Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,513 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926820 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
jidex001:

Af000010***, i submitted in September. all because i applied via Applechioce and i didn't get my confirmation number on time and i forgot about it and Applechioce called to notify me sept 4 and i sent d filled forms less than a week.
you may be current in Dec or Jan but for the fact that you are new here pls read through the forum from page 1 and i bet you, you will have no question to ask.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Gentiger:

My brother, I don't doubt you. I believe you. The word discretionary is more of a legal term than an ordinary English word. By my training, I understand its import and hence the reason for my counsel. Really if you ask me, there is nothing wrong with having one tucked away some where just incase. You have written the embassy and they said it's not needed. That's Ok. But as long as the CO has the discretionary powers conferred on him to ask or otherwise, it's only instructive to procure one if a sponsor is Willing to assist.

Gentiger...You never forget this affidavit issue..to be fair..if you read the content of the affidavit you will see that 10‰ of winners can never get an AOS.
It is not a requirement in Nigeria..confirm..if you go with yours, they may not even collect it from you sef.

Lets not make that an Issue here...there are so many things to be overcome public charge condition...skills and qualifications of the applicant is a major consideration..it is regarded as a fictitious asset.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon: The Embassy may not respond to your email unless you have gotten ur interview date.
I personaly know a farmily of 6 that went for ther interview and they dint request for AOS.
Fact not Assumption but you can put your self through the wahala of trying to get one and at the end you will understand that it was a complete waste of time.

If you read in-between the lines, you would clearly understand the following:
1. If the embassy says the affidavit of support isn't neccesary, you are not compelled to bring one. What Gentinger is only saying is that if your sponsor is willing and can readily give you one, then collect it and bring it with you to the interview since the CO may use his discretion to ask or not to ask. If you, however, cannot get one, no problem at all. It's fine, go to the interview without one, but go with a copy of the email from the embassy that says the AOS isn't necessary. So, if you have butterflies in your stomach, please email the embassy now and arm yourself with their response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: I want believe you are a lawyer and a 2013 winner,why not mail lagos embassy and ask yourself instead of beating around the BUSH

sorry Temmy, that word beating around the bush sounds rude. Moreover, sm one just mentioned that the embassy will not respond to ur email if u hv not bin scheduled 4 interview. You have been helpful in this forum, but please...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:

sorry Temmy, that word beating around the bush sounds rude. Moreover, sm one just mentioned that the embassy will not respond to ur email if u hv not bin scheduled 4 interview. You have been helpful in this forum, but please...
pls what? We are here to help and not confuse any one. If you have doubt about anything,it doesnt cost you anything to mail the appropriate agency to find out. If you dont do research,you will know nothing.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I dont think there is any problem since you have your kid and pictures to prove,with other supporting documents like affidavit.
thanks bro what of the isue of result?i av 7credit pass with D7 on my maths and eng and oalso ad N.C.E as my highest quolification hope am good to go?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: pls what? We are here to help and not confuse any one. If you have doubt about anything,it doesnt cost you anything to mail the appropriate agency to find out. If you dont do research,you will know nothing.
@Temmy, that's okay!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:

If you read in-between the lines, you would clearly understand the following:
1. If the embassy says the affidavit of support isn't neccesary, you are not compelled to bring one. What Gentinger is only saying is that if your sponsor is willing and can readily give you one, then collect it and bring it with you to the interview since the CO may use his discretion to ask or not to ask. If you, however, cannot get one, no problem at all. It's fine, go to the interview without one, but go with a copy of the email from the embassy that says the AOS isn't necessary. So, if you have butterflies in your stomach, please email the embassy now and arm yourself with their response.
Mind ur languge, i shuld read in btw the line of what? Are you telling what to do or what?
How sure are you that i have not already emailed to embassy.
Why dont you also read in btw the line of my post quote "Fact not Assumption but you can put yourself through the wahala of trying to get one and at the end you will understand that it was a complete waste of time"
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
English master of the house pls translate this reply from the embassy in respect of AOS in simple english. I quote:
"AOS is no longer a requirement for diversity visa processing"
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon: English master of the house pls translate this reply from the embassy in simple english. I quote:

The interpretation is this: ^^^***()@##DF!*__+|+?

