Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,677 members, 7,862,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926955 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 7:36am On Mar 19, 2013
hellooo,pls how can someone correct a mistake to d form that hav been sent to kcc...pls urgent reply thanx.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:37am On Mar 19, 2013
genlion: bro i got it now. wat if one decides to remain as green holder, will it be renew without stress

THAT your green card expires does not mean your permanent residency expired. It means the plastic card is due for replacement. You can choose to remain a green card holder by renewing it but greater benefits accrues to you If you apply to naturalize. It's entirely up to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:39am On Mar 19, 2013
ferdimako:

I didn't win oh.It's either am selected on May 1 or I use student visa.

Amen!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2013
ienny: @gentiger,adesoji and all, pls how many working days does it take to get greencard and SSN?

It depends on the state.I got my SSN in 4working days. Still awaiting my green card. Got my welcome pack on monday, yesterday. Reporting from LA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 7:43am On Mar 19, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: pls leripa,inwhich state are u.@adovia pls i need ur contact ooo cos am coming to new jersy in couples of weeks.GLORY!

@Godhelpmeooo:
I'm yet to have my interview and God willing, i'll be heading to Indiana.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:45am On Mar 19, 2013
emebeteaderashn: hi guys one quick question,is it possible for me to work only with my social security number with out having my green card??\

Yes!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2013
pstadabi: @adesojiadermi. Which area do you stay in felele. I stay in boluwaji too. Not far frm ur area.
It's a pity,u cnt find him avalable there again.Consida dis "I use 2 stay in Ibadan,Felele area" Adesoji is nw an Hero in d land of oppor2nity."GBOSA" 4 him

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
Congratulations my brother am just seeing this ur testimony i ve been very busy lately bro adesojiaderemi ll understand what am talking abt
U're welcom onboard,it's neva 2 late 2 congratulate a fellow.Wat makes u busy wil prosper u IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tzetzefly(m): 8:20am On Mar 19, 2013
sunday45: I'm afraid, please E-gurus. What question do u think CO can ask base on my work as Sales boy in pure water factory?

Take note, it is called purified packaged water....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 8:21am On Mar 19, 2013
Congratulations to all those that had succesful interviews yesterday,I pray all thOse goin for theirs today will come here to share us their testimonies IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 8:22am On Mar 19, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: oh,ok no prob.we wil see each oda today,afobat wil cal u wen i get to his house.GLORY!!
United people of Ibadan,i dey gbadun u al
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: pls leripa,inwhich state are u.@adovia pls i need ur contact ooo cos am coming to new jersy in couples of weeks.GLORY!
Oya, beging 2 dey park ur Naija must go
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 8:31am On Mar 19, 2013
Gentiger:

THAT your green card expires does not mean your permanent residency expired. It means the plastic card is due for replacement. You can choose to remain a green card holder by renewing it but greater benefits accrues to you If you apply to naturalize. It's entirely up to you.
Gud talk
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=pstadabi] @adesojiadermi. Which area do you stay in felele. I stay in boluwaji too. Not far frm ur area. [/q

Felele straight.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:37am On Mar 19, 2013
@ my main man Mantiger: Good morning, how was ur 9ite? Pls where Did u reside?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:38am On Mar 19, 2013
nero xp: GOD has done it 4 me ooo,am more dan happy 2day oo.wil post my experience wen I get home grin

