Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925719 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2013
auschris: Congrats my dear professional colleague. wish you success as you prepare for NCLEX-RN.
Yes o, am trying to transfer my transcript for the evaluation body in the USA and i will go to the Nursing headquarters to know the reguirements to transfer the license. I pray God for discipline to be able to read that big Kaplan Nclex book. Nigerians do not fail unless they are lukewarm or not interested about it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2013
saakeem2003: Hello House, I want to thank everybody on this forum for their contributions and suggestions and I pray almighty God to be with each and everyone of us, Our interview was Jan 3rd I was there with my wife and children though we were denied by that lady in window 16 as usual and the only thing I can realized from the interview according my wife who is the principal applicant was her WAEC result where she had pass in English though she has HND but the lady refused to look at other results except that of WAEC, she later gave us a paper where they said she was not eligible for the DV.
My purpose here was achieved and I loved you All and Also pray that God should be with you all, am using this opportunity to congratulate those that have gotten their visa and also pray for those awaiting visa that God should see you through, Thanks to the moderators and coordinators of the forum, I love you all God bless NIGERIA, God Bless America
Thanks and God bless U ALL
it's quite unfortunate bro. God knows best! That's nt d end of life. Aluta continua!
Justa costa!
Victoria ascerta!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2013
saakeem2003: Hello House, I want to thank everybody on this forum for their contributions and suggestions and I pray almighty God to be with each and everyone of us, Our interview was Jan 3rd I was there with my wife and children though we were denied by that lady in window 16 as usual and the only thing I can realized from the interview according my wife who is the principal applicant was her WAEC result where she had pass in English though she has HND but the lady refused to look at other results except that of WAEC, she later gave us a paper where they said she was not eligible for the DV.
My purpose here was achieved and I loved you All and Also pray that God should be with you all, am using this opportunity to congratulate those that have gotten their visa and also pray for those awaiting visa that God should see you through, Thanks to the moderators and coordinators of the forum, I love you all God bless NIGERIA, God Bless America

Saakeem2003, may almighty God restore the financial lost in 100 folds and bless the work of your hand .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2013

It is well Bro. God Knows best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2013
emybaby2:
photocopy 2 marriage certificates, the rest was one.
Thanks emybaby, God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 11:14am On Jan 05, 2013
emybaby2:
Yes o, am trying to transfer my transcript for the evaluation body in the USA and i will go to the Nursing headquarters to know the reguirements to transfer the license. I pray God for discipline to be able to read that big Kaplan Nclex book. Nigerians do not fail unless they are lukewarm or not interested about it.

When you are done wit transferring you transcripts to WES for evaluation, I will like you to elaborate the all process to us in this forum and how u made payment or intending to make the payment. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2013
jidex001:

When you are done wit transferring you transcripts to WES for evaluation, I will like you to elaborate the all process to us in this forum and how u made payment or intending to make the payment. Thanks
Yes i will.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2013
ediofeboyz:

Roodboy, de passport photos required are usually 2"*2" (two inch by two inch).
about your relationship i believe like the gurus hav said u need to tell the truth as u hav stated here

@ ediofeboyz, Ur responze is apre8ted....pls I ad argument on testimonial n my workim place with my partner, he's said, I nd 2 add d testimonial with d form I wnt 2 send 2 kcc...I said, No, I wiill jst take it along with my dcument n interview day? Cuz am abt 2 send d first form now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2013
emybaby2:
So sorry, my husband's laison office driver took us there. That was my first time in Lagos
Thanks emybaby. Can any house member tell me how to get to the US embassy in lagos? What i really need is how to board a bus from Obalende to the embassy(2, Walter Carringtoo Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos). Would av prefer to pick a bike from Obalende but Okada has been restricted in Lagos. Pls gurus in d house, ur prompt comments will be appreciated.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 11:31am On Jan 05, 2013
emybaby2:
Yes i will.

