Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,005 members, 7,863,633 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1175813 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
Bale strikes.

1-3
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
Why was Marcelo removed for Varane.. Is that the normal sub
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Why was Marcelo removed for Varane.. Is that the normal sub
nacho to the left, varane in the center.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Perfecto!

Benzema this is your season!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 10:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
How did that 4th goal stand?
Benz was offside nah
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
Big benz
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
abiodunalasa:

What do you think bro ? Looking at our team, do we have the dimension, variety and depth?

I prefer this point to the Spanish one.
As.much ad I criticise him for Spanish bias but he more important factor are the ones you just listed

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
Big benz should have had a hattrick now if not for his first goal that was ruled out.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
LordAdamX:

I thought we've settled this. Let the man tinker with his squad.

It's Girona, the team on the pitch should be steamrolling them. Why Girona even has the guts to come at the team perplexes me. If they were more clinical, it should be at least 3:1 now.

And this is almost the same team (way stronger even) that lost to Leganes in the CdR. The team shouldn't be struggling against Girona.

Where's the press we were accustomed to seeing in the pre-season by the way? I guess old habits die hard.

That said, I see no reason why Vinicius is shipped off to Castilla. We had Theo and Hakimi last year on the bench and at least gave them a chance for a year. Vinicius should get that too.

-Lord
Girona is no walk over team oooo.
We did not beat them over 2 legs last season.

So give them due respect

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Melvyn11: 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
That was Sergio Ramos' 75th goal for Real Madrid. just for laughs Andres Iniesta has 65 career goals. Ramos reaching 100 will be wow. Does any defender has 100?

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
nacho to the left, varane in the center.

So Nacho is better than Marcelo all of a sudden
Hmmm ok o
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
I would rather play Barka every week than play this Girona.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Unlimited22: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
Melvyn11:
That was Sergio Ramos' 75th goal for Real Madrid. just for laughs Andres Iniesta has 65 career goals. Ramos reaching 100 will be wow. Does any defender has 100?
I think Roberto Carlos does
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 11:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
Full time.

Girona 1-4 Real Madrid
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ramos now has a total of 56 league goals in 432 games, that makes him the 13th highest goalscorer still active in the LaLiga Santander.

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Melvyn11: 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
Unlimited22:

I think Roberto Carlos does
I just saw a defender with 253goals holy shittt Ronald koeman . How is that even Freaking possible?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Unlimited22: 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
Melvyn11:

I just saw a defender with 253goals holy shittt Ronald koeman . How is that even Freaking possible?
Yes. He was scoring 20 goals as a defender. Dude dey tear shot anyhow and he also was excellent at freekicks.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Kholiwe(f): 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
[quote author Melvyn11 post=70639696]
I just saw a defender with 253goals holy shittt Ronald koeman . How is that even Freaking possible?[/quote]

Over very own Fernando hierro has 160goals.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
usbcable:
Benz was offside nah

Let's count our blessings.

usbcable:

So give them due respect

Go and watch our first Girona game again. They sat back, defended all through and hit us when our defenders went to nap. They had a completely different approach to this game. From the get go, they came at us. It cost them in the end, especially with the 3rd and 4th goals; but if they had taken their chances in the first 55 minutes of the game, the FT scoreline would've been reversed and they'd be the ones hitting us on the counter.

The scoreline is great, but it's like our Fuelanbrada game. Navas had two brilliant saves, Carvajal cleared a ball on the line, we were broken down more times than I can count. In the first 20 minutes, it was open season at the Marcelo wing. We mustn't sweat or count on our opposition to be wasteful to win games.

Imagine for a second if it was Man City we played, we'd be begging them to keep the scoreline respectable.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
abiodunalasa:

So Nacho is better than Marcelo all of a sudden
Hmmm ok o
It was a tactical change
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
Full time.

Girona 1-4 Real Madrid

3 points in the bag. Unto next week.

But seriously, what is Lope doing with his boys all week that our defense barely improves week to week. Is it a RM curse or something.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
LordAdamX:

Let's count our blessings.

Go and watch our first Girona game again. They sat back, defended all through and hit us when our defenders went to nap. They had a completely different approach to this game. From the get go, they came at us. It cost them in the end, especially with the 3rd and 4th goals; but if they had taken their chances in the first 55 minutes of the game, the FT scoreline would've been reversed and they'd be the ones hitting us on the counter.

