Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,917 members, 7,841,485 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924217 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papatee2: 12:01am On Mar 30, 2013
abesin01: House please, how will I collect my green card upon arrival in the state. Any procedure ?
u will be attended to at d port of entry and will be asked to sign and give address of where u want ur greencard to be mail. u dont need anytin again cos they will mail it to u after few weeks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:10am On Mar 30, 2013
agbaawo: Thank you pls what is the cheapest flight to chicago
book your flight with either Emirate or Royal Air Moroc to New York at MMA and also book your connecting flight from New York to Chicago with Delta Airlines also at that same MMA. Or you can book ur flight at JFK with any airline when you land at New York.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by agbaawo: 12:13am On Mar 30, 2013
Cool.................how do I track my visa if it is ready pls.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:00am On Mar 30, 2013
Hello guys,it been long since i posted here and i must say my job has been a major factor for my absence,i visit here everyday but find it difficult to read all posts cos of my schedule. i wish to congratulate those who have been issued visa and also congratulate those awaiting to be interviewed cos the visa is yours IJN.As you all are preparing to come join some of us in USA,i must advice you all to aim for the best but prepare for the worst. Stories am hearing about hosts are cause for concern for me and i must say here that no matter how bad things maybe,God will see you tru. US isnt as bad as most host painted it esp if you are hard working,you will make it.It saddens me when some host treat their guest badly.I have heard many stories here on how host treat their guest and if feel i should share some with you.
My distant cousin came into US tru lottery 10years back,he arrived at a very gud friends place(old school pals) in east coast.with all high hopes that things would go well,he was given just 1 one week to leave the house(his pals house)after arrival.He tot it was a joke until wen one week expired and his found his things outside.GC and SSN hadnt arrived,no where to go,no one to call.He left in the cold for days before my dad heard about it and contacted my uncle in TX.My uncle had to fly him to Texas and accommondated him,imagine if there was no one to helpout.
A muslim couple came into US some few years back only to call their host on arrival but the host neva picked their calls till date.The wife was heavily pregnant,no where to go,no one to call.It was a gud Nigerian that refered them to a church.The church accomondated them and today,they are doing fine.Why did he give them his number and promised them heaven and earth?

I know some nairalanders in US too must had some bad experiences too but i pray God see you all tru.

Why must we treat our fellow human so badly?If you cant help,why make promises?If you cant afford to accommondate someone why ask him or her to come to your place? I know it may not be easy to put someone in your house but i dont think it cost much financially,so why the maltreatment?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 2:21am On Mar 30, 2013
temmytanny: Hello guys,it been long since i posted here and i must say my job has been a major factor for my absence,i visit here everyday but find it difficult to read all posts cos of my schedule. i wish to congratulate those who have been issued visa and also congratulate those awaiting to be interviewed cos the visa is yours IJN.As you all are preparing to come join some of us in USA,i must advice you all to aim for the best but prepare for the worst. Stories am hearing about hosts are cause for concern for me and i must say here that no matter how bad things maybe,God will see you tru. US isnt as bad as most host painted it esp if you are hard working,you will make it.It saddens me when some host treat their guest badly.I have heard many stories here on how host treat their guest and if feel i should share some with you.
My distant cousin came into US tru lottery 10years back,he arrived at a very gud friends place(old school pals) in east coast.with all high hopes that things would go well,he was given just 1 one week to leave the house(his pals house)after arrival.He tot it was a joke until wen one week expired and his found his things outside.GC and SSN hadnt arrived,no where to go,no one to call.He left in the cold for days before my dad heard about it and contacted my uncle in TX.My uncle had to fly him to Texas and accommondated him,imagine if there was no one to helpout.
A muslim couple came into US some few years back only to call their host on arrival but the host neva picked their calls till date.The wife was heavily pregnant,no where to go,no one to call.It was a gud Nigerian that refered them to a church.The church accomondated them and today,they are doing fine.Why did he give them his number and promised them heaven and earth?

I know some nairalanders in US too must had some bad experiences too but i pray God see you all tru.

