Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

My Girlfriend Was Raped! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Was Raped! (4058 Views)

Side Chick Came Visiting While Girlfriend Was Around / His Girlfriend Was Sex Chatting With Another Guy. What Should He Do?! / My Girlfriend Was Raped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Was Raped! by bolargeez(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2007
Girlfriend told you she was a rape victim some years back. This got me freak out. Should I leave her because I can't stop thinking that my gal was raped. Need comments,
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by olanajim(m): 10:21am On Nov 09, 2007
What is your love about?

Maybe if a group of armed robbers had stormed your house and sex attacked her right in your presence you would have been happier?
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by jgirl3: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2007
Oh my goodness! She trusted you enough to divulge this secret to you and the first thing you think of doing is breaking up with her? Boys, boys, boys! angry
She needs you to support her not break up because of that. Do you know how many girls have been raped? It wasn't her fault, why take it like the end of the world.
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by fabulous10(m): 11:03am On Nov 09, 2007
i belive the only reason she shared her experience with u is because she trusts u. Now if u descide to leave her than i belive u are not worth her trust one bit. I had the same experirnce in school. I dated a girl that was raped,unlike ur own case i happened to know those guys.But i did not hold it against her, it something that happened in her past, so even when she told me, i told her that i already knew about it.
Thats wat makes u a man, to be able to handle situation.
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by fabulous10(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2007
i belive the only reason she shared her experience with u is because she trusts u. Now if u descide to leave her than i belive u are not worth her trust one bit. I had the same experence in school. I dated  a girl that was raped,unlike ur own case i happened to know those guys.But i did not hold it against her, its something that happened in her past, so even when she told me, i told her that i already knew about it.
Thats wat makes u a man, to be able to handle situation.
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by lilrukevwe(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2007
U are a selfish lover dont u know such things take heart and love to heal she told u becos she loved u pls dont let her down
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by opokonwa(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2007
@poster

You are not a man But no, you are real

Only that I don't think you love her enough

Or certain values by which you should continue to love her has been eroded by the rape history.
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by chuckdee4(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2007
Should u leave her Why? Because of something she had no control over

Be a man and stick with her, this is no reason to break up with ur girlfriend, now that she's told u she needs u more than ever
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by funkydot(f): 11:56am On Nov 09, 2007
@fabulous10

Wow!!!Do they still make men like you in Nigeria? I'm very impressed! Well said, bro. wink

@poster

To even think you were having second thoughts about the poor girl makes you out to be rather insensitive, don't you think? Just think you could be the one in her shoes, or haven't you heard of guys being gang-raped by other guys? How would you feel if she were to dump you after having such a traumatic experience? Yeah, I guess you catch my drift. cool cool cool
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by mamaput(f): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2007
@ poster please move on and make room for a better man
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by arshy(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2007
Without any doubt, it is not easy to take just like that, but you have to consider a lot of things. For someone to tell you his/her secret means that the person really loves and trust you so much. You dont have to betray the trust she has in you. What happened has happened so forget about it.
This is a game of the mind, the more you think about it the more it hurts you. Always think about the positive aspects of the relationship.

Stay calm!
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by bolargeez(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2007
Thanks guy, you are really touching me with ur various comments. They really help
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by Bestglo(f): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2007
Why should you think of doing such thing.Was she wrong to have told you about her past which only you would  probably give her the comfort and encouragement she needs to overcome the  taughts of the past
Guy,you should grow up,be a man and even show your girl more love that can set her free from worries about the past.By so doing ,I'm sure your love and trust for eachother would wax sronger
Goodluck
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by dellynash(f): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2007
you guys have said it all. he shouldn't dump his girl for something she has no control over it.atleast appreciate ur girlfriend for telling you the truth
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by fakedavid: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2007
u r a wicked self seeking person - instead of you to give her more love so she can forget about the experience - u want to rubit in more by leaving her - what a selfish thing to say - u need to be thought a lesson - for that - I desire, may that p enis of yours break into two next time you attempt to use it on her. Selfish fish.
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by saucekid(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2007
just paasing thru**********going to my monitoring position actually grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by onyekang1(f): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2007
for crying out loud she trusted you to ave told u dat part of her life. angry
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by Nautillus(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2007
Bolargeez,

Listen, it will only show how childish you are is u leave her based on this.

If you dont know, know now, 1 out of every 12 gals in Nija have

had to go thru that horiffic experiencei still cant fanthom guyz that do this,

most of the females i have been with( either in long or short relationships) told me there various

incidents,

Personally, my heart always went out to them and i cry inside which i was a personal friend to "Doctor who"
where we can travel back and forth into time and i can personally handle these asswipes myself just b4 they comit the act.

