Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,044 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922112 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
chio: @ TEMMY DONT BE IN A HURRY TO CRUCIFY ME ABEG MR KNOWIT ALL

I WISH U WOULD HAVE BEEN A BIT PATIENT TO FIND OUT WHAT HE ASKED BEFORE
CRUCIFYING ME.
(USEF83 ASKED IF SOMEONE WITH THE THE OLD BIRTHCERT AND NOT D NPC BIRTH CERT CAN GO FOR THE INTERVIEW WITH ONLY THE SHORT BIRTHCERT)
AND I REPLIED THAT HE SHOULD GO GET THE NPC
PLEASE COULD U TELL ME WHERE I HAVE MISINFORMED PEOPLE HERE MR KNOWIT ALL
I sabi English now and am not trying to crusify you, you said
chio: Its has been said several times go get your NPC thats what they require @the embassy
Its not the only kind of birth certificate required at the embassy,so please stop misinforming people here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=Temas]hello house, happy for those with testimony. God almighty will make it permanent. please if one isn't in Nigeria and eventually wins the DV lottery, can he or she apply to the US embassy of the country in which one currently resides?[/quote

yes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Temas: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=adeniyisavage][/quote]
thank you sir,want are those things i might likely need? i mean i terms of document?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
I went for my Interview on the 24th of April
I went with my Old BirthCert and NPC which i obtained recently
during the presentation of Document,i presented the two but
my BirthCert was given back to me and the Took my NPC with other documents/credential.
So i just wonder how i am misinforming people going with their Old birth cert to go get an NPC cert.

One other fellow that was testifying about his success also said the only collected his NPC and his birtcert was given back to him

@Temmy
there are many decent ways to correct one if he is wrong(am still waiting for u to point out where i was wrong and also misinforming people)
Its is this ur Habit thats makes people not willing to even give their own candid contribution
I know you are Mr know it all
PLEASE U MAY LECTURE US ON THE OLD BIRTCERT ONE CAN GO WITH TO THE INTERVIEW APART FROM THE NPC
but one thing u have to remember is that there was a time u were also a novice on this lottery stuff
temmytanny: I sabi English now and am not trying to crusify you, you said
Its not the only kind of birth certificate required at the embassy,so please stop misinforming people here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ladyboss(f): 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ok guys: Here it is.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
ladyboss: Ok guys: Here it is.
Spent less than 2minutes with the CO after staying for almost 5hrs to be interviewed.
After the fingerprints and swearing done. The guy was just grinning from molar to premolar (lol)
CO: What is ur highest qualification?
ME: Masters in Mgt
CO: When did u complete this degree?
ME: Dec 2012
CO: Have you done your NYSC?
ME: yes
CO: Where and what did you do then?
ME: Benue/Teaching
He now asked if my husband wont be traveling with me? and i said no he isnt (i went alone for the interview, hubby not interested in green card..imogine). he just said ok, congratulations and....pls pick ur...........................
Glory be to God, i cant stop praising him...even my birth cert that isnt from NPC wasnt queried. i got my birth cert (long form) from my local govt. area. i appreciate all ur support...(JIDEX001......u too much, tx broda)

Congratulations! Wow. Your hubby is not interested in going to America with you? You should have married me....LOL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Congratulations
Spent less than 2minutes with the CO after staying for almost 5hrs to be interviewed.
After the fingerprints and swearing done. The guy was just grinning from molar to premolar (lol)
He now asked if my husband wont be traveling with me? and i said no he isnt (i went alone for the interview, hubby not interested in green card..imogine). he just said ok, congratulations and....pls pick ur...........................
Glory be to God, i cant stop praising him...even my birth cert that isnt from NPC wasnt queried. i got my birth cert (long form) from my local govt. area. i appreciate all ur support...(JIDEX001......u too much, tx broda)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Temas:
thank you sir,want are those things i might likely need? i mean i terms of document?

the usual stuff
birth cert,waec(5 credits),medicals,police report(any country you spent more than 6 months in)

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dortex4real(m): 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
bolafad: *A day t d dv2014 results. I wish my self and fellow e-family success tomorrow. Amen. Say amen t dis t claim t.
Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2013

whaoooo God is Great
congratulations my dear, i am so happy for u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
usef83: hi,nairaland.i hope someone wit d old birth cert not d d npc birth can he or she free to go to the nterview with only d short birth certificate..pls i nid ur reply.thanx.
please refer to this Link from Usembassy in Nigeria as regarding to documents and esp Birth Certificate (NOTE: SHORT FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATES WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED)
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/iv_documents.html#birthCertificates.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2013

Congrats! Was this in Nigeria? They normally demand for the spouse whether he wants it or not.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yemmyc2012(f): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=ladyboss]Ok guys: Here it is.
Glory be to God, i cant stop praising him...even my birth cert that isnt from NPC wasnt queried. i got my birth cert (long form) from my local govt. area. i appreciate all ur support...

