Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922881 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:01pm On May 09, 2013
@Trezeget:
Congratulations and welcome to Indianapolis.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 09, 2013
Trezeget: hello house dis is trezeget reporting live and direct frm indianapolies.my appeciation goes 2 God allmigthy and every members of d house for making dis alsome dream of mine coming 2 reality.i pray d uncomon favour datz God gave me will folow evry membrs goin 4 interviews and does waitin 2 be corent.The new wineres in d hoouse i say a big congratulations 2 u guyz.Any question feel free 2 ask.i kn every1 is wiling 2 help.stay cool and God bless evry one of us.INDIANAPOLIES IS A VRY BEAUTIFUL AND VERY COOL CITY.ONE LOVE BRUV

How ur 'wife'?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 4:12pm On May 09, 2013
Congrtats Trezeget
Leripa where have u been
quite some time now
nice to see u

Leripa: @Trezeget:
Congratulations and welcome to Indianapolis.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 5:04pm On May 09, 2013
bulletin, lo and behold we awaits ur arrival.loading......... roarrrrrr
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:20pm On May 09, 2013
genlion: bulletin, lo and behold we awaits ur arrival.loading......... roarrrrrr

I like that. Roar a little louder brother..... Roooooaaaaaarrrrrr! Lol!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:04pm On May 09, 2013
You can go back to school here in the States to increase your earnings and have an edge over your contemporaries. You need not spend a fortune to do that. You can take full advantage of Federal and Private loans and repay over time. The Good thing about taking and repaying loans as of when due is that it builds up your credit history and makes you credit worthy. So my advice to all new immigrants is to begin building your credit ratings. How do you do that? The moment you have a job, you can approach any of the stores in your locality offering credit cards to customers. For those in California, try out Marshall or Macy stores. There are many others. You can begin by taking $500 - $1000 credit card facility from these stores for your shopping. These stores mentioned and others are where I buy my clothes. Their services are exceptional.

Back to What we were saying, going back to school need not be tedious. I'll advice each and everyone already in the States to evaluate their certificates or academic credentials with the appropriate evaluation centers scattered. across the States. This is a very important step if you must go to school. Secondly choose a course of study most sought after. Do programs that will make you indispensable. Always verify average yearly income for any program you choose and job availability. When you are satisfied with your chosen program, then you can proceed to the next level.

You must choose schools with the necessary accreditation for the desired course of study. Ensure you review the schools in your locality for competitiveness and financial aid availability. This is very important . Private schools are expensive but better in terms of academic output. Again, they churn out graduates much faster than government schools. Classes are not congested and students are given personal attention, usually, you may be assigned to a professor to guide you through your chosen course of study. This is the advantage of private over public schools.

When you have chosen your school and your course of study, the next phase is how to pay for tuition and other related expenses. This is where federal grant and federal/private loans come in. I will break it down for you to understand. Let's proceed.

When you enroll for any house of study in a college or university setting, as a green card holder you are entitled to $5500 grant. It's called the Pell Grant and is non-refundable. It's awuf. With this grant, your school fee is reduced by $5,500. All schools will draw this grant to your attention. It is your entitlement. America sweet die!!!

Next, you need to create a pin for your Federal Government loans. Loans are not grants. Loans from the government are repayable over a period of 10 years with a fixed but low interest rate in comparison to Private loans. Avoid private loans as much as you can. To get your pin, log on to www.pin.ed.gov. Fill out the required forms and allow a maximum of 3 business days to have your pin approved. Your pin is your financial power as far as government loans are concerned. Do not share it and do not disclose to third parties.

Below are the various Federal government grants you can take advantage of. It covers all levels of studies, college students, undergraduates or graduate students.

1.Federal Stafford Loan
2. Federal graduate plus loan
3. Federal Parent plus loan
If you don't want these loans but want to be employed by your school and have your salary used to service your tuition, Then take advantage of the
4. Federal Work study.

To apply for Federal Stafford loan, you must first have your admission for your program of study, Then log on to www.fafsa.gov. You can also take a look at this site for additional information: www.studentloans.gov. I wish everyone a lovely study life in the US.

A word of advice:

If your highest level of studies is WAEC/NECO, please don't travel down to the States without atleast 5 WAEC/NECO scratch cards. You will need it here. Trust me when I tell you this. Again, if you are a graduate of any field of study, approach your graduate school and have your transcript processed. Keep a personal reference copy and have your school send a copy to any one of the certificate evaluation services here in the States. I wish I had someone to tell me all these before I left Nigeria. I plan travelling down though. Log on to www.Wes.org. This is one of the best certificate evaluation service providers you can find. There are many others. Google them up and ensure they are properly accredited to provide that service in the US.

God bless you all. Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles.

