Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922872 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
saakeem2003: Hello House, I want to thank everybody on this forum for their contributions and suggestions and I pray almighty God to be with each and everyone of us, Our interview was Jan 3rd I was there with my wife and children though we were denied by that lady in window 16 as usual and the only thing I can realized from the interview according my wife who is the principal applicant was her WAEC result where she had pass in English though she has HND but the lady refused to look at other results except that of WAEC, she later gave us a paper where they said she was not eligible for the DV.
My purpose here was achieved and I loved you All and Also pray that God should be with you all, am using this opportunity to congratulate those that have gotten their visa and also pray for those awaiting visa that God should see you through, Thanks to the moderators and coordinators of the forum, I love you all God bless NIGERIA, God Bless America
Thanks and God bless U ALL

@Roodboy & idoo4love, this is not good news to you! O boy, take heart...CO determines all and you're at their mercy.One might reason HND overrides O'level and its deficiency. Take heart guys in this situation. O'level is supreme after all! Even if u enrol via pre-ND,IJMB,Remedials,Pre-degree, please endeavor to have a complete O'level.Where's Obamaobama??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
@ALL
brib·er·y
The act or practice of offering, giving, or taking a bribe

bribe
1. Something, such as money or a favor, offered or given to a person in a position of trust to influence that person's views or conduct.
2. Something serving to influence or persuade.

(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bribe)

CHOOSE TO GIVE IT, CHOOSE TO TAKE IT, THE NAME IS STILL BRIBE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Guys enough of this bribe and tips why dn,t we discuss something important.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taatus: 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
honeydee: To the ghanaians in the house, pls has anyone recvd visa with the old passport. Sm1 just told me i have to do the new one even though my old hasnt expired. Pls i need an urgent response. Thanks

Is no problem at all.the most important thing is must be valid for more than 6 months at the time of interview. Cos I know people still secure visas with old passport from embassies once its not expired. But u can still go for change at a faster rate if u prefer.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
taatus:

Is no problem at all.the most important thing is must be valid for more than 6 months at the time of interview. Cos I know people still secure visas with old passport from embassies once its not expired. But u can still go for change at a faster rate if u prefer.
i know in Ghana the embassy prefers the new one. is more authentic since it has your fingerprint and it makes it easier for them to check it. i will always advice the biometric one.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
adzovia:
i know in Ghana the embassy prefers the new one. is more authentic since it has your fingerprint and it makes it easier for them to check it. i will always advice the biometric one.

Thanks taatus and adzovia. My passport will expire in 2014 but i hav decided to do the biometric one just to be on the safer side. Im not willing to risk anything. God's favour be with me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

Do you know how to use scroll bar? Use it next time an issue is not your cup of tea.
See Mr Moderator o and insults. ..wer is Ur legacy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by naahluv: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
chirpywest:
Did he sat for WAEC at all and what's the grade? Or didn't he made any subject? What do u mean by GCE slip?.is he yet to write the GCE?
actually heu sat for the Cameroon General Certificate of education(Advanced Level)but he did not make it.a gce slip is like a report card,it is issued before the certificate,i mean can he go with it to show that he has 12 years of education?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
idoo4love: See Mr Moderator o and insults. ..wer is Ur legacy
@idoo4love tnx for ur observation... Oga moderator ur statement bothers on insult..it goes to buttress dat absolute power corrupts.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

All those you mentioned are wonderful but go a step further to procure your transcript and keep handy your notification of result which is issued in lieu of your certificate.
Should make a Photocopy my ID since the certificate n statement of result is not available or I should just go wit it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by naahluv: 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
saakeem2003: Hello House, I want to thank everybody on this forum for their contributions and suggestions and I pray almighty God to be with each and everyone of us, Our interview was Jan 3rd I was there with my wife and children though we were denied by that lady in window 16 as usual and the only thing I can realized from the interview according my wife who is the principal applicant was her WAEC result where she had pass in English though she has HND but the lady refused to look at other results except that of WAEC, she later gave us a paper where they said she was not eligible for the DV.
My purpose here was achieved and I loved you All and Also pray that God should be with you all, am using this opportunity to congratulate those that have gotten their visa and also pray for those awaiting visa that God should see you through, Thanks to the moderators and coordinators of the forum, I love you all God bless NIGERIA, God Bless America
Thanks and God bless U ALL
Every disapointment is a blessing that woman is bcoming notorious.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
idoo4love: Should make a Photocopy my ID since the certificate n statement of result is not available or I should just go wit it.

ID card is not enough. Process your transcript. Have handy your letter of admission. Try also to get a letter from your dean, faculty officer, HOD or Provost. By all means get something weighy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
ediofeboyz:

@Roodboy,
have you already sent the forms required after the 1st notification letter?
the forms i sent to kcc are ds-230 (with 2"*2" colored photo attached), dsp-122 and bar code sheet. i never attached any other document.
as far as i know no other documents are required at this initial stage.
by the way the question about your host in USA on form dsp 230 only requires the name, address of the person and phone number if you know the person's tel number.

Ediofeboyz, av not send any form 2 kcc yet, cuz I jst got my result last year dec...am abt 2 send it now dat is y am tryin 2 clearify sometins I didn't undstd now b4 I send wrong form....

Wat u r tryin 2 say abt d testimonial I ask, isn't included n d form? Or except D day am goin 2 interview I will nd 2 hold it?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger let me have your email address please
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

I salute your courage. Thanks for hitting the nail on the head. May God beautify your destiny in other ways.

