Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,403 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10503693 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8641) (8642) (8643) (8644) (8645) (8646) (8647) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
obainojazz:
Trump was the first leader to act, doctors are happy he banned travel from China early before other countries did.. He never called it Democrats hoax too.. even Trump shared the video of what he said, but trust the media to twist it.. Americans travel a lot and they don't hear word.. new York governor does not listen to Trump.. look at what's happening there.

Trump was not the first to act anything

Democrats were slow to attack Trump on his lackadaisical attitude to the virus until he trumped them with the travel ban.

The travel ban was late, but draconian for a reason - to steal back the political argument from the democrats

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ibime:

Trump was not the first to act anything

Democrats were slow to attack Trump on his lackadaisical attitude to the virus until he trumped them with the travel ban.

The travel ban was late, but draconian for a reason - to steal back the political argument from the democrats
But America was the first to ban travel from China and even when WHO said it was still okay to travel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
obainojazz:
But America was the first to ban travel from China and even when WHO said it was still okay to travel.

Go and check the nonsense Trump was saying until late February, downplaying Corona as just a flu

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ibime:

Go and check the nonsense Trump was saying until late February, downplaying Corona as just a flu

Trump blew this one, any honest supporter should be honest enough to admit it. At the onset, he delegated leadership of the COVID-19 response to Vice President M. Pence, a man renowned not to believe in science. This is a man, who as Governor of Indiana said "I'm going to go home and pray on it" before making a decision regarding a needle exchange program for drug abusers when Indiana was being ravaged with HIV/AIDS. His delayed response led to the infection of more than 200 more people. I am Christian, a proud/strong Catholic at that, but I did not need anyone to tell me that Pence's response was horrible and this was the man initially assigned to head the response team?

Trump and members of his cabinet were going on TV including Dr. Ben Carson on CBS to dismiss the virus a a mere flu and encouraged us to continue with our daily lives. People were still embarking on cruise ships despite the fact they returned with the virus and when Carson was asked what the plan was for those returning on the cruise ship? He claimed they would have one in 72 hours. He was reminded the ship was docking in less than 4 hours, he realized he had goofed and said, we will have it by then. This is a member of the president's cabinet!

Everything was late! We should absolutely not be in this mess!!! He politicized this virus as an attempt by the Democrats to distract him 2nd term campaigns! This man was warned about this virus in January!!!!! Our old people are dying in their droves and their dead bodies treated like carcass! We had time to prepare, we had time to trigger the emergency plan before the virus arrived the US. His disgust for China made him stop travels to China but he forgot people were returning from cruise ships with the virus...

Now he is fighting the WHO!!!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
Roland17:

Trump blew this one, any honest supporter should be honest enough to admit it. At the onset, he delegated leadership of the COVID-19 response to Vice President M. Pence, a man renowned not to believe in science. This is a man, who as Governor of Indiana said "I'm going to go home and pray on it" before making a decision regarding a needle exchange program for drug abusers when Indiana was being ravaged with HIV/AIDS. His delayed response led to the infection of more than 200 more people. I am Christian, a proud/strong Catholic at that, but I did not need anyone to tell me that Pence's response was horrible and this was the man initially assigned to head the response team?

Trump and members of his cabinet were going on TV including Dr. Ben Carson on CBS to dismiss the virus a a mere flu and encouraged us to continue with our daily lives. People were still embarking on cruise ships despite the fact they returned with the virus and when Carson was asked what the plan was for those returning on the cruise ship? He claimed they would have one in 72 hours. He was reminded the ship was docking in less than 4 hours, he realized he had goofed and said, we will have it by then. This is a member of the president's cabinet!

Everything was late! We should absolutely not be in this mess!!! He politicized this virus as an attempt by the Democrats to distract him 2nd term campaigns! This man was warned about this virus in January!!!!! Our old people are dying in their droves and their dead bodies treated like carcass! We had time to prepare, we had time to trigger the emergency plan before the virus arrived the US. His disgust for China made him stop travels to China but he forgot people were returning from cruise ships with the virus...

