Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,559 members, 7,861,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:12 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926907 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ferdimako True tok and All of this is as a result of lack of proper knowledge of what the DV actually entails,I know one thing about life the best choices made are those you make yourself and irrespective of what would be the result your likly to receive it,and not blaming others,I belief he must have learnt his lesson,I pray he gets his package back.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
rood boy:

I knew abt dat man..

Ok.Have u called KCC?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
rcb34: @ferdimako True tok and All of this is as a result of lack of proper knowledge of what the DV actually entails,I know one thing about life the best choices made are those you make yourself and irrespective of what would be the result your likly to receive it,and not blaming others,I belief he must have learnt his lesson,I pray he gets his package back.

Don't relent in that prayer!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 10:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
Gentiger:

That's not a problem.Write the embassy and defer the interview to a more appropriate time. Don't fail to specify the reason you gave us as the reason for the deferment.
Gentiger, i would like to ask you a further question and my question is, if my mother-in-law's condition worsen and my husband fail to come after i have defered the interview.. what I am gonna do then? Is it ok if i ask them that my husband to join me later though he is beneficiary? man, I dont wanna lose this very opportunity as we know oppportunity comes once in our lifetime. Anyway, thank you so much for your advicesmiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
Spoondar:
and they are very lazy i understand! my brothers get hooked with our African ladies at home and keep in touch atleast we know how to handle you and respect you as well

Yeah some men do not want that.They want to go where they will be roasted.Complex animalism in us huh.Some women are coming back home to pick up husbands and do not see any reasons getting married to a US-based guy whether Nigerian,African or African-American.You run with the hare and hunt with the hound here!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
preprewow: Gentiger, i would like to ask you a further question and my question is, if my mother-in-law's condition worsen and my husband fail to come after i have defered the interview.. what I am gonna do then? Is it ok if i ask them that my husband to join me later though he is beneficiary? man, I dont wanna lose this very opportunity as we know oppportunity comes once in our lifetime. Anyway, thank you so much for your advicesmiley

Embassy might not honor ur interview still...don't want to be seen as separating families.I heard a case, the woman paid and CO asked where is ur family, they are not here because of lack of money and they returned her money to her..case closed.Some husbands make it hard for their wives and children.Last time, an army officer refused sending his pix, his wife and son could not enter. Some situations in marriages aren't encouraging at all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
folaonhigh:
when you open yahoomail where you will put your email and password, you will see a place where they put facebook and google both on desktop and phone. Login with facebook details, it will open the mail.
all she is supposed to do is that she just check up her 2NL through that page she got her 1st NL without bothering herself with that suspended account. Anyway, i wish her all the best!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
oayombo: I may not be able to post my sisters testimony in the format u guys want but I hope you all understand the gist.
They got to the embassy... herself, husband and baby. Did all the pre-interview stuffs and paid the visa fee.
They called them to the window where a young white guy was at the other end.
He immediately told the husband to move far away from them, at this point the baby started crying profusely until the father had to come carry him. The CO kept saying, sorry baby...dont cry nomore..lol
She took the oath, the guy looked at her waec...asked her for proof of actually attending that school of which she brought out her testimonial.
Then he quizzed her on ALL the subjects, I repeat...ALL 9 SUBJECTS. She was asked to mention at least one topic/aspect from each.
CO....tell me something about biology.
My Sis...Amoeba, Paramecium....bla bla bla
CO....that sounds like Agric
My sis....Nooo, it's biology o. I know what I am saying (na lie).
CO...ok, I see you had A1 in maths..u must be very brilliant. Tell me a topic in maths.
Nice one (presentation quite interesting and hillarious).
My sis...Simultaneous equation.
They did that for all other subjects too.
CO....where did you meet your husband, when did you get married, where you pregnant before u got married, how/where did you tell him about it, what was his reaction, how did he propose, when did you accept and when did you fix a date for the wedding.
My sister answered all the questions confidently.
CO...do you have pictures to support all of these?
Then my sister brought out a very big album, oyibo look photo tire.
CO....ok, go to the circled address & pick up your bla bla bla.
The husband wasn't called to the window at all till visa was approved.
Thereafter the young man started quizzing the CO ón some issues as regards travelling and stuffs. He even spent longer time than the wife at the window. (If na me, na to just run conot before the CO change hin mind).
That was how the whole thing went, Grace of God naim be the koko.

