Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923499 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
biggie1o2: hello House, can someone update/change his/her information he/she already submitted to KCC like the email address? A friend email account got suspended and she cannot remember the answer to her security question anymore, which makes it impossbile for her to access her mails. she might be getting her 2NL maybe by MAy cos her CN is @171**. Is there any way out of this? please she needs advise from the house on what to do about this.
when you open yahoomail where you will put your email and password, you will see a place where they put facebook and google both on desktop and phone. Login with facebook details, it will open the mail.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
Gentiger:

Seal777 are you quoting what you are doing or raising doubts on my claim? I don't understand. please clarify yourself to she'd any doubts you might have.

Doubt ke, not at all. Just saying we are in the same process of settling the family aspect before departure.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
Gentiger:

Hmmmmm! Every sexual fun has a huge price tag. Think through before you heed.
Gbam!!!!! Just tell am o.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
rcb34: @ daddykelly and rood boy, fankx alot I appreciate.

@ rcb34: you are re welcm. Jst try an prepear urself very well, base on ur result...fine, co can ask you. Wat is ur favourite subject? and u said maths and co c dat u av highest grade n Eng... ds is are the field u need 2 defend urself.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
mascotinme:

@gentiger, are you saying his name ought to have been included as beneficiary when his name was put as someone joining me LATER? Cos DS 230 PART II wasnt filled for him. Coz he wasnt included as beneficiary when applying. Pls look into this bros

I don't even know the quote you are referring to.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
mascotinme:

@ gentiger thanks! What am saying is that i put her name as someone that will follow me LATER, not NOW! And DS230 PART II was not filled for her. With all these, are u saying her name ought to av came as beneficiary? Cos i asked d house before i took the step. Kindly advice me on what to do

Since you were never married to this individual nor is she your child, you have no legal justification to say she would join you later. All you needed to do was to defer the submission of your forms, marry her, include her as your spouse and send it over to KCC. To write KCC after you've submitted your forms as a single applicant now claiming to be married is viewed as a fraudulent act. That's Why they won't honour your request to add.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
seal777: .

Doubt ke, not at all. Just saying we are in the same process of settling the family aspect before departure.

Okay dear. My people keep reminding me that women in the US are not made for marriage. At best they are bedmates or live-in-partners. Marry them to your detriment. My uncle narrowly escaped death. His brother's wife (black American) shot at him because he went to the refrigerator without her clearance. If you are single, find a godly, humble and teachable girl to engage. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 11:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
rood boy:

You are re welcm. Pls update me immediately you 2tru wiith ur intview? Cuz I can wait 2 hear ur Good news frm you o.
Dnt worry I wil surely,I mean its a must tin GOD wil do for me nd every member of dis forum.I must surely update u nd every member here to knw hw GOD ALMIGHTY works nd only HIS name shall be glorified,AMEN...

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
jonnywalker: hi pals,i'm posting this to invite ideas from the gurus n anyone with experience.pls i've got my visa but unfortunately the agents who played for me had collected my passport n sealed envelope requesting 7000dollars before givin it back.when they first called to notify me of winning,my family told them we don't have money but they said we could make two\third payment n go to court to sign agreement to pay the rest within a year after visa .they paid all the processin fees tellin me that i will pay it in addition to the 7000.they've collected my visa now,we went to plead with 2500dollars but they refused.they denied sayin the part payment.now i don't have any other source to get money for them.i wanted a peaceful negotiating but it seem they are not ready.i'm asking if there's any other option i can get my package back.please temmy,gentiger n everyone with experience can help.thanks
Jazz
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
@ chirpyest......I shall testify by God's unfailing grace.....Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 11:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
ferdimako:

So your gf shouldn't worry about getting replaced as a wife but as a bed mate.So have fun and come back home for your wife, who could come over and turn out to be like the one you only appreciated her bed prowess.Catch 22!
sometimes you comment to a post like someone that his brain had turned upside down. You are making me think that there are some primary school pupils in this forum. My advice is that you should read over my post again . For Christ sake, cant you do without abusive words when you are commenting on a post? Do I even mention anything about me having fun?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 12:04am On Feb 23, 2013
I want to say a very big thanks to everyone who has made useful contribution to my question because it has really been of help and encouragement. I can't thank you enough, what an e-family we are. more of your contributions are welcomed.
Please my fellow forumite, the real issue here is that, it is not as if i couldn't have gone ahead to do the introduction (knocking of door) before leaving, at least to please her becos for me, just going to see her parent without any proper marriage rediness does not really make much sense becos introduction is not marriage. we have seen and heard many occasions where people do introduction but do not end up in marriage, and even marriages that broke up within a very short time, it is God that has the ultimate say. though i am not praying for those kind of things to happen to me and i am not willing to struggle for anything, but my point is that it should not look as if introduction is the best and only solution to this issue, but what is key here is the love and trust we should have for each other. I want to agree with the advice my two fathers in the lord from diff churches gave to me that i shouldn't do any introduction, that if truely she loves me as much as i do, and it is the will of God, that we will wait for each other, and that i should travel first and go settle down and then come back for her and do everything at once, because if it takes a long time after the introduction, there could be pressure from her family which could lead to so many things, and possibly make me loose focus in the state. so you guys can immagine the kind of confusion i am in, how do i convince my woman, she means so much to me and i don't want to hurt her feelings in anyway. I will be travelling early April, God please help me out.

