Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,167 members, 7,838,991 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10636138 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (19286) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
Airbornelacer! I support you on this... PSG didn't threaten Chelsea much... lipsrsealed

They had like 2 or 3 close calls though but Chelsea failed to materialize on the man & home advantage instead chose to occasionally defend... tongue

That is why Bayern is Bayern n Chelsea is Chelsea... lipsrsealed

The same incident happened on the night but one chose to go onslaught while the other chose to relax n sit back... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Chelsea were just careless.. PSG dint play anything extra-Ordinary..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
AirborneLacer:

I made a valid assertion that PSG never threatened much on the nite, and that we could have won if we weren't complacent..

You were not complacent, Your coach was a coward simple.

You countered, by pointing out the three chances they created as the threats they posed. To which I asked, do you consider three clear cut chances created within 120mins of play to be threatening much?

Dayo at this point, I expected you to launch a way logical rebuttal, not to remind me of what I already know, which is PSG's limited chances was down to the fact that they were a man down.

The fact still remains, PSG never threatened much. And yes, numerical disadvantage must have contributed to that.

So you're obviously saying same thing with me.

A typical CL game between 2 good teams even on a neutral pitch How many chances would you expect any team to have? 50 chances? but when PSG created more chances than the team with the extra man that is an EPIC fail

His profligacy isn't my business. He's a striker, it's his job to score.

We were denied an obvious penalty, should I be making a case for it.

And you were given a soft penalty then you should be making a case for it.

Hehehe

Oga I presume you've been on the pitch before. Do you know how difficult it is to play against 10 disciplined men who are set up to stay compact?

A team that has a man down understands the task that lies before them. Their concentration level heightens and they play more like a unit.

This is PSG we're talking about. Don't go all this dribble this dribble that like it some Sophomore team we're talking about here.

I am sure statistics would have it that a team playing with a man advantage would win the game over 60% of the time. So spare this balderdash of being hard to play with 10 men.

If its easier with 10 men then why were Chelsea players eager to reduce PSG to 10 men? Why wont every team would find a way to reduce its players to 10 so they can have it easier.

If you have stats that show its difficult to play teams with 10 men then put it up

Then again, this isn't some college players we're talking about.
These are professionals who knows how to see off a game with a card.

Moreover, Blanc's men when off the ball were always behind the ball and only pressed when the ball was on their own half. The chances of a second yellow were limited.

RUbbish again. Its well known that a yellow card reduces the ability of a player to get into tackle for fear of copping the second yellow.

Why do coaches remove players on yellow? WHy did Mourinho remove Oscar that was on a yellow? Or is Oscar not professional enough to see out a game?

Mourinho gets my blame, just like the players deserve the blame too.

When players miss chances or cant finish despite domination then the players can be blamed, when you get dominated by a team with lesser men then the coach deserves the blame

But then, Pep should also be branded a disgrace for not beating a 10-man Chelsea side in 2012, despite his team enjoying a large chunk of the possession

Pep's team dominated Chelsea as a team with a man advantage should iit was dogged defending, exceptional goalkeeping and Messi missing a penalty that contributed to that loss

But Mourinho couldnt even get his men to dominate a team that has 10 players, Sirigu didnt even have to make great saves nor the defenders have to make last ditch tackles. PSG was barely threatened all night.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
dyabman:

Give me a direct answer to this question , is mourinho a winner or a loser ? A) Yes B) No .

he is surely a winner! one of the most successful coaches in this present era!
but that's not the bone of contention here!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bimffo:

So How did PSG dominated

Chelsea committed more fouls, Chelsea had less possession. I remember 3 clear cut chances for PSG, Cavani, Lavezzi, and Thiago Silva. I cant remember any Chelsea clear cut chance

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
homesteady:

he is surely a winner! one of the most successful coaches in this present era!
but that's not the bone of contention here!

So phocck whatever you saying or analyzing on how he wins a game or sets up a team.. For damn sake he's no Harry rednapp or Martin jol , he said it all that mentally psg were more prepared than Chelsea if they are to play with 5 man down though game will be over but will still play with their hearts that's just the difference on that night bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bimffo:
Chelsea were just careless.. PSG dint play anything extra-Ordinary..

Taaaa! you sef talk true na!

You must give them credit for their composure when they were with the ball!
they were not afraid to take on chelsea players!
they were even more comfortable playing risky passes in high pressure areas

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
dyabman:

So phocck whatever you saying or analyzing on how he wins a game or sets up a team.. For damn sake he's no Harry rednapp or Martin jol , he said it all that mentally psg were more prepared than Chelsea if they are to play with 5 man down though game will be over but will still play with their hearts that's just the difference on that night bro

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
raumdeuter:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31816148

PSG did not dominate possession with 10 men.

They dominated possession with 11 men by 65% to 35% or so.

The final result of 51 - 49 is because we clawed back the possession stats when they went down to 10 men.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ibime:

PSG did not dominate possession with 10 men.

They dominated possession with 11 men by 65% to 35% or so.

