Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,035 members, 7,863,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (927148 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
papatee2: I had my interveiw on wed. 7th of nov. And it was successful. All thanks to God and nairalanders. I was d 1st to b interveiw as imigrate. Co cald my tally no around afta 10am. Co-good morning. Me- morning. Gave me a form n ask me to sign which i did. Co-are you married. Me- no. Co-do you have kiddies. Me- no. Co- have you ever been out of nigeria. Me- :-):-). Co- have you been to usa. Me-:-):-)smiley co- what are you doing in nigeria. Me- studin. Co- which skul. Me- :-):-) . Co- what course. Me- agric. Co-did you choose dat. Me- no. Co- so y did u accept it. Me- cos d future is bright. After dat we started talkin about it and laughin dat nigeria university are something funny. Then she brought out a paper and circle an address indicating where to pickup my visa while tellin me welcome to america. Infact other people there did'nt belive it was interview because of d way we were laughing. They tot i knew her and went to ask her something. My pickup date is next week

Lol. Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papatee2: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
congrats once again,u ll be given ur medical on ur visa collection day and u ll be ask to give it to the immigration man or woman at POE
datz means d only document i'l take 2 d colectn center is d paper given to me. Also wil i pay again at d collectn center?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2012
Abimbola80: Hello house, I have Birth certificate issued by church since birth and I have been using it since I was born. i even used the same certificate in University, will be acceptable for the interview or it is a MUST to get another one issued by NPC? Pls advise

For me you are good to go but let also hear from others people in d grp
I got this from their website.

Birth Certificates

You (and any family members immigrating with you to the United States) must obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in your country of birth, showing your date of birth, place of birth, and parentage Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

The certificate must contain the:

Your date of birth

Your place of birth

Names of both parents

Indication by the appropriate authority that it is an extract from the official records

Unobtainable birth certificates

If your birth record is not obtainable for any reason, a certified statement must be obtained from the appropriate government authority explaining why your birth record is unavailable. You must also submit secondary evidence such as:

A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names (providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)

An adoption decree for an adopted child

An affidavit from a close relative, preferably your mother, stating the date and place of birth, both parents names, and your mother’s maiden name.

Note: An affidavit executed before an official authorized to take oaths or affirmations must also be provided. More specific information is available from the NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#certificates
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2012
Abimbola80: Hello house, I have Birth certificate issued by church since birth and I have been using it since I was born. i even used the same certificate in University, will be acceptable for the interview or it is a MUST to get another one issued by NPC? Pls advise
You dont need NPC,taht would be okay.All the best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
surveyProf:

what if one has the normal birth cerificate issued by a missionary hospital, will dis not be okay?
Dont stress yourself,that one is okay
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
jidex001:

For me you are good to go but let also hear from others people in d grp
I got this from their website.

Birth Certificates

You (and any family members immigrating with you to the United States) must obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in your country of birth, showing your date of birth, place of birth, and parentage Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

The certificate must contain the:

Your date of birth

Your place of birth

Names of both parents

Indication by the appropriate authority that it is an extract from the official records

Unobtainable birth certificates

If your birth record is not obtainable for any reason, a certified statement must be obtained from the appropriate government authority explaining why your birth record is unavailable. You must also submit secondary evidence such as:

A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names (providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)

An adoption decree for an adopted child

An affidavit from a close relative, preferably your mother, stating the date and place of birth, both parents names, and your mother’s maiden name.

Note: An affidavit executed before an official authorized to take oaths or affirmations must also be provided. More specific information is available from the NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#certificates
If your birthcertificate has all the things mentioned above,you are good to go you dont need NPC anymore

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
surveyProf:

what if one has the normal birth cerificate issued by a missionary hospital, will dis not be okay?