Brightmon, take your time o! lol
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:

The interpretation is this: ^^^***()@##DF!*__+|+?

Brightmon, take your time o! lol
dis one no be laughing matter, how u and ur brother go just dey hold on to watin no fit stand.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon:
dis one no be laughing matter, how u and ur brother go just dey hold on to watin no fit stand.
Yeye man! Go jare, because dem dey even play with u. I will metamorphose that ur name to looking 4 trouble now. E don do, u hear?

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon:
you may be current in Dec or Jan but for the fact that you are new here pls read through the forum from page 1 and i bet you, you will have no question to ask.

Thanks for your time Bro. I will carefully go through the forum.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
jidex001:

Thanks for your time Bro. I will carefully go through the forum.
pls do.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
ogbonlowob: Yeye man! Go jare, because dem dey even play with u. I will metamorphose that ur name to looking 4 trouble now. E don do, u hear?
hahahahahahaha, looking 4 trouble indeed what abt kasala? but honestly, der was no joke in his statement and you know this issue of AOS has been on for sometime now and finally puting it to rest.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
brightmon:
hahahahahahaha, looking 4 trouble indeed what abt kasala? but honestly, der was no joke in his statement and you know this issue of AOS has been on for sometime now and finally puting it to rest.
passing ooo......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:

I deliberately refused to consider that remark as rude though it's not polite. And really, no one is confusing anyone except those who want to be confused. I play safe and encourage others to do likewise. While AOS May not be necessary, having one, If your sponsor is Willing to give you, does not make anyone here confused, rather cautious.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
"AOS is no longer a REQUIREMENT for diversity visa processing"
Again, the above is a reply from "LAGOS US EMBASSY"
Any of you can email the embassy if u have gotten ur 2NL.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
ferdiii:

Majority depends on what is on DS and DSP.You defend what you said on those forms.
Oh ok. Tnx ferdiii. Will be preparin well then
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
seal777:

Having filled the form online and printed same, i attached the photograph to the first page of the forms, scan all of them including my notification, convert all of them into a single PDF file and send it there after. Instruction says the passport should be on white or off white background.

This was expressly the instruction i was given by the lady when i called KCC except that i choose to convert all the scans to a single PDF file for better reading and access. I HOPE THIS INFORMATION IS OF HELP.

If anyone here needs help in arranging the files and converting same to PDF just like i did mine, I WILL GLADLY BE OF HELP. ( Simple as ABC )

Many thanks to you for the info.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
ksjlar:

I addressed this issue on page 37 of this thread but anyway here is it again otherwise you can go and check it there.
With your picture you need to scan it separately and also when going to interview you need to take pictures with you.

You can either do it by email or post.
You have three options to do it. First, your can print out the forms and fill in your details with a pen.
The second option is to open the form on a computer and fill it directly in the computer then later print it out if you finish filling form completely. Google chrome browser works well for me.
The last option I see here is to sent the form by email. This needs you to be a little computer savvy. With this option you fill the forms on the internet as stated in option two. If you finish filling the forms, you will then save it in a pdf format (If you do not know what pdf is, then please do not use this format). "Nitro pdf pro" works for me (you can Google to download it). You will then write your case number at the top right hand of each page and then save it again.

In all three options you need to keep an extra copy of your forms for future reference since it will come in handy when preparing for your interview. When sending the forms via email,you need to attach your pictures to the attachments you are going to send to kcc. The size of the picture is the same as the size used in the DV lottery. Ps. do not use the same pictures as you used to play the DV lottery since it is more that 6 months old. Hmm this is a lot of details but like I said do not use option three if you are not computer savvy. I personally called kcc and verified if they accept email forms and they said YES so don't ask me if you are wondering

Hope this helps, thanks.

