Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,063 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10636404 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (19286) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
pamcode:
easy bro no fallacies here, On the question about winning they won one tho that was in the sixties, mind you only eight countries haswon the world cup so that removes nothing i hope.

Now to challenge England has been in six quarterfinals, and has finished fourth at italy 1990, Also since world cup started England has been in 14 out of 20 world cups since they entered in 1950 and have only failedto qualify thrice, to that challenge as England cannot be seen as push-overs in

You blaming foreign imports for England's subpar performances in major tournaments is a fallacy. Also England having won it in the past counts for nothing when are discussing current achievements. Uruguay a tiny country with a population of over 2 million have also won it not once but twice(in addition to their numerous copa titles) yet no one considers them a superpower.

You second paragraph just shows a team that is very consistent. Nothing more nothing less. I also Never said they were pushovers but at the same time we have to admit they are simply not good enough. Reducing the number of foreign talents allowed to ply their trade in league will not turn a Sol Campbell into a Baresi, a Joe Hart into a Buffon or a Rooney into a Robby Baggio.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
chic2pimp:

You blaming foreign imports for England's subpar performances in major tournaments is a fallacy. Also England having won it in the past counts for nothing when are discussing current achievements. Uruguay a tiny country with a population of over 2 million have also won it not once but twice(in addition to their numerous copa titles) yet no one considers them a superpower.

You second paragraph just shows a team that is very consistent. Nothing more nothing less. I also Never said they were pushovers but at the same time we have to admit they are simply not good enough. Reducing the number of foreign talents allowed to ply their trade in league will not turn a Sol Campbell into a Baresi, a Joe Hart into a Buffon or a Rooney into a Robby Baggio.

Sol Campbell was a world class Center back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
Everyone in ENgland is world class

Terry, Hart, Rio, Rooney, Joe Cole, Milner, Walcott, Welbeck etc

I have never seen an English player who hasnt been tagged with the term "world class" at some point in time, yet next yr would make it half a century they have won any major international trophy

If Danny Shittu was English dem for don tag am world class
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nihilist:

Sol Campbell was a world class Center back.

Never disputed that. Just wasn't quite the legend Franco was. Then again very few were.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Terry,Rio, Rooney

These three were worldclass abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
chic2pimp:

These three were worldclass abeg

So who isnt world class

Terry, Rio, Campbell, Gerrard, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Joe Hart
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dhebo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
What do dz guy expect Terry to do..dribble from defence to attack and score? ...if ur attackers can't score what do u expect defenders to do.when u c someone rating boateng over terry u knw sumtin is certainly wrong...even boateng won't love to hear this rubbish.your hate for Chelsea is really confusing undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
dhebo:
What do dz guy expect Terry to do..dribble from defence to attack and score? ...if ur attackers can't score what do u expect defenders to do.when u c someone rating boateng over terry u knw sumtin is certainly wrong...even boateng won't love to hear this rubbish.your hate for Chelsea is really confusing undecided undecided

We expect Terry not to get sent off in a crucial CL semi finals,

We expect him to lead his team in crucial finals and not to be missing or be the one dragging them back.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

So who isnt world class

Terry, Rio, Campbell, Gerrard, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Joe Hart

Apart from possibly Hart, the remainder were at a point in time in the careers. A. Cole for instance was undeniably the world's best Leftback over a stretch of time. Terry and Rio can also lay claim to being the world's best(at worst top three) centrebacks at a point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
As much as I dislike John Terry, have to admit he's a terrific defender and has been instrumental for the rent boys. Hope he retires soon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Keky:
As much as I dislike John Terry, have to admit he's a terrific defender and has been instrumental for the rent boys. Hope he retires soon.
Mad man grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Keky:

Hey gayyyneerrr, We have Zouma.. wink tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
chic2pimp:
A40

So who do you rate higher Lucio or Boa?.... Is JT a better player than the ex Brazil captain?
I'd rate Boa higher but not by much. Lucio was hugely talented na inconsistency and typical Brazilian moodswing na him kill am he never really fulfilled his potential. Plus we were not among Europe's best while he was with us

Under Mourinho's system that protects CB's we saw how good a 32 year old Lucio

Terry is seriously overrated ka ma kuro ka ma jale
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Terry, Hart, Rio, Rooney, Joe Cole, Milner, Walcott, Welbeck etc

I have never seen an English player who hasnt been tagged with the term "world class" at some point in time, yet next yr would make it half a century they have won any major international trophy

If Danny Shittu was English dem for don tag am world class
They would soon tell us Harry Kane is world-class. The question is how does an array of so many World class players continue to disgrace themselves over and over again

Almost 20 years now they cannot get to common semi-final. Kilode??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Like I told you. I am always here to educate EPL fans even about your club. Drogba got a red card 4 minutes to the end of the game, So you mean in that 4 minutes he would have changed the game? LOL

In the 2008 finals, Ronaldo scored the only goal of the day for his team. Terry's achievement of the night was throwing away the cup

How did Chelsea get to the final that year? They survived the cruel Nou Camp, what was Terrys contribution? Getting sent off when the team was down 2-0. WHat a notable contribution. Mikel contributed more to CHelsea winning than Terry

Players would always be compared. We watch World cup finals of 2002 and see Ronaldo Lima, Watch France 98 see Zidane, Watch Mexico 86 see Maradona, Watch 1970 see Pele and the Brazilians. DOes anyone remember who scored when Santos played Palmeiras in the 1969 league game?

