Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923340 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
joeonye: Hello house,just got my visa.its a miracle.after al security check,was called to submit our doc,d naija guy collectin d doc told my wife "u hv a1 in maths n she said yes,e den asked a question in maths which she didn't knw,dat rili dis stabilized us.......but we got bera b4 d interview strted
CO-askin my wife,what is ur highest level of education
Wife-uni degree
CO- wat course?
Wife- law
CO-wat skool?
Wife- UI
CO- wen did u graduate?
Wife- last year
CO- after checkin ur doc, am satisfied..........was beside my wife all tru.Tnk aos ur d best in d world n most espcially Almighty God.

Congratulation
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
auschris:
Its per head i.e $165. I paid for only one person

That was too much from GTB. Remember 165USD is half of 330USD and people pay N54,500 at the Embassy for one person. GTB is robbing folks!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
ferdimako:

That was too much from GTB. Remember 165USD is half of 330USD and people pay N54,500 at the Embassy for one person. GTB is robbing folks!

Highest plus bank charges should not go above 30,000 per head-common this is outrageous!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
ferdimako:

sorry, i quoted that figure in error. i've modified my post.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
auschris:
I guess you can use ur naija address but I used c/o the host address in the US. I was debittd #26,625 by GTB for the payment

Now it is correct because it should be in the region of N25K to the N27K. Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
sozen2010:

Highest plus bank charges should not go above 30,000 per head-common this is outrageous!

Yeah, he's corrected the figures. Not to up 27K.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
Under the page where I want to pay for the Green Card for $165, I am being ask to provide a "routing number" and "billing address". Can somebody please explain this to me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
cenobs007: Under the page where I want to pay for the Green Card for $165, I am being ask to provide a "routing number" and "billing address". Can somebody please explain this to me.
Routing number is required if you are paying thru a bank account. if you want to pay using your mastercard, choose the 'plastic card' option
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
auschris:
Routing number is required if you are paying thru a bank account. if you want to pay using your mastercard, choose the 'plastic card' option
Thanks.
Can i use a Visa card i.e my ATM card?
Pls explain the "billing address".
How did u do your own?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
joeonye: Hello house,just got my visa.its a miracle.after al security check,was called to submit our doc,d naija guy collectin d doc told my wife "u hv a1 in maths n she said yes,e den asked a question in maths which she didn't knw,dat rili dis stabilized us.......but we got bera b4 d interview strted
Wife-uni degree
CO- wat course?
Wife- law
CO-wat skool?
Wife- UI
CO- wen did u graduate?
Wife- last year
CO- after checkin ur doc, am satisfied..........was beside my wife all tru.Tnk aos ur d best in d world n most espcially Almighty God.

Congratulations to you and your wife. Welcome to America!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by omonanoint: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
Jst came from my successful interview to pick up my visa on monday. Full story will come live nd direct in a few min. On my way home nd ve a low ba3 for now nd I tank all my friends nd well wishers here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
honeydee:

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. You shud get it from the
Police headquaters accra.its at ring road east, cantonments. Near ako adjei interchange. At that time it was 20cedis. All the best

Thank you very much, you are such a darling! One last question please, do you know if the police report expires? I hope to be current in the next bulletin and I was thinking I should do it as soon as I get current then come back and focus on the Nigerian aspect of the preparation, you know?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
My e-fam i know its been a while i checked into dis place, abeg no be my fault nah water wan pass garri. Devil be wan show himfelf but God pass am.

Remember i had my interview on the 10th of April, i got a call a day later tellin me 2 com and sign a form ds230 which i 4got to sign durin my interview. I signed the form on 17th April den i was instructed 2 collect my visa a week later at the colection centre, got there a week later and i was told dat my visa is nt yet ready, ghen ghen, nah dere d pressure beging start, with different dirty thoughts on my mind.. But i thank God i got my Visa 2day.. Still on my way home from d collection centre but gotta let my e-fam know that oti set ... Thank u call for everything

Wishing those going for interview a successful interview
Those waiting for 2NL and those waiting to be selected nxt tomorrow GoodLuck......

My fone is Ringing, incoming call... YANKEE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wife-uni degree
CO- wat course?
Wife- law
CO-wat skool?
Wife- UI
CO- wen did u graduate?
Wife- last year

Congrats. GOD is faithful!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
omonanoint: Jst came from my successful interview to pick up my visa on monday. Full story will come live nd direct in a few min. On my way home nd ve a low ba3 for now nd I tank all my friends nd well wishers here.
Congratulations! Emi a se ope! Go Go live your US of A!!! Dream. Lol!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
omonanoint: Jst came from my successful interview to pick up my visa on monday. Full story will come live nd direct in a few min. On my way home nd ve a low ba3 for now nd I tank all my friends nd well wishers here.