Nice one (quite interesting and hillarious). Congrats to ur sister and her hubby.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
chykezworld: @jonnywalker......i hv learnt dat frm dis part of our world...d best defense is to attack...u hv already bn backed into a corner...write a petition exactly as it hapnd...tak it to commissioner of police in d state u reside...u will b gvn an opportunity to c d commissioner of police...wt wat u said dey hv breached d contract u had by not gvn u enuf tym to pay wat u owe dem...i believe d original agreement to pay is for 1yr.

Why not gather all those cash you would expend on police and offset some of the charges.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
preprewow: Gentiger, i would like to ask you a further question and my question is, if my mother-in-law's condition worsen and my husband fail to come after i have defered the interview.. what I am gonna do then? Is it ok if i ask them that my husband to join me later though he is beneficiary? man, I dont wanna lose this very opportunity as we know oppportunity comes once in our lifetime. Anyway, thank you so much for your advicesmiley

Your husband must be present for the interview. Please work it out. It's only a half day stuff.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
oayombo: I may not be able to post my sisters testimony in the format u guys want but I hope you all understand the gist.
They got to the embassy... herself, husband and baby. Did all the pre-interview stuffs and paid the visa fee.
They called them to the window where a young white guy was at the other end.
He immediately told the husband to move far away from them, at this point the baby started crying profusely until the father had to come carry him. The CO kept saying, sorry baby...dont cry nomore..lol
She took the oath, the guy looked at her waec...asked her for proof of actually attending that school of which she brought out her testimonial.
Then he quizzed her on ALL the subjects, I repeat...ALL 9 SUBJECTS. She was asked to mention at least one topic/aspect from each.
CO....tell me something about biology.
My Sis...Amoeba, Paramecium....bla bla bla
CO....that sounds like Agric
My sis....Nooo, it's biology o. I know what I am saying (na lie).
CO...ok, I see you had A1 in maths..u must be very brilliant. Tell me a topic in maths.
My sis...Simultaneous equation.
They did that for all other subjects too.
CO....where did you meet your husband, when did you get married, where you pregnant before u got married, how/where did you tell him about it, what was his reaction, how did he propose, when did you accept and when did you fix a date for the wedding.
My sister answered all the questions confidently.
CO...do you have pictures to support all of these?
Then my sister brought out a very big album, oyibo look photo tire.
CO....ok, go to the circled address & pick up your bla bla bla.
The husband wasn't called to the window at all till visa was approved.
Thereafter the young man started quizzing the CO ón some issues as regards travelling and stuffs. He even spent longer time than the wife at the window. (If na me, na to just run conot before the CO change hin mind).
That was how the whole thing went, Grace of God naim be the koko.
congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
ferdimako:

Embassy might not honor ur interview still...don't want to be seen as separating families.I heard a case, the woman paid and CO asked where is ur family, they are not here because of lack of money and they returned her money to her..case closed.Some husbands make it hard for their wives and children.Last time, an army officer refused sending his pix, his wife and son could not enter. Some situations in marriages aren't encouraging at all.
ow ok, I never knew that! yeah, you are right Ferdimako that some situations in marriages are not encouraging at all but what to do, I should have to understand my dear husband. I know he is feeling bad for his mom & if I could have been in his shoes, I couldnt have leaved my mom suffering alone. whatever comes, I could have stayed with her so it isnt his fault because this is what our destiny is... if he fail to come after the periods i ve defered the interview, then i will cancel the whole dv program.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
preprewow: ow ok, I never knew that! yeah, you are right Ferdimako that some situations in marriages are not encouraging at all but what to do, I should have to understand my dear husband. I know he is feeling bad for his mom & if I could have been in his shoes, I couldnt have leaved my mom suffering alone. whatever comes, I could have stayed with her so it isnt his fault because this is what our destiny is... if he fail to come after the periods i ve defered the interview, then i will cancel the whole dv program.

