Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10472046 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7678) (7679) (7680) (7681) (7682) (7683) (7684) ... (19133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
airmark:
The new daddy in town. I thank God for the safe delivery.
Congrats bro.
Name him Eden or Frank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:15am On Sep 13, 2019
Congratulations Airmark.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Haemophilia: 6:37am On Sep 13, 2019
airmark:
Congratulations man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:16am On Sep 13, 2019
airmark:

Congratulations bro! Baba Bomboy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Season before Klopp joined Liverpool finished 6th with 62points, first season of Klopp Liverpool finished 8th with 60 points
Season before Pep joined City finished 4th with 66points, First season of Pep City finished 3rd 78 points

Verdict Pep couldnt compete immediately while Klopp immediately started competing

No wonder you are the senior prefect at the citadel
you this man. you are mischievous o.
so, klopp that took over liverpool in november from the shamble that rodgers left it should be blamed for finishing 8th and playing two finals?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2019
"I watch [England] with excitement and happiness when they are winning," he said on the Wayne Rooney Podcast.

"You look at our team 10 years ago and arguably we had the best group of players in world football.

"Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole, [Steven] Gerrard, [Paul] Scholes, [Frank] Lampard, [David] Beckham, myself, Michael Owen - our team then, if we had a Guardiola with that group of players, we'd have won everything, no doubt about it."

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:

"I watch [England] with excitement and happiness when they are winning," he said on the Wayne Rooney Podcast.

"You look at our team 10 years ago and arguably we had the best group of players in world football.

"Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole, [Steven] Gerrard, [Paul] Scholes, [Frank] Lampard, [David] Beckham, myself, Michael Owen - our team then, if we had a Guardiola with that group of players, we'd have won everything, no doubt about it."

Wishful thinking. A spain team that had in form Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Ramos, Puyol, David Silva would've dumped them out like its nothing; Except no be Europe they want to win the so called everything. Abi he thinks Guardiola can use every Tom, Di.ck and Harry to achieve his game play? most of those he mentioned won't even make the cut.

Even the German team 10 years ago wouldve bested them irrespective of who their coach is.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Wishful thinking. A spain team that had in form Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Ramos, Puyol, David Silva would've dumped them out like its nothing. Abi he thinks Guardiola can use every Tom, Di.ck and Harry to achieve his game play? most of those he mentioned won't even make the cut.

Even the German team 10 years ago wouldve bested them irrespective of who their coach is.
Don't be silly. A team with prime Rooney,becks, Ferdinand,Terry,lamps, Gerrard,scholes etc was on par with the any Spanish team in the past decade. Even Pep said the same thing in 2017. Here is an extract

""In 2017, Pep Guardiola said he could not understand why England did not achieve more with players such as Frank Lampard ,
Michael Carrick , Paul Scholes , Steven Gerrard ,
John Terry and Rio Ferdinand and claimed they were on the same level as Spain's golden generation of 2008–2014."

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 10:25am On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:

Mourinho will do more with that team, at least he would have a big trophy.. I trust mourinho in that aspect
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2019
Obere4u:

Mourinho will do more with that team, at least he would have a big trophy.. I trust mourinho in that aspect
He saw mourinho before he called Guardiola cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Don't be silly. A team with prime Rooney,becks, Ferdinand,Terry,lamps, Gerrard,scholes etc was on par with the any Spanish team in the past decade. Even Pep said the same thing in 2017. Here is an extract

""In 2017, Pep Guardiola said he could not understand why England did not achieve more with players such as Frank Lampard ,
Michael Carrick , Paul Scholes , Steven Gerrard ,
John Terry and Rio Ferdinand and claimed they were on the same level as Spain's golden generation of 2008–2014."

Oga this is not a Ronaldo lima, del piero debate you will form ancestor on top. We were all alive when these same set of players played. He referred to 10 years ago. We all watched them play. Those spanish players were there superior. They played for a Spain that won the Euros in 2008(11 years ago) and later won the world cup in 2010(9 years ago).

The spanish team was unstoppable. As regards whatever anybody says, anybody can claim anything. We watched a spanish team that was by far better than anybody around.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 10:46am On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Oga this is not a Ronaldo lima, del piero debate you will form ancestor on top. We were all alive when these same set of players played. He referred to 10 years ago. We all watched them play. Those spanish players were there superior. They played for a Spain that won the Euros in 2008(11 years ago) and later won the world cup in 2010(9 years ago).

