Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1137045 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by coogar: 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
medjai: Mourinho is a coward! Why did he start Essien? He was being cautious. With all the talent at his disposal. SMH

who should he have started instead? lassana diarra or move pepe to the midfield. he wasn't being cautious - he played 4-2-3-1.....ronaldo + higuain + di maria + essien as an an attacking midfielder is good enough! why did mancini not start dzeko + tevez + balotelli at the same time? city have spent as much as madrid as well, haven't they?
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by AjanleKoko: 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
medjai: Mourinho is a coward! Why did he start Essien? He was being cautious. With all the talent at his disposal. SMH

I beg to differ.
Of the two coaches, Jose looked more like he knew what he was doing. Madrid did get the openings, but Hart pulled off a couple of good saves. It could have been 3-0 up for RM at the break. Essien played decently in an advanced role, for a guy who has been on the sidelines for such a long time.

First half City could not even get out of their own half, they were pegged back well. Dzeko coming on was exactly what they needed. In my opinion, they gave a good account of themselves, but are still going to struggle in Europe.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Mcleo007(m): 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
Toure Yaya is pure class!
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by A40(m): 12:28am On Sep 19, 2012
Man! What a game! And while Mourinho's starting lineup might have appeared cautious it was deceptively offensive! Man City could barely hold on to the ball for the first 35 mins or so! I don't think Casillas made a save the entire 1st half.

Props to Madrid for fighting till the end they where the better side and deserved the win!! Man City seized the initiative when they had to but couldn't hold on in the end. They have nothing to be ashamed of tho! Few teams would come out of the Bernabeu with anything
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FBS: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2012
Ol boy, the DNA is defo back. I said it that next match will prove it and certainly it did.
IMO Di Maria played like an "animal". He was EVERYWHERE!

Only a mumu person go say JM was cautious by playing Essien. You should have taken the time to see where he was playing on the pitch. Very high up which was unusual. "Deception" my friend.

And that celebration by JM, deary you, he is a class act. cheesy

Casillas probably got bored that he forgot his duties. grin the second goal wasn't necessary.

What a night of UCL match it was. Certainly one of the VERY BEST!

And here is wishing my Chelsea folks thunk Juve wella. cool
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by medjai(m): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2012
coogar:

who should he have started instead? lassana diarra or move pepe to the midfield. he wasn't being cautious - he played 4-2-3-1.....ronaldo + higuain + di maria + essien as an an attacking midfielder is good enough! why did mancini not start dzeko + tevez + balotelli at the same time? city have spent as much as madrid as well, haven't they?
City set up definsively too but it's understandable. They were away.
Mou's plan was to play on the counter. He expected City to attack. That's why Mou started Essien...He wanted someone that could play in the 'hole' and could also fall into midfield to help with defensive work.
They had more penetration once Ozil came on. They were limited to long range speculative efforts in the 1st half with few clear cut chances.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 19, 2012
How i wish City could have pulled that off! Anyway i am proud of their performance. Not many teams have given Madrid that kind of scare at home. Madrid chased the game until Ronaldo's late winner. City should now target a must win against Dortmund.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by A40(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2012
medjai: City set up definsively too but it's understandable. They were away.
Mou's plan was to play on the counter. He expected City to attack. That's why Mou started Essien...He wanted someone that could play in the 'hole' and could also fall into midfield to help with defensive work.
They had more penetration once Ozil came on. They were limited to long range speculative efforts in the 1st half with few clear cut chances.
Few clear cut chances? I can remember Joe Hart making 3-4 point blank saves in that time period! Granted Madrid fizzled out around the half hour mark or so
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by AjanleKoko: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2012
medjai: City set up definsively too but it's understandable. They were away.

No, haba. Let's be objective.
Madrid were far more effective, and controlled the majority of the possession in the first half.
Let's look at the stats:

Possession: RM 54% - 46% MNC
Shots: RM 29 - 8 MNC
Shots on Target: RM 16 - 5 MNC
Fouls: RM 6 - 9 MNC
Corners: RM 7 - 3 MNC

culled from here.

Madrid controlled the game, especially in the first half. City could not press high up the pitch, but preferred to sit back and soak up the pressure. Which was fine, as City were able to escape without conceding. But City managed a few breaks in the second half, had a decent spell, and were able to get on the scoresheet twice, despite all the pressure from Madrid. The only way they could have neutered a rampant Madrid would have been to consistently break up the play in the middle, stop balls coming out from the back. But they still decided to sit back and defend. All the three Madrid goals were as a result of the scorers having too much time on the ball.