13 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missbelle: 7:00pm On May 09, 2013
@Gentiger nice 1 bro...really nice.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 7:14pm On May 09, 2013
Gentiger: You can go back to school here in the States to increase your earnings and have an edge over your contemporaries. You need not spend a fortune to do that. You can take full advantage of Federal and Private loans and repay over time. The Good thing about taking and repaying loans as of when due is that it builds up your credit history and makes you credit worthy. So my advice to all new immigrants is to begin building your credit ratings. How do you do that? The moment you have a job, you can approach any of the stores in your locality offering credit cards to customers. For those in California, try out Marshall or Macy stores. There are many others. You can begin by taking $500 - $1000 credit card facility from these stores for your shopping. These stores mentioned and others are where I buy my clothes. Their services are exceptional.

Back to What we were saying, going back to school need not be tedious. I'll advice each and everyone already in the States to evaluate their certificates or academic credentials with the appropriate evaluation centers scattered. across the States. This is a very important step if you must go to school. Secondly choose a course of study most sought after. Do programs that will make you indispensable. Always verify average yearly income for any program you choose and job availability. When you are satisfied with your chosen program, then you can proceed to the next level.

You must choose schools with the necessary accreditation for the desired course of study. Ensure you review the schools in your locality for competitiveness and financial aid availability. This is very important . Private schools are expensive but better in terms of academic output. Again, they churn out graduates much faster than government schools. Classes are not congested and students are given personal attention, usually, you may be assigned to a professor to guide you through your chosen course of study. This is the advantage of private over public schools.

When you have chosen your school and your course of study, the next phase is how to pay for tuition and other related expenses. This is where federal grant and federal/private loans come in. I will break it down for you to understand. Let's proceed.

When you enroll for any house of study in a college or university setting, as a green card holder you are entitled to $5500 grant. It's called the Pell Grant and is non-refundable. It's awuf. With this grant, your school fee is reduced by $5,500. All schools will draw this grant to your attention. It is your entitlement. America sweet die!!!

Next, you need to create a pin for your Federal Government loans. Loans are not grants. Loans from the government are repayable over a period of 10 years with a fixed but low interest rate in comparison to Private loans. Avoid private loans as much as you can. To get your pin, log on to www.pin.ed.gov. Fill out the required forms and allow a maximum of 3 business days to have your pin approved. Your pin is your financial power as far as government loans are concerned. Do not share it and do not disclose to third parties.

Below are the various Federal government grants you can take advantage of. It covers all levels of studies, college students, undergraduates or graduate students.

1.Federal Stafford Loan
If you don't want these loans but want to be employed by your school and have your salary used to service your tuition, Then take advantage of the
4. Federal Work study.

To apply for Federal Stafford loan, you must first have your admission for your program of study, Then log on to www.fafsa.gov. You can also take a look at this site for additional information: www.studentloans.gov. I wish everyone a lovely study life in the US.

A word of advice:

If your highest level of studies is WAEC/NECO, please don't travel down to the States without atleast 5 WAEC/NECO scratch cards. You will need it here. Trust me when I tell you this. Again, if you are a graduate of any field of study, approach your graduate school and have your transcript processed. Keep a personal reference copy and have your school send a copy to any one of the certificate evaluation services here in the States. I wish I had someone to tell me all these before I left Nigeria. I plan travelling down though. Log on to www.Wes.org. This is one of the best certificate evaluation service providers you can find. There are many others. Google them up and ensure they are properly accredited to provide that service in the US.

u are much bro. Information is gateway to liberation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Izyy: 7:14pm On May 09, 2013
Gentiger you are such a blessing to this forum.THUMBS UP!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 7:40pm On May 09, 2013
Gentiger
thanks for ur efforts
what a nice advice
more kwilikwili to ur garri
hopeing to join u soon in the USof A
welldone bros
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bibi007: 8:11pm On May 09, 2013
@gentiger, the information you posted is scintillating,am impressed.it answered my many questions.Many thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 8:19pm On May 09, 2013
ferdimako:

How ur 'wife'?

God bless you for that question. I love the subtle reference you made by the use of apostrophe.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 8:35pm On May 09, 2013
Thumbs up for Gentiger. But please, let me add. Avoid shopping on credit at all costs. Good credit history is desireable but most people are irresponsible with money. Before they know it, they are wallowing in credit card debts. As for loans for schooling, be prepared to pay the loan back for the better part of your life. So as Gentiger had said, don't go and study some fancy course nobody needs. Barack and Michelle Obama just finished paying back their student loans a few years ago.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 09, 2013
I heard GENTIGER n TYCOON graduated from my school (OOU).. I'm ur last boy, 200level studying history n diplomatic studies (HDS).. I'm really happy.. I applied for 2014 dv lottery but wasn't selected after d 2nd trial.. My S/O to other OSU alumni n students.. GREAT OSUites
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:01pm On May 09, 2013
Gentiger: You can go back to school here in the States to increase your earnings and have an edge over your contemporaries. You need not spend a fortune to do that. You can take full advantage of Federal and Private loans and repay over time. The Good thing about taking and repaying loans as of when due is that it builds up your credit history and makes you credit worthy. So my advice to all new immigrants is to begin building your credit ratings. How do you do that? The moment you have a job, you can approach any of the stores in your locality offering credit cards to customers. For those in California, try out Marshall or Macy stores. There are many others. You can begin by taking $500 - $1000 credit card facility from these stores for your shopping. These stores mentioned and others are where I buy my clothes. Their services are exceptional.