Thanks bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2013
Thank you every one in the forum for your love. I pray that God will help you all. Be careful with your documents and above all let the favor of God go with you and cover everything that may stand as a mistake, in Jesus name AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2013
Sakeeem just really sorry, God almighty knows d best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 11:42am On Jan 05, 2013

You are a courageous man, keep it up and you will go to places, I belief their is always a better time in future. God bless Nigeria.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2013
justwise: @ Imcool

I don't like it when people start dropping number of police officers for some back-door deals. This place should not be used to promote or encourage bribery or some dodgy dealing.
Point of correction JUSTWISE, it's no back door deals and besides, d money is not going to my pocket. I only have it out on request and who do u thinks is promoting bribing and corruption? One who paid 7k like a lady i met same day dat i did mine or i who paid 4k cuz i was directed to d ASP by an immigration officer? If u don't like it like you claim, someone else may do. I don't thinks it bad to direct a forumist to one who will make things cheaper, easier and even faster by only give directives to his officers and in a tinkle of an eye, d certificate is done. If it's wrong house members pls let me know. HAPPY WEEKEND TO U ALL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2013
Imcool: Thanks emybaby. Can any house member tell me how to get to the US embassy in lagos? What i really need is how to board a bus from Obalende to the embassy(2, Walter Carringtoo Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos). Would av prefer to pick a bike from Obalende but Okada has been restricted in Lagos. Pls gurus in d house, ur prompt comments will be appreciated.

Imcool, I am cool too. Firstly, Okada to those routes have been banned. Secondly, going thru Obalende isn't cool.

Get to CMS instead and board a bus heading to anyone of these routes. They will drop you off at the embassy bus stop.

Maroko Sandfill, Law school Idowu Taylor or Aja. Let the conductor know you are headed to the US embassy. But if you ask me, keep N3k aside for a taxi ride from any part of Lagos to Walter Carrington Crescent. That saves you time and stress.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2013
take heart sakeem sad.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Imcool, I am cool too. Firstly, Okada to those routes have been banned. Secondly, going thru Obalende isn't cool.

Get to CMS instead and board a bus heading to anyone of these routes. They will drop you off at the embassy bus stop.

Maroko Sandfill, Law school Idowu Taylor or Aja. Let the conductor know you are headed to the US embassy. But if you ask me, keep N3k aside for a taxi ride from any part of Lagos to Walter Carrington Crescent. That saves you time and stress.
Thanks Gentiger. It implies that WEARECOOL... Smiles... Thanks once one... U're d best...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2013
My dear brother, I must confess that I have never been this touched with emotions! I doff my heart for you; you are a hero! We have very few persons who will come back to give a honorable feed back like you did! I salute u! This is my sincere prayer to you from my heart: May the God of Host be with you! May His face shine upon you and your family, Amen! May He fill your mouth with laughter and cause His divine favour to rest on you in this new year 2013 and beyond, Amen! Please, please and please: I request a favour from you - you are not under any compulsion to do this though, but you will assist many souls if u do! Now, kindly answer this: Wasn't there a possibility of combining results? Did you present a credit pass in Maths? Was the main issue about defending what you have or what? God bless you!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ladiesman2013: 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=jidex001]

It is well Bro. God Knows best.[/quote

Sakeem my heart goes out to u n ur family may god bless u in 1000s for all dat u ve lost. Amen

So dis brings my question do dey ve any spercific subject dey look up to cos i hear its English n Maths
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

I salute your courage. Thanks for hitting the nail on the head. May God beautify your destiny in other ways.

Couldnt you combine results? Had you at least a credit pass in Mathematics? Had you up to 5 credit passes? While I do not really expect an answer from you under the circumstance, it will be okay if you can tell.
please when the white lady check is it that they didn't show they have two sitting or the white lady just want one sitting.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=ladiesman2013][/quote]

I have mentioned before on this forum and let me re-echo it, Mathematics and English are determinant factors. A credit pass in atleast anyone of the two will see you through if you got up to 5 credits in all.

