Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,990 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Does He Really Love Me? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does He Really Love Me? (5449 Views)

Is He Really Serious Or Acting A Script? / Is Mother In Law Making Moves On Him Or Does He Have A Dirty Mind? / Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
Luxythere: Next time he begins to beat you.
Tell him his daughter is watching and that's what she will expect from a man who is supposed to love and protect her.
His son is watching and will most likely treat his wife like this
Finally its not about you two...You have kids and must respect each other.

i doubt the man cares if his kids see it, most men who believe that it is a woman's fault for the beating will say that it can never happen to their daughter cos she was well trained (go figure! undecided) the son is taught thats how u handle ur home so the man doesn't really care.

i think a point has been missed here - OP - pls get a job so that u don't equate love with a bag of rice and clothes, even if a man bough me a 2013 range rover and x6 the same day and a first class ticket to stay in a 7 star hotel in the maldives - I WOULD NOT EQUATE IT TO LOVE
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by agiboma(f): 1:35am On Apr 24, 2012
@ Op a lot has been said on the thread, good, bad and absolutely rediculous advice. Listen i think your husband has "anger management issue's. About him hitting you well its not right and he needs to stop. Have you spoken to a counsellor, or pastor. Your hubby needs to start to control his anger and find a different way of expressing his frustrations. Do you have another place you can stay? You should speak to your hubby about this tell him how it makes you feel everytime he hits you and sends you packing. Please get help over this issue.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by jason123: 3:43am On Apr 24, 2012
OP
Most what you read here are from a woman's point of view except this:

taryour:
do u tok back at ur husband when he is angry? Do u take to corections wen he corects u or u keep repeting d same thing? Does he drink or smoke? Wot are dose things u do to make him beat u and send him out of d house?do u prepare his food on time? Do u nag?do u deny him sex?

The key word is: DO YOU TAKE TO CORRECTION WHENEVER YOU HAVE YOUR TALKS WITH HIM? As a guy, it can be frustrating when you have to correct your spouse especially after you two have been together for so long . . .it would seem as if you are deliberately trying to frustrate him.

Woman, your husband LOVES you! Take that from me! Now, he wants you to love him back by not frustrating him. Once he corrects you, take it to heart and work on it. I am sure when he sees your "EFFORT" in that aspect, he will not touch you again, not to talk of beat you! If you think he does not love you and you move out or do shakara. Trust me, MANY other women will take your place and actually work on themselves to make their him happy!

About working to start contributing to the home: It does not change a thing! If you try to frustrate him by not taking to correction or talk back because you now earn, he will be more frustrated! Be a submissive woman and he will shower you with more love! God bless!

Remember, he loves you o! Don't ruin your marriage! Take care and may the Lord give you wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 24, 2012
@ poster, its not clear what is triggering your husband to get angry like this. Because some men will FIND an excuse to behave this way towards you when they are feeling a cetain way(like stressed), and blame you.And you cant live walking on eggshells and worrying about everything you do in case you may annoy him.His behaviour is abusive and wrong. This is no way to live,or teach your children.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by maclatunji: 11:05am On Apr 24, 2012
Ifymma: I want to share this with you and probably hear your opinion. My husband buys me virtually everything i want including my children, we lack nothing in terms clothing. In terms of foodstuff he buys bag of rice before the old one finishes he has purchase and other one, but provision and everything in the house he provides all for us. He always tells me he loves me But each time i do any little thing to offend him he always gets annoyed and at times beats me and send me out of the house, this makes me hate him because i feel he doesnt love me. Please let me know (Do he really love[color=#990000][/color] me?)

