Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923356 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2013
YessWeeCan: @ Cindybella and ik.swiss, it obvious both of you have a similar issue, this is a perfect example that can pass a case study. who knows, maybe we are being too engross by the laws lately or too careful of what can actually be of advantage.
Here is my opinion: both of you should choose separately from the options below.
1. Add a beneficiary to your current status.
2. Maintain your current status.
Consider the options carefully before making your choice, chose which is most preferred by you and stand to take responsibility of the outcome of your decision.
Your experience we serve as a better teacher. All the best as you make a life changing decision.
@taatus, pls kindly rephrase this, i want to be sure you can read between lines. i suppose you are not referring to me anyway.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 9:35am On May 08, 2013
Seguneji: Thanks rood boy, will I print out the forms and hand fill them or will I fill them on line.
Mr Segun, Congratulation on yours selection. Where do you stay? A member might live close to you and can help you on how to send your form to KCC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:03am On May 08, 2013
sozen2010:
How do I change address after collecting my visa because I don't want to go the initial state of choice again?

Wen u get 2 point of entry u can change ur address to anywhere u wnt ur GC to land ok.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:29am On May 08, 2013
[quote author=Seguneji]Thanks rood boy, will I print out the forms and hand fill them or will I fill them on line.

Hope ur question has been ans? Pls take note anytin u send to kcc pls av the copy ok.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:01am On May 08, 2013
Hello friends my mom went to the village to get her weac me it happens that the name of her weac is different from her passport name and her dv lottery name please what do you advice her to do please help needed asap
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 11:36am On May 08, 2013
ik.swiss:
Hello friends my mom went to the village to get her weac me it happens that the name of her weac is different from her passport name and her dv lottery name please what do you advice her to do please help needed asap
Corrections should be done Imediately.The name on the passport and dv do they correspond? If yes then change the waec to the dv and passport names.But if the three differs from each other na be say wahala dey
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:37am On May 08, 2013
Please how can she change the weac name to her present name now that's the issue here
ernestleon: Corrections should be done Imediately.The name on the passport and dv do they correspond? If yes then change the waec to the dv and passport names.But if the three differs from each other na be say wahala dey
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 11:52am On May 08, 2013
ik.swiss:

She can go 2 high court 4 affidavit 2 be n a saver side ok.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2013
ik.swiss:
Please how can she change the weac name to her present name now that's the issue here
She need an affidavit,a letter from the school saying they made the mistake since the mistake didn't come from waec.Pls be careful you need to take it to lagos and get someone influential in the office to do it for you otherwise the certificate will spend a century there.Last year I changed my date of birth it took me just three days instead of the normal 6 months
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 08, 2013
Please ernestleon can I have the persons contact cos we stay in the east and got no clue n no won in Lagos
ernestleon: She need an affidavit,a letter from the school saying they made the mistake since the mistake didn't come from waec.Pls be careful you need to take it to lagos and get someone influential in the office to do it for you otherwise the certificate will spend a century there.Last year I changed my date of birth it took me just three days instead of the normal 6 months
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nereiskc(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2013
nereiskc: Pls pals, my sister was selected for the interview, when she checked her entering on dv lottery website, pls what next ...... We r yet to see any email or calls. Pls wht next
. Good morning pals, pls am yet to get or see any help from anyone. Last week my little sister checked her dv lottery entering and she was selected for interview. Though we are yet to receive any email containing the interview details as in date and venue. A frnd said I shld mail Kcc for inquires and another said they will send d interview stuff via courier, so am confused and time is ticking. So I need help as in explanation on wht nxt or step to follow. Thanks pals
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 12:20pm On May 08, 2013
ik.swiss:
Please ernestleon can I have the persons contact cos we stay in the east and got no clue n no won in Lagos
I will ask my uncle for his contacts when I get it I will let you know...Pls note that he doesn't do it for a living he did it for me because of my uncles' wife.Don't forget to sort for other alternatives just in case he refuse.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 08, 2013
Thanks please do get back to me n please beg your uncle we are all brothers
ernestleon: I will ask my uncle for his contacts when I get it I will let you know...Pls note that he doesn't do it for a living he did it for me because of my uncles' wife.Don't forget to sort for other alternatives just in case he refuse.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2013
Nor worry...Hope the Names on the passport and dv are same?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 08, 2013
Ya but her weac name is diff
ernestleon: Nor worry...Hope the Names on the passport and dv are same?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2013
ik.swiss:
Ya but her weac name is diff
I just left a msg on his skype and facebook.I hope he reponds quickly.I would have called but he is in the U.s so I dont have his numbber.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by languy69: 12:40pm On May 08, 2013
nereiskc: . Good morning pals, pls am yet to get or see any help from anyone. Last week my little sister checked her dv lottery entering and she was selected for interview. Though we are yet to receive any email containing the interview details as in date and venue. A frnd said I shld mail Kcc for inquires and another said they will send d interview stuff via courier, so am confused and time is ticking. So I need help as in explanation on wht nxt or step to follow. Thanks pals