@adesojiaderemi, thanks my brother, to answer your question, i didn't mean traditional engagement but proposal with a ring token inwhich she gave her consent. Secondly, it is not love at first sight, we have been dating from campus since 2009. I sincerely love her and on my own would go any lenght to keep her, but my problem is how to convince her in this situation.

@Gentiger i really appreciate your contribution, our Barr. in the house. We are both convinced that we are meant for each other from God. I really wish this were a legal matter i know you would have done justice to it. Lol, thanks man.

@Femsoj, i must confess that i am really touched by your contribution. It is as if you read what was in my mind b4 posting this, in fact it is one of my major concern, because i see this alot about people from abroad coming back home to look for wife to marry, why in my wildest imagination would i abandon a woman in whom i have found true love because of "beauty". my woman is beautiful enough for me both in looks and in character so what else am i looking for.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:31am On Feb 23, 2013
uniquprivacy,you are in order,there are two test to prove things in life;test of time and circumstances,if you are both in love and the relationship is divine you will surely tie the knot. Dont rush into anything and avoid marrying out of pity.God will see you through.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 12:46am On Feb 23, 2013
jonnywalker: hi pals,i'm posting this to invite ideas from the gurus n anyone with experience.pls i've got my visa but unfortunately the agents who played for me had collected my passport n sealed envelope requesting 7000dollars before givin it back.when they first called to notify me of winning,my family told them we don't have money but they said we could make two\third payment n go to court to sign agreement to pay the rest within a year after visa .they paid all the processin fees tellin me that i will pay it in addition to the 7000.they've collected my visa now,we went to plead with 2500dollars but they refused.they denied sayin the part payment.now i don't have any other source to get money for them.i wanted a peaceful negotiating but it seem they are not ready.i'm asking if there's any other option i can get my package back.please temmy,gentiger n everyone with experience can help.thanks

Hello Jonnywalker, i am really sorry about your situation, but i am wondering how your Visa package got to your agent or was it part of the agreement that they will collect it for you?, if yes was the agreement written and signed before a legal practitioner or in a law court like you said? because your information needs more clarification for us to know how best to advise you. but i'm afraid if you did enter into such agreement, there is nothing else you can do than to keep to the agreement and be at the mercy of your agent. to them they know that what they have with them is something very precious to you and would want to hold on to it knowing that you will definately come for it. you must act fast knowing that your Visa has an expiry date, which is six month from date of issuance. This is really painful, we must be very careful about the kind of agreement we enter into so we dont get stocked. May God see you through IJN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 12:55am On Feb 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
uniquprivacy,you are in order,there are two test to prove things in life;test of time and circumstances,if you are both in love and the relationship is divine you will surely tie the knot. Dont rush into anything and avoid marrying out of pity.God will see you through.

Amen, thanks man and God bless you real good. how is life over there, and which state are you? I will be going to Pennsylvania by God's grace in the month of April.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:04am On Feb 23, 2013
uniqueprivacy:

Amen, thanks man and God bless you real good. how is life over there, and which state are you? I will be going to Pennsylvania by God's grace in the month of April.

life is cool,I am in Massachusetts.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 1:12am On Feb 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

life is cool,I am in Massachusetts.

That's great thanks to God, hope your area was not affected by the recent storm. I have relatives there and might be relocating from yardley PA after collecting my green card.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:22am On Feb 23, 2013
uniqueprivacy:

That's great thanks to God, hope your area was not affected by the recent storm. I have relatives there and might be relocating from yardley PA after collecting my green card.

snow storm is a fun, much better than fire and earthquake.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:48am On Feb 23, 2013
Good morning to you all and have a blessed weekend.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 5:55am On Feb 23, 2013
folaonhigh:
when you open yahoomail where you will put your email and password, you will see a place where they put facebook and google both on desktop and phone. Login with facebook details, it will open the mail.
just go to cyber cafe or try it on your phone or laptop or desktop.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 6:41am On Feb 23, 2013
Gentiger:

Okay dear. My people keep reminding me that women in the US are not made for marriage. At best they are bedmates or live-in-partners. Marry them to your detriment. My uncle narrowly escaped death. His brother's wife (black American) shot at him because he went to the refrigerator without her clearance. If you are single, find a godly, humble and teachable girl to engage. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
because of fridge kwa?? Wey me I no even get. Na wa o!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2013
femsoj: sometimes you comment to a post like someone that his brain had turned upside down. You are making me think that there are some primary school pupils in this forum. My advice is that you should read over my post again . For Christ sake, cant you do without abusive words when you are commenting on a post? Do I even mention anything about me having fun?

