Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,811 members, 7,844,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10658635 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7314) (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) ... (19313) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:39pm On May 25, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5206917/femi-fani-kayode-nigeria-road-rwanda

God save us. This is getting serious.. Some of us saw it coming.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:53pm On May 25, 2019
nihilistjnr:

there's a loooot of conjecture in that article though.

The only facts be presented were related to cycling and guardiola's personal drug case

My focus on this topic has always been on Pep and his doping case and this article support my argument. Pep clearly doped but him and others got away based on technicalities.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kushercain: 11:03pm On May 25, 2019

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:07pm On May 25, 2019
O boy..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:18pm On May 25, 2019
Eruditor:

You are right that the Nandrolone is controlled however "Some dietary supplements contain compounds similar to nandrolone or its metabolic precursors, which produce the same metabolites as does nandrolone,"

Based on this, one cannot tell if the test that he failed was a result of nandrolone itself or the metabolic precursors that could be found in dietary supplements like energy drinks. Linford Christie, Christophe Dugarry and many other athletes got their suspensions lifted on the same premise.

The difference is, Pep argued his case long after he was exonerated and in 2009 got the charge expunged from his record.

In 2007, there was finally some light at the end of the tunnel for Guardiola. After two failed appeals a shred of hope remained when Guardiola’s close friend, personal assistant and formal water polo great Manuel Estiarte (below left, still Guardiola’s right-hand man at Manchester City) discovered changes in the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) guidelines which he thought could exonerate Guardiola.

In 2005, WADA had found that a phenomenon called “unstable urine” in samples could lead to positive tests for low levels of nandrolone. In very rare cases nandrolone could be found in samples not because of external administration but as a result of a chemical reaction that “may occur in a vial containing urine.”

WADA instructed all accredited labs to perform “stability tests” on urine samples with nandrolone concentration from 2 to 10ng/ml moving forward. Guardiola’s values were at the high end of this scale (12ng/ml for NE). Those samples that were deemed “unstable” would not constitute an adverse analytic finding for nandrolone.

Then-WADA Director General David Howman stood by the efficacy of the previous testing for nandrolone and said the chances of urine becoming unstable were “very rare”. The chances were between 1 out of 1,000 and 1 out of 10,000 positive tests for nandrolone.

Guardiola was cleared by the Brescia Court of Appeals. This was not because his samples were deemed “unstable” but because it could have been possible that his four samples had been “unstable”. Guardiola was absolved of all blame because of “the impossibility to now perform stability tests on the samples taken” in 2001.

Stability tests must be carried out within five weeks of the collection of a sample. In 2007, no sample even remained to be re-tested.

Excerpts from

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2017/04/25/sharapova-guardiola-doping-darkness-and-light-250401/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:47pm On May 25, 2019
Greatihex:
https://www.nairaland.com/5206917/femi-fani-kayode-nigeria-road-rwanda

God save us. This is getting serious..
Some of us saw it coming.

This is stupid. The Zamfara/Katsina/Sokoto bandits attack Fulani and others alike. Infact the bandits are known to attack herdsmen frequently same as Boko Haram. Bandits, Herdsmen and Boko are not interchangeable. They are distinct groups who attack and kill each other also.

Part of the problem with herdsmen for example, is that Herdsmen traditionally graze their cattle most of the year in North East, old Gongola (Adamawa) area before coming South to bring them to market. But they have been unable to do so for some years due to Boko Haram rustling their cattle. So they come down South to graze instead leading to farmer conflicts.

There is no radio station for "bandits". Bandits are a different set borne out of gold mining conflicts in Zamfara. The radio station is for herdsmen to better disseminate information on weather patterns, safe grazing routes etc to minimise conflict.

A sitting President would not provide support to "bandits" that are attacking his own hometown, never mind threatening the seat of Sardauna of Sokoto which is the heart of Fulani empire. The bandits case is a case of Fulani empire collapsing on it's self due to extreme poverty, overpopulation, mining conflicts and other factors.

