Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10556991 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7681) (7682) (7683) (7684) (7685) (7686) (7687) ... (19187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

There is nothing like peak Rio, All what you saw was Vidic doing the work. There was a season Rio was injured for most of it and Man Utd team didnt even miss him and still won the title
What a ridiculous statement which makes me believe you hardly saw a prime Ferdinand.The closest thing to a classic Italian defender. Composed, intelligent, calm, elegant, fast, athletic. You didn't watch United from 2006-09. I hated the idiot.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

What a ridiculous statement which makes me believe you hardly saw a prime Ferdinand.The closest thing to a classic Italian defender. Composed, intelligent, calm, elegant, fast, athletic. You didn't watch United from 2006-09. I hated the idiot.
i don't think Nesta was significantly better than Rio. Did Nesta ever show consistency over the course of an entire league?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

I watched Rio from his days at Leeds United with dem Radebe, Ian Hart, Danny Mills, Alan Smith Kwell, Viduka, Olivier Dacourt, Nigel Martin etc until he retired and there is nothing Italian about him. Vidic was the one like the Italian defender, Rio was a carry along.

Vidic was the one covering the defence while Rio was just good at pointing

Rio best skill

[img]https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/rio-ferdinand-celebrates-ruud-van-nistleroys-goal-by-pointing-to-the-picture-id2934418?s=2048x2048[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
spillo1:

i don't think Nesta was significantly better than Rio. Did Nesta ever show consistency over the course of an entire league?

Nestas left toe was significantly better than entire Rio ferdinands career

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
spillo1:

Nesta reached an higher peak but was Injury prone. Playing with Stam and maldini also helped.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
Indomie generation. But Dayo should recuse himself from this. His hatred for anything English is well known.

You guys should just stop with your Nesta blasphemies sha.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Thats why you are a morron, WHo asked you for reasons Klopp didnt perform? You think Pep didn't have his reasons for his first season?

Someone said Klopp started performing immediately and his league position the first season disagreed because he finished 10th

That is why engaging your sense is important

Its the same xteristics of all citadel students all are morrons
and where did you see reasons why klopp did not perform?

I have made my point against what you were trying to preach.

Every sensible person knows that i said the truth and made sense, i don't know why you can't see that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Nesta reached an higher peak but was Injury prone. Playing with Stam and maldini also helped.

People seem to value defenders if they're all about 'getting stuck in' more of a Vidic than a Ferdinand type of defenders. Defenders that like tackles

I think it takes more talent and reading of the game to keep your shorts clean not dive in or make rash decisions etc. Like Ferdinand.

Rio was world class.He did it on the European stage repeatedly, even while he was at Leeds he performed well in Europe.

For me, he was better than Vidic, better than Terry, better than Carvalho. Best defender in the PL and best English defender too.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2019
spillo1:

People seem to value defenders if they're all about 'getting stuck in' more of a Vidic than a Ferdinand type of defenders. Defenders that like tackles

I think it takes more talent and reading of the game to keep your shorts clean not dive in or make rash decisions etc. Like Ferdinand.

Rio was world class.He did it on the European stage repeatedly, even while he was at Leeds he performed well in Europe.

For me, he was better than Vidic, better than Terry, better than Carvalho. Best defender in the PL and best English defender too.
Like I told you in the United thread Terry didn't play Golf.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
afrodoc2:
Indomie generation. But Dayo should recuse himself from this. His hatred for anything English is well known.

Nest was playing in a back 4 of Cafu--Stam--Nesta--Maldini. Replace him with Ferdinand and their is no drop in quality.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Nestas left toe was significantly better than entire Rio ferdinands career
Nesta was not all that stop it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2019
afrodoc2:

I will not deny Scholes was a great player nor Gazza but someone saying Rio was close to decent or even John Terry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
spillo1:

Nest was playing in a back 4 of Cafu--Stam--Nesta--Maldini. Replace him with Ferdinand and their is no drop in quality.

Nesta was the defensive lynchpin of Lazio when he played alongside Paolo Negro, Guiseppe Pancaro Fernando Couto and won the serie A ahead of AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan

That back 4 can you list their age to at that time to know the load Nesta carried in that defence

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
I would really hope no one is remotely ridiculing A. Nesta worth more comparing him to Rio!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Nesta was the defensive lynchpin of Lazio when he played alongside Paolo Negro, Guiseppe Pancaro Fernando Couto and won the serie A ahead of AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan

That back 4 can you list their age to at that time to know the load Nesta carried in that defence
He was great at lazio no doubt. But most of his career he played with many greats defenders. It's really hard to know his true level. You are giving all the praise to Vidic who was a great defender no doubt forgetting that Nesta also benefitted from the same thing. Ferdinands performance in 2007/08 was as good as a performance any center back would make over a whole season. Technique, reading, speed, agility, strength he had it all. The only edge Nesta has over him is that during his peak, he had all those abilities and used them for a longer time with greater consistency. You are making it sound like Ferdinand was a useless defender.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
airmark:
The new daddy in town. I thank God for the safe delivery.

Congrats. .