Er OP, I think it has to do with your husband's mentality and upbringing. From what I can decipher from your post, he is from the "Old School" where the man is literally the King of the household. He provides for his subjects and expects near-total submission from them. So yes, he may love you but he does not see anything wrong in hitting you when he is angry just like a medieval king does not mind beheading his favourite wife or concubine if she crosses him. He has to unlearn that and to be honest, you are not the person that he will take correction from. I advise you to tell this story to someone that he respects that can teach him to stop hitting you because it is absolutely wrong. It is a major flaw but he can be taught to check himself.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 24, 2012
He luvs u but has a strange way of showing it. Some people believe pain is luv. Anyway, i don't justify beating anybody at all, not even a small kid but we can't take away the fact that some people will always be violent and short tempered.
Avoid those things that will make him hit u. Stay away from him when angry but don't think he doesn't luv u.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by MmuoOkija: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2012
Ifymma: I want to share this with you and probably hear your opinion. My husband buys me virtually everything i want including my children, we lack nothing in terms clothing. In terms of foodstuff he buys bag of rice before the old one finishes he has purchase and other one, but provision and everything in the house he provides all for us. He always tells me he loves me But each time i do any little thing to offend him he always gets annoyed and at times beats me and send me out of the house, this makes me hate him because i feel he doesnt love me. Please let me know (Do he really love[color=#990000][/color] me?)

He loves you but you are a bad woman. .

Why would you annoy your husband like that!!

What if you injure him while he is beating you?!

He even buys bags of rice for you sef not cups. . If you like dont stop annoying him. . Next time he should use a cane or a belt.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by ronkebp(f): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ Poster...just invest in a 'karate school" and learn how to fight.....when you are ready, take your kids away from the home,as in keep them away form the boxing arena,. get gloves and nice sneakers, and both of you should fight wella....when you do this for the next three fights beating his arse too, he will stop beating you, violent men only know one langauge, 'violence"!!!!!!!!!. No matter how submuissive you are, you will still receive slap for forgetting to put water on the table for him to wash his hands.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by ekina(f): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
Real men don't beat women.correctn should b done in love,wat impresn is he givin 2 his childrn,wat a d reasons 4 him hitin u
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by maclatunji: 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2012
ronkebp: @ Poster...just invest in a 'karate school" and learn how to fight.....when you are ready, take your kids away from the home,as in keep them away form the boxing arena,. get gloves and nice sneakers, and both of you should fight wella....when you do this for the next three fights beating his arse too, he will stop beating you, violent men only know one langauge, 'violence"!!!!!!!!!. No matter how submuissive you are, you will still receive slap for forgetting to put water on the table for him to wash his hands.

Don't be fooled by your Karate skills O. The best battles are the ones that are not fought.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Outstrip(f): 12:21am On Apr 25, 2012
jason123: OP
Most what you read here are from a woman's point of view except this:

The key word is: DO YOU TAKE TO CORRECTION WHENEVER YOU HAVE YOUR TALKS WITH HIM? As a guy, it can be frustrating when you have to correct your spouse especially after you two have been together for so long . . .it would seem as if you are deliberately trying to frustrate him.

Woman, your husband LOVES you! Take that from me! Now, he wants you to love him back by not frustrating him. Once he corrects you, take it to heart and work on it. I am sure when he sees your "EFFORT" in that aspect, he will not touch you again, not to talk of beat you! If you think he does not love you and you move out or do shakara. Trust me, MANY other women will take your place and actually work on themselves to make their him happy!

About working to start contributing to the home: It does not change a thing! If you try to frustrate him by not taking to correction or talk back because you now earn, he will be more frustrated! Be a submissive woman and he will shower you with more love! God bless!

Remember, he loves you o! Don't ruin your marriage! Take care and may the Lord give you wisdom!

Do you take correction when your wife talks to you. When you don't can she slap you around like the family's unwanted dog. Nonsense. You had to go throw God into your useless posts. Who is ruining the marraige the raging bull or the one who is being oppressed. Nonsense. Nigerians and their oppressive mentality. When it comes to suffering Nigerians are always proud to take first place. Wearing the badge of suffering with pride. Please just because you can settle for a life of suffering does not mean that you should inflict it on others. Which many other women will take her place? Yes of course. The ones that have also be indoctrinated by people like you. Stay married or die trying. Stay and endure. God is on the throne. God's time is the best. Tufiakwa. Please do not get me started today

1 Like

Re: Does He Really Love Me? by SisiKill1: 12:40am On Apr 25, 2012
^^^^Lmao!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by maclatunji: 12:41am On Apr 25, 2012
@Outstrip. Yes, don't get started.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Outstrip(f): 1:30am On Apr 25, 2012
I am trying joor. That poster just wanted to awaken the beast. I am saving my energy for my crazy schedule. I try to come here and chill and he/she decided to provoke me grin
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by jason123: 1:35am On Apr 25, 2012
Outstrip:

Do you take correction when your wife talks to you. When you don't can she slap you around like the family's unwanted dog. Nonsense. You had to go throw God into your useless posts. Who is ruining the marraige the raging bull or the one who is being oppressed. Nonsense. Nigerians and their oppressive mentality. When it comes to suffering Nigerians are always proud to take first place. Wearing the badge of suffering with pride. Please just because you can settle for a life of suffering does not mean that you should inflict it on others. Which many other women will take her place? Yes of course. The ones that have also be indoctrinated by people like you. Stay married or die trying. Stay and endure. God is on the throne. God's time is the best. Tufiakwa. Please do not get me started today

Woman, I don't know why you are bitter but I have this to tell you.

First of all, my spouse corrects me whenever she sees something she does not like and I take to correction (though, not everything because somethings are what makes me a man. They are my character). She said I shout a lot when I get angry and I took it to heart and changed. I prayed about it with her and CHANGED! I only shout on an average of once every six months and that's if she really annoys me.

Look, in a relationship, the two (man and woman) should respect eachother and try to make eachother HAPPY! If the man does not like what she does, why does she not want to change? Is it until the man finds his happiness outside the home she will change? After all, the man does all his duties and makes sure she lacks NOTHING!

About the violence part, I have never beaten my spouse because my anger sends the message I want it to send. I also annoy her and she passes the message across in whichever way she deems appropriate! We (my woman and I) are PARTNERS!

I am a man, I know the feeling! The woman in question here (OP) does not take his rage serious and therefore, she thinks its okay to do whatever annoys him again and again and again!

What the man is going through is EMOTIONAL ABUSE! and when he could not take it anymore, he translated that to PHYSICAL ABUSE! He simply wanted his spouse to feel what he is going through! We men have emotions as well. When women do somethings, its painful but we take it up the chin and not talk but it does not mean we don't feel it!

OP, you better change your ways and take his correction to heart and I am sure he will NEVER touch you again. Be happy for your husband LOVES YOU DEEPLY (that is why he cares at all)! Please, try to love him back!
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by jason123: 1:44am On Apr 25, 2012
Outstrip: I am trying joor. That poster just wanted to awaken the beast. I am saving my energy for my crazy schedule. I try to come here and chill and he/she decided to provoke me grin

Oustrip, I'm not here to provoke you. The truth is ALWAYS a bitter pill to swallow, hence, your provocation.

You sound like a married woman. When you and your husband have arguments, do you not try to prevent the cause next time? Or do you keep doing the same thing that provokes your husband to an argument?

OP
, most of these women do not follow the advise they give people here. If they did, that would be the explanation for the high rate of divorce and cheating in Nigeria.

If he listens to you (by taking care of your needs) why don't you listen to him?? If you don't endevour to make him happy, why did he even marry you in the first place. Please mind my bluntness but the way we men think is different. If you can't make your husband happy by doing his likes and not doing his dislikes, then, YOU ARE A LIABILITY TO HIM even though he loves you! After all, he does his best to make you happy!

Agreed, violence and sending you packing is extreme but that was his defense mechanism before he does something he will live to regret!
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Johndoe100(m): 2:16am On Apr 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
this guy

Who is "this guy"? You mean her husband?

MRbrownJAY:
btw: many men only have to open their bible to believe that they are the HEAD of the family....and therefore whatever they say, goes.

Boy aren't they primitive? Imagine believing the bible, how African can you get.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by jason123: 2:24am On Apr 25, 2012
Johndoe100:

Who is "this guy"? You mean her husband?

Boy aren't they primitive? Imagine believing the bible, how African can you get.
Johndeo100, I am glad you are here. So, tell me, I could I have been chatting with myself in the politics section yet, type this down. SMH! Dude, you are/were simply paranoid.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Johndoe100(m): 2:36am On Apr 25, 2012
jason123:
Johndeo100, I am glad you are here. So, tell me, I could I have been chatting with myself in the politics section yet, type this down. SMH! Dude, you are/were simply paranoid.