Sure it helps a lot, many thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
i guess this forum is not only for Nigerians but other nationals as well. if there is an issue concerning one country for example the affidavit of support i think is fair to say "i am from this country and is not needed" cause other ppl from other countries might need it and go there unprepared that is why i am of the view that is better to be prepared than sorry. and please let tempers cool down. i believe things tend to get heated up when this affidavit thing is mentioned i dont know why. please let everyone smile cause we are all winners

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: Hi all

I just confirmed now from a reliable source that AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT isnt required for 2013 DV applicants in Nigeria but i dont know about Ghana and other countries. So please dont stress yourself on this
the above was posted on the 3rd of this month, page 124.
Again, if you are from other country and have received your 2NL pls email the embassy in your country to confirm if AOS in needed.
there is no harm in asking but assuming and knowledge is power.
I rest my case with "FACT"

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
adzovia: i guess this forum is not only for Nigerians but other nationals as well. if there is an issue concerning one country for example the affidavit of support i think is fair to say "i am from this country and is not needed" cause other ppl from other countries might need it and go there unprepared that is why i am of the view that is better to be prepared than sorry. and please let tempers cool down. i believe things tend to get heated up when this affidavit thing is mentioned i dont know why. please let everyone smile cause we are all winners
This site is "NØT" 4 Nigerians only. AOS is a requirement 4 some countries, but not a requirement 4 naija winners.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
? I dn't knw Y we jst love trobling our selves unnecessrily? If u hv ur birth cer.wit d names of both parents, u do"NØT" need NCP cert. & also if u're 4rm Naija u do"NØT" need AOP. Believe it or not, period!!!.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
missannie: ? I dn't knw Y we jst love trobling our selves unnecessrily? If u hv ur birth cer.wit d names of both parents, u do"NØT" need NCP cert. & also if u're 4rm Naija u do"NØT" need AOP. Believe it or not, period!!!.
very simple! but some take it as of its do or die thing

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
I am not saying people shouldnt go extra length to get some things but as for AOS,if you ask your host esp the one not too close to you,you will see how the person will react. Some might even change attitude towards you. Getting AOS in US entails and reveals alot about your host and most of them dont like it. If you are very close to your host and you feel he wont be offended,you can try it. All the best

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: I am not saying people shouldnt go extra length to get some things but as for AOS,if you ask your host esp the one not too close to you,you will see how the person will react. Some might even change attitude towards you. Getting AOS in US entails and reveals alot about your host and most of them dont like it. If you are very close to your host and you feel he wont be offended,you can try it. All the best

Form I-134 is just an attestation with a bank statement and tax returns of a US citizen or a permanent resident pledging to support you until toy find your footing. There is nothing curious about it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Gentiger:

Form I-134 is just an attestation with a bank statement and tax returns of a US citizen or a permanent resident pledging to support you until toy find your footing. There is nothing curious about it.
See your mouth like toy! so everybody would be happy to drop his bank statement to any one. Do you know how tax returns are filed for? what if hasnt done so for ages? do you the implication? Mr Toy!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: See your mouth like toy! so everybody would be happy to drop his bank statement to any one. Do you know how tax returns are filed for? what if hasnt done so for ages? do you the implication? Mr Toy!
the words here are beginning to scare some of us. anyway one thing i know is if the person knows his circumstances are not favorable to do that the person can tell you no. one thing i know is the moment i asked it was provided for me within a week but i have a friend who could not get it. then again am not from Nigeria and was told i might need it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Gentiger:

Your Sponsor must be your blood relation for you to make such statement.

I-134 is not just a form..it like a guarantor for a loan..I am surprise you said that as a lawyer,you know the commitment if the condition of the affidavit is breached.

You are liable to all the cost of services secured by the person from public fund for a period of five years until the person is naturalized.

Read line 4,5 & 6 of form I-134 and reply me that u stand by your initial statement as a lawyer.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kemzone2003:

Your Sponsor must be your blood relation for you to make such statement.

I-134 is not just a form..it like a guarantor for a loan..I am surprise you said that as a lawyer,you know the commitment if the condition of the affidavit is breached.

You are liable to all the cost of services secured by the person from public fund for a period of five years until the person is naturalized.

Read line 4,5 & 6 of form I-134 and reply me that u stand by your initial statement as a lawyer.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWERFUL, Thank you Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.