1.Federal Stafford Loan
4. Federal Work study.

A word of advice:

i trust u genny, this is one info av not seen on this forum. i love u die roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. genlion from lagos

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:05pm On May 09, 2013
Amefrica: I heard GENTIGER n TYCOON graduated from my school (OOU).. I'm ur last boy, 200level studying history n diplomatic studies (HDS).. I'm really happy.. I applied for 2014 dv lottery but wasn't selected after d 2nd trial.. My S/O to other OSU alumni n students.. GREAT OSUites
we plenty here. up osuite. bro i want ask u sometin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 09, 2013
genlion: we plenty here. up osuite. bro i want ask u sometin

I dey hear u ooo.. Feel free
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 09, 2013
Hello house, I'm so sorry for my long absence I got to the united states of america on the 28th of april..I left lagos on the 27th via qatar airways which had a 8hour stop over in doha before proceeding to washington dulles intl airport on the 28th of april by 4:14pm eastern time..I won't lie dis is really Gods own country, its really beautiful I'm staying with my host who stays in bowie in maryland...I went to the social security office to apply on monday the 29th and till now I havnt received anything in the mail including my green card,welcome letter etc I hope there's nothing wrong cos this is the 11th day since I've bin on us soil....thank you all so much God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:37pm On May 09, 2013
Amefrica: I heard GENTIGER n TYCOON graduated from my school (OOU).. I'm ur last boy, 200level studying history n diplomatic studies (HDS).. I'm really happy.. I applied for 2014 dv lottery but wasn't selected after d 2nd trial.. My S/O to other OSU alumni n students.. GREAT OSUites

A hundred gbosaaaaa for OOUITES!!! I am proud to be one. For several times, OOU Law won number 1 best in the federation. We harvest the best and brightest lawyers. Another gbosa for OOUITES!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 09, 2013
Gentiger:

A hundred gbosaaaaa for OOUITES!!! I am proud to be one. For several times, OOU Law won number 1 best in the federation. We harvest the best and brightest lawyers. Another gbosa for OOUITES!!!

Yes bro.. Ur damn right, OSU is privilege to have d best LAW all ova da federation.. I applied for law but they gave me HDS.. I find it very interesting tho.. Great OSUites
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 09, 2013
Please hommies must I do the police report in lagos
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 09, 2013
Jaspa 4000 I see ure tryin to mail me u can reach me @ allicyberwizard@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 11:43pm On May 09, 2013
tovalli:
Hello house, I'm so sorry for my long absence I got to the united states of america on the 28th of april..I left lagos on the 27th via qatar airways which had a 8hour stop over in doha before proceeding to washington dulles intl airport on the 28th of april by 4:14pm eastern time..I won't lie dis is really Gods own country, its really beautiful I'm staying with my host who stays in bowie in maryland...I went to the social security office to apply on monday the 29th and till now I havnt received anything in the mail including my green card,welcome letter etc I hope there's nothing wrong cos this is the 11th day since I've bin on us soil....thank you all so much God bless
relax brother your ssn and Gc will land within 21days...pls can i have ur email add or fb id....maryland is my destination,email- transitalert@yahoo.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 11:45pm On May 09, 2013
Trezeget: hello house dis is trezeget reporting live and direct frm indianapolies.my appeciation goes 2 God allmigthy and every members of d house for making dis alsome dream of mine coming 2 reality.i pray d uncomon favour datz God gave me will folow evry membrs goin 4 interviews and does waitin 2 be corent.The new wineres in d hoouse i say a big congratulations 2 u guyz.Any question feel free 2 ask.i kn every1 is wiling 2 help.stay cool and God bless evry one of us.INDIANAPOLIES IS A VRY BEAUTIFUL AND VERY COOL CITY.ONE LOVE BRUV

You are're welcm to the state buh pls hw much is the plane cost u frm 9ja to indianapolies?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:00am On May 10, 2013
ik.swiss:
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:00am On May 10, 2013
ik.swiss:
Yes as well as medicals
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:05am On May 10, 2013
tovalli:
congrats bro... Expct ur gc and ssn in few more days. Pls dont panic
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:17am On May 10, 2013
chio: Congrtats Trezeget
Leripa where have u been
quite some time now
nice to see u

Thanks bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 5:55am On May 10, 2013
Treezy Baba,So u jst enter States u no ping me say u don de travel,nawa oo.Am very happy 4 u trezeguet nd welcome to de United States... grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 6:02am On May 10, 2013
@ Tovalli,u're welcome to America.As for all ur documents frm USCIS,they will arrive frm 2 weeks after ur admission into U.S.Jst relax,u just arrived...No need to hurry cos there's enough nd adequate time for us,remember u're nw a permanent residence... grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 6:07am On May 10, 2013
@ Gentiger de SONIC,I personally appreciate all de infos nd efforts u've been depositin on dis wonderful forum,GOD ALMIGHTY wil surely pay u back.I luv u man,nd wil call u Asap... cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.