Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,451 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:12 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926814 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hov63: tnx oga temmy. Im grateful 4 ur help. But can i take along transcript 4 any possible outcome or they may jux interview me per da SHS requirement. Tnx once again bros.
No need,they will ask you your present highest education and you just tell them and show them evidence like school ID card
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
atseyi:

Which Birth Certificate did you present, Normal certificate from Birth or NPC Birth Certificate??

I believe this question has been answered but since i saw it like twice: I used my original birth certificate.
It had everything i needed - dob, parents name so i didn't need NPC.
But like it's been rightly said, you can use either.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
Don Kool:

I believe this question has been answered but since i saw it like twice: I used my original birth certificate.
It had everything i needed - dob, parents name so i didn't need NPC.
But like it's been rightly said, you can use either.
tanx bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
Tnx Oga temmy but i have been in da university since 09 b4 winning. Do i need to show jux I.D 2 cover for not filling wid da uni. Im very confused cos i expect ma interview in december. Need to get done wid this once and 4all. Tnx.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by busayodot: 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hov63: Tnx Oga temmy but i have been in da university since 09 b4 winning. Do i need to show jux I.D 2 cover for not filling wid da uni. Im very confused cos i expect ma interview in december. Need to get done wid this once and 4all. Tnx.
Hey, the minimum qualification is the secondary school degree, so relax and stop being confused. Go with every document you have but only show the ones that is being asked and also tell the truth about your present schooling, your case seems very easy and good so relax.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 12:39am On Oct 06, 2012
@busayodot tnx man.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2012
Hov63: Tnx Oga temmy but i have been in da university since 09 b4 winning. Do i need to show jux I.D 2 cover for not filling wid da uni. Im very confused cos i expect ma interview in december. Need to get done wid this once and 4all. Tnx.
You might be asked if you tell them you are in the university but its not must oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 1:35am On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: You might be asked if you tell them you are in the university but its not must oo
Tnx Oga temmy. Really need to email u 4 more help b4 ma interview. Ma email is: Boakyetawiah@yahoo.com. Well done oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iScamfieil: 6:54am On Oct 06, 2012
I sincerely wish to say thank U̶̲̥̅̊ to all contributors to Τђį̸̸̨§ forum FO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ir laudable suggestions and Experiences.

Congrats to MR. Don
And more testimonies are underway.

A piece of advice to fellow interview waiters: pls don't present any document to Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ CO except requested and be direct to any question.
« I'm very sure "God has not left Heaven"!»
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by packaging(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2012
pls house is it okay for someone above age 24 to tender an NPC birth certificate issued year 2000 on his/her interview day ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 06, 2012
Hov63: Tnx Oga temmy. Really need to email u 4 more help b4 ma interview. Ma email is: Boakyetawiah@yahoo.com. Well done oo

Majority depends on what is on DS and DSP.You defend what you said on those forms.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2012
HOUSE. PLS JUST TO KNOW HOW MANY PICTURES WILL BE OK FOR MARRIED COUPLES TO TAKE ALONG TO THE EMBASSY TO CONVINCE THE CONSULAR OFFICER. THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2012
Plz help on this isue
hello to good people on this good thread i need a liitle help on this isue that is troubling my mind,i was selected for further processing on dv 2013 my isue is this:i apply with my hubby and my little baby then as married bt then we havn't leggally married then bt we have been leaving together immediatly my hubby paid my my bride pprize to to my parent we are planig it in big then bt something occur in my family then so my parent decide that we should just make as a parlour stuff so my hubby paid my bride price and we started leaving together(5 years now)so immidiatly we we gt back to my hubby house we sugest that i should go to court off justice to make a changes of name to my husband name ever since av been using his name in whatever i do bt i didnt publish on any news magazine bt i av the afidavit with me and i used to change my name in my working place,so when the result came out so we meet a travel agent that advice us to make our marriage more leggaly ok,so we went to registry early june to make it done and we avv the pictuers and the marriage cert,hope we are good to go?
2nd isuen my o level result i av 7credit pass bt i av D7on my ENG&MATHS and my highest quolification is is N.C.E and av a good grade on it,hope we are good to go?plz i ll be waiting to hear from u people soon.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2012
HOUSE. PLS JUST TO KNOW HOW MANY PICTURES WILL BE OK FOR MARRIED COUPLES TO TAKE ALONG TO THE EMBASSY TO CONVINCE THE CONSULAR OFFICER. THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:16am On Oct 06, 2012
vacancy: HOUSE. PLS JUST TO KNOW HOW MANY PICTURES WILL BE OK FOR MARRIED COUPLES TO TAKE ALONG TO THE EMBASSY TO CONVINCE THE CONSULAR OFFICER. THANKS
my brother u can tk 3 of ur old courtship pix together wth u wedding and engagement pix. good luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2012
vacancy: HOUSE. PLS JUST TO KNOW HOW MANY PICTURES WILL BE OK FOR MARRIED COUPLES TO TAKE ALONG TO THE EMBASSY TO CONVINCE THE CONSULAR OFFICER. THANKS
Take as many as possible,infact take your family album with you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Hi all,