Let us leave what is for the politics section in the politics section. This is the womens liberation section.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 25, 2012
Johndoe100: Who is "this guy"? You mean her husband?

do you see any other "guy/man" in this story?! lol
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by taryour(f): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2012
jason123:

Woman, I don't know why you are bitter but I have this to tell you.

First of all, my spouse corrects me whenever she sees something she does not like and I take to correction (though, not everything because somethings are what makes me a man. They are my character). She said I shout a lot when I get angry and I took it to heart and changed. I prayed about it with her and CHANGED! I only shout on an average of once every six months and that's if she really annoys me.

Look, in a relationship, the two (man and woman) should respect eachother and try to make eachother HAPPY! If the man does not like what she does, why does she not want to change? Is it until the man finds his happiness outside the home she will change? After all, the man does all his duties and makes sure she lacks NOTHING!

About the violence part, I have never beaten my spouse because my anger sends the message I want it to send. I also annoy her and she passes the message across in whichever way she deems appropriate! We (my woman and I) are PARTNERS!

I am a man, I know the feeling! The woman in question here (OP) does not take his rage serious and therefore, she thinks its okay to do whatever annoys him again and again and again!

What the man is going through is EMOTIONAL ABUSE! and when he could not take it anymore, he translated that to PHYSICAL ABUSE! He simply wanted his spouse to feel what he is going through! We men have emotions as well. When women do somethings, its painful but we take it up the chin and not talk but it does not mean we don't feel it!

OP, you better change your ways and take his correction to heart and I am sure he will NEVER touch you again. Be happy for your husband LOVES YOU DEEPLY (that is why he cares at all)! Please, try to love him back!

my God am loving this.

@op. Let me teach wot works for my family. Eact time my hubby is mad at me, i simply keep qiute,listen to him,say less,pretend am not angry,at d end i apologise even it am not wrong. All d while i was quite i was takin good note of all d complains so i dont repeat them. I cant stand my hubby anger so dats wot ido,i predend am not angry cos i also av a bad temper,now imnagine i reply or argue wen he is angry n corecting me,ofcourse he will get more angry more n my own added to it will simply bring down d roof on my head and i will eventualy get more bitter. If dis should go on in a marriage will destroy d love n peace i dat home. So i av learnt to keep quite,listen,takenote of his point,pretend am not angry.
Ater his anger must av gone down,he is more relaxed after a warm bath,i serve him his meal. After eating i bring up a joke or we plane our ps2 together, while d joke is on i simply in a very humble n respectable way ask him " baby dont u thgink u were to harsh on me wen u were angry ?" while i say this,i watch out for d expression on his face,if i read any signs of anger coming up again,i keep quite n change topic. D rest will b solved inside d bedroom on our bed as usual. Some times i dont even raise d issue untill he goes out,then ui invite him for a chat were we iron it out online cos we chat alot. We as women could make our man apologise to us even if they did not ofend us. I can proudly say since i got married,i an never shouted ,argue,talk back e,t.c at my hubby n it as realy help me. D onky pple dat feelk my anger are those outside my home.

1 Like

Re: Does He Really Love Me? by taryour(f): 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
ronkebp: @ Poster...just invest in a 'karate school" and learn how to fight.....when you are ready, take your kids away from the home,as in keep them away form the boxing arena,. get gloves and nice sneakers, and both of you should fight wella....when you do this for the next three fights beating his arse too, he will stop beating you, violent men only know one langauge, 'violence"!!!!!!!!!. No matter how submuissive you are, you will still receive slap for forgetting to put water on the table for him to wash his hands.

ronke don kill me with laff today ooo.
But madam dont o tink dat would anger him more,n dont forget he is alot more stonger,d more she fight back d more she gets beating. Wot is she dies ( God forbid) in d procces
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
taryour:

jenny do u realy need to use insultive words?are there no other ways to pass a mesage across without insults? I just hope u dont use such words in ur home at ur kids when u are angry.