Okay...all the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Gentiger:

Your husband must be present for the interview. Please work it out. It's only a half day stuff.
ok I ll try all my best to convince him that he should be present at the interview... once again thanks Gentiger
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
idoo4love: congratulations
congrats! thanks for sharing your sister's testimony with us
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
@preprewow, Am sowi to get into ur conversation,bt I understnd ur husbands situation too,but is they No other relative or Brother of his that could help him in taking care of his mom,jst for som days while he attends the visa interview wif U,his also sopos to understnd that his mom too would alwys want the best to hapen to her son,she wud bless his goin and komin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2013
@all,he who have ears let them hear.If you know anyone interested in US lottery,tell them neva to use agents ooooo,i don talk tired.Once bitten twice shy(orin 9ice alapomeji)

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papatee2: 12:17am On Feb 24, 2013
To all those expecting their 2NL and interview, i pray God help you through. And to those on administration processing i pray they call you back for your visas. Am using dis opportunity to inform the house that i've gotten my ticket and i'll be leaving 9ja for Dallas on tuesday. All thanks to God who has helped me so far.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2013
uniqueprivacy:
I want to say a very big thanks to everyone who has made useful contribution to my question because it has really been of help and encouragement. I can't thank you enough, what an e-family we are. more of your contributions are welcomed.
Please my fellow forumite, the real issue here is that, it is not as if i couldn't have gone ahead to do the introduction (knocking of door) before leaving, at least to please her becos for me, just going to see her parent without any proper marriage rediness does not really make much sense becos introduction is not marriage. we have seen and heard many occasions where people do introduction but do not end up in marriage, and even marriages that broke up within a very short time, it is God that has the ultimate say. though i am not praying for those kind of things to happen to me and i am not willing to struggle for anything, but my point is that it should not look as if introduction is the best and only solution to this issue, but what is key here is the love and trust we should have for each other. I want to agree with the advice my two fathers in the lord from diff churches gave to me that i shouldn't do any introduction, that if truely she loves me as much as i do, and it is the will of God, that we will wait for each other, and that i should travel first and go settle down and then come back for her and do everything at once, because if it takes a long time after the introduction, there could be pressure from her family which could lead to so many things, and possibly make me loose focus in the state. so you guys can immagine the kind of confusion i am in, how do i convince my woman, she means so much to me and i don't want to hurt her feelings in anyway. I will be travelling early April, God please help me out.

@adesojiaderemi, thanks my brother, to answer your question, i didn't mean traditional engagement but proposal with a ring token inwhich she gave her consent. Secondly, it is not love at first sight, we have been dating from campus since 2009. I sincerely love her and on my own would go any lenght to keep her, but my problem is how to convince her in this situation.

@Gentiger i really appreciate your contribution, our Barr. in the house. We are both convinced that we are meant for each other from God. I really wish this were a legal matter i know you would have done justice to it. Lol, thanks man.

@Femsoj, i must confess that i am really touched by your contribution. It is as if you read what was in my mind b4 posting this, in fact it is one of my major concern, because i see this alot about people from abroad coming back home to look for wife to marry, why in my wildest imagination would i abandon a woman in whom i have found true love because of "beauty". my woman is beautiful enough for me both in looks and in character so what else am i looking for.
Unique, really it's not as easy as she wants but God Almighty will see you thru, you know what you want just stay focused. When you get to US make money within a year and come back for her.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 1:53am On Feb 24, 2013
rood boy:

@ kaygee1977: My sister, I'm soooo sorry by calling you a male? With all ds ur prayer, ur visa will be grant ijn (amen) hope u r prepearin all the necessary doc sha?

Apart from the certificates. I can't start medicals and the rest until I get the 2NL. I also have a professional exam to write soon which I will update KCC on...I pray that I do well in the exam. Amen. Thank you so much for your effort in replying me. We shall enjoy this Grace with a massive thanksgiving in Jesus Name. Amen. What God has started in our life will be confirmed for true completion with our America Diversity Visa in Jesus Name. Amen. Once again I affirm in the Mighty Name of Jesus that no process nor protocol will rob us all winners in Nairaland of this blessing in Jesus Name. Amen. God will not allow us to make any mistake with our preparation. Amen. Thanks a bunch. Stay blessed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 1:56am On Feb 24, 2013
papatee2: To all those expecting their 2NL and interview, i pray God help you through. And to those on administration processing i pray they call you back for your visas. Am using dis opportunity to inform the house that i've gotten my ticket and i'll be leaving 9ja for Dallas on tuesday. All thanks to God who has helped me so far.
. I wish u sAfe journey broo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:36am On Feb 24, 2013
@johnywalker; i dont think it would be wise u involve d law enforcement agents in this case cos it may lead to more problem, knowing fully well that these rascals are still with your valuable asset. I will advice you intensify your pleading with them and also rally round for at least half of what they demanded.
IT IS WELL!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:45am On Feb 24, 2013
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@][/quote]..