Couldnt you combine results? Had you at least a credit pass in Mathematics? Had you up to 5 credit passes? While I do not really expect an answer from you under the circumstance, it will be okay if you can tell.
Yes she has credit in maths but pass in eng but i dont know if one can combine result but if you have 2 result I think is ok
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
Thank you all 4 all your messages and prayers pls I will reply all the questions 2morow insha Allah am sorry I have low battery since morning and there is no light here but by 2morow if there is light I will find time to reply all d questions and post the interview proper
Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
Saakeem,jst endure wat hapend cos tins hapen 4 a purpose.i pray dat GOD ALMIGHTY wil provide all u need in lyf in JESUS NAME,AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
nero xp: Saakeem,jst endure wat hapend cos tins hapen 4 a purpose.i pray dat GOD ALMIGHTY wil provide all u need in lyf in JESUS NAME,AMEN.
Thanks I beleive in God and know nobody can take what Allah has ready to give and nobody will give what he has withhold
Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
Spoondar: Gentiger let me have your email address please

Justwise has got a big cane to whip my bombom if I did so. Let me get his clearance.

@Justwise....Justybaby....justyjusty....I hail o. I am loyal sir. May God hear you when you call as you hear me now that I call. My email is needed by our Kenyan sister. Approve sir.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
saakeem2003:
Yes she has credit in maths but pass in eng but i dont know if one can combine result but if you have 2 result I think is ok

Has she got up to 5 Credits in all?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
Hello house,i need you advice.my first secondry school testimonial and waec result got burnt year back thou this result wasn't that ok now i sat for another one in 2001 and is ok,what should i do because
I don't have testimonial for the 2001 result.it was do as external candidate thing.can affidavit clear that at the embassy?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
emybaby2:
Yes o, am trying to transfer my transcript for the evaluation body in the USA and i will go to the Nursing headquarters to know the reguirements to transfer the license. I pray God for discipline to be able to read that big Kaplan Nclex book. Nigerians do not fail unless they are lukewarm or not interested about it.
I advise that you contact the board of nursing in the US state you intend to work to find out their requirements for becoming an RN. Most US states require certificate evaluation service(CES) from CGFNS. Some states do not require any CGFNS service e.g. California. ur transcripts can be sent directly to them after downloading the application forms from their website.
Sending ur transcripts does you no good if ur intention is to become an RN in the US. However, if u intend to further ur studies, then it may be helpful. Like I said earlier, find out the requirements of the state you intend to work in.
As for NCLEX, there isn't much to it if you prepare well. Answer as many questions as possible from any NCLEX study guide you can lay your hands on e.g. Mosby, lippincott, Saunders etc. You will find the CD ROM that comes with 11th and 12th editions of Brunner and Suddarth's very helpful. It has about 3500 NCLEX-style questions, answers and rationale. I used it when I was preparing for CGFNS exams.
It appears you leave in Abuja. Was that where you trained?
Once again, congrats and success in your future pursuits
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
saakeem2003: Thank you all 4 all your messages and prayers pls I will reply all the questions 2morow insha Allah am sorry I have low battery since morning and there is no light here but by 2morow if there is light I will find time to reply all d questions and post the interview proper
Thanks
Allah SAW in His infinite mercy ll shower His mercy on. Walahi u re a man and I appreciate ur level of faith in God
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
Spoondar: Gentiger let me have your email address please

Spoondar, go to my profile, you'll find what you seek there. Click on my name to get there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
Helo house,dis has been botherin me since dis evenin...i hav pass(D7) in my English nd (B3) in Maths,den a total of 7 credits in all.I also sat 4 NECO nd hav 9credits out of 9 subjects.pls am i gud 2 storm de embassy via my interview? Pls u guys shuld eradicate my fear biko
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
nero xp: Helo house,dis has been botherin me since dis evenin...i hav pass(D7) in my English nd (B3) in Maths,den a total of 7 credits in all.I also sat 4 NECO nd hav 9credits out of 9 subjects.pls am i gud 2 storm de embassy via my interview? Pls u guys shuld eradicate my fear biko
your case is totally different! If at all u don't want to combine d 2 results, u can go with the result of 9 credits. U did not mention the 9 subjects, but I think common sense tells me u take maximimum of 9 subjects, which must compulsorily include maths n eng! I can see u need some petting, and now I'm gonna lavish you with some; your result is sparkling beautiful, bingo!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
nero xp: Helo house,dis has been botherin me since dis evenin...i hav pass(D7) in my English nd (B3) in Maths,den a total of 7 credits in all.I also sat 4 NECO nd hav 9credits out of 9 subjects.pls am i gud 2 storm de embassy via my interview? Pls u guys shuld eradicate my fear biko
‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ said u sat for Neco and ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ had 9 credits, so what ȋ̝̊̅§ your fear again?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
your case is totally different! If at all u don't want to combine d 2 results, u can go with the result of 9 credits. U did not mention the 9 subjects, but I think common sense tells me u take maximimum of 9 subjects, which must compulsorily preclude maths n eng! I can see u need some petting, and now I'm gonna lavish you with some; your result is sparkling beautiful, bingo!

Mak una take am easy with words.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
ferdimako:

Mak una take am easy with words.
thanks for having that eagle eye! INCLUDE!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.