Congrats Nero!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 19, 2013
Thank you all once again for the congratulatory messages I'm indeed grateful to God I found this forum...to everybody in interview hall at this moment and everybody having their interviews this week,month just go and get ur visas from d CO its a done deal..GLORY!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2013
Please house who is in state of maryland...cos dats where I plan on goin after I collect my passport with visa..thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:51am On Mar 19, 2013
f-geemomen:
I want to first of all thank God for my situation because it has taught me how to be tolerant and patient. I had my interview on 4th February and was issued a green sheet to return on 8th February for my VISA, on arrival I was told my VISA was not ready, the took the sheet and handed me a white sheet putting me on Administrative Processing. On my first filling for DV 2013 I mistakenly typed 1990 instead of 1987 as date of birth so I knew they wanted to verify that I wasn't a criminal cos I wrote the correct date on the DSP form and swore an affidavit. I was soo sad and frustrated. I didn't give up, I still psyched myself, prayed and fasted. On last thursday 28th March I read abt some forumites who were also on AP and had been called. I tapped into their success and at 12:00 pm I was called by the American embassy in Ghana asking me to come to the embassy on Monday at 1pm with my letter and the passport. I went there today and we went tru the normal security checks. I was called up to one of the CO and I was asked to present my passport and that all my documents were ok. She re-issued me with a new green sheet asking me to return on friday for my VISA. I thank God for all he has done for me and I also thank all members that continue to help pple out there like me. God bless you all...to all those on AP, you will be called and you shall all be issued VISA's IJN. Sori 4 my long story tho I hope someone wud learn from my story.....

Congrats man! GOD is faithful

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2013
Honourable fellow members,distinguish colleagues,special guests,observants,gentle men of d press,al protocols duly observed,ladies & gentle men.I hereby declear continuous success,jubilation&celebration 2 dis forum.No one wil b denied or disappointd.God wil always b there 4 us IJN! Femo,Yusmash,doctorp&who else? We shal join u 2 sing d song of praise,IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2013
Gentiger:

pls can u xplain in details on this naturalization issue
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2013
usef83: hellooo,pls how can someone correct a mistake to d form that hav been sent to kcc...pls urgent reply thanx.

Yes. U can go 2tru the followin below.

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing ur form.
If u've detected an error on a form u've already submitted, u can send the corrected information to kcc 2tru regular mail or email. If dere are more dan one or two minor corrections, u may submit a corrected copy of the forms. U can used photocopied form or u can download dem frm htt://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms 1342.htm l.

Stay bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2013
jidex001: Forum.. I am sorry for the late response.

I left my phone @ home that why I have not spoken since.

My Visa was approve.

I got to the embassy @ 6:15am.. I waited till 9:45am before I was called in. Collected the payment slip, when thru the security and straight to the hall where interview is being conducted. I paid payment, submitted mine document. And I was waiting for my number to be call. I meet couple of guys.. We just started chatting like as if we have know each other for long time. With great believe that our visa has being approved. Suddenly my number beep @ counter 13 about 12 :15pm.

Me: Good afternoon Sir.
Co: Good afternoon and how are u doing.
Me: fine and u.
Co: Raise up ur hand...bla bla bla.
Me: yes I do.. Finger print.
Co: Wat do U do.
Me: Schooling and working.
Co: What d name of sch
Me: lasu sch of part time.
Co: he ask about my work.
Me: I told him designation at work
Co: he ask full meaning of my designation.
Me : I told him.
Co: Hope u are finding it easy.
Me: yes and it cool.
Co: He asked that what d relationship btw the person I am going to stay with and I.
Me: family friend.
Co: where is ur parent.
Me: lagos.
Co: do u stay wit them.
Me: Yes.
Co: he asked about how many brother and sister I have.
Me: 3brothers and 1sister.
Co : just said congratulation.. And he gave me d white sheet. On how to pay d 165dollars.

The co was already tired.. We were just about 4 of us remaining.

Glory be to God almighty. Big thanks to my name sake jidedon, leripa and to other great people in this forum

Congrats bro!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:20am On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=Petsal]Gud morning house:
Pls does anybody knows NPC office in lagos(address or description) cos a friend will like to do NPC certificate cos his interview date is close by.
Secondly, pls how much will it cost him to do the NPC certificate and for how many days? Thanks

You can come down 2 surulere ask of bode-thomas junction opposit redeem church frm dere ask of NPC office isn't too far ok.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2013
akaniman: PRAISE YE THE LORD 4 ME...........................THE LORD HAS DONE IT 4 MY FAMILY...................VISA APPROVED..........FULL JIST LATER.