Why must we treat our fellow human so badly?If you cant help,why make promises?If you cant afford to accommondate someone why ask him or her to come to your place? I know it may not be easy to put someone in your house but i dont think it cost much financially,so why the maltreatment?
hmmmmm.... words.
Bro, pls how easy is it to get accommodation in indianapolis? as in the least and on an average of how much will you recommend to have for personal upkeep for few weeks of landing?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:37am On Mar 30, 2013
MY ADVICE,
I dont know who is going to host you here,your brother,uncle,aunty or whatever but please dont relax and expect luxury here.They worked to make their cash and you must also be prepared to do so once you enter US. If you have cash in naija,bring all along with you to start your new life here,am not saying you should sell your assets oooo but if need be do so,you will make your money back once you start work here.
Once you arrive,start looking at how you will get a job so that you can be independent.Am not sayin you should neglect schooling runs but let job be priority.Once you settle down you can now plan ahead.
See you at the top
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:37am On Mar 30, 2013
ManTiger:
hmmmmm.... words.
Bro, pls how easy is it to get accommodation in indianapolis? as in the least and on an average of how much will you recommend to have for personal upkeep for few weeks of landing?
yes but you will need someone to stand for you before they can give you an apartment.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 2:54am On Mar 30, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Good evening Sir brightmon! How r u settling down? I want to plead with you, and to plead with myself too: let's be peace makers, let's not condemn others of their sin or hold on bitterness against another. No one is perfect, and God forgives all. We all have our human weaknesses, so please sheath the sword. Don't remind us of issues of the past; glow with a happy mind as you that. Happy Easter!
Oga Ifeanyi, gini kamme kita eh? my brother, I cant wait to have you in the States. I was really happy when I read about interview gist, just reach me when u enter and we will assist in anyway that we can.
Happy Easter.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:04am On Mar 30, 2013
temmytanny: MY ADVICE,
I dont know who is going to host you here,your brother,uncle,aunty or whatever but please dont relax and expect luxury here.They worked to make their cash and you must also be prepared to do so once you enter US. If you have cash in naija,bring all along with you to start your new life here,am not saying you should sell your assets oooo but if need be do so,you will make your money back once you start work here.
Once you arrive,start looking at how you will get a job so that you can be independent.Am not sayin you should neglect schooling runs but let job be priority.Once you settle down you can now plan ahead.
See you at the top

When I was analyzing issue on my earlier post on this thread some thought I talked too tall, I said some are doing their O.level in dv lottery, some undergraduate while I am doing my masters.Experience is a teacher;how will you describe color yellow to a man born blind. I love that Youruba poem back in the days when we were in Primary school. "MURA SI SE ORE MI....".
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:11am On Mar 30, 2013
See you at the top

....some envy you just because you are dv winner and you did not pass through all the immigration rigors they passed through.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:03am On Mar 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

....some envy you just because you are dv winner and you did not pass through all the immigration rigors they passed through.
you just spoke one of the main truth about hosts-guest hatred
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 5:02am On Mar 30, 2013
See you at the top
. Tank u bro temmy. I missed u oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by agbaawo: 6:23am On Mar 30, 2013
True talk
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2013
temmytanny: Hello guys,it been long since i posted here and i must say my job has been a major factor for my absence,i visit here everyday but find it difficult to read all posts cos of my schedule. i wish to congratulate those who have been issued visa and also congratulate those awaiting to be interviewed cos the visa is yours IJN.As you all are preparing to come join some of us in USA,i must advice you all to aim for the best but prepare for the worst. Stories am hearing about hosts are cause for concern for me and i must say here that no matter how bad things maybe,God will see you tru. US isnt as bad as most host painted it esp if you are hard working,you will make it.It saddens me when some host treat their guest badly.I have heard many stories here on how host treat their guest and if feel i should share some with you.

You have spoken well.

I called my host to help me pay d 165dollars for the green card. You know what he said. He said Jide I will I get my money back. I was so surprised. After I have done lot for his family and we have being closed family friend over 16yrs Well I told him I will transfer it to him. He is a Qualifed nurse and d 165dollar is a small money for him. Then I began to figure out our life is going to be wit him with d cope of period I am gonna stay wit him. My broda after he made that statement within me I know I am set for greater height.

My advice to everyone that has got his or her visa or about travelling soon is please and please, nothing like is my family or family friend. Pls prepare well financially and other wise. God will help us out IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2013

my brother I tire for this kin story o. Wonders shall never end. Like you said, I wil prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 7:49am On Mar 30, 2013
brightmon:
Oga Ifeanyi, gini kamme kita eh? my brother, I cant wait to have you in the States. I was really happy when I read about interview gist, just reach me when u enter and we will assist in anyway that we can.
Happy Easter.
My big brother, nothing spoil. We will all see and be laughing and saying: so na u b that Lagbaja weh dey post all those messages? One thing I know, many of us were having fun while posting on this forum, just writing to release Nija tension!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 30, 2013
jidex001:

You have spoken well.