you seems confused. Send me your email address. I will help you free of charge. I do not visit this forum everyday but I will reply your email as soonest as i can
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 12:49pm On May 08, 2013
nereiskc: . Good morning pals, pls am yet to get or see any help from anyone. Last week my little sister checked her dv lottery entering and she was selected for interview. Though we are yet to receive any email containing the interview details as in date and venue. A frnd said I shld mail Kcc for inquires and another said they will send d interview stuff via courier, so am confused and time is ticking. So I need help as in explanation on wht nxt or step to follow. Thanks pals

Congrat to ur sis...a page ur sis got selected first print out the page nd keep it well...same page she got selected dere is a website introduce to her nd click n dat website nd fill all the necessary tin u saw dere nd send it with (2 by 2 passport) to kcc has earlier has posible ok...

Point of correction she got selected 4 further process not select 4 an intviiew ok?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 1:26pm On May 08, 2013
rood boy:

Wen u get 2 point of entry u can change ur address to anywhere u wnt ur GC to land ok.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:16pm On May 08, 2013
taatus: Someone should please tell this lady 'CINDYBELLA' on this forum that those guys trying to advice her to get married and add her child for the interview are nothing but real ignorant who wont keep their ignorant knowledge to themselves but rather use it to distract prospective peoples opportunities. Follow those trash they they are telling you and your dream is shuttered once and for all. I dont understand why people sarcastically give fictitious advice....

Cindybella.... u better go for interview as unmarried and with no kids as u filled the lottery form or have your visa bounced. when u spend 5years in the states u can go ahead and file for anyone u like.

A word to a wise is enough.!!!!!!!

Thanks Taatus. I deliberately avoided commenting on her matter because there are plethora of cases on this forum of those who were denied for failing to heed this warning. For the up tenth time, you can't add now anyone who existed during your eDV application but was exempted for whatsoever reason. If you do, you will be denied visa. No amount of prayers or faith can save you. That will be tantamount to stupidity. Cindybella, take note.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2013
congrat to ur sister,tell ur sister to read all the instruction given after his/her selection notice I belive she we be fine with that......faith works wonders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:21pm On May 08, 2013
sozen2010:
How do I change address after collecting my visa because I don't want to go the initial state of choice again?

Go to your new state of choice and change your green card delivery address at the port of entry. I did. You too can. But you must write out the new address clearly on paper and Let them know you wish to use the updated address. They will enter it for you in the system. That's it...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 2:25pm On May 08, 2013

Congratulation on your sisters selection. please kindly answer the following questions before i proceed.

1. for which year was your sister selected 2013 or 2014?
2. what is her Case Number for example 2013AF000174XX please don't put the complete case number.
3. has she filled forms DS230 and DS122
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2013
YessWeeCan: Chances are very slim if you choose to add yourself as derivative, since it was earlier stated SINGLE AND NO KID. Let her proceed to the interview alone, she will file for you after 6 years.
Remember, these are rear opportunity. Help your mum secure the visa not otherwise.