The final result of 51 - 49 is because we clawed back the possession stats when they went down to 10 men.

I dont know the break down but the game was 11 vs 11 for 30mins Thats like 1/4 of the entire match

So if Chelsea played 3/4 of the match with a man advantage and PSG still shaded it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
AirborneLacer:

But then, Pep should also be branded a disgrace for not beating a 10-man Chelsea side in 2012, despite his team enjoying a large chunk of the possession.

Not just a large chunk of the possession, they were also 2 goals up.

Homesteady and Coded1 I want you both to tell me how we scored 2 goals if all we did was sit back

P.S Our Leader too was sent off

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Not just a large chunk of the possession, they were also 2 goals up.

Homesteady and Coded1 I want you both to tell me how we scored 2 goals if all we did was seat back

P.S Our Leader too was sent off

But Drogba remained... tongue

And what's up with packing the bus... angry grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
So many people here who take same diet as Carrahger cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 5:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
coded01:

But Drogba remained... tongue

And what's up with packing the bus... angry grin

you don't have anything to say really
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Tval:
So many people here who take same diet as Carrahger cheesy cheesy

PSG says hi... grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
JigsawKillah:

But Cavani remained

And Costa played 120 mins... shocked grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
raumdeuter:

I dont know the break down but the game was 11 vs 11 for 30mins Thats like 1/4 of the entire match

So if Chelsea played 3/4 of the match with a man advantage and PSG still shaded it.

No, if you crunch the numbers assuming 65-35 at 30 mins, possession was 54% in Chelseas favour against 10 men

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
JigsawKillah:

you don't have anything to say really

tongue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
coded01:

PSG says hi... grin grin
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
SMH i no blame una,na the chelsea fans wey dey reply una i blame, meanwhile

IN MOVING FORWARD MATTERS

is matic fit for our next gamehe came off with his legs looking unsure in our last one,is he fit?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
^^^ Southampton ready to continue from where PSG stopped... tongue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
coded01:
^^^ Southampton ready to continue from where PSG stopped... tongue grin
Oga , still can not take away the champions league chelsea won ... abi chelsea no beat barca ? grin grin
how e go be against city for camp nou ? OLUWAMESSI omo mi to sure grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
raumdeuter:

You were not complacent, Your coach was a coward simple.

What made him a coward?

If you were Mou, what would you have done to secure a win?

raumdeuter: A typical CL game between 2 good teams even on a neutral pitch How many chances would you expect any team to have? 50 chances? but when PSG created more chances than the team with the extra man that is an EPIC fail

Oga you're digressing.

Would you consider three chances created within 120mins of play as threatening much?

raumdeuter: And you were given a soft penalty then you should be making a case for it.

Not when I would have done better to secure qualification to the next round.

raumdeuter: I am sure statistics would have it that a team playing with a man advantage would win the game over 60% of the time. So spare this balderdash of being hard to play with 10 men.

If its easier with 10 men then why were Chelsea players eager to reduce PSG to 10 men? Why wont every team would find a way to reduce its players to 10 so they can have it easier.

If you have stats that show its difficult to play teams with 10 men then put it up

Dayo are you high on pepsi?

Where in my post did I assert that it's easier to play with 10men? And what's with all these fixation with stats?.

raumdeuter: RUbbish again. Its well known that a yellow card reduces the ability of a player to get into tackle for fear of copping the second yellow.

Why do coaches remove players on yellow? WHy did Mourinho remove Oscar that was on a yellow? Or is Oscar not professional enough to see out a game?

Oga apply better logic abeg.

Every manager has a reason for every call he makes.

I'm yet to read a rule that states, ''Once a player is booked, he surely has to be substituted''.

How often do you see managers substitute a defender who's having a good game cos he just got booked?

The manager believes that as a professional, the defender can see off the game with the booking, unless there are other serious reasons to make the change.

In Chelsea's case, the ref was out to even the numbers having wrongly sent off Zlatan, Oscar was piss-poor, he was making needless tackles and wasn't contributing anything meaningful to the game, Jose had every reason to sub him for Willian.

Yesterday, I analysed to you how Blanc's 4-3-3 works. Hazard wasn't just Verrati's meal to consume. It was a combo of Veratti and Marquinhos against Hazard.

So how Hazard go carry dribble go commit Veratti who had a side-kick in Marquinhos?

raumdeuter: When players miss chances or cant finish despite domination then the players can be blamed, when you get dominated by a team with lesser men then the coach deserves the blame

When the team with a man down have at their disposal players who are technically better than their opposition, would you still blame the manager for not dominating the game?

raumdeuter: Pep's team dominated Chelsea as a team with a man advantage should iit was dogged defending, exceptional goalkeeping and Messi missing a penalty that contributed to that loss

But Mourinho couldnt even get his men to dominate a team that has 10 players, Sirigu didnt even have to make great saves nor the defenders have to make last ditch tackles. PSG was barely threatened all night.

And this exempts the players from getting blamed too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:37pm On Mar 13, 2015
AirborneLacer:
What made him a coward?

