Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,776 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (927049 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:27am On Nov 01, 2012
brightmon:
what is ur problem this swisstourist of a thing. Pls f uck off this forum, we dont need you silly advice.
brightmon leave d yeye guy make he dey jam talk,if claim to be in US and he cant get a job or got stuck awon aye lo n ba fa,orogun iya ko ti pada leyin e. all what he wanted is ATTENTION.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:30am On Nov 01, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
brightmon leave d yeye guy make he dey jam talk,if claim to be in US and he cant get a job or got stuck awon aye lo n ba fa,orogun iya ko ti pada leyin e. all what he wanted is ATTENTION.

Good....I said it before, the guy is an attention seeker.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

...weep may endures for a night but joy comes in the morning

@Gentiger: that's it oooo. The Visa is yours already in Jesus' name.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2012
loconzo00:

Wow. Can you please be more precise.
No jobs in US of A??
I don't think any DV Lottery winner is under any illusion that he or she will not struggle in USA.
To make it anywhere on this planet, you have to struggle.
Trust me on this, i have seen Nigerian immigrants in UK for years. Nigerians will survive anywhere on this planet. We struggle in our strides of will power and make it.
We may not always get those plum jobs having been disadvantaged by having African education requiring further studies and/or training, but we do all that is necessary to achieve success.
Please explain yourself better if you can.

GBAM!!!
Maybe @Swisstourist is kinda lazy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2012
Leripa:

GBAM!!!
Maybe @Swisstourist is kinda lazy.
Yes! he is very LAZY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2012
@ Kemzone:

Thanx for the info.....
yet, I do not see my self fit into any of the Article INA 2012 (a)....and let me tell you why, becaouse, we were not unlawfully present in US not even 1 single day, and let alone...180...or other articles either......

We applied, for asylum while our visas were valid (which we were denied), we were granted SSN and Authorisation to work, we were subject to removal, but we filed a complaint, yet, we left the on our own, we did not file for a waiver but when we consulted the INS they said that, since you are leaving your self, vloutarily, no need for a waiver. Even some days ago, i contacted our lawyeer in US and he reconfirmed that the waiver is not neccassary for our case.

SO, why do you say 2026.... were did you get that from ?

P.s. I don not think that someone can be granted a dv visa or denied ...by default...... everything is done on case to case basis;

by the way were r from ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 9:30am On Nov 01, 2012
bet123: @ Kemzone:

Thanx for the info.....
yet, I do not see my self fit into any of the Article INA 2012 (a)....and let me tell you why, becaouse, we were not unlawfully present in US not even 1 single day, and let alone...180...or other articles either......

We applied, for asylum while our visas were valid (which we were denied), we were granted SSN and Authorisation to work, we were subject to removal, but we filed a complaint, yet, we left the on our own, we did not file for a waiver but when we consulted the INS they said that, since you are leaving your self, vloutarily, no need for a waiver. Even some days ago, i contacted our lawyeer in US and he reconfirmed that the waiver is not neccassary for our case.

Dont také my comment on the face value. Nobody can give you a precise answer unless they have the details of your case.
Ur Lawyer is your best counsel on this čase. not nairaland.com

Read more here
travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
Happy New Month to all NAIRALANERS, i pray we ll all hear good TESTIMONIES in dis new month more than what we had in October IJN. and to those who re waiting for their case number to be current and those waiting for 2NL i pray it ll land safely in ur emails IJN. AMEN favour ll locate us.

AMEN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
Happy New Month to all NAIRALANERS, i pray we ll all hear good TESTIMONIES in dis new month more than what we had in October IJN. and to those who re waiting for their case number to be current and those waiting for 2NL i pray it ll land safely in ur emails IJN. AMEN favour ll locate us.

AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 10:59am On Nov 01, 2012
@ kemzone: I appreciate your effort to expain......
I know that the lawyer is the best answer in this case..... i just wated to share with you guys...... Not that your advice helps a lot, cuz, as you said you don't know our case as good, yet, you were convised that we will be refused ...BY DEFAULT ....
I though this forum's intention is help each other ...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2012
Kemzone2003:

Dont také my comment on the face value. Nobody can give you a precise answer unless they have the details of your case.
Ur Lawyer is your best counsel on this čase. not nairaland.com

Read more here
travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html

bet123: @ Kemzone:

Thanx for the info.....

P.s. I don not think that someone can be granted a dv visa or denied ...by default...... everything is done on case to case basis;

by the way were r from ?

YOU HAVE A US LAWYER BUT CHOOSE TO COME TO NAIRALAND WITH HALF TRUTH...................WHATS YOUR INTENTION?.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2012
seal777:

YOU HAVE A US LAWYER BUT CHOOSE TO COME TO NAIRALAND WITH HALF TRUTH...................WHATS YOUR INTENTION?.
it is not all lawyers that are great. the guy just needed a second opinion you know how it is when one is worried

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2012
@Kemzone:
Do we need to have an intention A BAD one......

