Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,259 members, 7,860,594 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926826 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Read line 4,5 & 6 of form I-134 and reply
me that u stand by your initial statement
as a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
adzovia: i guess this forum is not only for Nigerians but other nationals as well. if there is an issue concerning one country for example the affidavit of support i think is fair to say "i am from this country and is not needed" cause other ppl from other countries might need it and go there unprepared that is why i am of the view that is better to be prepared than sorry. and please let tempers cool down. i believe things tend to get heated up
when this affidavit thing is mentioned i dont know why. please let everyone smile cause we are all winners

Ure ryt adzovia. I'm frm ghana n kip gettn confused too

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
honeydee:

Ure ryt adzovia. I'm frm ghana n kip gettn confused too
why not mail US embassy in Ghana and ask?No affidavit of support apply to naija applicants, i dont know about other countries

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: See your mouth like toy! so everybody would be happy to drop his bank statement to any one. Do you know how tax returns are filed for? what if hasnt done so for ages? do you the implication? Mr Toy!

This guy just they yap me anyhow. We'll still be best friends someday. It's difficult to live in the States and not file tax returns. The system makes tax evading and avoidance difficult. As for bank statements, the system already knows your monthly income and expected tax returns even if you don't disclose.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
Gentiger:

This guy just they yap me anyhow. We'll still be best friends someday. It's difficult to live in the States and not file tax returns. The system makes tax evading and avoidance difficult. As for bank statements, the system already knows your monthly income and expected tax returns even if you don't disclose.
people stil evade tax despite the tight policy governing it.Do you want me to mention celebrity names that had issues with tax returns? Answer Kemzone question first
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Gentiger:

am not trying to yap you but put things straight.
http://www.yoursmartmoneymoves.com/2012/04/16/top-5-celebrities-who-had-tax-problems-with-the-irs/

@all Am very sorry for the little diversion.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: am not trying to yap you but put things straight.
http://www.yoursmartmoneymoves.com/2012/04/16/top-5-celebrities-who-had-tax-problems-with-the-irs/

@all Am very sorry for the little diversion.

The only reason why you knew they evaded tax was because they were CAUGHT. That's the point I am making. The Law is meant to be broken. However, punitive measures are in place to serve as deterrent. It's just a matter of time before tax evaders get busted. No try an for Texax sha. Deportation straight if you never get your Pali.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kemzone2003:
Read line 4,5 & 6 of form I-134 and reply
me that u stand by your initial statement
as a lawyer.

Kemzone, which aspects of my post didn't you understand? Everyone sha wants to attack a lawyer.

I have not said AOS is needed. I have said that since it's at the discretion of the CO to ask or otherwise, having one as a precautionary measure is not a bad idea. Which of the grammar there is too complex to understand? Abeg, Gentiger wants to see Merlin season 3. We go yan later. 'Yawns.'
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
Gentiger:

Kemzone, which aspects of my post didn't you understand? Everyone sha wants to attack a lawyer.

I have not said AOS is needed. I have said that since it's at the discretion of the CO to ask or otherwise, having one as a precautionary measure is not a bad idea. Which of the grammar there is too complex to understand? Abeg, Gentiger wants to see Merlin season 3. We go yan later. 'Yawns.'
thats why i say you beat around the BUSH
@ all, see copy of AOS and please take note of no 4,5,6. those are some of the reason your host wont give you AOS

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
for d benefits of dv2013 winners that re not Nigerians AOS is not applicable here in 9ja but it could be in other countries,pls nobody is confusing u.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: thats why i say you beat around the BUSH
@ all, see copy of AOS and please take note of no 4,5,6. those are some of the reason your host wont give you AOS

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

I have form i-134 in my laptop and I am very conversant with the numbers Kemzone referred to.

If your relatives send you such vital document with a view to house and feed you till you can fend for yourself, how does that affect him? One thing you can never lack in the States is good food, clothings and shelter from your host. What more do you want? I no get bush around my Festac residence to beat around o.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
adzovia: i guess this forum is not only for Nigerians but other nationals as well. if there is an issue concerning one country for example the affidavit of support i think is fair to say "i am from this country and is not needed" cause other ppl from other countries might need it and go there unprepared that is why i am of the view that is better to be prepared than sorry. and please let tempers cool down. i believe things tend to get heated up when this affidavit thing is mentioned i dont know why. please let everyone smile cause we are all winners
@adzovia since u have ur interview date i thnk u can mail gh embassy to confirm da AOS trouble 4 we ghanaians cos i hav asked atleast 4 dv2012 winners in US nw nd they all said its not required. Im gettin confused.tnx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: why not mail US embassy in Ghana and ask?No affidavit of support apply to naija applicants, i dont know about other countries

Will do dat temmy. Uve bn of tremendous help. Ave read a lot of ur previous posts. God bless you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hov63: @adzovia since u have ur interview date i thnk u can mail gh embassy to confirm da AOS trouble 4 we ghanaians cos i hav asked atleast 4 dv2012 winners in US nw nd they all said its not required. Im gettin confused.tnx