i played the Dv2013 and i won it. just want to know if affidavit for sponsor is important for the interview.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:26am On Oct 06, 2012
jidex001: Hi all,

i played the Dv2013 and i won it. just want to know if affidavit for sponsor is important for the interview.thanks
not needed for naija applicants
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 10:30am On Oct 06, 2012

it is NOT, am talking with fact and can prove it.
1. Everybody that has gone for interview said nothing like that.
2. Someone email the embassy in lagos asking if its needed and the reply he got was that its nolonger required.
Any of you can email the embassy to confirm it, just state ur name, case no and interview day and time.
Fact not Assumption.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:54am On Oct 06, 2012
tosdem: Plz help on this isue
hello to good people on this good thread i need a liitle help on this isue that is troubling my mind,i was selected for further processing on dv 2013 my isue is this:i apply with my hubby and my little baby then as married bt then we havn't leggally married then bt we have been leaving together immediatly my hubby paid my my bride pprize to to my parent we are planig it in big then bt something occur in my family then so my parent decide that we should just make as a parlour stuff so my hubby paid my bride price and we started leaving together(5 years now)so immidiatly we we gt back to my hubby house we sugest that i should go to court off justice to make a changes of name to my husband name ever since av been using his name in whatever i do bt i didnt publish on any news magazine bt i av the afidavit with me and i used to change my name in my working place,so when the result came out so we meet a travel agent that advice us to make our marriage more leggaly ok,so we went to registry early june to make it done and we avv the pictuers and the marriage cert,hope we are good to go?
2nd isuen my o level result i av 7credit pass bt i av D7on my ENG&MATHS and my highest quolification is is N.C.E and av a good grade on it,hope we are good to go?plz i ll be waiting to hear from u people soon.

I dont think there is any problem since you have your kid and pictures to prove,with other supporting documents like affidavit.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2012

Carefully select your pre-wedding pictures (a.k.a engagement pic),wedding pics,
post-wedding pic; family pics,naming ceremony pics,child dedicating pics.Avoid any pics you can't defend.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by wilson007: 11:03am On Oct 06, 2012
Pls can someone confirm to me about the second result that was suppose to be out this oct for 2013 entrants... Nothing on the website says anything about it..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2012

Congrats my brother for being selected. Affidavit of Support MAY no longer be applicable to Nigerian selectees though I have not personally verified this position. However, it's stated that the CO reserves the discretion to ask or otherwise. My simple counsel has always been to keep one handy if you got a sponsor willing to give you one. If you got no one, well, go as you're. It's well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2012
Gentiger:

Congrats my brother for being selected. Affidavit of Support MAY no longer be applicable to Nigerian selectees though I have not personally verified this position. However, it's stated that the CO reserves the discretion to ask or otherwise. My simple counsel has always been to keep one handy if you got a sponsor willing to give you one. If you got no one, well, go as you're. It's well.
I want believe you are a lawyer and a 2013 winner,why not mail lagos embassy and ask yourself instead of beating around the BUSH

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon:
it is NOT, am talking with fact and can prove it.
1. Everybody that has gone for interview said nothing like that.
2. Someone email the embassy in lagos asking if its needed and the reply he got was that its nolonger required.
Any of you can email the embassy to confirm it, just state ur name, case no and interview day and time.
Fact not Assumption.

i have not got any interview date yet, Pls can you teach or guide me how i can get my interview date
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 11:48am On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: I want believe you are a lawyer and a 2013 winner,why not mail lagos embassy and ask yourself instead of beating around the BUSH
Thanks bro, i will do that .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:55am On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: I want believe you are a lawyer and a 2013 winner,why not mail lagos embassy and ask yourself instead of beating around the BUSH

My brother, I don't doubt you. I believe you. The word discretionary is more of a legal term than an ordinary English word. By my training, I understand its import and hence the reason for my counsel. Really if you ask me, there is nothing wrong with having one tucked away some where just incase. You have written the embassy and they said it's not needed. That's Ok. But as long as the CO has the discretionary powers conferred on him to ask or otherwise, it's only instructive to procure one if a sponsor is Willing to assist.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
The Embassy may not respond to your email unless you have gotten ur interview date.
I personaly know a farmily of 6 that went for ther interview and they dint request for AOS.
Fact not Assumption but you can put your self through the wahala of trying to get one and at the end you will understand that it was a complete waste of time.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2012

i have not got any interview date yet, Pls can you teach or guide me how i can get my interview date on the visa bulletin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon: The Embassy will not respond to your email unless you have gotten ur interview date.
I personaly know a farmily of 6 that went for ther interview and they dint request for AOS.
Fact not Assumption.

ok. how do know or predict from visa bulletin date or period the interview could be . cos my CN is so close.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
jidex001:

ok. how do know or predict from visa bulletin date or period the interview could be . cos my CN is so close.
whats the range of ur CN and when did u submit ur form? I may advice you to read through the forum if you new here,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon:
whats the range of ur CN and when did u submit ur form? I may advice you to read through the forum if you new here,

Af000010***, i submitted in September. all because i applied via Applechioce and i didn't get my confirmation number on time and i forgot about it and Applechioce called to notify me sept 4 and i sent d filled forms less than a week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.