When push comes to shove, People would watch the big games. The worldcup finals 50yrs from now and see what Boateng did, watch CL finals and see what Boateng did, No one would bother watching what John Terry did vs Stoke City in 2014 or against Reading in Carling cup in 2009 or who dribbled 4 West Ham players like Eden Ikedia Hazard.

You still haent told me why Boateng should play for Ghana in your Chelsea logic
Get my point bro, I said terry shouldnt have been the one to take the penalty if not for his red card and besides 4mins is not too small Iniesta scored the late goal against chelsea with how many mins to go, what about his strike against Netherlands. See you.

Excuse me Terry committed that foul in the penalty box to prevent a possible goal and thank goodness he did the resulting penalty was lost, dat being sent-off for ur club and that a notable achiievement bro.
No one would forget Terry's goal in the carling final against Spurs man not the spurs fan hoping for a title or the young spurs players hoping for their title nor we the blue fans, the haters and most especially John Terry himself he would be telling kis kids and grand-kids with his head high about those memorable nights and they would be proud to have grand-dad like that, feel me.
And Man stop talking of Hazard as you will talk of Totti or Quaresma or an Old-aged player the guy is still youg and memorable nights would come bundles of them so just stiffen it bro.
Again we Chelsea fans arent dumbs or fools or social outcasts, part of our large Fan base might include touts and other outcasts, it removes no dignity from the club or we the fans so pls stop saying stuff like 99 percent of Blues are dummies, fools among other insults. No matured person talks like that.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
chic2pimp:

Apart from possibly Hart, the remainder were at a point in time in the careers. A. Cole for instance was undeniably the world's best Leftback over a stretch of time. Terry and Rio can also lay claim to being the world's best(at worst top three) centrebacks at a point.
Lampard finished 2nd best after Ronaldinho fifa 2005 player rankings and is still one of the best mildfieders to ever play Football http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_FIFA_World_Player_of_the_Year
and less i forget steven Gerrard led liverpool to their Ucl success against Milan. Even tho his form has taken a dip he isnt inferior.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mtcheew! All this yeye arguments

Abeg will Costa be fit for tomorrow's game??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
You guys are just wasting your time.. Dayo will never agree with you.. Anything English is abomination.

You guys can continue posting till Page 1000, Dayo nor A40 will never agree.. You can continue till eternity, Your analysis on anything English is flawed..

This is not the 3rd year, this is not the 4th that we'v been on this issue.. I joined nairaland and met the issue..

I even saw a thread which dates back to 2008/2009, where Dayo and Coogar were brought together to analyse which Team will qualify for the UEFA champions league quarter Final, and Dayo eliminated all the 4 English teams in the round of 16 grin and I think he lost the bet.. grin

Please, There is nothing you will tell Dayo aka Raumdeuter that he will agree with you.. His hatred for 'English anything' and his ego to admit when he is wrong will never allow him to agree..

You can try this for a few weeks if you think he will agree with you.. grin

But it will be better to fill a basket with water for the few weeks than take Dayo on the Argument on anything between England and Germany..

At least the basket will get Wet but Dayo will always be German, and German only.. smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dhelake:
Mtcheew! All this yeye arguments

Abeg will Costa be fit for tomorrow's game??
Still not sure..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
One man gang DK still doing his thing. grin grin

Make una Kontinu. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
debosky:
One man gang DK still doing his thing. grin grin

Make una Kontinu. cheesy

Debosky, where have you been.

Its my service to the community
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
Been busy with other things bro. . . .I haven't popped in here for ages but I see some things never change. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bundesligabest: 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
A40:

Terry is seriously overrated ka ma kuro ka ma jale

The only thing Boateng has over Terry is pace. In terms of positioning, organising a defence, touch and passing, Terry is 9-9.5/10 while Boateng is a 7-8.

I no want enter this debate with you boys cos serious partizanship dey worry una. I was the only one amongst Chelsea fans who only put 3 Chelsea players in a Bayern-Chelsea mash-up, but it seems una want tell us say if Bayern is better than Chelsea, all 11 Bayern players must be better than their Chelsea counterparts.

Boateng is still learning the art of defending where Terry dey. I no go argue the matter further. Spits on ground.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
debosky:
Been busy with other things bro. . . .I haven't popped in here for ages but I see some things never change. cheesy

Never Never Change, Egbon.. sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bundesligabest:

The only thing Boateng has over Terry is pace. In terms of positioning, organising a defence, touch and passing, Terry is 9-9.5/10 while Boateng is a 7-8.