Bolargeez, look at it this way, if your younger sista(if you have one, if you don't pretend grin) whom you love oh so much

you most probably have to personally give her date a "clean bill" b4 she see's them, returns home crying,

and when you inquire about the course of her sorrow, she tells you that her BF left her because he could handle the truth

about the long past rape incident, hhmmm, truthfully, how would you feel?

undecided undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by cblow(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2007
boy u get mind oh, because of her past?? have you also told her of all u did in your past? perhaps she might leave you first too, grow up man, yesterday is gone face today and hope for tomorrow,
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by tete(f): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2007
Being assaulted in anyway is not an easy experience to have. It keeps looming at the assaulted individual from every angle and really never goes away. For your girl to have confided in you only means that she trusts you and feels safe with you and as much as possible wants no secrets between you two. Please do not be negative about this, appreciate her for this effort and give her all the love and support that she needs wink
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by wamilele: 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2007
you will be the highest fool if you leave a girl that tell u d truth abount herselfffffffffff

the girl wey dem rape is same as that girl you meet without you knowing who disvergin her

watch
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by busygal(f): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2007
@poster

Just reading this Thread and the Replies got me quite EMOTIONAL.
Sweeetheart! why on EARTH would u think of leaving that CHIC.
She loves and realy cares about u.

Its so AMAZING 2 know that she THOUGHT OF u even in her own
PAINS, HURT, and ASSULT.( she shared with you hopeing u would
stand by her)
U SHOULD BE GLAD U NOT HEARING THIS 4RM AN OUTSIDER BUT HER.

Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by Ndipe(m): 12:06am On Nov 10, 2007
Please dont abandon her, she needs your help and trusted you to have divulged this heart rending incident. Prayers can counter the debilitating effects of this tragedy.
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by janami(f): 12:16am On Nov 10, 2007
i think u are missing the point here, the girl was raped, wot would u say about a sex crazy girlfriend? give her some love abeg
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 10, 2007
janami:

i think u are missing the point here, the girl was attacked, wot would u say about a sex crazy girlfriend? give her some love abeg

i 2nd that. . .3rd it too. let say you got raped by some homo guy grin grin, won't you be looking for someone to hold you and love you too? angry
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by theboy0808(m): 3:34am On Nov 10, 2007
My girfriend was despoil.d. so fu ck what?!
Is that why u are having second thoughts?!
Geez!
You should be flogged! Just joking
But it's a very sensitive issue
She told you cause she trusted you and loved you!
Why the fu ck do you want to betray her?
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:02am On Nov 10, 2007
@poster
hisssessssss angry angry angry
your such a selfish guy, as if she was the one who told the guy/guys to sex-attack her. angry angry angry angry

if you don't want her again,better leave her alone for a better guy. angry angry angry
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by Pain(m): 4:09am On Nov 10, 2007
Easier Said Than Done.
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by cybersleek(m): 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2007
My guy na wah o! becos your chick told you something that ordinarily should have made you cherish her more, you want to break up with her? i must tell you that it takes serious guts on the part of your girl to tell you what she has been thru, despite the implications such things have in our culture and environment. I also once dated a girl who lost her virginity thru rape, and it didnt change how i felt about her at the time. Try to open your mind and see beyond parochial issues and stop living in and for the past, your whole future is ahead of you and you have the opportunity of making it right. Imagine if you got the gist from outside sources? a word is enough for the wise! wink
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by 190: 5:05am On Nov 29, 2008
my 2nd gf was raped too,i stil dey wit am up til date
at fabulous
4 ur mind na u be smart guy, anyway kip up d goodwork
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by prince84(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2008
@ ALL

he asked a simple question because he wanted a candid answer,you think if he wanted to dump the girl all your saying wont matter.

@ all those who gave nice and supportive answers, you guess are making NL the best place for solutions
@ all those who is just blasting the dude, get a life, he needs help not insults

@ poster
Dude, you girlfriend loves or aleast she thinks highly of you, dont let her down
help her heal the wounds
past doesnt realy counts, what counts is our today and what we make of our tomorow,

All the best
Re: My Girlfriend Was Raped! by DonChizi(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2008
if she had kept that secret away from you and you later found out how would you feel.Your reaction is normal but you have to think and thank her for telling you this cos its hard to find someone like that.She truely loves you dont blame her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Knocked Up! / Some Nigerian Guys Are Dumb / Men Are Wicked Ashoq Give Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.