The spanish team was unstoppable. As regards whatever anybody says, anybody can claim anything. We watched a spanish team that was by far better than anybody around.
It's obvious you don't get the point Rooney was making. He said ten years ago England had arguably the best squad in the world and if compared man to man to that Spanish team England comes out on top and with a manager like Guardiola they would have dominated,why is that not valid and to claim the Spanish team was unstoppable is silly.The only competition they dominated was euros 2012, their world cup win was lucky at best.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:32am On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

It's obvious you don't get the point Rooney was making. He said ten years ago England had arguably the best squad in the world and if compared man to man to that Spanish team England comes out on top and with a manager like Guardiola they would have dominated,why is that not valid and to claim the Spanish team was unstoppable is silly.The only competition they dominated was euros 2012, their world cup win was lucky at best.

England didn't have the best squad 10years ago when compared to the Spanish team. That is a mere fallacy you can never back up with data other than dem say dem say.

Below is the ranking of Balon D'or for 2008, 2009 and 2010 ( that is ; 11 years ago, 10 years ago and 9 years ago). Now tell me the number of the so called England best suad players that made top 10.

Dont even come back and start talking about their national team coach beacuse If the players are as good as u want to claim then the good games they play in their respective clubs should earn them higher ranks in the list

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Spain 2010 was the most boring team in the entire world cup if not in history of world cups.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 11:46am On Sep 13, 2019
Melvyn11:

Spain 2010 was the most boring team in the entire world cup if not in history of world cups.
If not for David Villa they wouldn't even have left the group stage. They were not unstoppable or even dominating shittt.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 11:57am On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

[s] England didn't have the best squad 10years ago when compared to the Spanish team. That is a mere fallacy you can never back up with data other than dem say dem say.

Below is the ranking of Balon D'or for 2008, 2009 and 2010 ( that is ; 11 years ago, 10 years ago and 9 years ago). Now tell me the number of the so called England best suad players that made top 10.

Dont even come back and start talking about their national team coach beacuse If the players are as good as u want to claim then the good games they play in their respective clubs should earn them higher ranks in the list [/s]
Go and read the entire interview of Rooney then come back. He was talking about England golden generation which was from 2003 to 2010 which consisted of scholes, Rooney, Lampard,terry,James, Ferdinand, Gerrard,Cole, Campbell, Neville,Owen,becks etc Compare that to Spain generation from 2008 to 2014 Man to man and Spain don't even come close. The summary of the point rooney was driving at was put that golden generation under a coach like Guardiola and they would have dominated.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Go and read the entire interview of Rooney then come back. He was talking about England golden generation which was from 2003 to 2010 which consisted of scholes, Rooney, Lampard,terry,James, Ferdinand, Gerrard,Cole, Campbell, Neville,Owen,becks etc Compare that to Spain generation from 2008 to 2014 Man to man and Spain don't even come close. The summary of the point rooney was driving at was put that golden generation under a coach like Guardiola and they would have dominated.

why is this different from this ?

Kimbeast:

You clearly stated they had arguably the best squad in the world 10 years ago. i told you that is a blatant lie and showed you ranking of players 11 years ago, 10 years ago and 9 years ago. It showed spanish players doing well both at club and country level.

Now u are going back to quote 2003-2010 when we had Italians, Frenchmen, Brazilians doing better than their English counterparts. Abeg forget jonzing wey Rooney dey jonze.

like I said, its mere wishful thinking on his part.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Team success is about balance. If you start reeling off the list of Argentina stars now, you will be asking why they haven't won something - Messi, Aguero, Dybala, Icardi, LoCelso etc. It's because they have no good DM and no good defence.

Same way England had no good wingers, no good DM (when Hargreaves was injured), no good no 9, not even a good rightback from 2004 when Gary Neville cast. Spain squad was better and more balanced.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
Big congratulations Bishop Airmark. cool

The church family is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevailed. cheesy

Bring the baby to us for proper dedication. cool with a big envelope you know. We don’t accept rams undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

why is this different from this ?

You clearly stated they had arguably the best squad in the world 10 years ago. i told you that is a blatant lie and showed you ranking of players 11 years ago, 10 years ago and 9 years ago. It showed spanish players doing well both at club and country level.

