Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923495 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
peters ife: Pls house i ve already bought my flight ticket but d date i picked as my departure date is nt convinent for me and the flight details has being printed out(flight ticket), is their anyway i can change to a date that is convienent for me.

You can. Depending in the airline, you could pay between $150 to $250 for the change
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
Spoondar:
All the best brother!! Am happy for you

Thanks Spoondar. I await your testimony.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
peters ife: Pls house i ve already bought my flight ticket but d date i picked as my departure date is nt convinent for me and the flight details has being printed out(flight ticket), is their anyway i can change to a date that is convienent for me.
yes you can but you pay for "Date Change".
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ Gentiger and the other big bros that has his interview in Ghana, congratulate to both of you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Thanks guys
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hardedahyor(m): 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
Congratulations MR GENTIGER!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
f-geemomen:
I just finished my interview in Ghana and it was successful, I will post my full interview experience soon. Thanks to God and all who prayed and helped me tru this journey... God bless you all
Congrats Man! I told u b4 it was urs already. Our God never sleeps nor slumber.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gentiger: Hello all, I have gotten my passport and visa. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

Lesson: Do not waste your precious time tracking anything. My passport was ready for pick up since Thursday and the tracking Status kept saying not ready for pick up. Now I can book my flight. I love you all.
Congrats Barr. Mike! Im so happy for you. It's good to know u feel very much ok now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
[quote author=f-geemomen) CONGRATULATIONS GEEMOMEN...

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS MICHAEL GENTIGER, FINALLY U GOT UR VISA IN UR HAND NOW. ALL GLORY BE UNTO GOD.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
chirpywest:
U can google aeroland travels Ltd and ask them about one way arik ticket to New york JFK. I got their contact via a member of this forum that traveled through them.go to their office before u pay any money.plz don't pay online ooh! They have office across the nation.@jidex001, that u don't know that something exist doesn't make it to be deceptive,ok?
@anyone that wish to check them, the member that travelled bought ticket in their ibadan office and when u call, tell them that ur friend bought arik one way to JFK at 130k. But its not this month ooh.

I,ve always bought online from them.
Right now its too expensive online.I'll try your suggestion.
Virgin return is cheap at the moment but not available in most dates in early march.
Thanks.

Back to modify my post.
I just called Aeroland now, its 359k for one way and 200k for return.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pls house, i need clarification on this; i went to NPC today, to get my Birth Certificate done but d woman-in-charge told me it would be wise i back- date d date of issuance to d 1990's so that it will nt raise up dust in d embassy. Cos according to her, d CO may wonder why i didnt do it long time ago. So my question goes to all who did their birth certificate or attestation recently, pls were u asked to backdate d date of issuance? Though bro jide has told me backdating isnt relevant bt dis woman is making me kinda nervous.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lateefdauda(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Congrat to F-geemomen and gentiger.Happy for you both.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
femsoj: @ Gentiger and the other big bros that has his interview in Ghana, congratulate to both of you

Thanks Femi. I hope you're enjoying the States.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
hardedahyor: Congratulations MR GENTIGER!!!!

Thanks dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
monsieursam64: Congrats Barr. Mike! Im so happy for you. It's good to know u feel very much ok now.

You can say that again. I feel very much okay except that the edge of the sealed envelope is partially opened. I met it so. It's giving me concern.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
owobabaisabella: CONGRATULATIONS MICHAEL GENTIGER, FINALLY U GOT UR VISA IN UR HAND NOW. ALL GLORY BE UNTO GOD.

Thanks dear. Infact I am looking at it as I type. It's so beautiful.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
monsieursam64: Pls house, i need clarification on this; i went to NPC today, to get my Birth Certificate done but d woman-in-charge told me it would be wise i back- date d date of issuance to d 1990's so that it will nt raise up dust in d embassy. Cos according to her, d CO may wonder why i didnt do it long time ago. So my question goes to all who did their birth certificate or attestation recently, pls were u asked to backdate d date of issuance? Though bro jide has told me backdating isnt relevant bt dis woman is making me kinda nervous.

It doesn't matter even if it was issued a day to your interview. It's valid and tenable.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
f-geemomen:
I just finished my interview in Ghana and it was successful, I will post my full interview experience soon. Thanks to God and all who prayed and helped me tru this journey... God bless you all

congrats dear. i knew you would make it. God is indeed awesome

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pls house,my uncle used to work at de embassy before he had a problem nd no longer work dia...do u tink he can influence doz staffs at de embassy to my own favour because why am askin dis is dat I dnt wnt to stay wit him,but wit my cousins...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gentiger: Hello all, I have gotten my passport and visa. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

Lesson: Do not waste your precious time tracking anything. My passport was ready for pick up since Thursday and the tracking Status kept saying not ready for pick up. Now I can book my flight. I love you all.

