Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,546 members, 7,840,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923962 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
nigga_guy: Hi , This house has been so helpful.
I give all glory and thanks to God
I just concluded my interview and it was successful.

CO: good morning
ME: Hi
CO: do you swear to tell the truth today?
ME: Yes I do.
He took my fingerprints and gave me back my documents.

Co: Can you tell me about your educational background.
Me: I narrated my educational history.
Co: where do you work
me:told him

CO: What is your job title and what do you do.
ME: told him.
CO: don't worry. Congratulations your VISA has been approved!!

That was it ,folks on my way to Yankee.

congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
who day dere pls respond plsss may God bless u plsss
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
@femo:
who day dere pls respond plsss may God bless u plsss

Always check the visa bulletin bro.The current visa bulletin is updated to December 2012.http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5779.html
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Yes o! I did my NPC, medicals and Police Report yesterday! And when I got to d house in d evening, I was so tired, but I felt like SUPERMAN lol...

I had to go to d High Court in Ikeja- which because of d ban on Okada, was too stressful because d court is in GRA Ikeja. Anyway, I eventually got der by 9 and as soon as I alighted from my keke marwa, a full breasted woman came running to me- All she said was "Affidavit"? I nodded and we proceeded into d court premises. She asked me to sit down and asked what sorta affidavit I needed. I told her it was an age-declaration affidavit and she said I needed an older family member to swear on my behalf. To cut long story short- I ended up parting with 1 thousand bucks and in 30 mins I left d court smiling and off to surulere for my NPC attestation of birth... I provided photocopy of my affidavit, my Intl Passport data page, 2 passport photographs and typed one form like that theu gave me for
100 bucks. I then deposited 2,500 and was told to come pick up my birth certificate on d 12th... I was relieved spending a total of 3500 instead of d 8k I was told to bring by d Mr Lawan... Anyway, that spurred me- I went to Ikoyi immediately, stopped at Falomo bus stop and just before d Bus stop is Raymond Njoku Street wherein d Consultant's Practice Hospital is located.. I was given a slip to go to Zenith bank and pay 12k... I did immediately as Zenith bank is just a stone's throw from der. When I returned to d hospital, I was given a red tag with which I did my blood tests, then X-Ray, then a sexy female doc did a body check-up on me.. It was a delightful experience cheesy and she asked y I was headed to Hurricane Sandy territory... Anyway... I ended up paying an extra 16,500 for vaccines- bringing my total medicals cost to N28,500... I was told to come back on Friday... I checked my watch, it was 10 past 2pm and I took a cab to Alagbon Police Station (cab cost me 1k cos there were no bikes and d sun was ever blazing) anyway, I got der and a young man named Ahmed came to my aid. He took me in and had a police lady take my finger prints- all ten fingers- and then in 30 minutes my police character certificate was ready- signed and sealed... I gave Ahmed 5k for his troubles, but I'm sure if I went in alone, I may have bargained a much cheaper cost... But I didn't mind- and just like I said, I was tired, but felt like a Superman...

Apologies for d long post
Very detailed Journey... Pls what are the relevant vaccines one need to take at least the one they charged you for.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
For someone like me whose interview date as per the visa bulletin was October with case number 227* but got to know of my winning late and had my application submitted 2nd October and confirmation of receipt gottten on the 9th October.................all i have to do is to wait till 2nl is sent : No calculation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
seal777: For someone like me whose interview date as per the visa bulletin was October with case number 227* but got to know of my winning late and had my application submitted 2nd October and confirmation of receipt gottten on the 9th October.................all i have to do is to wait till 2nl is sent : No calculation.
you are right
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
@femo:
am thinkin of January visa bulletin will be 12000 pls house wat do u think pls house

i guess is going 2 b 13,800
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
kaypositve:
Very detailed Journey... Pls what are the relevant vaccines one need to take at least the one they charged you for.

narating your path to success.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
why do u guess hope u sure wat u are saying well i dnt know bt i pray bt pls hw do u know
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
@femo:
why do u guess hope u sure wat u are saying well i dnt know bt i pray bt pls hw do u know

November 8,500
December is under 10,000
so you can do arithmetic progression bros
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Vaccination Requirements

Introduction
These Questions and Answers provide basic information about the general vaccination requirements for immigrants (including individuals seeking adjustment of status), and specifically about the assessment made by the civil surgeon to determine whether an applicant meets the vaccination requirements. These Questions and Answers do not address the vaccination assessments conducted by panel physicians overseas.
For refugees only, health departments may be considered a civil surgeon for purposes of completing the vaccination record.