Now u are going back to quote 2003-2010 when we had Italians, Frenchmen, Brazilians doing better than their English counterparts. Abeg forget jonzing wey Rooney dey jonze.

like I said, its mere wishful thinking on his part.
I made a mistake in my earlier assertion of your post. If you are talking about the last decade then no debate from me but my forcus all along have been on the initial golden generation which consisted of more than 5/6 if not 7 world class players. It's a mystery how England didn't win even a spoon.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

I made a mistake in my earlier assertion of your post. If you are talking about the last decade then no debate from me but my forcus all along have been on the initial golden generation which consisted of more than 5/6 if not 7 world class players. It's a mystery how England didn't win even a spoon.

All right then. Ibime already did justice to the reason why they didnt win anything. Its not really about the coaches. Its the players. They never had an all rounder balanced team. When the had good CB's like Terry, Ferdinand, good midfielders like Gerrard and Lamps; they were lacking in the forward deparment and on the wings.

Even when they were almost getting it right, they had the rugged Italian team, a more balanced German team to contend with.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ibime:

Team success is about balance. If you start reeling off the list of Argentina stars now, you will be asking why they haven't won something - Messi, Aguero, Dybala, Icardi, LoCelso etc. It's because they have no good DM and no good defence.

Same way England had no good wingers, no good DM (when Hargreaves was injured), no good no 9, not even a good rightback from 2004 when Gary Neville cast. Spain squad was better and more balanced.
Come on that England squad was stacked. The only edge Spain have Is down to the fact that most of their players were from 2 teams which means the chemistry is already there.England problem was management. That era, they had some of the best players in the world , several players captained their clubs out in Champions League finals, several players who scored in Champions League finals. So there was nothing wrong with talent or the players so you have to say management was the major issue. Individually the talent that England had in the early to mid 2000s was ridiculously good, it just suffered from tactical ineptitude from Sven. You can't shoehorn Lampard and Gerrard into a 442. It's like Mourinho coaching that Spain squad.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Wishful thinking. A spain team that had in form Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Ramos, Puyol, David Silva would've dumped them out like its nothing; Except no be Europe they want to win the so called everything. Abi he thinks Guardiola can use every Tom, Di.ck and Harry to achieve his game play? most of those he mentioned won't even make the cut.

What is with this constant disrespect for pep guardiola self?pep guardiola can use every Tom dick and Harry that's why players like gudjoshen, seydou keita,pique, slyvinho were all pats of his all dominating barca side. And in no world were the Spanish players you mentioned above were superior in quality to the English players mentioned by Rooney. What was the difference between them was the coach that's why Rooney rightly opined a brilliant coach like pep guardiola would virtually win it all with them just the way he did with barca.The 3 lions has always paraded some of the finest players in the world over the years but their greatest undoing is always mediocre coaches. If you don't believe pep guardiola would win it all with the three lions you might as well believe Diego Maradona could have won the world with la roja in 2010 if he was their coach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

All right then. Ibime already did justice to the reason why they didnt win anything. Its not really about the coaches. Its the players. They never had an all rounder balanced team. When the had good CB's like Terry, Ferdinand, good midfielders like Gerrard and Lamps; they were lacking in the forward deparment and on the wings.

Even when they were almost getting it right, they had the rugged Italian team, a more balanced German team to contend with.

If you look at the Italian team that won the World Cup. Grosso, Toni, Materazzi, Perotta, Camorensi, Zambrotta and Gattuso all started in the final . None of them were better than the players England had in those positions - Gattuso is the only one for which this could even be debated. The talent they had was insane, its a shame the coaching decisions were very poor. The only team head and shoulders above England in terms of players was France and even then their best player was already Old. Just to drive my point home here's the four semi-finalists from 2006. Its glaringly obvious that 3 of these teams were not as talented on paper as the England team from that period was.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:

What is with this constant disrespect for pep guardiola self?pep guardiola can use every Tom dick and Harry that's why players like gudjoshen, seydou keita,pique, slyvinho were all pats of his all dominating barca side. And in no world were the Spanish players you mentioned above were superior in quality to the English players mentioned by Rooney. What was the difference between them was the coach that's why Rooney rightly opined a brilliant coach like pep guardiola would virtually win it all with them just the way he did with barca.The 3 lions has always paraded some of the finest players in the world over the years but their greatest undoing is always mediocre coaches. If you don't believe pep guardiola would win it all with the three lions you might as well believe Diego Maradona could have won the world with la roja in 2010 if he was their coach.
this your pep hype is getting too much.
You think national team coaching is the same with club coaching?
You think coaches have the luxury to pick anybody they like from anywhere.
You think they have everyday to train players to play the way they want?