finally finally. im very happy for you. God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
f-geemomen:
I woke up as early as 4 a.m, prepared and ready to face any CO at the embassy. I prayed, wore my suite and tire and set of to the embassy. I reached there exactly 5:30 a.m and looking around I was the second person to reach the embassy. I waited under the tree outside the embassy very refreshed and ready. A pastor come around where we were sitting prayed and shared the word of God with us. By the time it was 6:00 a.m a lot of people came around also waiting to be called in for interview. I had a hint to make sure I was part of the first 10 in the line so I started walking towards the gate. At 6:45 we were called in for security checks. I left all coins and mobile fon out just to avoid long hours of wait. I just went tru without any hindrance.
I paid my VISA fee and my documents were checked n they collected all thus both original and photocopies. I was called to window 4. I realized that CO denied abt 3 people due to incomplete documents and other reasons...on filling my dv lottery I made a mistake in D.O.B and wrote 1990 instead of 1987, I swore an affidavit and took it along in case I was asked abt it, to be frank I was soo scared, I prayed n left all to God.
CO: Gud morning
Me: Gud morning
CO: raise ur hand n swear to tell the whole truth
Me: I did n swore
CO: showed me my form I sent to KCC and asked me to answer question 41 before we continued, which was abt weda I hav been arrested b4.
Me: I did n she asked me to sign beside it
CO: she then made me take the oath again to tell the truth
Me: I did just that
CO: which year did u complete secondary school
Me: I told her
CO: what did u do after u completed SHS?
Me: I was waiting to be admitted into the university
CO: ok, how many times did you write WASSCE?
Me: once
CO: which University did u attend?
Me: told her
CO: when did you complete?
CO: what program did u study?
Me: BSc Economics and Business Administration
She picks up a blue sheet half of A4 paper and circled the DV and asked me to come pick up my VISA on 8th Feb 2013.
CO: congratulations and thanks for coming
Me: Thank you
CO: dnt make any preparations until u take your VISA.
Me: Ok thank you.
God has really answered my prayers and that of my friends, family and everybody. I was never asked abt the DOB issue. Thanks to all who help and adviced me along the way. Ghana and Nigeria are really brodas and sisters n I tink we should combine our two countries into one cos we think the same....hahaha that's just by the way. Sori for my long story tho

how many photocopies each did u make?

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
@lateefdauda
Congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2013

i hate saying i told u so
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gud day house,I wanna do my medicals,pls direct me I need d recognised hospital 4 dvlottery, N d address pls,abeg my ppl I need d cheaper one ooooo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 22,000 Except: Egypt 13,000
Ethiopia 20,400
Nigeria 11,000
ASIA 4,300
EUROPE 13,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 725
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

Hello House: Does this mean, winners under these case numbers will be interviewed in February? OR it is to mean their 2NL will come in February? Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hilaryddrunk: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
f-geemomen:
I woke up as early as 4 a.m, prepared and ready to face any CO at the embassy. I prayed, wore my suite and tire and set of to the embassy. I reached there exactly 5:30 a.m and looking around I was the second person to reach the embassy. I waited under the tree outside the embassy very refreshed and ready. A pastor come around where we were sitting prayed and shared the word of God with us. By the time it was 6:00 a.m a lot of people came around also waiting to be called in for interview. I had a hint to make sure I was part of the first 10 in the line so I started walking towards the gate. At 6:45 we were called in for security checks. I left all coins and mobile fon out just to avoid long hours of wait. I just went tru without any hindrance.
I paid my VISA fee and my documents were checked n they collected all thus both original and photocopies. I was called to window 4. I realized that CO denied abt 3 people due to incomplete documents and other reasons...on filling my dv lottery I made a mistake in D.O.B and wrote 1990 instead of 1987, I swore an affidavit and took it along in case I was asked abt it, to be frank I was soo scared, I prayed n left all to God.
CO: showed me my form I sent to KCC and asked me to answer question 41 before we continued, which was abt weda I hav been arrested b4.
She picks up a blue sheet half of A4 paper and circled the DV and asked me to come pick up my VISA on 8th Feb 2013.
God has really answered my prayers and that of my friends, family and everybody. I was never asked abt the DOB issue. Thanks to all who help and adviced me along the way. Ghana and Nigeria are really brodas and sisters n I tink we should combine our two countries into one cos we think the same....hahaha that's just by the way. Sori for my long story tho
congratulations oo.please did you pay for the New USCIS Immigrant Fee,i mean the $165 ?

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2013

CONGRATS GENTIGER. UR CROSSOVER IS COMPLETE. LIVE THE DREAM UUUUU SSSSSS OF AAAAAAAAA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
f-geemomen:
CONGRATS BRO, WE KEY INTO UR SUCCESS

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hello House: Does this mean, winners under these case numbers will be interviewed in February? OR it is to mean their 2NL will come in February? Thank you.

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

[center]AFRICA 22,000 Except: Egypt 13,000
Ethiopia 20,400
Nigeria 11,000
ASIA 4,300
EUROPE 13,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 725
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775[/center]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ienny: 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ forumites, any1 has an idea where to get int'l drivin lincense? If yes,fee pls?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lateefdauda(m): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Thanks shine1177

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.