Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10622078 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7679) (7680) (7681) (7682) (7683) (7684) (7685) ... (19269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2019
airmark:

Liverpool PSG Real Madrid Juventus Man city Barcelona
OK
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Go and read the entire interview of Rooney then come back. He was talking about England golden generation which was from 2003 to 2010 which consisted of scholes, Rooney, Lampard,terry,James, Ferdinand, Gerrard,Cole, Campbell, Neville,Owen,becks etc Compare that to Spain generation from 2008 to 2014 Man to man and Spain don't even come close. The summary of the point rooney was driving at was put that golden generation under a coach like Guardiola and they would have dominated.
Generation of hype
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
A40:
Generation of hype
Who do you feel was hyped?

Ashley Cole, best left back in the game.

Rio/Terry 2 of the best center backs in the game.

Gary Neville, arguably the Premier League’s best ever right-back.

Scholes/Gerrard/Lampard – 3 of the best midfielders in the game.

Beckham the face of football at that time.

Rooney best young player in the world that time.

Squad players like Michael Carrick/Joe Cole
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

England had the best players all in their prime, some of whom were genuinely world class

Here you go.
Paul Robinson
Owen Hargreaves
Rio Ferdinand
John Terry
Ashley Cole
Michael Carrick
David Beckham
Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Joe Cole
Wayne Rooney

Baba u are tripping. The Italian team thay paraded Materazzi and Cannavaro doesn't have players better than John Terry and Ferdinand? shocked

Even Pirlo is better than Carrick....abeg. Buffoon and Robinson shocked

Kai!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Baba u are tripping. The Italian team thay paraded Materazzi and Cannavaro doesn't have players better than John Terry and Ferdinand? shocked

Even Pirlo is better than Carrick....abeg. Buffoon and Robinson shocked

Kai!

Did I mention pirlo,buffon and cannavaro .

Seriously Materazzi better than Ferdinand/Terry cheesy cheesy

Kimbeast:

If you look at the Italian team that won the World Cup. Grosso, Toni, Materazzi, Perotta, Camorensi, Zambrotta and Gattuso all started in the final . None of them were better than the players England had in those positions - Gattuso is the only one for which this could even be debated. The talent they had was insane, its a shame the coaching decisions were very poor. The only team head and shoulders above England in terms of players was France and even then their best player was already Old. Just to drive my point home here's the four semi-finalists from 2006. Its glaringly obvious that 3 of these teams were not as talented on paper as the England team from that period was.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
“What a pleasure it was to play alongside N’Golo!" he said to L'Equipe .
"He is an adorable guy alongside being a fantastic footballer: when we lost the ball, wherever that happened on the pitch, boom, he would appear and win it back for us.
"In training, it was so easy for him that I was convinced that he intentionally gave the ball away sometimes just to enjoy winning it back again.
"One day he said to us that he was seriously considering running to the training centre each day, which came from the fact that he would always add a little running session for himself.
"In the moment, we were all a bit taken aback and convinced him not to. In any case, each time that we saw him arrive at training with his Mini Cooper, we were reassured.”
Kante went head-to-head with his former side in August, as Leicester held Chelsea to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.
And Kante used the opportunity to catch up some old team-mates, including Vardy.
“Last month, after our match at Stamford Bridge, he came to say hello to us in the dressing room," the England international said.
"The first thing that I asked him was: 'Are you still driving your Mini Cooper, mate?' He said to me that he had sent the model that he had at Leicester back to France but that he had bought a new Mini Cooper in the meantime!”
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Did I mention pirlo,buffon and cannavaro .

Seriously Materazzi better than Ferdinand/Terry cheesy cheesy

Okay since you decided to do a Terry/Ferdiand tag team, i put it to you cannavarro is better than either of them.

By the way, u are drifting away from the main discuss which is the fact that Italy had a more balanced team. They had decent players in each position on the Field. Their strikers aren't firing blanks, their defenders don't allow you breathing space and their midfield contains all your firepower in the middle.

That's what wins you trophies. England never had that.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Okay since you decided to do a Terry/Ferdiand tag team, i put it to you cannavarro is better than either of them.

By the way, u are drifting away from the main discuss which is the fact that Italy had a more balanced team. They had decent players in each position on the Field. Their strikers aren't firing blanks, their defenders don't allow you breathing space and their midfield contains all your firepower in the middle.