Nigeria is on the road to Somalia, nevermind Rwanda but not for the factors you mentioned above.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NLBigBoy: 1:24am On May 26, 2019
Anyone watching the U-20 World Cup...It’s fantastic this year with laughable schoolboy defending and Outrageous ballsy skill moves...Some of this teams are amazing to watch when you compare them to that shít infested man utd team

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 1:30am On May 26, 2019
NLBigBoy:
Anyone watching the U-20 World Cup...It’s fantastic this year with laughable schoolboy defending and Outrageous ballsy skill moves...Some of this teams are amazing to watch when you compare them to that shít infested man utd team
I’m watching the tournament too. And it looks like half the Nigerian team is over aged grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NLBigBoy: 1:52am On May 26, 2019
PDPGuy:

I’m watching the tournament too. And it looks like half the Nigerian team is over aged grin

My OGA age is just a number...It’s all about how you feel at heart...If 25yr old Umar says his birth certificate is from 2001 and he feels like an 18yr old who am I to disagree? angry as long as I can brag that we brought it home as usual I don’t care grin

Really looking forward to that USA game on Monday that will be ultimate bragging right for me...Western Technology vs African Hunger

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:11am On May 26, 2019
Roland17:

@Eruditor. please pay special attention to specific details regarding Pep's doping test. This an honest work of investigative journalism.

http://theunapologists.com/break-silence-doping-football

I had to look twice to make sure the post came from you and not GreatlyCursed or some other pseudo-intellectual on here. There is nothing investigative or honest about the laughable article. Mourinho could even have written this with his laptop seeing the writings on the wall and how City were garnering a huge lead over their nearest and derby rivals in 17/18 season.

Look at this for e.g
Manchester City are running away with the league, playing breathtaking football and running their opponents ragged. Pep Guardiola has been credited – rightly so – for his innovative tactics and high-pressing defensive style (another in-vogue aspect of playing the beautiful game), despite question marks around the legality and fairness of his methods

What are the question marks about Pep's way of playing the game? Raumdeuter has proven that his teams do not out-run others. They don't even win most of their games in the last minute so stamina and endurance do not come in. They tackle the least and amassed about the lowest red or yellow cards all season. So again I ask, what are the question marks about his methods?

Take a look at another:
Whilst playing in Italy, Guardiola himself was found to have steroids in his system. Mitigating evidence meant that – after a few appeals and serving a ban – Guardiola was cleared of misuse of illegal, performance enhancing drugs, despite tests showing over six times the legal limit of the steroid Nandrolone in his system. He has always protested his innocence, using multiple defences to claim his innocence throughout the lengthy appeal process

This is even a dumb lie. The internet is replete with articles saying he tested positive for Nandrolone after the Piacenza game but it was only traces of it. As a result, they did another test following the Lazio game that Brescia lost 5-0 which is where they said he tested above the limit. My question then is, who in the world will be randomly tested, then 2 weeks after take 6 times the dose of the steroid you were tested for except you did not know what you were taking? Or how do you reason this out? He decided to sextuple the dose to argue his system metabolised it?

“Unstable urine” – an effect that meant nandrolone would appear in urine as a result of a chemical reaction – was used as a final argument, despite the chances of this happening being between 1/1000 and 1/10000. Stability tests were supposed to have been taken within 5 weeks of the initial sample, but at this stage it was too late. Guardiola, like many important people before him, got off on a technicality.

I laughed real hard at this part because it makes zero sense- there is nothing like unstable urine or the claptrap the Indian tried to conjure up. Ask any chemical engineer about unstable molecules. If you synthesized some molecule and characterized it, the yield could be 60% this very moment and in the next 3 hours give you something like 72% depending on how unstable that molecule was. What that simply means in terms of the article is, a sample of blood or urine that resulted in a trace of Nandrolone, could test 5 times over the count in 3 years simply because Nandrolone itself is unstable. So this was not what got Pep off, it was the simple fact that they could not prove that what he tested positive for was Nandrolone or metabolites that were precursors for Nandrolone.

Just read:
In 2010, UEFA fined his Barcelona team for not providing details of player whereabouts; an innocuous issue most of the time, but given the rumours around Pep and his all-dominating team, something with the potential to turn rather serious

and this:
Manchester City were fined for a similar breach of anti-doping rules last year.

One would think that the manager is responsible for giving details of where his players are at all times or that this was individual and not a team issue (something other clubs are guilty of).

2013 saw Pep move to Bayern Munich for three years, where his team suffered from a number of injuries and failed to win the Champions League.

So what does the emboldened have to do with doping? LMAO. Investigative indeed.

Guardiola is under immense pressure, having spent more on defence than some countries.

Honest Journalist. grin No taint of bias or ignorance.

In all of these, other players were fined, ban etc. They paid the fine, served the ban and moved on. This particular man fought the case till it was expunged from his record. The way and manner you then decided to side in with this junk piece of journalism by even stating categorically that Pep doped is funny.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:24am On May 26, 2019
Roland17:

In 2007, there was finally some light at the end of the tunnel for Guardiola. After two failed appeals a shred of hope remained when Guardiola’s close friend, personal assistant and formal water polo great Manuel Estiarte (below left, still Guardiola’s right-hand man at Manchester City) discovered changes in the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) guidelines which he thought could exonerate Guardiola.