To be sincere i dnt know what else to tell you other than to go get the npc birth cert and rest your mind, or you use the one you have. In my own case, i have a birth certificate issued to me at birth time by the teaching hospital where i was born but to avoid had i know, i stil went ahead to get the npc birth cert. During my interview,i submitted all i came with and the lady took the npc birth cert. one thing we should know here is that what works for one may not work for another, so prepare as much as you can and commit everything to God's hands.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2012

I thought that the issue of NPC birth cert has been trashed out earlier in this forum. Anyway if you ask me, i will say go with the one you have provided it has all the necessary information, but if you have money, stil back it up with the NPC birth cert. theres no harm in doing that, i did that and it worked for me. Its just part of adequate preparation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
malcon:

To be sincere i dnt know what else to tell you other than to go get the npc birth cert and rest your mind, or you use the one you have. In my own case, i have a birth certificate issued to me at birth time by the teaching hospital where i was born but to avoid had i know, i stil went ahead to get the npc birth cert. During my interview,i submitted all i came with and the lady took the npc birth cert. one thing we should know here is that what works for one may not work for another, so prepare as much as you can and commit everything to God's hands.

I am glad I still have people on this forum who understand the meaning of caution and going a little extra mile. The way some of us run comments here, we sound as if we know all the CO's at the embassy too well and can predict their responses accurately. Like you said my brother, what works for one May not work for the other. Go a little farther if you can to avoid avoidable regrets. Get the NPC birth certificate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
papatee2: I had my interveiw on wed. 7th of nov. And it was successful. All thanks to God and nairalanders. I was d 1st to b interveiw as imigrate. Co cald my tally no around afta 10am. Co-good morning. Me- morning. Gave me a form n ask me to sign which i did. Co-are you married. Me- no. Co-do you have kiddies. Me- no. Co- have you ever been out of nigeria. Me- :-):-). Co- have you been to usa. Me-:-):-)smiley co- what are you doing in nigeria. Me- studin. Co- which skul. Me- :-):-) . Co- what course. Me- agric. Co-did you choose dat. Me- no. Co- so y did u accept it. Me- cos d future is bright. After dat we started talkin about it and laughin dat nigeria university are something funny. Then she brought out a paper and circle an address indicating where to pickup my visa while tellin me welcome to america. Infact other people there did'nt belive it was interview because of d way we were laughing. They tot i knew her and went to ask her something. My pickup date is next week
Congrats

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 4:15am On Nov 13, 2012
Pls my birth certificate is short form bt dere is NPC above it. Hw does d long form look like?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 5:07am On Nov 13, 2012
gunners4u: Pls my birth certificate is short form bt dere is NPC above it. Hw does d long form look like?

It is long like A4 paper with signature at the back, that short one is birth cert but it not attestation of birth. I guess u got it from local govt area office because NPC also have offices in all local govt office and they issues d short one.

My brother, do you have declaration of age from high court in ikeja with receipt?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dotingguyy: 5:15am On Nov 13, 2012
Don Kool:

NO.

Children need medical report but not police record of character except they are above 16trs
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 5:16am On Nov 13, 2012
Hello house What are long and short birt certificates?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2012
I dont hav delaration of age. Pls who hav pass through d interview should enlight me on dis. Where can i get d long form becos dis short form is NPC
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:08am On Nov 13, 2012
[quote author=emebeteaderashn]Hello house What are long and short birt certificates?[/quo

FOR THIS CAUSE, All you need is attestation of birth from NPC surulere which serves as birth cert plus declaration of age with receipt from high court Ikeja.

The short one are for new born babies, they get that @ d local govt office
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 6:14am On Nov 13, 2012
Pls where can i get d long form & hw can i get dere
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2012
gunners4u: Pls where can i get d long form & hw can i get dere

I will also advice you ask other grp member. If u are good to go with that cos ur interview is 2days to go.

Cos I don't know how u can meet up wit that. It takes two weeks for it to get ready and if u want urgent one . U will be charge so high. You can call this man, he works in NPC surulere , Mr lawal 08023284642.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2012
Pls mr temmy come to my aid. Am i good 2 go wit my birth certificate with npc bt short form
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 6:59am On Nov 13, 2012
jidex001:

I will also advice you ask other grp member. If u are good to go with that cos ur interview is 2days to go.

