Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923371 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:14pm On May 02, 2013
pjogutum1: @Genlion: have been so busy, don’t panic I’m still here watching the drama unfold, the number has gone up to 1,855 for Nigeria more and more people are issued visa and this time there is enough visa because of the 2015 stuff. Congratulations to all those who had their visa last week and those that will receive theirs this week.
am happy hearing from you. can you give me ur email address. i need to talk to you. wat the 2015 stff u are referring to? are u still in 9jar
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:21pm On May 02, 2013
pjogutum1: @Edimop: Not that, visa is meant for those who prepare well, though with less denials, they only want to issue as much as possible, but those that won the 2014 will have it more difficult than the 2013 since the number will be entering what my friend called the tape line.
wat does tape line refers to
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 10:25pm On May 02, 2013
Hey my gud people,i love u all.GLORY!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:30pm On May 02, 2013
naah29: Hi to everyone on this forum . I won the DV lottery but have an issue . I left the University with my calculated result - i knew I have modulated all my courses and thereby knows I have a degree. later played the lottery with status as a holder of degree then submitted my forms to kcc. I will soon go to the embassy like in three months time , i have gone to my school top collect my certificate and they telling me that there is a course i did not validated so i can be issued a degree. when i noticed this i emailed kcc and they reply with the below information

Thank you for your inquiry.
KCC does not have the ability to retrieve or make changes to the data that was provided on the original entry to the lottery.
Please complete the forms DS 230 Part I, DS 230 Part II, and DSP 122 with the correct information. Once received at KCC, the information will be included in your case file for review.

Im still to resend the corrected form , do i stand a chance at the interview ??
pls i will appreciate excellent contributions
the question i want nto ask the house is that does KCC has acesss to the initial entry we filled online?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:35pm On May 02, 2013
pjogutum1: @naah29: I wonder if you have any chance, you have already made the mistake of informing KCC. The rule is simple, you may be denied visa on the grounds of deceit, that is claiming the qualification that you don’t have.
The only option I see is going to the interview with your calculated result but there is still a problem with that, what if the embassy decides to verify your result? Well let other house members contribute to this issue.
are u saying if he had not informed KCC his mistakes may be overlook or wat? but dont they have access to the initial entry he filled online
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 02, 2013
pjogutum1: @naah29: I wonder if you have any chance, you have already made the mistake of informing KCC. The rule is simple, you may be denied visa on the grounds of deceit, that is claiming the qualification that you don’t have.
The only option I see is going to the interview with your calculated result but there is still a problem with that, what if the embassy decides to verify your result? Well let other house members contribute to this issue.

sir pls i sent u a mail.....pls giv it a consideration
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 12:09am On May 03, 2013
genlion: the question i want nto ask the house is that does KCC has acesss to the initial entry we filled online?
Yes they do, every details provided during initial registration is capture and saved in a data base. This will enable the CO cross examines info on the DSP return to KCC.
Someone on this trend had his interview reschedule, since the CO was unable to access his file on the system.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yominent: 12:21am On May 03, 2013
Pls can somebody answer my question in this house....#e joor# can someone change is marital status from divorcee to single
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:26am On May 03, 2013
naah29: Hi to everyone on this forum . I won the DV lottery but have an issue . I left the University with my calculated result - i knew I have modulated all my courses and thereby knows I have a degree. later played the lottery with status as a holder of degree then submitted my forms to kcc. I will soon go to the embassy like in three months time , i have gone to my school top collect my certificate and they telling me that there is a course i did not validated so i can be issued a degree. when i noticed this i emailed kcc and they reply with the below information

Thank you for your inquiry.
KCC does not have the ability to retrieve or make changes to the data that was provided on the original entry to the lottery.
Please complete the forms DS 230 Part I, DS 230 Part II, and DSP 122 with the correct information. Once received at KCC, the information will be included in your case file for review.

Im still to resend the corrected form , do i stand a chance at the interview ??
pls i will appreciate excellent contributions

Do not panic. It May appear as fraudulent misrepresentation of facts, but be sure you appear at the embassy with proof of your undergraduate status. If the discrepancy comes up for determination during your interview, simply state it was an error in data imputation. You got No problems. Your visa is guaranteed, okay?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:32am On May 03, 2013
kdgom66:

Yes, if the new immigration bill is passed by Congress into law. But I doubt that will happen before October this year. Legislative processes in America can take forever at times because there are so many special interests lobbying for this or that loopholes or stricter measures.

My dear, as sad as this sounds, the US government appears set to scrap the lottery, firstly due to influx of terrorists through the program, and secondly, because they want to replace it with a new system of selection, to boost the American economy. Blame it on the recent Boston bombers who gained permanent residency and citizenship through asylum.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:35am On May 03, 2013
jonnywalker: hi everyone,thank God i've got my package back after paying $4000.Thanks everyone.now looking forward for ticket n pocket money.my advice to the 2014 colleagues who played 2ru agents is to watch their steps when dealin with them.i"ve got a funny question here n really need answer.pls.can i call the embassy to extend my visa expiry date?i was given only 4months n cos of these greedy bastards,i"m found wanting.it sound silly but im desprate now.my time is almost up.conrats to everyone.

You better look for money and jet out within 4 months before that visa expires. Anyone telling you you can extend your visa May be doing you dis-service.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:38am On May 03, 2013
yominent: Hello house, my friend won the 2014 dvlottery that just came out but he applied as a divorcee. Can he change his marital status back to single but he has no document to proof that.