Is everyone here with an intention

I Needed a second opinion, sometimes, experiences help better then a lawyer.....

You never told me: were r u from?

Why are you so rude...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:13am On Nov 01, 2012
Kemzone2003:
During ur interview in Lagos you can change ur POE.
Give the CO ur new address or and updated DS-230 form.
That all

Thanks Kemzone. God bless you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:13am On Nov 01, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
Yes! he is very LAZY

Is more than lazy!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2012
Leripa:

@Gentiger: that's it oooo. The Visa is yours already in Jesus' name.

A bigger AMEN to that. God bless you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 11:16am On Nov 01, 2012
adzovia:
it is not all lawyers that are great. the guy just needed a second opinion you know how it is when one is worried

Subsequent comments by him shows that he has his mind made up on his perceived solution hence his quick and somewhat harsh comment in relation to the use of the word DEFAULT by kemzone. He should learn to digest second opinion without getting bitter or harsh about it, since he ask for it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 11:19am On Nov 01, 2012
Thank you seal777..... I am really worried..... I really was thinking that we will not have problems in getting a visa,still I know we will be asked ...about are previous stay....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2012
bet123: Thank you seal777..... I am really worried..... I really was thinking that we will not have problems in getting a visa,still I know we will be asked ...about are previous stay....

bet123: hello everybody, I have received my 2nd NL and been scheduled for visa interview in Dec.

My case is bit complicated i would say.....
Went to US with visitor visa, overstayed them .... I have lived in US for 3 years under Asylum (which was dined and we decided to come back to our country) .... we are back since 2007.
anyways our son is born in US.... what do you guys think my chances are > \

Sincerely speaking i do not see anything wrong in the analysis given by Kemzone, strictly based on the information you provided where in you make bold TO STATE that you OVERSTAYED YOUR VISA. Except for subsequent information you had provided after Kemzone's comment : To me, Kemzone IS IN ORDER BY HIS EXPLANATION.

ITS LEFT TO YOU TO READ THROUGH IT AND PICK THE USEFUL ONES RATHER THAN SEEING THEM IN BAD FAITH..........TRUTH SOUNDS BITTER SOMETIMES.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2012
@ Seal 777
thanx .... i guess you are right ....

But yet, i think he is very rude....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2012
bet123: @ Seal 777
thanx .... i guess you are right ....

But yet, i think he is very rude....

lol!, Lets not massage our individual egos as opposed to the general good of the readers on this thread, if the case in here is about been rude : Guess we are better back in business in the interest of all 2013 selectees, intending selectees and those who just couldn't resist the fun of reading this thread as well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hituneu: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
I have been sending mail to kcc,they always give me this reply even though I wrote my name,case number and date of birth( When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY). For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information.)Y THIS REPLY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by xtonosa: 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
Gentiger:

God will fix it. Remain hopeful but live beyond the American dream.

I'm vry hopeful.....thanks so much!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Gentiger:

Amen and Amen. You must be a prophet. Lol!

Pls tell me Adesojiaderemi, at what point can one make a change to POE? Can it be done from Naija before travelling out? I suddenly realized I gave greater job opportunities in LA than TX. What do you advice?

this is my area of specialization, even if you change it in Naija, they will never effect the change from NVC,even you get to the point of entry and change your address, NVC will not effect the change on your file, so my advice is that you should stick to your first address spent the first one months there and obtain your green card, then Notify USCIS of change in address.You can now go to your intended State and file for your Social Security Number.I dont want you to experience what I went through buddy,my Green got lost in transit and I paid additional $450 for replacement.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
adzovia:

True and very understandable, however the quality of help one would get is directly proportional to the quality of info available to the helper.

I don't see any harm done anyway. Based on @Kemzone2003's responses and references at least @bet123 can rule out what does not apply to his/her case.
The way I saw it, the conclusion was based on deductive reasoning using available info and not an attempt to discourage or disparage him/her.

@bet123 - They know you've been there so no need to try and hide that. My advice, come clean WHEN/IF asked especially since you later said you complied by leaving willingly. Good luck!

@Kemzone2003 - Being a while. Been waiting to send your congratulations.... wink . I like the way you research/dig up referable materials on issues. it's very , em.. what's the word? diligent? insightful? resourceful?? ... can't put my finger on the right word now...
Anyway, keep it up. i look to be that studious when i start my masters. embarassed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

O boy, you only spent 2 months and you keep shouting there is no job in USA, you are just been lazy,I got a job,and I have more than 5000 immigrant from my country working and doing good,if US is not good may be you should try Afgan.
pls dont mind him,he goes around all immigration websites to say trash.NO one forced him to go to USA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

O boy, you only spent 2 months and you keep shouting there is no job in USA, you are just been lazy,I got a job,and I have more than 5000 immigrant from my country working and doing good,if US is not good may be you should try Afgan.

>>>>>>> this way >>>> to Afghanistan >>>>
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Different strokes for different folks. However, (s)he can always choose to go back HOME!

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.