Cos I don't know how u can meet up wit that. It takes two weeks for it to get ready and if u want urgent one . U will be charge so high. You can call this man, he works in NPC surulere , Mr lawal 08023284642.
I did my own npc birth cirtificate in ibadan.I went T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ there office on friday where I fill A̷̷̴̐͠ form and also paid 3000naira and I collected the birth attestation yesterday(monday).inshort,it was process just within one working day
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2012
Birth certificate and birth attestation. Which one is accepted. Becos i hav birth certificate wit npc bt short form.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2012
House can anyone cleary tell me about the difference between long and short birt certificate
also can i take the birth cirteficate that was issued for me on september? is it a must that the birth certificate should be from my child hood{birth} i did not goet at the time of my birth.i really need responce urgently. thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2012
femsoj: I did my own npc birth cirtificate in ibadan.I went T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ there office on friday where I fill A̷̷̴̐͠ form and also paid 3000naira and I collected the birth attestation yesterday(monday).inshort,it was process just within one working day

was there any signature at the back.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2012
gunners4u: I dont hav delaration of age. Pls who hav pass through d interview should enlight me on dis. Where can i get d long form becos dis short form is NPC

You have to understand these and don't panic ok. National Population Commission issues birth certificates for those within the age of its establishment, but if you have been born before the establishment of NPC you will be issued an attestation certificate that requires an age declearation from any highcourt. Meaning if you are born from 1992 to date you need NPC birth cert and before 1992 you need NPC attestation which will require an age declearation before issuance.
By my understanding the word long form and short form talks about the informations contained in it not necessary the size of the paper.normally, the birth cert from NPC is short in size while the attestation cert is long in size but they all contains thesame informations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:26am On Nov 13, 2012
malcon:

You have to understand these and don't panic ok. National Population Commission issues birth certificates for those within the age of its establishment, but if you have been born before the establishment of NPC you will be issued an attestation certificate that requires an age declearation from any highcourt. Meaning if you are born from 1992 to date you need NPC birth cert and before 1992 you need NPC attestation which will require an age declearation before issuance.
By my understanding the word long form and short form talks about the informations contained in it not necessary the size of the paper.normally, the birth cert from NPC is short in size while the attestation cert is long in size but they all contains thesame informations.

Thanks. That what i have being try to explain.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2012
?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 7:54am On Nov 13, 2012
gunners4u: Pls mr temmy come to my aid. Am i good 2 go wit my birth certificate with npc bt short form

My friend, calling Mr Temmy to come to you aid will not help you, Temmy gives information he feels is right cos it worked for him. why not take you time to read your appointment letter and carefully follow the instructions and do what you think is right, so that you won't blame anyone for your negligence. Anyway we don't pray for negative tesmonies here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2012
jidex001:

which signature are ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ talking about?it was only signed and stamped at front.there ȋ̝̊̅§ no signature at the back.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2012
I was born in 1987,dat means i need attestation of birth certificate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 8:01am On Nov 13, 2012
jidex001:

no
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2012
gunners4u: Birth certificate and birth attestation. Which one is accepted. Becos i hav birth certificate wit npc bt short form.

You got nothing to be worried about. If what you got is NPC birth cert and it has both names of your parents and your place of birth -i suppose- , then go with it. The reason why NPC birth certificate is preferred above any other is because it's a national document issued at National level as opposed to these queer certificates issued at hospitals of birth or local places which may be accepted nonetheless. As of 2008, my elder brother had his visa interview delayed and was ordered specifically to go get NPC birth certificate as opposed to what he came with. That's what brought about my involvement in this NPC birth stuff. Rules do change periodically so it's possible they now accept every tom, D*ck and harry.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:09am On Nov 13, 2012
malcon:

My friend, calling Mr Temmy to come to you aid will not help you, Temmy gives information he feels is right cos it worked for him. why not take you time to read your appointment letter and carefully follow the instructions and do what you think is right, so that you won't blame anyone for your negligence. Anyway we don't pray for negative tesmonies here.

Abi o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.