I no want enter this debate with you boys cos serious partizanship dey worry una. I was the only one amongst Chelsea fans who only put 3 Chelsea players in a Bayern-Chelsea mash-up, but it seems una want tell us say if Bayern is better than Chelsea, all 11 Bayern players must be better than their Chelsea counterparts.

Boateng is still learning the art of defending where Terry dey. I no go argue the matter further. Spits on ground.

Lets check these facts using CL

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bundesligabest: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Lets check these facts using CL

What facts? Don't be stewpid.

I have told dumb niggas on Nairaland to stop comparing tackles made per game. For one, the numbers are two small eg MrX made 0.7 tackles while Mr Y made 0.9? You no go school?

Secondly, only a player who is out of position resorts to tackles. Thirdly, defenders stats vary wildly depending on their style of play. You have aggressive defenders like Costacurta/Carvalho/Koscielny who tackle a lot, then you have the sweeper-types like Baresi/Terry/Adams who make less tackles. For example you can see that Boateng makes more tackles but Terry makes more blocks. Some prefer to intercept than engage. Not all fingers are equal.

And don't forget, the most important attribute in a defender is his organisational skill and communication, something in which Terry is head and shoulders above Boateng. As I said before, every centre-back partnership has a House nigga and a Field nigga. The field nigga runs and engages, whilst the House nigga directs and organises. The house nigga is usually better than the field nigga.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bundesligabest:

What facts? Don't be stewpid.

I have told dumb niggas on Nairaland to stop comparing tackles made per game. For one, the numbers are two small eg MrX made 0.7 tackles while Mr Y made 0.9? You no go school?

Secondly, only a player who is out of position resorts to tackles. Thirdly, defenders stats vary wildly depending on their style of play. You have aggressive defenders like Costacurta/Carvalho/Koscielny who tackle a lot, then you have the sweeper-types like Baresi/Terry/Adams who make less tackles. For example you can see that Boateng makes more tackles but Terry makes more blocks. Some prefer to intercept than engage. Not all fingers are equal.

And don't forget, the most important attribute in a defender is his organisational skill and communication.

Interception the most important attribute of a defender, Boateng takes Terry to school

Terry only wins in Fouls commited

Blocks is for those parking the bus
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bundesligabest: 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Interception the most important attribute of a defender, Boateng takes Terry to school

Terry only wins in Fouls commited

Blocks is for those parking the bus

And Interceptions is only for those playing highline. You can't intercept through-pass in a half-pressing system cos there is nothing to intercept.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bundesligabest: 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
I'm not saying he's not a good player. . . but. . . .

You won World Cup, Champions League, 3 Bundesligas, yet nobody recognise you. . . . not even in your local league.

Not even for team of the tournament in a World Cup you won, yet Terry who only reached QF made World Cup 11. Shege Banza! grin grin grin

Boateng individual honours at 26:

Fritz-Walter-Medal U19 Bronze Medal 2007 (Wetin be dat? grin)

Terry individual honours at 26:

FA Player of the Year: 2004–05
FIFA World Cup Team of the Tournament: 2006
FIFPro World XI: 2005, 2006, 2007 (later also 2008, 2009)
ESM Team of the Year: 2004–05 (later also 2008–09, 2009–10)
UEFA Club Football Awards Best Defender: 2005 (later also 2008, 2009)
UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2007 (later also 2008, 2009)
PFA Team of the Year: 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06 (later also 2008, 2009)

These are International awards o, not EPL hype.

Kai! Must be due to racism! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bundesligabest:

I give you organizing the defence, positioning is hard to determine but I'd make that concession

But passing and touch or general ability on the ball that one na fa fa fa foul!!!

Boateng can play anywhere across the back 4 without fuss. So he is far more versatile than Terry

Terry plays in a system that protects the CB. Where the only offensive responsibility defenders have come from setpieces. Never you compare that to defenders who play from teams that build from the back. Terry can never survive in such a system. AVB exposed him

Terry played in a system that made dinosaurs like Lucio and phacking Walter Samuel look good. That tells me all I need to know

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bundesligabest:
I'm not saying he's not a good player. . . but. . . .

You won World Cup, Champions League, 3 Bundesligas, yet nobody recognise you. . . . not even in your local league.

Not even for team of the tournament in a World Cup you won, yet Terry who only reached QF made World Cup 11. Shege Banza! grin grin grin

Boateng individual honours at 26:

Fritz-Walter-Medal U19 Bronze Medal 2007

Terry individual honours at 26:

FA Player of the Year: 2004–05
FIFA World Cup Team of the Tournament: 2006
FIFPro World XI: 2005, 2006, 2007 (later also 2008, 2009)
ESM Team of the Year: 2004–05 (later also 2008–09, 2009–10)
UEFA Club Football Awards Best Defender: 2005 (later also 2008, 2009)
UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2007 (later also 2008, 2009)
PFA Team of the Year: 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06 (later also 2008, 2009)

These are International awards o, not EPL hype.

Kai! Must be due to racism! grin grin
He has more individual awards than Nesta and Lahm. He must be better than them ba?

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (19286) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chidekings(m), drisham(m), EmmanuelScott1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.