In 2005, WADA had found that a phenomenon called “unstable urine” in samples could lead to positive tests for low levels of nandrolone. In very rare cases nandrolone could be found in samples not because of external administration but as a result of a chemical reaction that “may occur in a vial containing urine.”

WADA instructed all accredited labs to perform “stability tests” on urine samples with nandrolone concentration from 2 to 10ng/ml moving forward. Guardiola’s values were at the high end of this scale (12ng/ml for NE). Those samples that were deemed “unstable” would not constitute an adverse analytic finding for nandrolone.

Then-WADA Director General David Howman stood by the efficacy of the previous testing for nandrolone and said the chances of urine becoming unstable were “very rare”. The chances were between 1 out of 1,000 and 1 out of 10,000 positive tests for nandrolone.

Guardiola was cleared by the Brescia Court of Appeals. This was not because his samples were deemed “unstable” but because it could have been possible that his four samples had been “unstable”. Guardiola was absolved of all blame because of “the impossibility to now perform stability tests on the samples taken” in 2001.

Stability tests must be carried out within five weeks of the collection of a sample. In 2007, no sample even remained to be re-tested.

Excerpts from

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2017/04/25/sharapova-guardiola-doping-darkness-and-light-250401/

There is not much to say here as I already did in the other post. This exactly captures what I was saying. A Nandrolone urine test could read 2ng/ml concentration today and yet when that same sample is tested again in 2 years read 4ng/ml. A good lawyer will then simply ask, "did my client's urine inject itself with 2ng/ml concentration of the steroid while in storage? If no, then it is highly possible that even the 2ng/ml test could be skewed if it was not done immediately it was drawn- and even at that- could be skewed depending on when the client even injected or ingested it into his system".

"Since you cannot therefore prove that my client purposely took a heavy dose of the steroid nor can you ascertain the actual dose he took and how it got into his system, then you must discharge and acquit him". And the judge obliged. End. Of.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 3:41am On May 26, 2019
chic2pimp:

100% disagree. Bar Messi, this Current Barca Team is at par with this Current Liverpool team based on skill alone. At worst maybe Barcelona has a slight edge but the difference is minute.
Please compare the team that started that second leg and tell me that bar Messi they're on equal footing...No way!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:59am On May 26, 2019
Greatihex:
i was even more surprised to see afrodoc say that PED does not improve dribbling.

Seems like a lot of our old guys did not even play monkey post.. How can someone who ever played any kind of football downplay the importance of strength in football.

You should be smarter than this, and if you are not at least pretend. It is not everyone that will come here to be repeating the "i played football, i played football" mantra here to validate himself.
I played football, basketball, and handball for my school at national level AND was called to NYSC state camp for football (for those who love throwing imaginary shade).

That was how Coogar (thinking i lived in Nigeria) was using a measly 54k pounds to boast here until i set him straight.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by VargasVee(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2019
So Luka Jović hasn't even moved to Madrid yet?

This was yesterday's interview with France24

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:43am On May 26, 2019
Greatihex:
i was even more surprised to see afrodoc say that PED does not improve dribbling.

Seems like a lot of our old guys did not even play monkey post.. How can someone who ever played any kind of football downplay the importance of strength in football.

You see people claiming to be experts in their fields making ridiculous mistakes like Boathand.

He also claimed that trams couldn't be used to enhance performance, something that uneducated Agbowo footballers would laugh at.

Some people can't defend the certificates they brag with, when put to test.

If you are out of energy on the field, to pass the ball well, could even be an herculean task, let alone wriggling out of opponent tackles, while one dribbles with the ball.

It's when you have discussions like this that you weigh knowledge and intelligence.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2019
BikeMan:
I still think it's a buuullshit news. But we can do with that move actually.

Sure especially if we hire someone like poch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:06pm On May 26, 2019
afrodoc2:

You should be smarter than this, and if you are not at least pretend. It is not everyone that will come here to be repeating the "i played football, i played football" mantra here to validate himself.
I played football, basketball, and handball for my school at national level AND was called to NYSC state camp for football (for those who love throwing imaginary shade).

That was how Coogar (thinking i lived in Nigeria) was using a measly 54k pounds to boast here until i set him straight.
you should have known better then. I didn't expect that from you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:14pm On May 26, 2019
Greatihex:
you should have known better then. I didn't expect that from you

Apologies, na small vex cause am. No vex.

Me just no like when people try to win debates by going personal against people you know nothing personal about.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2019
afrodoc2:

Apologies, na small vex cause am. No vex.

Me just no like when people try to win debates by going personal against people you know nothing personal about
you can say that again

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:20pm On May 26, 2019
airmark:

You see people claiming to be experts in their fields making ridiculous mistakes like Boathand.

