Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? (31141 Views)

Washing Automobile Mechanical Parts With Petrol; Is It Really Wrong? / What Are Your Experiences With A V6 Engine? Does It Consume A Lot Of Fuel? / What Makes A V6 Engine Different From Normal Car Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? by Ikenna351(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2012
gulfer: Trac, Yungboss, Ikenna etc, you guys are the masters/teachers and I am happy to be in your school. All these learning will surely influence my next car; certainly a BMW I6 preferably a 3series coja.

I always admire that car whenever i see one, especially the 328i. I would imagine how it handles.

The truth is, a RWD car with 6 cylinder engine, is a pleasure to drive. Its completely different from FWD 6 cylinder engine car. Am a living testimony to that, after owning a RWD V6 and FWD V6 for a while now.

Ikenna.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? by LeJeun3: 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ikenna351:

I always admire that car whenever i see one, especially the 328i. I would imagine how it handles.

The truth is, a RWD car with 6 cylinder engine, is a pleasure to drive. Its completely different from FWD 6 cylinder engine car. Am a living testimony to that, after owning a RWD V6 and FWD V6 for a while now.

Ikenna.
U spoke my mind sire! Exactly how I feel bout RWD as against FWD,
Re: What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? by Acelifted: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ikenna351: Am not hear to talk about how good, durable & fuel efficient a V6 can be. If its not that good, i wouldnt have gone for another V6 as my second car. Am not saying Inline 4 engine is not good, it depends on what you want out of a car, which am not here to discuss, since its not what this thread is all about.

That clown that told you to convert your car to I4 or swap in I4 engine to your V6 engine bay should not have any business with spanners. Or at least, should not have any business with modern cars with EFI engines like yours. Does he really know what it takes to do such a conversion? So he thinks it ends only with the engine swap? Interesting!

To swap in an I4 engine into that your car, that particluar I4 engine harness/wires, not just any Camry I4 harness, will also be swapped in, including that engine complete sensors, relays & ECU/PCM, which must be done with that I4 engine wiring diagram, which I bet you dont have. First, you need to know the paritcular I4 engine model number to get the exact diagram. Also, you should note that the transmission maynot match. So you will need to buy a complete I4 engine with tansmission bolted to it, including the tansmission sensors, harness & ECU too. The radiator maynot match as well, due to different positioning of the water pumps & thermostat housing on both the V6 & I4 engines. So you may need to swap in the I4 radiator too. The best way to do such conversion is to get a donor car & transfer what you need from the donor car to the car been converted. Remember, any wrong connection of the engine harness will result to a lot of issues. Either the car wont start at all or even if it starts, it will never run properly.

Its your call.

Ikenna.

IK, Thanks. You ve spoken correctly. I followed your advise. You do well.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? by Ikenna351(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
Acelifted:

IK, Thanks. You ve spoken correctly. I followed your advise. You do well.

Ok.

So, what exactly did you do then? Replace the engine with an identical I4 engine? Or you carried out the conversion from I4 to V6 properly as advised ?

Ikenna.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? by Jagermeister(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
I listen to ignorant Nigerians say crap about V6- And I feel so sorry for them, I doubt if I can ever really buy an I4...V6 & above!
Re: What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? by ladderman(m): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Please Nairalanders (Brodas and Sistas), I have a Toyota camry 2002-2003 model with an I4 engine but I'm not impressed with its performance especially when the air condition is turned on, it robbs power off my engine. Please is it possible to replace the I4 engine with a V6 engine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video / Bus Hits & Kills Some Cows In Delta State (Photos) / 2019 Lexus ES Unveiled (photos, Details And Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.