Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office (39479 Views)

Hushpuppi: AGF’s Office Exonerates Abba Kyari Of Money Laundering Allegation / FG May Outlaw Yoruba Nation Group, Like IPOB – AGF Office / Amotekun: Akeredolu Replies Malami, Says Laws Are Not Made In AGF’s Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Yenefer(f): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Clem Agba, minister of state for budget and planning, says the fire that gutted the office of the accountant-general of the federation (AGF) did not destroy any record.

On Wednesday, fire broke out at the Treasury House, a building housing the AGF’s office.

Officials of the Federal Fire Service and National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) were able to put out the fire after about an hour later.

Many had alleged that the fire was an attempt to cover up wrongdoing by the federal government.

But speaking with journalists after inspecting the affected offices in Abuja, Agba said they are yet to take an inventory of what was destroyed in the fire but all the government’s financial transactions were intact.

The minister said the fire was caused by a spark in one of the air conditioners (AC) on the fourth floor.

“We have gone round the rooms and offices where the fire affected, and I am glad to report that our data Centre where all our records are kept are fully intact,” he said.

“There is no destruction, so we haven’t lost any record. As a government I want to assure you that our records are intact, a few documents are burnt, we haven’t started recovery to check what actually burnt, but all our financial transactions are intact.

“We would be doing a full scale investigation using the right professionals to determine exactly what happened.”

Also speaking, Ahmed Idris, AGF, said there would be a “thorough” investigation of the incident.

“For emphasis, our data Centre is intact, no harm in any way except for the cooling system which we are now working hard to put back to operation,” Idris said.

“We are also glad there is no casualty.”
https://www.thecable.ng/fire-didnt-destroy-any-record-at-agfs-office-says-minister/amp?__twitter_impression=true

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by bedspread: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
That's Great to hear but let's not later hear that Maybe this or that happened

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by seunlayi(m): 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2020

Àjẹ́ ké là na, ọmọ kú loni, tani kò mọ wípé Àjẹ́ lọ pá ọmọ.

I will blame those that asked for probe into the convid19 funds.

Thank God the whole world heard it now that no vital docs were destroyed.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by ghettokid1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
Hope they will not turn around and say it destroyed $1bn?

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by majamajic(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
OHH , thank God !

5 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Corrinthians(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
When, AS EXPECTED, everyone who has sworn to see nothing good in this government went to town with their freshly made vuvuzelas, screaming that it was an arson meant to cover up corruption, I asked myself, HOW THE HECK DO THEY KNOW? Were they involved in the planning or something?

I especially asked, what if it comes out no important records were destroyed, what would be their next line of thought? It smacks of complete illiteracy thinking ALL THE OFFICES IN THE COMPLEX ARE USED FOR THE PURPOSES OF STORING IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

But I guess their hate will always get the best of them. Logic long departed their minds. What they have is an empty space that gets nourished with hate from time to time.

Today is one of such times.

63 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by ghettokid1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
bedspread:
That's Great to hear but let's not later hear that Maybe this or that happened
This Is Nigeria oga, get ready to hear otherwise

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by seunmsg(m): 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2020

“We have gone round the rooms and offices where the fire affected, and I am glad to report that our data Centre where all our records are kept are fully intact,” he said.

“There is no destruction, so we haven’t lost any record. As a government I want to assure you that our records are intact, a few documents are burnt, we haven’t started recovery to check what actually burnt, but all our financial transactions are intact.

Even with the above explanation, some diehard wailers would still come and argue that the building was burnt down because someone somewhere had stolen all the Covid-19 donations. They think we’re still in the 70’s and 80’s where people can steal money and then burn down the building to destroy the records of the theft.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Miner13: 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
how did you know what cause the fire?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Deltayankeeboi: 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
Corrinthians:
[s] When, AS EXPECTED, everyone who has sworn to see nothing good in this government went to town with their freshly made vuvuzelas, screaming that it was an arson meant to cover up corruption, I asked myself, HOW THE HECK DO THEY KNOW? Were they involved in the planning or something?

I especially asked, what if it comes out no important records were destroyed, what would be their next line of thought? It smacks of complete illiteracy thinking ALL THE OFFICES IN THE COMPLEX ARE USED FOR THE PURPOSES OF STORING IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

But I guess their hate will always get the best of them. Logic long departed their minds. What they have is an empty space that gets nourished with hate from time to time.

Today is one of such times. [/s]

Always talking shit. You have lost all your brain cells and sanity defending a failed government.

188 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by sammyj: 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
grin

3 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
By the time Buhari and his cohorts will finish with this country . Na that time we go know what's up. Buhari government is the most useless one in the history of mankind. In Fela voice --- Dem wan do government magic.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by kponkedenge(m): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
You people can lie as much as you want. You guys want to burn all the records so there won't be any trace of when you guys divert the funds to your personal account.

By now our wealthy citizens like Dangote, Otedola and co should know better than dashing this useless government billions of naira to siphon.

How does an office under lock down catch fire immediately funds for Covid-19 is released to them.

This country is useless.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
hahaa What a comic relief....

Should w called this rebuttal , refutal or rejoinder?

How Did fire got to that office in the first place?

Who else is satisfied with false impression and staying at home

Slap Like below

10 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by TGM2015: 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Shame to those who have accuse the government of deliberately causing the fire to cover up fraud.

I know most of the processee and documentations in the office are electronic base. Believing that if at all there would be any documents that maybe lost, it would not be on finance.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by TechCapon(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
grin

Believe at your own peril

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by sylve11: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Yenefer:

https://www.thecable.ng/fire-didnt-destroy-any-record-at-agfs-office-says-minister/amp?__twitter_impression=true

What type of Oxymoronic statement is this?

I want to assure the poor masses that this news is of no use to them.

God dey.. sad cool

14 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Etizz: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Pls wait oh, is the office a bank, I don't understand how people go around shouting money is gone....u mean those who donated submitted physical cash ? Oh pls

2 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by evansjeff(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
angry

Some souls on this Nairaland are just too pathetic, too negative, too bitter. I wonder how you guys live your normal lives filled with bitterness. Tufiakwa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Jack500: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Where are the wailers and all those already linking it to covid fund embezzlement, hide your face

2 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by sapientia(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Better oo

Better
Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by medTechworld(f): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Funny country...

1 Like

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by hisexcellency34: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
big fat lie

2 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Onota: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Even the entire building is burnt, you can still retrieve your data if you have saved them in the cloud

4 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by davedpo(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Let's give them some time to rearrange their lies again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by erico2k2(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Corrinthians:
When, AS EXPECTED, everyone who has sworn to see nothing good in this government went to town with their freshly made vuvuzelas, screaming that it was an arson meant to cover up corruption, I asked myself, HOW THE HECK DO THEY KNOW? Were they involved in the planning or something?

Today is one of such times.
Ok we af heard, but wait a minute how about if this was a knee jerk reaction of public outcry to what they were about to really announce?? wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by Augustinaz(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
...some documents were burnt. Dem dey use tactics to talk say them don destroy important financial documents.

16 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by ojuafact: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
I am still waiting for lai Mohammed to give a detailed explanation

7 Likes

Re: Clem Agba: Fire Didn’t Destroy Any Record At AGF’s Office by allanphash7(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Yinmu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President-elect Bola Tinubu Meets With North West Governors At Defence House / Pictures From Boko Haram Massacre In Dalori (Viewer Discretion) / Tribunal Sacks Alex Egbona, APC House Of Representative Member In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.