Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

Court Marriage In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Court Marriage In Nigeria (3052 Views)

Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? / What's Your Take On Court Marriage? / Can Lack Of Trust Make A Lady Insist On Court Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Marriage In Nigeria by kayla2002(f): 1:32am On Apr 23, 2012
I will be in nigeria next month to get married at the court house and he is wanting to get a lawyer to repersent us and sign papers at the higher courts. My question is why do we need a lawyer to repersent us i thought you pay the fees and go to the U.S embassy. is this something one have to do if they are from a different country or is it I'm not understanding. Can some one pls explain to me how things work.

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage In Nigeria by Dogberry(m): 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2012
Sounds 419-ish - sorry for saying this

Don't you want to know what the lawyer signs for in YOUR name?! Think (more than) twice about this.
I really hope your husband is the one who will take good care of you and is the real deal, but Naija = Naija and 419 stretches far... very far.
Re: Court Marriage In Nigeria by Muttex(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
Be very careful my dear... Seeing they say is believing....Just apply caution

(1) (Reply)

Am Confused On Who To Choose Married Rich Man Or Single Guy / How Does He Convince Her To Marry Him? / Tired Of Heart Break Ladies? How To Cast A Personal Love Spell That Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.