Yh adzovia pls do dat and I wish u all d best in ur interview. Can't wait to hear ur success story dear
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
tosdem: thanks bro what of the isue of result?i av 7credit pass with D7 on my maths and eng and oalso ad N.C.E as my highest quolification hope am good to go?
tosdem, you are good to go.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT PALAVER[/b]AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT PALAVER:FB Edition season 1

13 November 2010Adesoji
13 November 2010
Kehinde
Hey Ade, Congrats on your DV win. Good to hear from you. Yeah, raleigh is a good place to live in. There are more job opportunities there, and it's the capital of North Carolina, bigger than Greensboro where I live with my family. I think you picked a good location to start with. Greetings to the family.
13 November 2010
Adesoji
Thanks Kenny,I am really preparing for the show, i am required to come along with form I-864(sponsors affidavit)frm citizen/domicile of US for my interview, i really need your assistance regarding these.since i am the one sponsoring myself i dont know it is so important,but pple says it is.
14 November 2010
Kehinde
Hey Ade, Sorry for the lateness in replying your email. My computer broke down, but it's fixed now. Form I-864 need up-to-date tax information to verify income and to ensure that your sponsor has the financial capability to sustain you and your family when you get here, (even as you are staying in another city). The most important thing they want the form for is to prove ability of the sponsor to help you and your family financially if need be. It is a very important form to have. I am just afraid I might not be the best option, as I am the only one currently working in my family since my wife is in school, and our income is limited for a family of four.

I would not want you to have a form that really cannot prove ability to help sustain your family here, which could end the process, as nothing is guaranteed until you have your visa. I will suggest you contact Jide or Lekan , as both are very much in lucrative fields (pharmacy / engineering). Wishing you the best in this important step.

Adesoji
Lekan, sorry for bothering you again,i think God prepares you for day like this.My interview is schedule for last week in December and i need your help.US embassy requires we come along with form I-340(affidavit of support).from a us citizen/domicile i need your help as urgent as possible.this does not require any financial implication from your side but your consent.I need your quick response pls.
16 November 2010
Adesoji
Sorry the form is I-864 and not I-340
7 December 2010
Olalekan
Soji, sorry for the silence on my part. I have been extremely busy and have not been checking FB. I am not familiar with the form and get back to you no later than Thursday. Thanks.
11 December 2010
Adesoji
Thanks lekan, i have been busy too, i just concluded my medicals yesterday, i came back frm lag, it was a sucess.
12 December 2010Ol
alekan
Soji, I have looked over the form and I am familiar with it. I had to fill it out for my dad and later on my mum. I will not be able to show financial support for additional people at this time. Sorry that I am not able to help but I am sure you will find assistance with this soon in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT PALAVER[/b]AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT PALAVER:FB Edition season 1

13 November 2010Adesoji
13 November 2010
Kehinde
Hey Ade, Congrats on your DV win. Good to hear from you. Yeah, raleigh is a good place to live in. There are more job opportunities there, and it's the capital of North Carolina, bigger than Greensboro where I live with my family. I think you picked a good location to start with. Greetings to the family.
13 November 2010
Adesoji
Thanks Kenny,I am really preparing for the show, i am required to come along with form I-864(sponsors affidavit)frm citizen/domicile of US for my interview, i really need your assistance regarding these.since i am the one sponsoring myself i dont know it is so important,but pple says it is.
14 November 2010
Kehinde
Hey Ade, Sorry for the lateness in replying your email. My computer broke down, but it's fixed now. Form I-864 need up-to-date tax information to verify income and to ensure that your sponsor has the financial capability to sustain you and your family when you get here, (even as you are staying in another city). The most important thing they want the form for is to prove ability of the sponsor to help you and your family financially if need be. It is a very important form to have. I am just afraid I might not be the best option, as I am the only one currently working in my family since my wife is in school, and our income is limited for a family of four.

I would not want you to have a form that really cannot prove ability to help sustain your family here, which could end the process, as nothing is guaranteed until you have your visa. I will suggest you contact Jide or Lekan , as both are very much in lucrative fields (pharmacy / engineering). Wishing you the best in this important step.

Adesoji
Lekan, sorry for bothering you again,i think God prepares you for day like this.My interview is schedule for last week in December and i need your help.US embassy requires we come along with form I-340(affidavit of support).from a us citizen/domicile i need your help as urgent as possible.this does not require any financial implication from your side but your consent.I need your quick response pls.
16 November 2010
Adesoji
Sorry the form is I-864 and not I-340
7 December 2010
Olalekan
Soji, sorry for the silence on my part. I have been extremely busy and have not been checking FB. I am not familiar with the form and get back to you no later than Thursday. Thanks.
11 December 2010
Adesoji
Thanks lekan, i have been busy too, i just concluded my medicals yesterday, i came back frm lag, it was a sucess.
12 December 2010Ol
alekan
Soji, I have looked over the form and I am familiar with it. I had to fill it out for my dad and later on my mum. I will not be able to show financial support for additional people at this time. Sorry that I am not able to help but I am sure you will find assistance with this soon in Jesus name. Amen.