@ladyboss....I'm so happy 4 u.Go live ur America dream.pls concerning ur hubby's issue,did u jst tell him ur husband is nt goin wit u bluntly n he accepted or he probed further?.I find mysef in ur shoe,ur reply ll b appreciated.congrats 1ce again dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=Yemmyc2012][/quote]@ladyboss congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
chio: @ TEMMY DONT BE IN A HURRY TO CRUCIFY ME ABEG MR KNOWIT ALL

I WISH U WOULD HAVE BEEN A BIT PATIENT TO FIND OUT WHAT HE ASKED BEFORE
CRUCIFYING ME.
(USEF83 ASKED IF SOMEONE WITH THE THE OLD BIRTHCERT AND NOT D NPC BIRTH CERT CAN GO FOR THE INTERVIEW WITH ONLY THE SHORT BIRTHCERT)
AND I REPLIED THAT HE SHOULD GO GET THE NPC
PLEASE COULD U TELL ME WHERE I HAVE MISINFORMED PEOPLE HERE MR KNOWIT ALL
Oh yeah, embassy prefers NPC version when you have both. If you have your only birth cert.they will surely take it,no option.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
adeniyisavage:

hmm,how about the under-bridge facing bonny camp? is that a public carpark?
I don't know about that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ladyboss(f): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
here in Naija
ferdimako:

Congrats! Was this in Nigeria? They normally demand for the spouse whether he wants it or not.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
ladyboss: here in Naija
thank yu all..pls lets not fight on dis forum i so much lov dis forum..peace.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
usef83: thank yu all..pls lets not fight on dis forum i so much lov dis forum..peace.
hey hope the link was helpful and hope ur clear
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
ferdimako:

my question exactly
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
Well i appreciate Ferdimako
the matured way u put.
i wonder where i went wrong telling one to go get an NPC
i know some people are Mr know its all

ferdimako:
Oh yeah, embassy prefers NPC version when you have both. If you have your only birth cert.they will surely take it,no option.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yemmyc2012(f): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ladyboss..pls I await ur reply.tanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
chio: Well i appreciate Ferdimako
the matured way u put.
i wonder where i went wrong telling one to go get an NPC
i know some people are Mr know its all

It's ok,bro. Don't call him mr know-it-all any more. He wasn't far from us, it's just that Temmy made you look like a mischief without any rewards. He would have said exactly what I said.Some pick their words their ways. But then let's move on.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
Yemmyc2012: @ladyboss..pls I await ur reply.tanx

I guess she is still in the euphoria of not only getting her pass but without her hubby's disinterestedness wrecking havoc. She will come back for you or you rewind what she said she told the CO.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 3:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
its Ok thanks i appreciate
life is too short to start picking quarrels
Let me rest my case
and move forward
ferdimako:

It's ok,bro. Don't call him mr know-it-all any more. He wasn't far from us, it's just that Temmy made you look like a mischief without any rewards. He would have said exactly what I said.Some pick their words their ways. But then let's move on.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dammymye: 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
sozen2010:

@ Dammy, how did you book your flight, i'm going that way too with family of. thanks!
I booked at my flight at Emirates office in Lagos. The flight i booked is not direct we had a stop over at dubai before taken off to Dallas Fort Worth(DFW) in Dallas, Tx.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 5:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ seye4God: God bless you!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
honeydee:

I'm not sure about the expiry but I did mine about 3wks to my interview. I'm guessing d police report should hav a validity of about 3mnths tho but I'd rather u do it at most a mnth to ur interview to be on the safer side.

Thank you very much ma'am
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2013

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yemmyc2012(f): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ferdimako....ok
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
Congratulation
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Someday soon, the house will be united again... my hope though...

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.