That's what wins you trophies. England never had that.
The point I was making is that England had the players and talent but not the coach/Management. Then I showed you teams with less talent than England that achieved more during that tournament and Period.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:
“What a pleasure it was to play alongside N’Golo!" he said to L'Equipe .
"He is an adorable guy alongside being a fantastic footballer: when we lost the ball, wherever that happened on the pitch, boom, he would appear and win it back for us.
"In training, it was so easy for him that I was convinced that he intentionally gave the ball away sometimes just to enjoy winning it back again.
"One day he said to us that he was seriously considering running to the training centre each day, which came from the fact that he would always add a little running session for himself.
"In the moment, we were all a bit taken aback and convinced him not to. In any case, each time that we saw him arrive at training with his Mini Cooper, we were reassured.”
Kante went head-to-head with his former side in August, as Leicester held Chelsea to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.
And Kante used the opportunity to catch up some old team-mates, including Vardy.
“Last month, after our match at Stamford Bridge, he came to say hello to us in the dressing room," the England international said.
"The first thing that I asked him was: 'Are you still driving your Mini Cooper, mate?' He said to me that he had sent the model that he had at Leicester back to France but that he had bought a new Mini Cooper in the meantime!”

Funny enough I saw one mini cooper on the island and the first thing that come to my mind is Kante. grin. Since the day i read he drives a mini cooper despite his improved contract at chelsea ,anywhere I see mini cooper my mind automatically goes to him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:
The ucl is about to start now.

Which teams do you think are favorites to win the CL?

No be when time reach now, we go begin argue on who be favorites before the league start.

Mine:
Manchester City
Liverpool
Barcelona
Juventus
PSG

Cc Ibime, airmark, afrodoc2, nihilistjnr, Unlimited22, raumdeuter and others

Liverpool
Man City
PSG
Juventus
Barca
Real Madrid
Ath Madrid
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:

No be when time reach now, we go begin argue on who be favorites before the league start.

Mine:
Manchester City
Liverpool
Barcelona
Juventus
PSG

Juventus, Liverpool, City, Atletico, PSG, Barcelona.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Come on that England squad was stacked. The only edge Spain have Is down to the fact that most of their players were from 2 teams which means the chemistry is already there.England problem was management. That era, they had some of the best players in the world , several players captained their clubs out in Champions League finals, several players who scored in Champions League finals. So there was nothing wrong with talent or the players so you have to say management was the major issue. Individually the talent that England had in the early to mid 2000s was ridiculously good, it just suffered from tactical ineptitude from Sven. You can't shoehorn Lampard and Gerrard into a 442. It's like Mourinho coaching that Spain squad.

Yes, management was poor. That team could do better with good management but it's not a sure bet. Remember Emile Heskey, Darren Bent, Defoe are the striking options whilst wings are left to Joe Cole, Kieron Dyer, SWP. Where management messed up was forcing 4-4-2 formation because Beckham could not play wings in a 4-3-3. That meant shoehorning Gerrard and Lampard into a 2 man midfield which will never work. Left to me, I would play Carrick, Scholes and Lampard in midfield with Gerrard on right-wing. They could have done better with this set-up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
airmark:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Krest nko?
Convert the Krest value for money to Canadian dollars jhoo undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:

Mine:
Manchester City
Liverpool
Barcelona
Juventus
PSG

No1 on this list

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

The point I was making is that England had the players and talent but not the coach/Management. Then I showed you teams with less talent than England that achieved more during that tournament and Period.

Okay what metrics do you use in arriving at the fact they have more talent?

There is Luca Toni that finished highest goal scorer in the serie A with 31 goals leading Italy's attack vs Wayne Rooney that scored 16 in the Epl.

Baba forget that thing. There was nothing special about that England team as at that time. You are only looking back at what some of the players later achieved hence why u think they are shiii back then

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

You have swallowed too much of the English media hype

Lahm was playing Left back around that time and better than Cashley

Rio and Terry? Lol both were carried by better partners in their clubs. The main defenders were Carvalho and Vidic

Gary Neville I watched his career from the beginning, he was fortunate to be part of a good squad, he was what Arbeloa was to the Spanish winning team. On skills as a RB in the current EPL there would be 7 RBs better than him never mind all time. (TAA, current Azpi, Walker, Cancelo, Bissaka, Bellerin, plus any random RB) Truth be told, G Neville was just like Victor Moses

Beckham face of football, Shey na face dem dey take play ball ni?

When was Rooney best young player in the world? I mean which year?, where was C.Ronaldo at that time?

Joke Cole? Shey dat one na player? He was just like Lallana or Townsend

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:
this your pep hype is getting too much.
You think national team coaching is the same with club coaching?
You think coaches have the luxury to pick anybody they like from anywhere.
You think they have everyday to train players to play the way they want?