Background
Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

*Mumps
*Measles
*Rubella
*Polio
*Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
*Pertussis
*Haemophilus influenzae type B
*Hepatitis B
*Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ibracadabra. u re realy a superman u did all d 3 stuff yesterday,myself and wife did our police character yesterday too got to alagbon by 7.15am and left 10.20am.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Yes o! I did my NPC, medicals and Police Report yesterday! And when I got to d house in d evening, I was so tired, but I felt like SUPERMAN lol...

I had to go to d High Court in Ikeja- which because of d ban on Okada, was too stressful because d court is in GRA Ikeja. Anyway, I eventually got der by 9 and as soon as I alighted from my keke marwa, a full breasted woman came running to me- All she said was "Affidavit"? I nodded and we proceeded into d court premises. She asked me to sit down and asked what sorta affidavit I needed. I told her it was an age-declaration affidavit and she said I needed an older family member to swear on my behalf. To cut long story short- I ended up parting with 1 thousand bucks and in 30 mins I left d court smiling and off to surulere for my NPC attestation of birth... I provided photocopy of my affidavit, my Intl Passport data page, 2 passport photographs and typed one form like that theu gave me for
100 bucks. I then deposited 2,500 and was told to come pick up my birth certificate on d 12th... I was relieved spending a total of 3500 instead of d 8k I was told to bring by d Mr Lawan... Anyway, that spurred me- I went to Ikoyi immediately, stopped at Falomo bus stop and just before d Bus stop is Raymond Njoku Street wherein d Consultant's Practice Hospital is located.. I was given a slip to go to Zenith bank and pay 12k... I did immediately as Zenith bank is just a stone's throw from der. When I returned to d hospital, I was given a red tag with which I did my blood tests, then X-Ray, then a sexy female doc did a body check-up on me.. It was a delightful experience cheesy and she asked y I was headed to Hurricane Sandy territory... Anyway... I ended up paying an extra 16,500 for vaccines- bringing my total medicals cost to N28,500... I was told to come back on Friday... I checked my watch, it was 10 past 2pm and I took a cab to Alagbon Police Station (cab cost me 1k cos there were no bikes and d sun was ever blazing) anyway, I got der and a young man named Ahmed came to my aid. He took me in and had a police lady take my finger prints- all ten fingers- and then in 30 minutes my police character certificate was ready- signed and sealed... I gave Ahmed 5k for his troubles, but I'm sure if I went in alone, I may have bargained a much cheaper cost... But I didn't mind- and just like I said, I was tired, but felt like a Superman...

Apologies for d long post

Ğoº°˚°ºϑ job.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hello House I wish to congratulate those who have been able to get their visa and pray for others that God Almighty should see us through
Pls, My no is AF00007***, I sent my forms on june 19th, and up till now no 2NL, pls should I do? or do I have anybody in my category expecting his 2NL?
Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
saakeem2003: Hello House I wish to congratulate those who have been able to get their visa and pray for others that God Almighty should see us through
Pls, My no is AF00007***, I sent my forms on june 19th, and up till now no 2NL, pls should I do? or do I have anybody in my category expecting his 2NL?
Thanks
you ave to keep checking
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
saakeem2003: Hello House I wish to congratulate those who have been able to get their visa and pray for others that God Almighty should see us through
Thanks

Guess ur 2NL should land by Nov btw 18 to 23, u can also call KCC to confirm.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
temmytanny: you ave to keep checking
ok but is there anyone in my category?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
hello everybody, I have received my 2nd NL and been scheduled for visa interview in Dec.

My case is bit complicated i would say.....
Went to US with visitor visa, overstayed them .... I have lived in US for 3 years under Asylum (which was dined and we decided to come back to our country) .... we are back since 2007.

anyways our son is born in US.... what do you guys think my chances are >
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
bet123: hello everybody, I have received my 2nd NL and been scheduled for visa interview in Dec.

My case is bit complicated i would say.....
Went to US with visitor visa, overstayed them .... I have lived in US for 3 years under Asylum (which was dined and we decided to come back to our country) .... we are back since 2007.

anyways our son is born in US.... what do you guys think my chances are >
Just be HONEST if you are asked abt what you just told us and you will be suprised at the result of you HONESTY.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
Thanks

I'm within your category 7***, but I submitted first week of May... So that's y I believe I have my 2ND NL while yours is on the way... I strongly feel you'd b interviewed in DEC, but that's only a calculated guess... I hope u got an acknowledgement of delivery from d postal medium u used or wrote to KCC to confirm receipt of your document... If so, I see no cause for alarm.

