship in Futsal, Chinese Taipei, as well as during the World Cup 2006 preliminaries. Only four samples tested positive during this period: one for ephedrine and pseudoephedrine in 1994 one for cannabis and one for nandrolone during the FIFA World Youth Championship 2003 held in the United Arab Emirates, and one for ephedrine in Angola. This reflects an overall incidence of 0.12% positive cases over the past 11 years. The extremely low incidence of positive cases during FIFA competitions indirectly confirms the FIFA long term strategy in the fight against doping: that education and prevention play a key role in keeping high profile competitions free of doping.

It can only be assumed that team sports such as football are not as prone to misuse of performance enhancing substances as are individual sports. During the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, there were 27 positive cases—all in individual athletes and none in any team sport participants. It might be hypothesised that the close collaboration of the team sport medical committees since the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, positively influenced the attitude of fairplay among team sports during the Olympic Games in Athens.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2657497/
try reading up on the article "doping in football 50 years of evidence". it's on google.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

The nature of team sports makes it less dependent on physical abilities. If you take steroids daily, as a basketballer it won't improve your shooting accuracy ability to fake and deceive opponents or ability to block shots

PED won't make Lukaku suddenly able to trap ball better or dribble like Messi

Aside midfielders most players only sprint in bursts. When the ball is not with you, you usually catch a breather and prepare for the next sprint, most of the movement on the pitch is jogging until the action comes to you and you sprint

That's why Africans can be fit and strong like Hanks Anuku but when they pass the ball around them at the world cups they end up chasing shadows and lose

I saw an article where Man City was the 12th rated team in the EPL in distance covered. That's because they have the method of conserving energy for crucial moments

Huddersfield who ended the season with 16 points and just 3 wins were 6th on the distance covered chart

This one knows nothing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:05pm On May 24, 2019
Ibime:
Oga chic2pimp, Diamond league tickets start from £10 if you are interested, although £25 the tickets are best if you want to watch from a decent angle. I've got a couple for Birmingham which is closest to me.

https://london.diamondleague.com/tickets/

Why Am I just seeing this now? Thanks for heads up Bro. Will definitely have a look. Whether it's the £10 ticket or the £25 one, I should hopefully *fingers crossed* be going.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:23pm On May 24, 2019
airmark:

This one knows nothing.

I agreed with Dayo.

Some of the best players in the world are not particularly quick, strong or have stamina.

The only stage I can see PED giving a huge advantage is in youth team.

See Antonio Valencia, built like a tank, faster than igwe ndi gala sellers at obalende, and still got demoted from winger to right back and eventually to ball boy.

Adama Traore carry biceps like terminator, and is faster than a speeding mopol truck, yet can't even make 1st team in Wolves.

The average training routine for footbsllers will keep them super fit anyway.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 24, 2019
nihilistjnr:

I agreed with Dayo.

Some of the best players in the world are not particularly quick, strong or have stamina.

The only stage I can see PED giving a huge advantage is in youth team.

See Antonio Valencia, built like a tank, faster than igwe ndi gala sellers at obalende, and still got demoted from winger to right back and eventually to ball boy.

Adama Traore carry biceps like terminator, and is faster than a speeding mopol truck, yet can't even make 1st team in Wolves.

The average training routine for footbsllers will keep them super fit anyway.

this is a common mistake among fans,thinking PEDs are mostly body building steroids fyi, you are wrong.
I once played street football against guys who just finished smoking weed and taking tram,that match was something else i had to voluntarily look for a sub.this guys would run,mark you down, fall down and get up like its nothing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:45pm On May 24, 2019
simonjassy:

this is a common mistake among fans,thinking PEDs are mostly body building steroids fyi, you are wrong.
I once played street football against guys who just finished smoking weed and taking tram,that match was something else i had to voluntarily look for a sub.this guys would run,mark you down, fall down and get up like its nothing

lol bruv weed and tramadol are more likely to knock you, than give you energy to play ball.

It's like you've never smoked weed before cheesy

PEDs cannot give you football skill, only physical power. Usain Bolt the world fastest man could not even make 1st eleven in Australian league, that's how inconsequential pure athleticism can be in the sport of football.

11 Dirk Kuyts won't win world cup.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:57pm On May 24, 2019
Roland17:
There is a dark side to every sport and football is not an exception. Do you guys really think the heavy investments by billionaires and sponsors on football is just to entertain you guys on the pitch? Developing countries in Africa and South America use falsification of age to pursue their own cause while developed countries that have enhanced technologies (including medical), financial corruption, bribery, systems, and logistics pursue theirs through other means that almost look innocuous. Everyone has the same goal in mind and that is to gain that unfair edge.

It would be naive to think doping doesn’t happen in football. There are no sports anywhere that are genuinely clean, except maybe those which don’t require physical prowess like darts or snooker for example.

I think the only question is how widespread it is and how much of a difference it makes. Clearly being fitter and stronger makes you better as a player and as a team but it doesn’t boost your technique or footballing brain in any way.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:59pm On May 24, 2019
nihilistjnr:

lol bruv weed and tramadol are more likely to knock you, than give you energy to play ball.

It's like you've never smoked weed before cheesy

PEDs cannot give you football skill, only physical power. Usain Bolt the world fastest man could not even make 1st eleven in Australian league, that's how inconsequential pure athleticism can be in the sport of football.

11 Dirk Kuyts won't win world cup.

I wanted to include the Usain Bolt thing in my write up. He is surely faster than everyone in football but useless in football

Messi is the best footballer alive most of the time he is strolling on the field, he only sprints less than 25% of the time he spends on the field

Football is mainly a skill sport, that is why Huddersfield with the 6th most covered distance finished last and Man City with the 12th finished first with over 80points than Huddersfield

Maybe the Huddersfield coach was telling them if they run harder they will win games

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:06pm On May 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

I wanted to include the Usain Bolt thing in my write up. He is surely faster than everyone in football but useless in football

Messi is the best footballer alive most of the time he is strolling on the field, he only sprints less than 25% of the time he spends on the field

Football is mainly a skill sport, that is why Huddersfield with the 6th most covered distance finished last and Man City with the 12th finished first with over 80points than Huddersfield

Maybe the Huddersfield coach was telling them if they run harder they will win games

funny enough I was listening to Kris Boyd, the kilmarnock striker talking about Steve Clarke, the new Scotland manager, only 2 days ago

He said that Steve Clarke would tell his players whenever they played a good team that if they can't match their opponents in skill, they should match them in workrate.....

no wonder Celtic win the league every year...see team talk ffs

(1) (2) (3) ... (7308) (7309) (7310) (7311) (7312) (7313) (7314) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sulele04(m), Mecka, Kendzyma(m), BlueMann, Shegzdave and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.