anxiously waiting for season II
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: anxiously waiting for season II

coming soon! book your copy now!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
@adesoji,ha ha ha dis AOS season 1 film go kill smone ooo am vry sure season 2 go bad oo cant wait oo. AOS PALAVA see as ur pple jst dey dodge to help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@adesoji,ha ha ha dis AOS season 1 film go kill smone ooo am vry sure season 2 go bad oo cant wait oo. AOS PALAVA see as ur pple jst dey dodge to help.

dont mind my people, we too like to flex muscle over nothing,Embassy says this is the time of grace, my people still want fire to come down from heaven, if you cant believe the voice of a man how you go believe God wey you never see.if you can get 10 affidavit of support please help others with one.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

dont mind my people, we too like to flex muscle over nothing,Embassy says this is the time of grace, my people still want fire to come down from heaven, if you cant believe the voice of a man how you go believe God wey you never see.if you can get 10 affidavit of support please help others with one.
lol my brother pls am waiting 4 d season 2 or must i book 4 my copy its 12am here in 9ja i wan sleep oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 1:32am On Oct 07, 2012
Some of us are becoming childish in this forum. With all sense of maturity, pls let's b honest: I did not read anywhere this lawyer has said you must have affidavit of support. He only said if you can, so why all the drama? He never said it's a must. Please, no need for season 2 o! I know many of you in this forum will someday unmask your coded identities n help each other to grow in the states. As una dey yab one another, na so una go become best of friends over there in U.S. I am talking from experience because "binti laiye o"!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:57am On Oct 07, 2012
ogbonlowob: Some of us are becoming childish in this forum. With all sense of maturity, pls let's b honest: I did not read anywhere this lawyer has said you must have affidavit of support. He only said if you can, so why all the drama? He never said it's a must. Please, no need for season 2 o! I know many of you in this forum will someday unmask your coded identities n help each other to grow in the states. As una dey yab one another, na so una go become best of friends over there in U.S. I am talking from experience because "binti laiye o"!

baba! this is true life story o, on popular demand -AOS Palava season 2 o ma too jade oooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

baba! this is true life story o, on popular demand -AOS Palava season 2 o ma too jade oooooo
......Get ur copy now!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2012
ogbonlowob: Some of us are becoming childish in this forum. With all sense of maturity, pls let's b honest: I did not read anywhere this lawyer has said you must have affidavit of support. He only said if you can, so why all the drama? He never said it's a must. Please, no need for season 2 o! I know many of you in this forum will someday unmask your coded identities n help each other to grow in the states. As una dey yab one another, na so una go become best of friends over there in U.S. I am talking from experience because "binti laiye o"!
Why advice ppl to source for what the Lagos Embassy said is not required and will not be requested.
Attempting to source for AOS is creating enemity btw you and your family and friends because you will not get a pleasant reply as regards to AOS.
You can imagin how adesojiaderemi felt when he got those reply from ppl he calls family or friends. Its all abt setting the record straight.
The Lagos Embassy will not request for what is no longer a requirement for DV processing in NIGERIA. Can you pls translate this reply from the Lagos Embassy :"AOS is no longer a requirement for diversity visa processing"
pls make sure you translate that reply in simple english.
My brother, when a person that does ITK comes to my office, i know how to treat them right.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

tosdem, you are good to go.
yeh my bro,coming to amen soon.......gbam
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:19am On Oct 07, 2012
Gentiger:

I have form i-134 in my laptop and I am very conversant with the numbers Kemzone referred to.

If your relatives send you such vital document with a view to house and feed you till you can fend for yourself, how does that affect him? One thing you can never lack in the States is good food, clothings and shelter from your host. What more do you want? I no get bush around my Festac residence to beat around o.
what of the bush between festac first gate-2nd(amuwo)-3rdgate(alakija)?I rep FTT bro grin grin grin. God knows we might even knw each other.
My brother, no HATE or HARD FEELINGs towards you but just trying to put the records straight. If you see the anxiety in people and the questions they asked here everyday,you will noticed that going extra length to get AOS(which is not needed for naija applicants) could cause something else for them.
it is well and i wish you the very best in your forth coming interview

@soji, pls dont drop season II. Lets move on to some other vital issues
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=temmytanny]I filled my primary school certificate too.No issues bro. Your primary school cert isnt needed so bother not.
About affidavit,someone mailed Lagos embassy to confirm this and the reply he got was straight forward. NOT NEEDED!
[/quote....pls what is the mail in which I can use to contact KCC to confirm if they have received my letter cos I av called and its not working.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:28am On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=idoo4love][/quote]when did you send your document to KCC?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:51am On Oct 07, 2012
temmytanny: what of the bush between festac first gate-2nd(amuwo)-3rdgate(alakija)?I rep FTT bro grin grin grin. God knows we might even knw each other.
My brother, no HATE or HARD FEELINGs towards you but just trying to put the records straight. If you see the anxiety in people and the questions they asked here everyday,you will noticed that going extra length to get AOS(which is not needed for naija applicants) could cause something else for them.
it is well and i wish you the very best in your forth coming interview

@soji, pls dont drop season II. Lets move on to some other vital issues

Sorry my people,season 2 suspended due to some technical difficulties.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Sorry my people,season 2 suspended due to some technical difficulties.
ope oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.