If she returns 5 years and file for a child she didn't declare in her eDV application, her citizenship will be revoked and all rights and privileges withdrawn. It is deemed that she obtained her citizenship fraudulently. There's a guy that approached the embassy 5 years after he became established to file for a child he left out of his original eDV application. When they began to question him at the embassy and he realized he was going to loose everything, he withdrew his application immediately. To his greatest shock, on his way into the United States, he was denied entry because the embassy has disclosed the fraud to all units, his ssn was already noted down along with his alien number on his green card. Thank God he still had the plastic card which he hid away while claiming he lost it on transit . He merely gave his ssn, ID card number and alien registration number to the immigration officers which is good enough to grant him re-entry. What he did was to fly back to Nigeria, and book another flight to Canada since Canada accepts green card holders without visa. There's No way Canadian immigration would know his green card was voided except of course they request an update from US immigration. The guy cleverly married a Canadian lady, became a citizen after 3 years and is now back to the States. Smart dude.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2013

Congratulations for her selection. Don't be in a hurry to avoid regrettable errors. Just relax and try to read through this tread from the very first page. KCC won't send any package to you. Never ever would they. Don't expect one. Rather you will need to download the applicable forms, fill them out correctly without mistakes and send via courier service to KCC. Take your time. Don't be in too much hurry to avoid mistakes. Always duplicate any document you are sending out. Keep the duplicate as your reference copy. Some say you can send your forms via email. Verify from KCC via email should you choose this method to be sure it's still applicable. If you stick to this forum, you won't be misled. Congratulations once again and goodluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2013
nero xp: @ Engyadewale,a big congratulation to u,welcome to America...
@ Gentiger,wat u jst posted is notin but de truth.Every one around me here in U.S keep tellin me dat stuff,both family nd frends...My pals wat Gentiger jst posted is a piece of advice dat wil save so many of our brodas here on dis forum.Pls let's heed to dis great advice nd achieve our primary aims here,before any oda tin...
@ Roodboy,I feel ya ma man,ao happy u're bak on track.let's keep de boat sailin...
Thank you so much nero xp
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 3:35pm On May 08, 2013
Gentiger:

If she returns 5 years and file for a child she didn't declare in her eDV application, her citizenship will be revoked and all rights and privileges withdrawn. It is deemed that she obtained her citizenship fraudulently. There's a guy that approached the embassy 5 years after he became established to file for a child he left out of his original eDV application. When they began to question him at the embassy and he realized he was going to loose everything, he withdrew his application immediately. To his greatest shock, on his way into the United States, he was denied entry because the embassy has disclosed the fraud to all units, his ssn was already noted down along with his alien number on his green card. Thank God he still had the plastic card which he hid away while claiming he lost it on transit . He merely gave his ssn, ID card number and alien registration number to the immigration officers which is good enough to grant him re-entry. What he did was to fly back to Nigeria, and book another flight to Canada since Canada accepts green card holders without visa. There's No way Canadian immigration would know his green card was voided except of course they request an update from US immigration. The guy cleverly married a Canadian lady, became a citizen after 3 years and is now back to the States. Smart dude.
NEVER SAY DIE grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2013
Gentiger:

Well said. But Gentiger, did you notice their curiosity, after several series of advice beckoning on them to stick to their current status? I pray they'll listen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 3:40pm On May 08, 2013
Did i break rule number 11. Don't create distracting posts e.g. posts in giant fonts or ALL CAPS or with silly gifs.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dchalice: 3:47pm On May 08, 2013
Please house,and in particular those with interview experience i need to know urgently if there is a problem with laminated documents cos some of my documents are laminated...my interview is in may.thanks.
Spoondar: Did i break rule number 11. Don't create distracting posts e.g. posts in giant fonts or ALL CAPS or with silly gifs.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:06pm On May 08, 2013
YessWeeCan: Well said. But Gentiger, did you notice their curiosity, after several series of advice beckoning on them to stick to their current status? I pray they'll listen.

Well, I hope he/she listen to these sound counsel. By the way, it doesn't cost much to say sorry in sympathy after visa is denied for failure to heed caution.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taatus: 4:07pm On May 08, 2013
Gentiger:

Thanks Taatus. I deliberately avoided commenting on her matter because there are plethora of cases on this forum of those who were denied for failing to heed this warning. For the up tenth time, you can't add now anyone who existed during your eDV application but was exempted for whatsoever reason. If you do, you will be denied visa. No amount of prayers or faith can save you. That will be tantamount to stupidity. Cindybella, take note.

yea ma bro... i nearly ignored them as well but it was a heart-feeling to see someone been mislead... but i would advice that next time do your best not to be silent on such issues cos u are one of the prominent members who have helped a lot of people in this forum including me. all the same i wish she listens to wisdom

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.