If you were Mou, what would you have done to secure a win?

I stated this yesterday. He played safe even when he had a man advantage . PSG main striker was out yet he had multiple defenders on the field. Push Cahill into midfield since both Chelsea CB were unoccupied

I would take out Ramires and bring in Cuadrado, I would take out Costa and put in Remy, Then Oscar would leave too

Oga you're digressing.
Would you consider three chances created within 120mins of play as threatening much?
3 chances vs a top team like Chelsea is threatening enough. In top games teams dont just get chances like pure water. WHen Chelsea played Man City last month, how many chances did both sides have?

A team down 10 men and still created 3 clear cut chances while the opponent barely created any can be said to have dominated

Not when I would have done better to secure qualification to the next round.

Dayo are you high on pepsi?
Where in my post did I assert that it's easier to play with 10men? And what's with all these fixation with stats?.

Man lie, woman lie stats dont lie,. EVery team would rather have their opponents play a man down. Its an extremely difficult thing to play over 90mins with a man down. Thats like starting the whole game with a man disadvantage. Under every condition, Its a far easier task to play vs 10 men

Oga apply better logic abeg.
Every manager has a reason for every call he makes.
I'm yet to read a rule that states, ''Once a player is booked, he surely has to be substituted''.

You can continue to weave from pillar to post, but every one knows once a player gets a yellow, He is a potential weakness in the lineup as he cant tackle properly and any small incident can get him sent off

Yesterday, I analysed to you how Blanc's 4-3-3 works. Hazard wasn't just Verrati's meal to consume. It was a combo of Veratti and Marquinhos against Hazard.

So how Hazard go carry dribble go commit Veratti who had a side-kick in Marquinhos?

If Hazard was occupied by Verrati and Marquinhos, wouldnt his intelligence make him realise, Fabregas, Willian, Oscar would be free?

WHen Hazard attacks, and is occupied by 2 players, where does that leave his full back Azpilicueta for the overlap or where does that leave his midfield Fabregas Oscar, Matic would outnumber Motta and Matuidi?

PSG has 9 outfield players against Chelseas 10

When the team with a man down have at their disposal players who are technically better than their opposition, would you still blame the manager for not dominating the game?

Was PSG technically better than CHelsea? If Barcelona was playing Elche and got a red card we can say the game was even

On Paper Chelsea was better than PSG or at worst equal, a red card gives Chelsea the overwhelming advantage. Failure to capitalize is on the coach.

And this exempts the players from getting blamed too?

A coach is to create play that would increase his chances of winning, Mourinho did nothing to either win the game or take advantage of the man up.

In summary he failed and woefully too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
What is all this noise about Jose......... Guardiola was leading a chelsea team that ended the league 7th by 2 goals with a man down and ended up playing a draw.....mourinho couldn't beat the most expensive team in ucl after madrid and there z all these ..... When cfc won at barca, we were praised , no one said barca was poor...... But now cfc is poor for no beating psg, plsssss............ Football is Football, shit happens...... They played without ibra with 11 men nd lost 2 nil.........

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
The Premier Experience. Its an interesting but very long article written by an ESPN Sports Journalist; www.espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12448117/the-premier-experience
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
This is the same Mourinho that was getting praised when his RM team, on the verge of losing to United, got Nani red-carded and immediately Mourinho capitalised and won that game 2-1. I don't know who is trying to defend the indefensible. The fact remains that Mourinho is getting more paranoid as he ages. He didn't capitalise on PSGs handicap and Chelsea were roundly outplayed by the away team on the day (I would put a period here)

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 12:26am On Mar 14, 2015
Why all the noise sef? It was clear JM was worried about the game even before it with all his comments about PSG being 'aggressive' and all that.

It worked for him in getting Ibra sent off, but unfortunately the 'world class' defenders called Cahill and Terry couldn't organise a simple defence to guard against headed goals even when facing 10 men.

That's the long and short of the story. Move on. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:29am On Mar 14, 2015
debosky:
Why all the noise sef? It was clear JM was worried about the game even before it with all his comments about PSG being 'aggressive' and all that.

It worked for him in getting Ibra sent off, but unfortunately the 'world class' defenders called Cahill and Terry couldn't organise a simple defence to guard against headed goals even when facing 10 men.

That's the long and short of the story. Move on. grin

christ!
d-ebola is still alive? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 8:32am On Mar 14, 2015
Mourinho's response to sky pundits duo Jamie and Graeme sourness for calling Chelsea players gamesmanship a cheat.. “Envy is the biggest tribute that the shadows do to a man. It’s about life.” grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:08am On Mar 14, 2015
coogar:

christ!
d-ebola is still alive? shocked shocked shocked

Very much alive. Just been busy providing blood plasma to ebola survivors worldwide. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:28am On Mar 14, 2015
debosky:

Very much alive. Just been busy providing blood plasma to ebola survivors worldwide. grin

Close those teeth jere , which kain blood you get wey you dey give people Mtcheeewww bat blood tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (19286) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, afrodoc2 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.