The scoreline is great, but it's like our Fuelanbrada game. Navas had two brilliant saves, Carvajal cleared a ball on the line, we were broken down more times than I can count. In the first 20 minutes, it was open season at the Marcelo wing. We mustn't sweat or count on our opposition to be wasteful to win games.

Imagine for a second if it was Man City we played, we'd be begging them to keep the scoreline respectable.

-Lord
Theire high press was their undoing.
They tired out
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
usbcable:

Theire high press was their undoing.
They tired out

It wasn't so much the tiring out. The whole idea of a high press early in the game is to get a lead, cement it, then slow down, let the opposition come at you, then blast on the counter using conserved energy.

They got the first part right, was unable to consolidate with a second, Madrid grew into the game, and by that time it was too late. Even Liverpool gas out after 70 minutes, and that entire team is built for the high press.

Game opened up, Madrid found acres of space gaping, Bale couldn't have asked for a better gift.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
beIN Sports Man of The Match.

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
LordAdamX:

3 points in the bag. Unto next week.

But seriously, what is Lope doing with his boys all week that our defense barely improves week to week. Is it a RM curse or something.

-Lord
our defence is sh*t, Girona would have scored 2 more if not for Carvajal's right foot blocking that dangerous shot and navas coming out of his line to play the ball out.

Imagine Ramos leaving his defensive duties just to go and score. I'm just glad we overcame this stone heads, another huge test for us is against athletic Bilbao, those guys messed with us real good last season.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2018
Miremoses1:
our defence is sh*t, Girona would have scored 2 more if not for Carvajal's right foot blocking that dangerous shot and navas coming out of his line to play the ball out.

Imagine Ramos leaving his defensive duties just to go and score. I'm just glad we overcame this stone heads, another huge test for us is against athletic Bilbao, those guys messed with us real good last season.

Any decent team with a good attacking threat will be a huge test.

We need this defense because the Bale/Benzema honeymoon wouldn't continue ad infinitum. There'd be games when things are slow or doesn't go well for them. And then we'd be expecting our defense to hold a slim lead. I just have this feeling that when push comes to shove, the defense will fall apart like a pack of cards.

Marcelo, Ramos, Varane/Nacho, Carvajal, Casemiro--the best players in the world at their respective positions. In the same game that we have Bale and Asensio who should be covering for the RB/LB respectively. And somehow the defense is still sh*tty! It astounds me!

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Unlimited22: 12:18am On Aug 27, 2018
LordAdamX:

Any decent team with a good attacking threat will be a huge test.

We need this defense because the Bale/Benzema honeymoon wouldn't continue ad infinitum. There'd be games when things are slow or doesn't go well for them. And then we'd be expecting our defense to hold a slim lead. I just have this feeling that when push comes to shove, the defense will fall apart like a pack of cards.

Marcelo, Ramos, Varane/Nacho, Carvajal, Casemiro--the best players in the world at their respective positions. In the same game that we have Bale and Asensio who should be covering for the RB/LB respectively. And somehow the defense is still sh*tty! It astounds me!

-Lord
The problem is that you guys have too many attacking/striking defenders.
Your captain, for example, is the 13th highest goalscorer still active in La Liga. From fuccking centreback.
Marcelo sometimes forgets that this isn't that season he was played on the wing, and that he is now playing at left back.
Carvajal wants to whip crosses in all day long.
Na Varane and Navas go defend am only them?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by nyabinghi(m): 3:41am On Aug 27, 2018
Madrid winning and scoring without Ronaldo, last season Madrid couldn't beat girona,Madrid is greater than Rinaldo
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 4:10am On Aug 27, 2018
Benzema, 3 goals in 3 games. average of 1 goal per game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 4:11am On Aug 27, 2018
usbcable:
Benz was offside nah

No he wasn't! he was behind the ball

[img]https://imagizer./v2/320xq90/r/924/X0j5KB.jpg[/img]
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 6:01am On Aug 27, 2018
usbcable:

So give them due respect
We lost 2-1 last season in this very stadium. This season we win 4-1

our strikers are firing

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Netfilix: 7:02am On Aug 27, 2018
nyabinghi:
Madrid winning and scoring without Ronaldo, last season Madrid couldn't beat girona,Madrid is greater than Ronaldo

Who says otherwise?

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.