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:46am On Feb 24, 2013
ferdimako:

If you were born from 1979, no need for affidavit b4 u get the NPC brith cert.version.
i disagree with this, cos i was made to understand at NPC's office that those above 18yrs are required to get an affidavit for BC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 5:16am On Feb 24, 2013
nero xp:
I wil suggest 4 u to go to children's practice @ ikoyi.
(2) For ur medicals,u wil present ur Int.passport nd de photocopy of its data page,den wit ur 2 photos nd ur fee...for police report,u jst need ur Int.passport,ur 1 photo nd ur fee.
(3) My own medical result came out afta 4 days nd my police clearance was issued to me dat same day within 15 mins.
(4) Yes u can do ur police report nd medicals dat same day.jst do ur police report 1st before medicals.
(5) Odas wil help u here
Thanks @nero xp & God bless u, but u didn't gv me direction 4rm Oshodi & how much did u do ur Med.& police report? Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:49am On Feb 24, 2013
preprewow: ok I ll try all my best to convince him that he should be present at the interview... once again thanks Gentiger

Please do. You are most welcome.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:01am On Feb 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Ok.Have u called KCC?

No. Cuz I'm not with ma case no were I is buh am back home...I will take it along on monday...once again thanx a lot.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2013
@Jonnywalker, I'm really not happy that this kind of issue is coming out after u have gotten ur visa. This kind of issue almost came up when I was selected but thank God I sourced for information and I got one that made me to escape cos initially I knew absolutely nothing about DV.
I will advice you to settle this amicably with the agent. Make them see reason with you. Make them believe you will sure pay the money when you have gotten to the states. From what you said, you guys agreed to pay 2/3 of $7000 before travelling then complete the money after one year. And now they want the whole $7000 to be paid at once. This people are out for business and they might do anything possible to get the money. You can also take the visa from them by bringing police into the case or using any other means, but don't forget that they are also human who won't sit back and watch you as strike blows on them. They can also fight back by going fetish to frustrate your effort when u finally get to US. There is nothing that prayer cannot solve. I suggest u pray about this and seek council from elders and people with more legal experience on this before running to the police. Gentiger would have helped you when both of you have met and u xplain every details of this issue to him, but he is almost out of the country. So, look for some else that can help you resolve this. I pray you settle this amicably so that both parties wuld be happy cos the agent meant well by paying for the processing and other things. Just try my brother and may God help you resolve this amicably.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:18am On Feb 24, 2013
kaygee1977:

Apart from the certificates. I can't start medicals and the rest until I get the 2NL. I also have a professional exam to write soon which I will update KCC on...I pray that I do well in the exam. Amen. Thank you so much for your effort in replying me. We shall enjoy this Grace with a massive thanksgiving in Jesus Name. Amen. What God has started in our life will be confirmed for true completion with our America Diversity Visa in Jesus Name. Amen. Once again I affirm in the Mighty Name of Jesus that no process nor protocol will rob us all winners in Nairaland of this blessing in Jesus Name. Amen. God will not allow us to make any mistake with our preparation. Amen. Thanks a bunch. Stay blessed.

I knew dat you can't do the medical & police report now. Wat abt the rest? If I may hear you mention professional exam, definately God's almighty most lead you 2tru ur exam (Amen) where did you stay n lag? Cuz I also stay n lag too at surulere.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2013
papatee2: To all those expecting their 2NL and interview, i pray God help you through. And to those on administration processing i pray they call you back for your visas. Am using dis opportunity to inform the house that i've gotten my ticket and i'll be leaving 9ja for Dallas on tuesday. All thanks to God who has helped me so far.
my brother I thank the Almighty God for you. May His name be praised. Congrats bro. I wish u the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2013
monsieursam64: i disagree with this, cos i was made to understand at NPC's office that those above 18yrs are required to get an affidavit for BC.

May be different state,different statement and condition.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 24, 2013
kaygee1977:

Do you really need to update KCC on anything educational? Your stated O'level or post O'level have already sufficed.Tell Embassy about your professional exams if they want to know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.