Congrats! GOD is doing big things!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wife-uni degree
CO- wat course?
Wife- law
CO-wat skool?
Wife- UI
CO- wen did u graduate?
Wife- last year
Joeonye, this is your own Journi2America..Go live your America dreams! Congratulations! Umadu abu Chukwu!.......Eseoo Jesu!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
cenobs007:
Thanks.
Can i use a Visa card i.e my ATM card?
Pls explain the "billing address".
How did u do your own?
from what i saw on their site, you can pay with Visa, mastercard, Amex, or Discover. You can try it.
I paid with GTB ATM(mastercard).
As for the billing address, I used the account holder's name c/o the US host's address. my thinking is that they will send the reciept of payment to that address and that's the reason i used it. Mind you, the account holder is in Nigeria.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2013

Thank God. Congrats and welcome to America!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
femsoj: I signed my 8years contract with the US army yesterday(4 yeas as an active member and the remaining 4 years as a reserve member) . To those having it in mind of joining the US army, there are so many advantages in it. Most people's fear is that they might be deploy to the battle field,but one thing about the US army is that you already know the job you will be trained for before signing your contract. Those people given infantry (combat job) are the only one that will be trained in fighting at the war front. You have the right to pick the job you want to do in the army, so far you meet the cut off mark for that job in their entrant exam (ASVAB test) . BENEFITS : You will become a US citizen within 3 - 6 month of joining the army (I.e, within the period you are in the basic and advance training) . Up to 53,200dollars has tuition fee, if you wish to go back to school. There is something they also called GI bill. This is the money they will be giving to you after leaving the military to further your education has well and the benefit can also be transfer to your spouse or children(for you to qualify for this benefit, they will be deducting 100dollars on your salary every month while you are still in active duty) . Other benefits: there is no need of thinking about paying for house rent, they are the one responsible for your accommodation and feeding. I'll be going for my basic training for 9weeks in may at South Carolina and for my advance training for another 7weeks at Virgina. For more information on how to join the US army and the benefits in it, you can visit :www.goarmy.com

I wish you luck brother. I salute your courage.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
genlion: . Just dey pray for me so dat i fit come meet u for state. I hope to be current by next month. God bless u oo

Your case is settled. It's just a matter of time.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
jamicanlady:

1. On d issue of passport, pls I doubt if a visa will be stamped on dat soon to expire passport cos like u noted the major condition is dat "Passport(s) should be valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. So it means it must be valid for up to six months beyond 1st wk of Nov, which is ur intended date of entry into d US. You may ve d present passport cancelled by Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS). It will be stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and a new one will be issued.

2. No need to inform the embassy, but if at the interview the CO raises the issue, pls be honest n tell him/her of d new address. However,you must inform the immigration officials at your POE about the new address so as to avoid ur Green Card (GC) being sent to d old address.

3. DV visa applicants from Nigeria do not need AOS, so it depends on ur country.

NOTE: Pls bear in mind dat ur Medical Report is valid for six months from d date of issuance just like d visa. It is mandatory u ve a valid medical report with u at ur POE or else u will be asked to do another one over there in d US, which is very expensive.

Hope this helps, goodluck!

That's a brilliant answer. I love that. However, if a new passport can be procured soonest before interview, that would be great. With the likes of you on this forum, the people don't have a problem.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Bronxess: Hello House, Please we need you advice. I was selected for DV 2013 (CN:65***) but I have a close friend with CN: 43***. He lost his dv confirmation number which he used when the dv lottery 2013 results were launched. His appointment date is around the corner and yet there is no possibility for him to get access to his 2NL. Please we count on your advice.

If he's current already and believes he May have been scheduled, Let him wait atleast a month after the anticipated interview date, then write the embassy to have his interview rescheduled on the grounds of ill-health. When they reply to his mail, he'll know his new date. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ joeonye : Congrat !!! am happy for u...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wife-uni degree
CO- wat course?
Wife- law
CO-wat skool?
Wife- UI
CO- wen did u graduate?
Wife- last year

Congratulations Joeonye.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
g-busta:
My e-fam i know its been a while i checked into dis place, abeg no be my fault nah water wan pass garri. Devil be wan show himfelf but God pass am.

Remember i had my interview on the 10th of April, i got a call a day later tellin me 2 com and sign a form ds230 which i 4got to sign durin my interview. I signed the form on 17th April den i was instructed 2 collect my visa a week later at the colection centre, got there a week later and i was told dat my visa is nt yet ready, ghen ghen, nah dere d pressure beging start, with different dirty thoughts on my mind.. But i thank God i got my Visa 2day.. Still on my way home from d collection centre but gotta let my e-fam know that oti set ... Thank u call for everything

Wishing those going for interview a successful interview
Those waiting for 2NL and those waiting to be selected nxt tomorrow GoodLuck......

My fone is Ringing, incoming call... YANKEE

I understand exactly how you felt when you were told your visa wasn't ready at the collection centre. I was told that twice on two different days. I eventually got it on the 3rd visit.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2013

Congrats!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wife-uni degree
CO- wat course?
Wife- law
CO-wat skool?
Wife- UI
CO- wen did u graduate?
Wife- last year

Congratulations to your family. More successful stories for all members of this Forum
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2013

Congratulations omoanoint
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Surprised!!! Official Amount ƒσя Police Report is #40naira only. Naija Police self
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Gentiger:

That's a brilliant answer. I love that. However, if a new passport can be procured soonest before interview, that would be great. With the likes of you on this forum, the people don't have a problem.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
Gentiger:

Thanks dear. Actually d whole idea was for him to get a new passport prior to his interview. Hope he gets this problem sorted out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.