Congrats!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pstadabi: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2013
odunmanuel: Honourable fellow members,distinguish colleagues,special guests,observants,gentle men of d press,al protocols duly observed,ladies & gentle men.I hereby declear continuous success,jubilation&celebration 2 dis forum.No one wil b denied or disappointd.God wil always b there 4 us IJN! Femo,Yusmash,doctorp&who else? We shal join u 2 sing d song of praise,IJN
Amen 0oooo i claim it cos my interview is next week.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tundemalikgmai(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2013
odunmanuel: Honourable fellow members,distinguish colleagues,special guests,observants,gentle men of d press,al protocols duly observed,ladies & gentle men.I hereby declear continuous success,jubilation&celebration 2 dis forum.No one wil b denied or disappointd.God wil always b there 4 us IJN! Femo,Yusmash,doctorp&who else? We shal join u 2 sing d song of praise,IJN
@ odunmanuel what is the range of ur CN?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2013
sina_adegoke: Hi house. Just came back from my visa interview. I know this is arguable, but thanks to God, it should be the shortest interview ever.

It went like this;
Interviewer: Hi
Me: Hi. Nice tie
Interviewer: (Blushes, looks at his tie, smiles widely, then looks at me): Thanks.
Interviewer: Are you Adegoke?
Me: Yes, Adegoke Adesina
Interviewer: Which school did u finish from?
Me: OAU, Ile Ife
Interviewer: When did u graduate?
ME: 1999
Interviewer:Which course did u study?
Me: Engineering Physics
Interviewer: How come you're in banking?
Me: Nigerian banks take graduates from all fields. You get trained on the job. So....
Interviewer: I was an Engineer too, and I found myself here, so I understand u
Me: You don't say
Interviewer: Yeah
Me: Where u begin and where u end are two different things

He kept smiling all the way, almost whistling when he brought out the forms, congratulated me, & told me my visa has been approved.

My tip for those awaiting the interview is.... Follow the instructions on the website thoroughly, & be very nice & civil. It can shorten ur interview considerably.

But more importantly, be confident in God. When it's ur time to change location, then it's ur time, hopefully for d best.

I am now officially a Yankee.

Meet u guys on the other side!

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 9:43am On Mar 19, 2013
Gentiger: This is Gentiger reporting live and direct from LOS ANGELES California. I arrived safely yesterday, 17:00 local time after about 20hrs flifgt and 6hrs layover at Istanbul.

It was a fun experience and i thank everyone who through prayers and goodwill messages made this happen. If you are coming through Los Angeles, i must prepare your mind on what to expect. I cant tell if it's the same thing everywhere else. On arrival, we were greeted by sniffing scoundrels. They had to ensure we were drugs free. We proceeded to the immigration post to have our documents and visa packets (sealed Envelope} processed. It took a while because we were about 6 of us. I issued them with a new address for the delivery of my green card. You can change the delivery address of your green card to anywhere of your choice within the US. It's not true, neither is it mandatory you must come in through the Port you specified in your form to KCC.

From the immigration post we were ushered to the customs for screening. They spent time processing us. Expect discriminatory treatment if you are an African male, Asian or Middle east. They will single you out for special attention. They did what must be done and formally welcomed us to America.

For those of you who already have your visas, hurry up and join us here. This country is a beautiful place. Nowhere in Nigeria can be compared to Los Angeles California. Those awaiting interview, i wish you success. You will surely testify. I will be back here to share my experience with gay people as a way of preparing your minds for what obtains here. Talk to you later.

Gentiger signing off. Love you all.

Congrats bro! Welcome to the U S of A!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 9:53am On Mar 19, 2013
Tobi henryo: A sister of mine jst had her interview today and it was a succesful one.though she's yet to share her exerience with me...My husband followed her to d embaassy and he said today is like visa day that evryone coming out of d embassy are very happy...I pray all of us expectin our interview date wl end up sharing testimonies here in dis forum.

Congrats to her!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2013
odunmanuel: Oya, beging 2 dey park ur Naija must go

lol...thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 19, 2013
Leripa:

lol...thanks

First time am hearing someone wants to head to Indiana.All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.