A combination of 3 credits from WAEC and 2 from NECO with either of mathematics or English will leave you stranded. A combination of 5 Credits in NECO and 4 in WAEC is ok if you got at least a credit pass in either of English or mathematics.
A combination of 5 credit units from WAEC and GCE will see you through if you got at least a credit pass in either English or mathematics. An ordinary pass in English and Mathematics with 100 credit passes in other subjects will get you stranded.
Please this does not call for insults. Feel so free to post yours if you don't agree. It's a new year of peace and reconciliation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
Imcool: Point of correction JUSTWISE, it's no back door deals and besides, d money is not going to my pocket. I only have it out on request and who do u thinks is promoting bribing and corruption? One who paid 7k like a lady i met same day dat i did mine or i who paid 4k cuz i was directed to d ASP by an immigration officer? If u don't like it like you claim, someone else may do. I don't thinks it bad to direct a forumist to one who will make things cheaper, easier and even faster by only give directives to his officers and in a tinkle of an eye, d certificate is done. If it's wrong house members pls let me know. HAPPY WEEKEND TO U ALL

I'm not bothered about how much the police did it for you or how fast it was done, why should one go through a police officer to get it done faster or cheaper? The officer is just lining his own private pocket, we should not encourage that and still complain about corrupt in Nigeria, nobody need to call any police officer in private before getting things done in Nigeria.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
ogba1:
I want to believe that the purpose of this forum is to help one another. So dropping numbers is to achieve that purpose and not for personal gains. Remember that not all the forumites live in lagos. You have a measure of confidence if you have someone to quickly contact.

Dropping a police officer's number is for personal gain, if you don't live in Lagos then visit police station in the state you live and get police report done. Nobody need to go through any police officer before getting a police report. There is no guarantee that the money is going into Govt pulse.

Yes the forum is to help each other and not to encourage corruption and help one police officer line up his pocket.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Noooo. This wasn't the intent. I remember dropping off a number too. Most of us device means to make it easier for others. I did my medicals and discovered why people pay more and reported. I met a very nice man when I cleared with the police and got a first class treatment and expeditiously too and decided to extend the same to others. We all know that in Nigeria nothing has a fixed price. The official cost of NPC birth certificate for instance is N2500 but people pay much more than that. National Passport costs less than N10k officially to procure. But people pay as much as N18k for it. I find those words 'bribe' and 'dodgy' spiteful. Let's always see the good intended by these forumites.

We all should be blamed for all that prob you narrated, we encouraged it, we promoted it and at the same time complain about corruption, if its cheaper officially why go through taut then? We like bribing our ways through something that was supposed to free. Why do i have to go through somebody to get things done? Why not walk into immigration/ police station and apply and pay directly to official channel? We can't have it both ways, bribe and still complain about corruption.

Yes when you do things through the back-door then its dodgy and corrupt, what else do you want to me to call it?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

I'm not bothered about how much the police did it for you or how fast it was done, why should one go through a police officer to get it done faster or cheaper? The officer is just lining his own private pocket, we should not encourage that and still complain about corrupt in Nigeria, nobody need to call any police officer in private before getting things done in Nigeria.

Let me step in here my brother. You are doing a good and laudable job as the moderator and I understand what you are trying to prevent. That great.

Now, when you get to Alagbon for police clearance, the mopols at the entrance won't allow you in until you state WHO you want to see or WHY you came around. If you state WHO you want to see by name, you are given a clean pass. If you state WHY you came around, they will hijack you as their client and look for their colleagues to assign you to. You will pay much more as a result.

Let me tell you the case of 2 brothers I met there. Opposite the Police unit is Prisons and immigration offices respectively. These two brother were accosted by a prison warden who knew what they came for. He collected N30k from them, gave them a seat in the nearby restaurant and proceeded himself to do it on their behalf. The bubble burst when it was time to finger print and their physical presence were needed. Out of curiousity, the younger one asked the Police officer the official cost of the exercise. When he learnt they weren't supposed to pay more than N5k each, they reported the prison warden, who refunded the money and was reported to his boss for appropriate sanctions.

Inside the police unit are different police men on their desks. Their job is to attend to the people and charge any amount they deem fit. If you are not informed, you could pay as much as N10k. What we have done is to release contact details of high ranking officers who will expedite action on your case at a cheap cost. By the way, the money goes to the government and anything in excess of it goes to their pocket.

If what you've read here means anything to you, then get to understand that the release of such names and numbers is in the interest of the forumites. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Let me step in here my brother. You are doing a good and laudable job as the moderator and I understand what you are trying to prevent. That great.