@bolded, this is beyond ridiculous.

A whole Dr. Ben Carson, who should know better and better placed to at least tender some advice on this virus pandemic, reduced to this level?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
Roland17:

Perhaps to even take attention away from the botched impeachment trial at the Senate and assert some victim mentality to garner sympathy from the supporters, whereas the enemy(Covid-19) was at the gate.

This one he's fighting with Governor Andrew Cuomo, is even ridiculous.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
I heard fire entered one of the govt office just caught fire

seankafor
You don read this about Chinas treatment of Africans

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-52211995
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
raumdeuter:
I heard fire entered one of the govt office just caught fire

seankafor
You don read this about Chinas treatment of Africans

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-52211995
if na wetin those chinkos do, dem no try at all.. but I think the news might have been exaggerated.

As for the fire incident.. I guess I will wait and hear from the accountant general before I jump into conclusions.
Many things can cause fire outbreaks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
@ larride, help me thank Buhari for completing Lagos-Ibadan project, first dual carriage standard gauge railway in Nigeria, from Lagos to Ibadan. Just watched the video now. cool

He should use same energy to secure the lives of Nigerians as the C-in-C.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
Roland17:

By the time Trump finish spinning this thing, his supporters will believe he is the one who took Covid serious while others were joking with it. His only focus in January and February was in keeping the stockmarket climbing as he was basing his 2nd term campaign on the economy.

I only blame the Democrats for not attacking him strongly in January and February. They were too busy with their internal elections

Now Trump has stolen the narrative. All this finger-pointing at China and WHO is just to steal the narrative back.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
airmark:
@ larride, help me thank Buhari for STARTING and completing Lagos-Ibadan project, first dual carriage standard gauge railway in Nigeria, from Lagos to Ibadan. Just watched the video now. cool

He should use same energy to secure the lives of Nigerians as the C-in-C.

Fixed. You welcome.

I will relay your concerns. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ibime:

By the time Trump finish spinning this thing, his supporters will believe he is the one who took Covid serious while others were joking with it. His only focus in January and February was in keeping the stockmarket climbing as he was basing his 2nd term campaign on the economy.

I only blame the Democrats for not attacking him strongly in January and February. They were too busy with their internal elections

Now Trump has stolen the narrative. All this finger-pointing at China and WHO is just to steal the narrative back.

Rather than act decisively, trump went to continue playing gulf.
Even when the virus had started getting severe, rather than lead by example via the safe public health practices, he continued to shake hands with all and sundry.
Trump is definitely the most divisive leader in our generation.

He creates and supports all sorts of false dramatic conspiracy theories and his gullible base guzzles it all.
Not to talk of his brazen corruption, his family's wealth will definitely quadruple after his stay in office. The fact Americans don't react negatively about his children holding executive financial positions surprises me.
I definitely don't see him winning reelection.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
What is up with everyone afraid of 5g and creating controversial about it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
donjazet:

Rather than act decisively, trump went to continue playing gulf.
Even when the virus had started getting severe, rather than lead by example via the safe public health crisis, he continued to shake hands with all and sundry.
Trump is definitely the most divisive leader in our generation.

He creates and supports all sorts of false dramatic conspiracy theories and his gullible base guzzles it all.
Not to talk of his brazen corruption, his family's wealth will definitely quadruple after his stay in office. The fact Americans don't react negatively about his children holding executive financial positions surprises me.
Trump is definitely and I mean 100% winning re-election. There is no credible opposition to challenge Trump.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
Godx:
dummies who wished we were stuck in stone age embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Melvyn11:

Trump is definitely and I mean 100% winning re-election. There is no credible opposition to challenge Trump.

It will most likely be a repeat of 2016.

Bernie supporters will sit this one out again. Those ones will rather see Trump wins than vote for a moderate Democrat.