He can prove married if he remarries before submitting his forms to KCC. But Let him be informed that he must show proof of the termination of the previous marriage and the existence of the new marriage. He cannot claim single because he's been once married.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:39am On May 03, 2013
Spoondar: $4000 to Greedy people,,,, unfortunately they cant extend your VISA this is what happens in my country i dont know about yours. Am so sorry for you. Where will these greedy sucking bloody men get money from when the DV closes up?

You are correct. DV visas cannot be extended beyond the 6 months given.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:09am On May 03, 2013
Can a DVL,selectees / beneficiaries speaks oda languages @ d intavew b4 d CO in Naija apart 4rm english language? Paticularly those dat left sch long time ago,av d primary requirement bt no longer in d educational system bt also gud @ wat they are doing?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunujy: 6:53am On May 03, 2013
My great people in da house.. i have not been able to check my status o... its giving me an error of cofirmation number/date and all that.. i had tried the forget confirmation and its still the error..want to know if its the site or me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 7:20am On May 03, 2013
jonnywalker: hi everyone,thank God i've got my package back after paying $4000.Thanks everyone.now looking forward for ticket n pocket money.my advice to the 2014 colleagues who played 2ru agents is to watch their steps when dealin with them.i"ve got a funny question here n really need answer.pls.can i call the embassy to extend my visa expiry date?i was given only 4months n cos of these greedy bastards,i"m found wanting.it sound silly but im desprate now.my time is almost up.conrats to everyone.

The agents are so greedy. please give me your email address. I want to ask you something. Please it is urgent. thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 7:57am On May 03, 2013
yominent: Hello house, my friend won the 2014 dvlottery that just came out but he applied as a divorcee. Can he change his marital status back to single but he has no document to proof that.
No need of changing status, all he need do is to proceed to the necessary registry that is responsible for marriage matters, there he will duly advice on the required doc he must present during his interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:07am On May 03, 2013
Hello sir when I applied for my moms dv lottery I wrote she is single and got no kid she got me I wanna fill in the kcc form that she got a kid is it a smart move
YessWeeCan: No need of changing status, all he need do is to proceed to the necessary registry that is responsible for marriage matters, there he will duly advice on the required doc he must present during his interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:21am On May 03, 2013
ik.swiss:
Hello sir when I applied for my moms dv lottery I wrote she is single and got no kid she got me I wanna fill in the kcc form that she got a kid is it a smart move

Why are you acting like this? She has no kids means she has no kids. That application will be doomed if you include yourself. Why didn't u include yourself then?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:33am On May 03, 2013
Just don't know brother am thinking of calling them and telling them that my son disobeyed me that's the reason that made me to write no kids
ferdimako:

Why are you acting like this? She has no kids means she has no kids. That application will be doomed if you include yourself. Why didn't u include yourself then?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:46am On May 03, 2013
@yominent: Your friend needs to get the divorce certificate if actually he is divorced, he cannot change the status now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:51am On May 03, 2013
@genlion: are u saying if he had not informed KCC his mistakes may be overlook or wat? but dont they have access to the initial entry he filled online.

Not that, Elephant stomach’s are not opened outside be wise, truth is always preferred I suppose contact me personally if you are interested in that matter.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 026IX: 9:14am On May 03, 2013
Glory to GOD on high....had a successful interview 20mins ago..details coming shortly.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 9:17am On May 03, 2013
026IX: Glory to GOD on high....had a successful interview 20mins ago..details coming shortly.
Congratulations!!! GO GO Live your US of A dream! God bless America
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 9:49am On May 03, 2013
026IX: Glory to GOD on high....had a successful interview 20mins ago..details coming shortly.
Congratulations Bro...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 9:59am On May 03, 2013
ik.swiss:
Chances are very slim if you choose to add yourself as derivative, since it was earlier stated SINGLE AND NO KID. Let her proceed to the interview alone, she will file for you after 6 years.
Remember, these are rear opportunity. Help your mum secure the visa not otherwise.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 10:00am On May 03, 2013
Congrats
God is able
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lonpylonpa: 10:11am On May 03, 2013
Good morning house. first of all i will like to thank IGE - (Baba Ibeji)for his courage i am really impress by that. Not everybody will do what he is doing right now (helping all of us). Please sir i have got one worry. I am a graduate and i applied as single but when filling my forms, in the space reserved for 'list names of all children', i wrote the names of my brothers and sisters i hope that will not be any problem. I am really disturbed please help me..... I will also like to tell you that i am not a Nigerian i am a Cameroonian. Thanks in advance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 10:31am On May 03, 2013
lonpy lonpa: Good morning house. first of all i will like to thank IGE - (Baba Ibeji)for his courage i am really impress by that. Not everybody will do what he is doing right now (helping all of us). Please sir i have got one worry. I am a graduate and i applied as single but when filling my forms, in the space reserved for 'list names of all children', i wrote the names of my brothers and sisters i hope that will not be any problem. I am really disturbed please help me..... I will also like to tell you that i am not a Nigerian i am a Cameroonian. Thanks in advance.

lONPY i WILL BE VERY fRANK WITH YOU, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE VISA, THAT FRAUD. STAY SINGLE BUT IS LATE YOU HAVE SENT ds 230 ALREADY.SORRY, DONOT SPEND YOUR MONEY AT THE EMBASSY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:33am On May 03, 2013
Are you saying is possible to go for interview without paying for ur visa fee
Favourablegirl:

lONPY i WILL BE VERY fRANK WITH YOU, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE VISA, THAT FRAUD. STAY SINGLE BUT IS LATE YOU HAVE SENT ds 230 ALREADY.SORRY, DONOT SPEND YOUR MONEY AT THE EMBASSY

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.