Now, when you get to Alagbon for police clearance, the mopols at the entrance won't allow you in until you state WHO you want to see or WHY you came around. If you state WHO you want to see by name, you are given a clean pass. If you state WHY you came around, they will hijack you as their client and look for their colleagues to assign you to. You will pay much more as a result.

Let me tell you the case of 2 brothers I met there. Opposite the Police unit is Prisons and immigration offices respectively. These two brother were accosted by a prison warden who knew what they came for. He collected N30k from them, gave them a seat in the nearby restaurant and proceeded himself to do it on their behalf. The bubble burst when it was time to finger print and their physical presence were needed. Out of curiousity, the younger one asked the Police officer the official cost of the exercise. When he learnt they weren't supposed to pay more than N5k each, they reported the prison warden, who refunded the money and was reported to his boss for appropriate sanctions.

If what you've read here means anything to you, then get to understand that the release of such names and numbers is in the interest of the forumites. Thank you sir.

Yes, yes and yes those things do happen and who do we blame? You and me who keep encouraging it, so lets stop complaining about how corrupt police are because we facilitate it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
sry saakeem,i tink dis family was d 1 emybaby said dat wer denied(family of 7)sme people havin pass in eng and got their visas,hpe ther is nothin which saakeem hasnt mentioned,anyway i salute ur courage.GOD bless u.house lets pray 4 GOD favour.GLORY!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

Yes, yes and yes those things do happen and who do we blame? You and me who keep encouraging it, so lets stop complaining about how corrupt police are because we facilitate it.

If you pay the government rate (official cost) for anything, you must be prepared to wait for the NORMAL time established by LAW for processing. You could wait for 6 months for your International Passport if you pay the official rate. 2 weeks minimum for NPC birth certificate if you pay N2500. That's the system we find ourselves in. Now the question is, who is willing to wait?

My brother, let's not pretend about it, even your tithes, offerings, seed faith etc gives you accelerated hearing before God and miraculous interventions in your earthly affairs. 'Winks'
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Pelumiv(m): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
@ Justwise, we all understand your point, but the issue here in Nigeria is if you can't beat them, join them. I remembered when I applyed for my passport, if I were to do it myself I will need a letter from the local government am living, for the local government to give you such letter, you need a letter from the Oba of your community. The Oba won't give you the letter if he doesn't know you personally or if you aren't a son or daughter of a poltician.
I try my best to get the letter from the Oba to no avail, no one told me before I paid an agent 18k for the passport and got it within 4days without stress,questions or interview.
The same things apply to all facet of nigeria life,namely job, admission to school, etc. You have to wise up in Naija or get scam or get stranded.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pelumiv: @ Justwise, we all understand your point, but the issue here in Nigeria is if you can't beat them, join them. I remembered when I applyed for my passport, if I were to do it myself I will need a letter from the local government am living, for the local government to give you such letter, you need a letter from the Oba of your community. The Oba won't give you the letter if he doesn't know you personally or if you aren't a son or daughter of a poltician.
I try my best to get the letter from the Oba to no avail, no one told me before I paid an agent 18k for the passport and got it within 4days without stress,questions or interview.

The same things apply to all facet of nigeria life,namely job, admission to school, etc. You have to wise up in Naija or get scam or get stranded.

You don't need a letter from any Oba to get a passport, i got mine without a letter from anybody and many people i know the same. Letter from Oba or community letter is not necessary, its goes down to you not doing your research properly and bow to misleading info.

I agree with you that there is corruption in Nigeria but my point is that we should not use this forum to promote it even more.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

If you pay the government rate (official cost) for anything, you must be prepared to wait for the NORMAL time established by LAW for processing. You could wait for 6 months for your International Passport if you pay the official rate. 2 weeks minimum for NPC birth certificate if you pay N2500. That's the system we find ourselves in. Now the question is, who is willing to wait?

My brother, let's not pretend about it, even your tithes, offerings, seed faith etc gives you accelerated hearing before God and miraculous interventions in your earthly affairs. 'Winks'

If you keep giving bribe and complaining about corruption then you are as bad as those collecting the bribe. Don't help them make things even more difficult for generations to come. You are part of the problem and have only you to blame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.