Unless Bernie declare support for Biden early and not leave it late like he did in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
Godx:

It's a combination of lack of understanding and conspiracy theorists. Some people think 5g causes cancer, which isn't true and there's also a conspiracy theory that 5G is the cause or helps transmit Covid-19 which is also a lie.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
larride:

Bernie supporters will sit this one out again. Those ones will rather see Trump wins than vote for a moderate Democrat.

Unless Bernie declare support for Biden early and not leave it late like he did in 2016.
Will they even be swayed by that? The Sanders fan are very loyal and it's either Bernie or no one else to them. Trump confidence should be sky high.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
larride:

Even if Bernie declares support for Biden, his supporters are totally different from your typical Democrat supporters. They are mostly young college students with strong liberal views. Most will rather stay away from voting than support a moderate or right leaning democrat. This is the problem most Democrats have with having Bernie run/ campaign under the Democratic party.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
Melvyn11:

This is the reality on ground.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
donjazet:

Trump will definitely win reelection. His mastery of media is unrivalled. Don't underestimate the stüpidity of Americans.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 8:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Melvyn11:

It's a combination of lack of understanding and conspiracy theorists. Some people think 5g causes cancer, which isn't true and there's also a conspiracy theory that 5G is the cause or helps transmit Covid-19 which is also a lie.
People believe it to such a degree that some are actually burning the towers down in Europe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 8:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
donjazet:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
Roland17:

Even if Bernie declares support for Biden, his supporters are totally different from your typical Democrat supporters. They are mostly young college students with strong liberal views. Most will rather stay away from voting than support a moderate or right leaning democrat. This is the problem most Democrats have with having Bernie run/ campaign under the Democratic party.

It begs the question why Bernie didn’t take the option of running as an independent candidate.

The truth is both Bernie and the Democrat party needs each other but it seems Democrats have settled for Biden.

If Biden picks a candidate like Elizabeth Warren or Andrew Yang as VP, it might boost his chances among liberals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
Godx:

People believe it to such a degree that some are actually burning the towers down in Europe.
I have always been of the opinion that anyone who takes conspiracy theory seriously either lacks common sense or logic. One of the biggest breakouts of Covid is in Iran, which doesn’t even have a single 5G tower.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
Roland17:

This is the reality on ground.
I don't know why Americans hate Trump so much I actually like the guy. I can't decide who has been treated worst between Obama and Trump.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
Melvyn11:

I don't know why Americans hate Trump so much I actually like the guy. I can't decide who has been treated worst between Obama and Trump.
that's generalization.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ibime:

Guy just buy any antibiotic and keep. My sister who is a nurse was just relating me now now how 3 of her Naija classmates now based in Yankee caught Covid in early January and thought they had malaria that comes with cough. One had flown to Naija on leave just after falling sick and his sister who is a nurse got him antimalaria and antibiotics and he recovered on the 4th day. Couple weeks later the other one said he has the same problem and was treated with the same thing. The last one na him yawa gas. He spent two weeks in ITU under intubation. They convinced the doctors he might have malaria in his blood and he was treated in ITU with antimalarials and antibiotics. He finally made a recovery. Na now them they put 2 and 2 together that they must have had Covid.

Thanks IB! Na Chlamydia level we finally use get azithromycin online o.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
Melvyn11:

I have always been of the opinion that anyone who takes conspiracy theory seriously either lacks common sense or logic. One of the biggest breakouts of Covid is in Iran, which doesn’t even have a single 5G tower.

Don't be surprised at the number of people who actually fall under this category. You have been around these streets long enough to know that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
diggz:

Thanks IB! Na Chlamydia level we finally use get azithromycin online o.

So diggz you get chlamydia, shey na Grace give you

Diggz da digga

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

So diggz you get chlamydia, shey na Grace give you

Diggz da digga

Lol...you get any other means wey person fit get antibiotics? Abeg no time o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8641) (8642) (8643) (8644) (8645) (8646) (8647) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dostr4(m), dcrested(m), Unlimited22, StarchAndBanga and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.