I called my host to help me pay d 165dollars for the green card. You know what he said. He said Jide I will I get my money back. I was so surprised. After I have done lot for his family and we have being closed family friend over 16yrs Well I told him I will transfer it to him. He is a Qualifed nurse and d 165dollar is a small money for him. Then I began to figure out our life is going to be wit him with d cope of period I am gonna stay wit him. My broda after he made that statement within me I know I am set for greater height.

My advice to everyone that has got his or her visa or about travelling soon is please and please, nothing like is my family or family friend. Pls prepare well financially and other wise. God will help us out IJN
True talk..........make una hear wat d spirit r saying
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunday45: 8:19am On Mar 30, 2013
pstadabi: ... Any better job in indianapolis cos I don't mind going dea too. Ar u going to lagos on tuesday to pick up ur visa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=I Hate 9ja]
True talk..........make una hear wat d spirit r saying......for my people travelling soon....abeg try to be independent......if ur host is a 9ce person 2u...then its a plus......carry ur hustle and rugged spirit of 9ja along.....no dulling.....
My uncle self....am not counting on him for any support......coz presently he isnt supporting.......and he is a us. fed. Govt. Contractor......#b4 nko#...Eno Easy Noni....is alwayz is response.. ...

Uncle temmy don yarn d truth o.....make we wise up abeg......we go make am
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 30, 2013
@ Oga brightmon and Oga temmy.....i love ur hustling spirit........as i still dey 9ja self.....i am learning a lot from the xpriences of my Oga @ d top
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 30, 2013

Some guests are terrible too.People should go to the USA with some money so that they can rent a room in a hotel before they finally get an apartment.That way u only use ur supposed host's apartment address to pick up ur stuff from state dept. We shld learn to throw away the mentality of a 30 yr still living with his parents. Try to unteach urself of some Nigerian mentalities or way of doing things that illiteracy and poverty brought in.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2013
See you at the top
thank you brother for the rich advice. I pray that the good Lord will bless you richly.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 9:32am On Mar 30, 2013
See you at the top
Temmy, you have adviced like father; so rich and illuminating! Thank you very very very much o!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2013
temmytanny: ....some envy you just because you are dv winner and you did not pass through all the immigration rigors they passed through

[quote author=adesojiaderemi@]
When I was analyzing issue on my earlier post on this thread some thought I talked too tall, I said some are doing their O.level in dv lottery, some undergraduate while I am doing my masters.Experience is a teacher;how will you describe color yellow to a man born blind. I love that Youruba poem back in the days when we were in Primary school. "MURA SI SE ORE MI....".
you know some things are better understood only when experienced. Thanks to you both.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2013
gudday house,pls,i want to travel first and my family wil join me in the next 2 month,my questoin is 'can i pay $165 for me only for now and pay for my family wen i get to usa'if yes,pls house how can i pay it from here cos my host cant pay 4 me.GLORY!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 30, 2013
junkerhill: book your flight with either Emirate or Royal Air Moroc to New York at MMA and also book your connecting flight from New York to Chicago with Delta Airlines also at that same MMA. Or you can book ur flight at JFK with any airline when you land at New York.

better still,yo can get to Chicago via Qatar airline with a stop over at Dubai. that's my route
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
adeniyisavage:

better still,yo can get to Chicago via Qatar airline with a stop over at Dubai. that's my route
For how much?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 3:19pm On Mar 30, 2013

@temmy, systematicaly you hit the nail on the head. When foundation is bad how can someone get good house.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
Yusmash00: For how much?

abt 150k(one way)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
If u are heading to califonia and you want a room apartment that has toilet, kicthen. How much do u suggest one hold from nigeria for 6 month payment?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
My big brother, nothing spoil. We will all see and be laughing and saying: so na u b that Lagbaja weh dey post all those messages? One thing I know, many of us were having fun while posting on this forum, just writing to release Nija tension!
That may be true but We should be careful with our words. Once they're said, they can only be "forgiven"(optional), not forgotten.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
folaonhigh: If u are heading to califonia and you want a room apartment that has toilet, kicthen. How much do u suggest one hold from nigeria for 6 month payment?
which county in California? its a BIG state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.