Welcome to the little human club!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
spillo1:

He was great at lazio no doubt. But most of his career he played with many greats defenders. It's really hard to know his true level. You are giving all the praise to Vidic who was a great defender no doubt forgetting that Nesta also benefitted from the same thing.

How can you say Nesta was great at Lazio and in the same argument claim he played with many great defenders? Let me remind you that A. Nesta won Serie A defender of the year 3 times even before he even joined Milan and this is not even regarded as the peak of his career in many quarters. There is a reason why he is nicknamed "The Wall" and it is not even close to an exaggeration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
spillo1:

He was great at lazio no doubt. But most of his career he played with many greats defenders. It's really hard to know his true level. You are giving all the praise to Vidic who was a great defender no doubt forgetting that Nesta also benefitted from the same thing. Ferdinands performance in 2007/08 was as good as a performance any center back would make over a whole season. Technique, reading, speed, agility, strength he had it all. The only edge Nesta has over him is that during his peak, he had all those abilities and used them for a longer time with greater consistency. You are making it sound like Ferdinand was a useless defender.
Who were the great defenders he played with at Lazio? Negro, Pancaro Favvali or who

When compared to Vidic, Nesta Canavaro Ramos Carvalho Puyol Boateng, Sammer etc Real defenders, Rio was beyond useless.

Vidic had to carry pipes like Rio Wes Brown Oshea etc

I watched Rio his entire career and knew he was useless. Its different being part of a great squad. Gary Neville was part of a great squad but was individually useless

Nesta got to Milan when Maldini was 34, Cafu was 32 and Stam was 30. and won the CL immediately. Nesta carried that Milan defence for 10yrs where they made 3 CL finals

By 2007 CL final which Milan won Nesta was playing with Oddo Jankulovski and 39yr old Maldini You will probably tell us Oddo and Jankulovski are also great defenders

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

When compared to Vidic, Nesta Canavaro Ramos Carvalho Puyol Boateng, Sammer etc Real defenders, Rio was beyond useless.

I watched Rio his entire career and knew he was useless. Its different being part of a great squad. Gary Neville was part of a great squad but was individually useless

Nesta got to Milan when Maldini was 34, Cafu was 32 and Stam was 30. Nesta carried that Milan defence for 10yrs

By 2007 CL final which Milan won Nesta was playing with Oddo Jankulovski and 39yr old Maldini You will probably tell us Oddo and Jankulovski are also great defenders
I stopped reading when I saw Ramos,Puyol and even the stupid boateng. You are always biased Rio at his peak basically had no weaknesses as a centre back. None.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2019
spillo1:

I stopped reading when I saw Ramos,Puyol and even the stupid boateng. You are always biased.

Fact alone. Those are defenders who have proven themselves at the highest level CL and world cup. Even add Pique to it. Not Rio that was almost impregnated by Aiyegbeni

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

So Ronaldinho, Messi, Drogba, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Puyol were rated above England players because they performed so well for their countries ? shocked shocked shocked

Abi I'm not reading u well ni?

England didn't make euro 2008, it is reflected in the ratings.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Who were the great defenders he played with at Lazio? Negro, Pancaro Favvali or who

Nesta got to Milan when Maldini was 34, Cafu was 32 and Stam was 30. and won the CL immediately. Nesta carried that Milan defence for 10yrs where they made 3 CL finals

Whattttt cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
Dayo is wrong. Rio was not useless. He won an EPL title without Vidic and would probably have won another one if not for his suspension for missing a drugs test.

But Rio is no Nesta. Even Rio no fit agree to that one.
It can be argued from a pure talent level that Nesta was the best we have seen since the OGs Maldini and Baresi. The only reason it’s not set in stone is because injuries derailed the 2nd half of his career.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
obainojazz:
Whattttt cheesy

Forget that one. It’s only on NL Sports threads that Boateng is rated as a great defender.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

This comment just showed who you are in football and how limited your knowledge is

Best midfielder in a CL. Best midfielder in a world cup, A player Ferguson was begging with captain band is the same one you are talking about in the same sentence as those overrated English pieces of shitt

And so on the bolded?

Where is the ucl trophy to show for this?
Where is the world cup trophy to show for all this? Carry your ballack hype go one side and don't shove it down our throats.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
obainojazz:
Whattttt cheesy

Facts only!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:

And so on the bolded?

Where is the world cup trophy to show for all this? Carry your ballack hype go one side and don't shove it down our throats.

When I saw ballack I almost puked. Who the feck is ballack.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:

And so on the bolded?

You dey ask And so for person wey make CL and world cup final yet Hidden Shakushaku never made any of these
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
afrodoc2:

Forget that one. It’s only on NL Sports threads that Boateng is rated as a great defender.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

When I saw ballack I almost puked. Who the feck is ballack.

Dislike him all you want, I dislike Ballack too for leaving Bayern

You cannot take it from someone who took Leverkusen to a CL final and one of the worst Germany in 2002 to a world cup final

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

They were useless because they are useless.

Not winning trophy doesn't mean they were useless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Defensively maybe but that Lazio team was no walk over. Veron, Mihajlovic, Nedved, Simeone & Stankovic to name a few. It was a great team.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7681) (7682) (7683) (7684) (7685) (7686) (7687) ... (19187) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eddie7 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.