I find it a bit odd that no 2ND NL's were issued this month- and its 31st already. I got mine on 20th of last month- and I think d people in August got theirs on d 23rd or so... I feel those who haven't gotten theirs should b a bit patient and take solace in d fact that it is d US government handling this- and not some corrupt govt. If the Visa Bulletin says 8500-10,000 will b current in Dec, then b rest assured that their word is their bond... And one more thing: follow it up with faith and prayer
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Affidavit of Support...Is it a requirement for EUROPE? I was reading that Nigeria does not require. Should this requirement be the same for all. Please let me know
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bet123: 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
I received my 2NL on the 18th of OCtober ..and my interview is scheduled for the first week of decemebr.... so you still have time ....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ibracadabra:

I'm within your category 7***, but I submitted first week of May... So that's y I believe I have my 2ND NL while yours is on the way... I strongly feel you'd b interviewed in DEC, but that's only a calculated guess... I hope u got an acknowledgement of delivery from d postal medium u used or wrote to KCC to confirm receipt of your document... If so, I see no cause for alarm.

I find it a bit odd that no 2ND NL's were issued this month- and its 31st already. I got mine on 20th of last month- and I think d people in August got theirs on d 23rd or so... I feel those who haven't gotten theirs should b a bit patient and take solace in d fact that it is d US government handling this- and not some corrupt govt. If the Visa Bulletin says 8500-10,000 will b current in Dec, then b rest assured that their word is their bond... And one more thing: follow it up with faith and prayer

It's possibly hurricane Sandy that's trying to pour sand-sand. Just kidding. Political climate in the US could also be an overiding factor.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
bet123: Affidavit of Support...Is it a requirement for EUROPE? I was reading that Nigeria does not require. Should this requirement be the same for all. Please let me know
YES! It is not REQUIRED in NIGERIA but you can email the Embassy in your country to Confirm if it is required in your country, make sure you state your full name, case No, date and time of your interview in your email to the embassy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
bet123: Affidavit of Support...Is it a requirement for EUROPE? I was reading that Nigeria does not require. Should this requirement be the same for all. Please let me know
am not sure bro,may you ask the US embassy in your locality

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Thanks
u said u snt bk ur forms on d 19 june & u ve nt goten ur 2NL,i snt mine on 20th june (DHL)& ve goten my 2NL. AF0076**
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
bet123: I received my 2NL on the 18th of OCtober ..and my interview is scheduled for the first week of decemebr.... so you still have time ....

What's the range of your CN?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
A mail from KCC to me in response to my enquiry on 2NL.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of December. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Interviews for the DV 2013 program will begin in October 2012 and conclude on September 30, 2013. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2012, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. ____________________________________
Jacob Diversity Visa Unit Support Contractor - Serco NA CA/VO/KCC Williamsburg, KY Phone: (606) 526-7500 Email: KCCDV@state.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
@femo:
nd plsss house wit green card nd ssl hope i can travel to other country without visa or i will only buy ticket.
Except for Canada, you will still need a visa to most European countries. You don't show up in person for the interview, you just mail your passport, all the necessary documents and visa fee to the embassy of the country you intend to travel to. Pretty easy. It's when you become a USC, then you don't require a visa. You qualify to become a USC after five years of your stay, does if you don't commit any felony during that period.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
babbs45: Except for Canada, you will still need a visa to most European countries. You don't show up in person for the interview, you just mail your passport, all the necessary documents and visa fee to the embassy of the country you intend to travel to. Pretty easy. It's when you become a USC, then you don't require a visa. You qualify to become a USC after five years of your stay, does if you don't commit any felony during that period.

USC after 5yrs? waow i always tot that was 10years
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
nigga_guy: Hi , This house has been so helpful.
I give all glory and thanks to God
I just concluded my interview and it was successful.

CO: good morning
ME: Hi
CO: do you swear to tell the truth today?
ME: Yes I do.
He took my fingerprints and gave me back my documents.

Co: Can you tell me about your educational background.
Me: I narrated my educational history.
Co: where do you work
me:told him

CO: What is your job title and what do you do.
ME: told him.
CO: don't worry. Congratulations your VISA has been approved!!

That was it ,folks on my way to Yankee.

Congratulations nigga!

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.