Ehen woman, what scores have you got to settle with me now?
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by taryour(f): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2012
jennykadry:

Ehen woman, what scores have you got to settle with me now?

jenny u n i cannot fight n will not fight. U n i are both matured women, so no fight.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
Who is talking about fight? I asked you a question cos you quoted me, what scores have you got to settle with me? how does that equate to fight? abi English comprehension is an issue here? Abeg I am not mature, don't flatter me
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by jmoore(m): 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
Question no 1: when did the beating start? Did he beat you before you got married?
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by ronkebp(f): 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
taryour:

ronke don kill me with laff today ooo.
But madam dont o tink dat would anger him more,n dont forget he is alot more stonger,d more she fight back d more she gets beating. Wot is she dies ( God forbid) in d procces

Oh so you have not seen where women beat their hubbys' to coma right? my dear, they are many outside, some of these men with their bragodo, get flogged by a woman and not all men are stronger than the women. At least even if she does not win the fight, she can match up to him. It is nonsense to be receiving beatings from a man who is supposed to be your husband and not a father!!!.Any woman that receives a slap from a man and stands there quiet, is digging her grave, small-small.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by ronkebp(f): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
taryour:

my God am loving this.

@op. Let me teach wot works for my family. Eact time my hubby is mad at me, i simply keep qiute,listen to him,say less,pretend am not angry,at d end i apologise even it am not wrong. All d while i was quite i was takin good note of all d complains so i dont repeat them. I cant stand my hubby anger so dats wot ido,i predend am not angry cos i also av a bad temper,now imnagine i reply or argue wen he is angry n corecting me,ofcourse he will get more angry more n my own added to it will simply bring down d roof on my head and i will eventualy get more bitter. If dis should go on in a marriage will destroy d love n peace i dat home. So i av learnt to keep quite,listen,takenote of his point,pretend am not angry.
Ater his anger must av gone down,he is more relaxed after a warm bath,i serve him his meal. After eating i bring up a joke or we plane our ps2 together, while d joke is on i simply in a very humble n respectable way ask him " baby dont u thgink u were to harsh on me wen u were angry ?" while i say this,i watch out for d expression on his face,if i read any signs of anger coming up again,i keep quite n change topic. D rest will b solved inside d bedroom on our bed as usual. Some times i dont even raise d issue untill he goes out,then ui invite him for a chat were we iron it out online cos we chat alot. We as women could make our man apologise to us even if they did not ofend us. I can proudly say since i got married,i an never shouted ,argue,talk back e,t.c at my hubby n it as realy help me. D onky pple dat feelk my anger are those outside my home.

Tayour i really do not know what you do to your hubby that makes him so mad to the point that he would start to rant on you, why you keep quiet and listen? i am trying to think, the only time i can see my hubby displaying is when i bring a man home to our matrimonial bed or steal his money to go and build a house in lekki< or else i really can't remember my hubby shouting at me as if i was a little child.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by Outstrip(f): 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2012
taryour:

my God am loving this.

You project the anger on innocent outsiders. I am sure the housemaid chops multiple slaps for no apparent reason. You reasoning and advice is dangerous.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by taryour(f): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
ronkebp:

Tayour i really do not know what you do to your hubby that makes him so mad to the point that he would start to rant on you, why you keep quiet and listen? i am trying to think, the only time i can see my hubby displaying is when i bring a man home to our matrimonial bed or steal his money to go and build a house in lekki< or else i really can't remember my hubby shouting at me as if i was a little child.

madam ronke its been very long my hubby got angry with me cos i av learnt not to get him get him angry anymore. And pls my hubby does not rant. Tnx ma
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by taryour(f): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
Outstrip:

You project the anger on innocent outsiders. I am sure the housemaid chops multiple slaps for no apparent reason. You reasoning and advice is dangerous.

outstrip,i av no maid in my house,n d last time i ad a very bad temper was before i got married. I av snce learnt to apply d same style outside. But if it is warranted,i give out my venom to whom ever deserves it accordinly. It would b wicked of me to hurt or abuse an innocent person.
Re: Does He Really Love Me? by taryour(f): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
Outstrip:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scared Of Getting Old / What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? / My Dad Wants To Marry Again, A Yr After My Mums Demise. Advice Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.