Even pep knows that he can't try the national team job. Rohr will look like a world class coach when compared to him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
SkimpleD:
Big congratulations Bishop Airmark. cool

The church family is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevailed. cheesy

Bring the baby to us for proper dedication. cool with a big envelope you know. We don’t accept rams undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Krest nko?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:

You obviously didn't get my point when I said pep can't use every Tom, dick and harry. we all know Pep has a pattern he prefers to play which has been why he's won everything he's won. Those players you mentioned- Keita, Pique etc fit in into his playing style. Now look at what happened when he got to city....before he even got to city he already made it known Joe Hart won't be a starter. By the time he won his first league he had weeded out most players he feel won't fit into his team.

He is good coach no doubt, but you think he can overhaul the team like that in a national team ? Where will he get the players from?

Of what use will Guardiola brilliant tactics be when the players can't execute his style? Abi you think Lampard, Gerrad will pass , pass , pass and not shoot like Guardiola will want ?

See Rooney just dey talk based on how high he valued those players, he's not considering the quality of players available in other countries around that same period.

I refuse to believe he would've won world cup and Euros with that England team with teams like Spain having players popping up in the balon d'or that same period
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

If you look at the Italian team that won the World Cup. Grosso, Toni, Materazzi, Perotta, Camorensi, Zambrotta and Gattuso all started in the final . None of them were better than the players England had in those positions - Gattuso is the only one for which this could even be debated. The talent they had was insane, its a shame the coaching decisions were very poor. The only team head and shoulders above England in terms of players was France and even then their best player was already Old. Just to drive my point home here's the four semi-finalists from 2006. Its glaringly obvious that 3 of these teams were not as talented on paper as the England team from that period was.

Are you for real? Indulge me please. Post the England starting 11 Lets see.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
The ucl is about to start now.

Which teams do you think are favorites to win the CL?

No be when time reach now, we go begin argue on who be favorites before the league start.

Mine:
Manchester City
Liverpool
Barcelona
Juventus
PSG

Cc Ibime, airmark, afrodoc2, nihilistjnr, Unlimited22, raumdeuter and others
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Are you for real? Indulge me please. Post the England starting 11 Lets see.
England had the best players all in their prime, some of whom were genuinely world class

Here you go.
Paul Robinson
Owen Hargreaves
Rio Ferdinand
John Terry
Ashley Cole
Michael Carrick
David Beckham
Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Joe Cole
Wayne Rooney

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:
The ucl is about to start now.

Which teams do you think are favorites to win the CL?

No be when time reach now, we go begin argue on who be favorites before the league start.

Mine:
Manchester City
Liverpool
Barcelona
Juventus
PSG

Cc Ibime, airmark, afrodoc2, nihilistjnr, Unlimited22, raumdeuter and others

Liverpool
PSG
Real Madrid
Juventus
Man city
Barcelona
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
"Sanchez… I felt him [to be] not a happy man," he said to The Telegraph . "And I think in every job you have when you are not happy it is not so easy to perform at every level. And maybe I am wrong. Maybe it was me who was not capable to get into him and to get the best out of him.
"As a manager sometimes you have the capacity to get the best out of the players and other times you are not successful in that approach. But the reality is that I always felt [of Sanchez], ‘a sad man’. So probably in Italy he will recover this. I hope he can. I always wish well to every player.”
While Sanchez is hoping to find his form at a new club, Mourinho is still out of work since he was sacked by United last December.
The 56-year-old admits that he had the chance to sign a lucrative offer from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande, but he is looking for a different challenge as he plots his return to the game.
“It would be the record [salary] in the history of football managers by far," he said when asked about the offer from the Chinese
Super League outfit. "[But the job was] not for me.
“For sure my next job will be a difficult one because I am very bad at choosing projects. I am either bad at choosing projects or the bad projects choose me. But it is always the same.
"When I go to Madrid, it is because Madrid are in trouble. When I go to United it is because United are in trouble.
"When I go to Chelsea the first time it is because they haven’t won the league in 50 years. When I go the second time it is because their top team disappeared and they want to be champions with a new team.
"When I go to Inter it is because they haven’t won the Champions League for 50 years.
“I have never had one of these clubs where it is: ‘Come on, the team is here ready’. But that is the nature of things. When the teams change coaches in the middle of the season it is for a reason. It is because of bad results.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (7678) (7679) (7680) (7681) (7682) (7683) (7684) ... (19133) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WhoDeyHause and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.