City will have to understand how these continental teams play, if they want to survive in the UCL. Though I think they can muscle Ajax somewhat, but the best way forward for them would be to win all their home games, and try to play for at least a draw in the away fixtures.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by medjai(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

No, haba. Let's be objective.
Madrid were far more effective, and controlled the majority of the possession in the first half.
Let's look at the stats:

Possession: RM 54% - 46% MNC
Shots: RM 29 - 8 MNC
Shots on Target: RM 16 - 5 MNC
Fouls: RM 6 - 9 MNC
Corners: RM 7 - 3 MNC

culled from here.

Madrid controlled the game, especially in the first half. City could not press high up the pitch, but preferred to sit back and soak up the pressure. Which was fine, as City were able to escape without conceding. But City managed a few breaks in the second half, had a decent spell, and were able to get on the scoresheet twice, despite all the pressure from Madrid. The only way they could have neutered a rampant Madrid would have been to consistently break up the play in the middle, stop balls coming out from the back. But they still decided to sit back and defend. All the three Madrid goals were as a result of the scorers having too much time on the ball.

City will have to understand how these continental teams play, if they want to survive in the UCL. Though I think they can muscle Ajax somewhat, but the best way forward for them would be to win all their home games, and try to play for at least a draw in the away fixtures.
A-40:

Few clear cut chances? I can remember Joe Hart making 3-4 point blank saves in that time period! Granted Madrid fizzled out around the half hour mark or so
IMO, Mou complicated things and overrated City by playing Essien in the midfield. He was merely another man in the midfield, not sure of what his role was. Madrid would have been far more dangerous with Ozil in that advanced role could have scored more in the 1st half. They could have killed the game in the 2nd half by playing another CM. What happened was the reverse...Ozil's introduction made them more penetrative and he assisted Marcelo's goal.

Anyway, Mou should thank his stars they won the game. I can't imagine the shit-storm a loss would have caused.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by RuuDie(m): 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
On the contrary I think City overrated Madrid! They were scared and didn't play to their full attacking potential. . .they might not have UCL experience but man-for-man, they have enough quality to take the game to Madrid far more effectively than they did last night.
From splotches of play in that first half when City passed the ball around, didn't hurt Madrid though, but it showed their ability because Madrid pressed and couldn't get the ball, they also had men advancing into good positions and finding gaps in the midfield.
That Real team don't have a defence, get past the midfield and they'll be in 6's and 7's at the back!

Maicon and the #33 fellow had no business in that game and they sat way too deep all through.

Real were lucky --- but I guess deserved that bit of luck for their industry. . . but still on still, I don't think this will be one of their more memorable seasons, something is just not right about 'em!
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by A40(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
medjai: IMO, Mou complicated things and overrated City by playing Essien in the midfield. He was merely another man in the midfield, not sure of what his role was. Madrid would have been far more dangerous with Ozil in that advanced role could have scored more in the 1st half. They could have killed the game in the 2nd half by playing another CM. What happened was the reverse...Ozil's introduction made them more penetrative and he assisted Marcelo's goal.

Anyway, Mou should thank his stars they won the game. I can't imagine the shit-storm a loss would have caused.
I think Mourinho just wanted to make sure he secured the midfield cos City was essentially playing 4-5-1 he probably believed or expected creativity to come from his widemen! I also was shocked with Essien's inclusion but maybe Mou wanted to shake things up a bit
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
I think the problem is people overrate Madrid and usually play into their hands

Madrid love a high tempo running counter attack game because they have fast strikers. If you go to them toe- to -toe running most likely you would lose. Which City did yesterday

Try and dominate possession, Starve Ronaldo, Ozil, Benz and Dimaria (All 4 are not good to see when chasing the game). Slow down the tempo of the game as much as possible.

When is the next Bayern vs Madrid to see what I am talking about. I cant wait
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by coogar: 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu: I think the problem is people overrate Madrid and usually play into their hands

Madrid love a high tempo running counter attack game because they have fast strikers. If you go to them toe- to -toe running most likely you would lose. Which City did yesterday

Try and dominate possession, Starve Ronaldo, Ozil, Benz and Dimaria (All 4 are not good to see when chasing the game). Slow down the tempo of the game as much as possible.

see this dude - one would think bayern beat madrid 5-0 the last time they clashed. if it was this easy, how did the game drag to 120 mins and a penalty shoot out?
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by AjanleKoko: 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
A-40:

I think Mourinho just wanted to make sure he secured the midfield cos City was essentially playing 4-5-1 he probably believed or expected creativity to come from his widemen! I also was shocked with Essien's inclusion but maybe Mou wanted to shake things up a bit

Even with the 4-5-1, City still couldn't boss possession.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ortopazz(m): 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
Reporting For REAL MADRID , dint watch it though, buh then if Man.City cant beat Madrid now that we are struggling in the league, when then will they madrid? Cos in Ethihad, I see MADRID coming out winneqz.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ortopazz(m): 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
Thinking We own thz season, Champz league is safe hn the pocket! Yea am sure
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ortopazz(m): 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
We Madrid Fans shud be aware wiv this! Wiv my white angelic, stainless, no stress, blameless,
I sing!

De las glorias deportivas
que campean por España
va el Madrid con su bandera
limpia y blanca que no empaña
Club castizo y generoso,
todo nervio y corazón,
veteranos y noveles,
veteranos y noveles,
miran siempre tus laureles
con respeto y emoción
¡Hala Madrid!, ¡Hala Madrid!
Noble y bélico adalid,
caballero del honor.
¡Hala Madrid!, ¡Hala Madrid!
A triunfar en buena lid,
defendiendo tu color
¡Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid!, HalaMadrid!
Enemigo en la contienda,
cuando pierde da la mano
sin envidias ni rencores,
como bueno y fiel hermano
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 5:10am On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu: I think the problem is people overrate Madrid and usually play into their hands

as if the black beast outplayed real in either leg.
fy-info you will receive the thunking of your life if we mistakenly clash again.

wait,..... learn to beat dortmund first sef.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 5:20am On Sep 21, 2012
RuuDie: On the contrary I think City overrated Madrid! They were scared and didn't play to their full attacking potential. . .they might not have UCL experience but man-for-man, they have enough quality to take the game to Madrid far more effectively than they did last night.
From splotches of play in that first half when City passed the ball around, didn't hurt Madrid though, but it showed their ability because Madrid pressed and couldn't get the ball, they also had men advancing into good positions and finding gaps in the midfield.
That Real team don't have a defence, get past the midfield and they'll be in 6's and 7's at the back!

Maicon and the #33 fellow had no business in that game and they sat way too deep all through.

Real were lucky --- but I guess deserved that bit of luck for their industry. . . but still on still, I don't think this will be one of their more memorable seasons, something is just not right about 'em!

its the first game of the ucl and expectedly both teams will thread with caution against each other.

champions of the two best leagues in europe, so i dont see the overating in any quarters just mutual respect.

BTW,

when is sevilla playing their next continental match grin
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 5:22am On Sep 21, 2012
ortopazz: Thinking We own thz season, Champz league is safe hn the pocket! Yea am sure
too early to predict that.
but def not too early to want that
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by dayokanu(m): 5:28am On Sep 21, 2012
usbcable:

as if the black beast outplayed real in either leg.
fy-info you will receive the thunking of your life if we mistakenly clash again.

wait,..... learn to beat dortmund first sef.

Outplayed, outfought outthunk Madrid in both legs if not for Gomez profligacy
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FBS: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
usbcable:
when is sevilla playing their next continental match grin
you wicked ooh. lol grin
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by coogar: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mcleo007: Toure Yaya is pure class!

whether toure is class or not...this was how madrid felt after the victory...

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ortopazz(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hope we Thrash Rayo today!
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by medjai(m): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
Penaldo is back

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2012
"We can no longer afford to give away point not that we can no longer lose points".

-----Yes boss.

now lets go get another win over Depo.

hala madrid.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 7:50am On Oct 01, 2012
it was a goal fest.

hopefully this marks the beginning of a great run of form towards trophies.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FBS: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2012
usbcable: it was a goal fest.

hopefully this marks the beginning of a great run of form towards trophies.
could have been 10 nada sef. lol. Total RAMPAGE!!! grin
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by medjai(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2012
29 penalties in just a little over 3 seasons. What does Penaldo get paid for?
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by AjanleKoko: 11:08am On Oct 01, 2012
medjai: 29 penalties in just a little over 3 seasons. What does Penaldo get paid for?

There is some talk in the social media circles about a possible 'Penalty D'or' award coming up grin

Anyways, congrats to Ronaldo for returing to the top scorers' lineup. Looking forward to a tasty clasico, and expecting Tito to serve up more of the same wink
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FBS: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
way better than trying to get an opponent sent off. i guess that's what they teach in "that" academy. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1820) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.