He also claimed that trams couldn't be used to enhance performance, something that uneducated Agbowo footballers would laugh at.

Some people can't defend the certificates they brag with, when put to test.

If you are out of energy on the field, to pass the ball well, could even be an herculean task, let alone wriggling out of opponent tackles, while one dribbles with the ball.

It's when you have discussions like this that you weigh knowledge and intelligence.

tramadol is not a PED.

Wada does not have it on the banned substances list
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:17pm On May 26, 2019
nihilistjnr:

tramadol is not a PED.

Wada does not have it on the banned substances list

Meldonium wasn't on any banned list until it was investigated and later banned, after Sharapova was caught. Do you think the drug only started functioning as PED in 2016, when it was banned?

Not finding a drug that has been tested and confirmed to enhance performance, on wada list, proves nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 4:23pm On May 26, 2019
airmark:

Meldonium wasn't on any banned list until it was investigated and later banned, after Sharapova was caught. Do you think the drug only started functioning as PED in 2016, when it was banned?

Not finding a drug that has been tested and confirmed to enhance performance, on wada list, proves nothing.

Tramadol is a pain killer. It does not affect your performance. If trams is a PED then ibuprofen and even panadol are PEDs

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:35pm On May 26, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Tramadol is a pain killer. It does not affect your performance. If trams is a PED then ibuprofen and even panadol are PEDs

Just like meldonium was tagged an angina drug, and wouldn't enhance performance, until sharapova was banned.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:29pm On May 26, 2019
afrodoc2:

You know say you be my oga at the top right? Abeg send the Measly 54k pounds to my account and I'll forever be indebted to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2019
chic2pimp:

You know say you be my oga at the top right? Abeg send the Measly 54k pounds to my account and I'll forever be indebted to you

I just want the 4 in front of the 5... You can have the rest! grin grin grin

Afrodoc children na the real O.B.O cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 6:54pm On May 26, 2019
Chic2pimp and elrony awon Omo ole Meji.. grin

afrodoc2 abeg na just 10% of that figure dey important according to the bible , I be pastor grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 26, 2019
Eruditor:

There is not much to say here as I already did in the other post. This exactly captures what I was saying. A Nandrolone urine test could read 2ng/ml concentration today and yet when that same sample is tested again in 2 years read 4ng/ml. A good lawyer will then simply ask, "did my client's urine inject itself with 2ng/ml concentration of the steroid while in storage? If no, then it is highly possible that even the 2ng/ml test could be skewed if it was not done immediately it was drawn

"Since you cannot therefore prove that my client purposely took a heavy dose of the steroid nor can you ascertain the actual dose he took and how it got into his system, then you must discharge and acquit him"..
the odds would crumble your defence, as nandrolone instability has a chance of about 1 in 10000 positive tests. the odds are not in your favour. secondly doping does not have to be done "intentionally" according to WADA contrary to what you opined above.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:02pm On May 26, 2019
elrony:

I just want the 4 in front of the 5... You can have the rest! grin grin grin

Afrodoc children na the real O.B.O cheesy

Broooo grin grin grin I'm not afraid to admit that at my age and at my current level of experience, that figure is more than what I make yearly. So when I hear someone call that figure measly, I have to tuale for my Oga at the top.

My Doc don't mind these people with their nonsense Tramadol talk jare. Let's talk business.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2019
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:08pm On May 26, 2019
fredoooooo:

afrodoc2 abeg na just 10% of that figure dey important according to the bible , I be pastor grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Bro wetin man go do nau? cheesy It's called getting your priorities straight. Abi who Tramadol epp?.

Besides Doctors are very well paid in Aussie land so it's only right I ask for my own share of bread crumbs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2019
fredoooooo:

Uncle Chic2pimp come and bundle this one outta here before he strikes our chances with pestilence angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 26, 2019
If those reports saying they found traces of nandrolone in pep after the piacenza game are true,don't you think the traces here meant it was below the natural thresh hold.do you think WADA would have had a case if they charged him over "traces".dont you think,pep may have thought they couldn't find "nought" and was emboldened?.Eruditor, you said earlier that there is nothing like "unstable urine",that the indian chap conjured it up,but that exactly was pep's defence which he used to reverse the former decision.
away from pep,why did the judge not let dr eufeumiano fuentes name the identities of the other sportstars he treated in the infamous "operation puerco(can't remember the actual name",when the dr himself said only a few are cyclists.
why did the judge order that the bags of blood be destroyed,when they would have provided solid evidence or at least helped WADA's pursuit.
do you in all sincerity,think something isn't amiss?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7314) (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) ... (19313) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m), AIT1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.