So you can't see the fun part of it.Take things easy! Am ok with my primary school brain!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:07am On Feb 23, 2013
In Nigerian community here in US, there are still thousands of Ladies;Educated,humble with Nigerian cultural value.They also think there are no "husband Material" in US most of them prefer to come home to choose or get one through a reliable contact, if they see a new immigrant single and well behave I tell you...

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2013
rood boy:

If you are n lagos den come down to surulere ask of bodetomos junction ask any body dere dat u r goin to NPC office very close to bodetomos junction. I did mine 3k dere.

Tnx @ rood boy.
I av been there & i was adviced 2do mine in my state possibly the local government where i am residing. So dis is an info 4 those who avnt done.

4 those gamblin wit their visas, i wish u well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mascotinme(m): 10:49am On Feb 23, 2013
mascotinme:

@ gentiger thanks!

THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2013

@jonnywalker, i want to ask firstly which country you are from cuz it certainly can't be Naija.

Secondly how did they get a hold of ur visa, if you dint give it to them??

Thirdly, what processing fees did they pay aside the USD330 Dint you pay an application fee??

An advice to the house: Gone are the days when we walk miles to get information, nowadays with a click we get information from different places. Take your time and patience to ask questions and seek information before embarking on any voyage as our NAIRALANDERS are doing here.

@jonnywalker: I tink if this information reaches the US embassy, ur visa could be withheld or revoked.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2013
uniqueprivacy:
I want to say a very big thanks to everyone who has made useful contribution to my question because it has really been of help and encouragement. I can't thank you enough, what an e-family we are. more of your contributions are welcomed.
Please my fellow forumite, the real issue here is that, it is not as if i couldn't have gone ahead to do the introduction (knocking of door) before leaving, at least to please her becos for me, just going to see her parent without any proper marriage rediness does not really make much sense becos introduction is not marriage. we have seen and heard many occasions where people do introduction but do not end up in marriage, and even marriages that broke up within a very short time, it is God that has the ultimate say. though i am not praying for those kind of things to happen to me and i am not willing to struggle for anything, but my point is that it should not look as if introduction is the best and only solution to this issue, but what is key here is the love and trust we should have for each other. I want to agree with the advice my two fathers in the lord from diff churches gave to me that i shouldn't do any introduction, that if truely she loves me as much as i do, and it is the will of God, that we will wait for each other, and that i should travel first and go settle down and then come back for her and do everything at once, because if it takes a long time after the introduction, there could be pressure from her family which could lead to so many things, and possibly make me loose focus in the state. so you guys can immagine the kind of confusion i am in, how do i convince my woman, she means so much to me and i don't want to hurt her feelings in anyway. I will be travelling early April, God please help me out.

Broda...i seriously wantu to think about what you are saying. Marriage is a couples thing, leave your spiritual fathers out of the matter cuz you won't end up living with them & if something goes wrong they will hands off.

Trust your love enough to mak a reasonable commitment. Either do a court wedding or pay her bride price(small one), then that will coordinate your behaviour in the US as you will always be remembered that you are a married man.

But if you don't trust your love enough to do it, you will have told her that you don't want her & i can promise you that you will loose out.

So go be a man & show her you love her, then she will wait.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
In Nigerian community here in US, there are still thousands of Ladies;Educated,humble with Nigerian cultural value.They also think there are no "husband Material" in US most of them prefer to come home to choose or get one through a reliable contact, if they see a new immigrant single and well behave I tell you...

In that case people seeking a mate can flow with this observation. Adesoji has been there long enough to know better.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
mascotinme:

@gentiger and every in da house i really appreciate you!
My point: i ONLY SENT A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, HER PASSPORT PHOTO AND MY UPDATED DS-203 PART I (DAT AM MARRIED AND SHE WOULD JOIN ME LATER), BUT DIDNT FILLED ANY OF DS-203 PART I AND II FOR HER, THOUGHT THAT SINCE SHE WOULD JOIN ME LATER, I NEED NOT FILL THAT FOR HER. BUT I DONT KNOW THE IMPLICATION. PLEASE HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED AS MY INTERVIEW IS MARCH. THANKS

If your 2NL says you are single without a derivative and your letter and attached documents says you are married, What's would you tell the CO you are? Single or married? Don't forget your forms and all attached documents will be in the bundle sent to the embassy for your interview. Your case is complex. Pray for divine intervention and go for a more elaborate and detailed immigration counsel.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
Gentiger:

and they are very lazy i understand! my brothers get hooked with our African ladies at home and keep in touch atleast we know how to handle you and respect you as well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
...most of theose who marry "Akata" because of "Pali" will always have a story tell, there are also some who think they are looking for housemaid as wife by the time they get to US they are worst than the Akata.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
ferdimako:

So you can't see the fun part of it.Take things easy! Am ok with my primary school brain!

@ femsoj & ferdimako: its okey. Pls you guys shld bury the issue and let's move on...

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.