Even pep knows that he can't try the national team job. Rohr will look like a world class coach when compared to him

No hype is too much for pep guardiola. Till he goes on to dominate with a national side before venturing into golf you will still come up with another excuse like the national team had ready made star, why can't he come and lift world cup with Nigeria etc. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Okay what metrics do you use in arriving at the fact they have more talent?

There is Luca Toni that finished highest goal scorer in the serie A with 31 goals leading Italy's attack vs Wayne Rooney that scored 16 in the Epl.

Baba forget that thing. There was nothing special about that England team as at that time. You are only looking back at what some of the players later achieved hence why u think they are shiii back then
Mbappe going to world cup 2018 was special talk less of Rooney back then in 2006 man please stop tripping. Man for man England was better than most teams in that tournament,poor management and bad luck was their downfall.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Rio and Terry? Lol both were carried by better partners in their clubs. The main defenders were Carvalho and Vidic

Gary Neville I watched his career from the beginning, he was fortunate to be part of a good squad, he was what Arbeloa was to the Spanish winning team. On skills as a RB in the current EPL there would be 7 RBs better than him never mind all time. (TAA, current Azpi, Walker, Cancelo, Bissaka, Bellerin, plus any random RB) Truth be told, G Neville was just like Victor Moses

When was Rooney best young player in the world? I mean which year?, where was C.Ronaldo at that time?

Bwhahahaha you have started. No need to pick players randomly.
Let's go into details and compare. Pick a team from the 2006 world let's compare Man for man with England

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ibime:

No1 on this list
oga ibime!!!! Chai grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Mbappe going to world cup 2018 was special talk less of Rooney back then in 2006 man please stop tripping. Man for man England was better than most teams in that tournament,poor management and bad luck was their downfall.

There's an England starting eleven up there that shows Rooney as top striker. It was on that premise I told you a Luca Toni who scored 31 league goals that season was way better than him as at that time. How Mbappe came into the discussion I may never know.

You keep repeating the same thing the english team was better than other teams but you havent told us what metrics was used to arrive at your assertion.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:
you this man. you are mischievous o.
so, klopp that took over liverpool in november from the shamble that rodgers left it should be blamed for finishing 8th and playing two finals?

I know people at the citadel are not very smart

Out of 38 games in the league in the 2015/16 season, Rodgers coached Liverpool 8 games and Klopp the rest 30 games, So who is to blame?
The man who coached 8 games or the one who coached 30

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
Greatihex:
oga ibime!!!! Chai grin
Ibime na confam south-south man grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Bwhahahaha you have started. No need to pick players randomly.
Let's go into details and compare. Pick a team from the 2006 world let's compare Man for man with England

Pick anyone of Italy France, Portugal Germany Holland Argentina Brazil Spain
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

When was Rooney best young player in the world? I mean which year?, where was C.Ronaldo at that time
?

Judging from euro 2004 Rooney looked better than c.ronaldo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:

No hype is too much for pep guardiola. Till he goes on to dominate with a national side before venturing into golf you will still come up with another excuse like the national team had ready made star, why can't he come and lift world cup with Nigeria etc. cheesy

you are just being emotional.

Even Eruditor that lives in Pep's head know that i am saying the truth. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

Pick anyone of Italy France, Portugal Germany Holland Argentina Brazil Spain
Ok Germany and England. Do a combined 11.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

See when you say best left back, best right back...etc. you have to put a time frame to it. We are talking pre-2006 and 2006 here.

Bellow is FIFPRO XI 2005/2006 and 2006/2007 respectively. Count the England players there and count the Italians there.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
popizaino:
Judging from euro 2004 Rooney looked better than c.ronaldo

I think they were at par in 2004 and by 2006 Ronaldo was already better

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Lehman, Lahm Metzelder Rio, Hargreaves Frings Ballack Gerrard Lampard Klose Rooney
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:

[s] See when you say best left back, best right back...etc. you have to put a time frame to it. We are talking pre-2006 and 2006 here.

Bellow is FIFPRO XI 2005/2006 and 2006/2007 respectively. Count the England players there and count the Italians there. [/s]
We are talking about the England team.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kimbeast:

Italy and England
Buffon, Zambrotta Cannavaro Nesta Cashley Pirlo Gattuso Lampard Gerrard Rooney Totti

(1) (2) (3) ... (7679) (7680) (7681) (7682) (7683) (7684) (7685) ... (19269) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OVA200(m), airmark(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.