Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922879 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:11am On Jun 03, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Regulars on this forum, where are you guys?? This forum is getting boring!!! Yeah, I know most of us are thru with our visa processing but settling down properly in a 'foreign land' is equally important. Your inputs are still very much needed here both about your experiences over there and responding to questions begging for answers here. I'll attempt to mention a few names: Adesojiaderemi, Gentiger, Temmytanny, Godhelpmeooo, Junkerhill, femsoj, Spoondar, Leripa, Honeydee, Brightmoon, Imcool, Jamaicanlady etc. Where are u guys?? Abeg show face o! smiley

We are here my dear. Ur question will be answered soon hopefully
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missbelle: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2013
I shared it oh...​​​ℓÕ☺l quote author=jidex001]

How was it? I didn't read ur testimony[/quote]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2013
Congrats lordom
Congrats sakirasexy, pls rush down and post your successful interview xperience.
@pato, @jaspa and all having interviews 2mao, Fear Not! The visa is yours already. Congrats in advance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2013
I jst want to say a Big Thank You to roodboy who has really been of great assistance to me since i arrived lagos yestday to begin my medicals. I appreciate ur kindness towards me. GOD BLESS YOU.
I also want to thank Mercy for that thorough interview section he did with me and jaspa yestday.
I pray, the LORD who has brought us this far will help us till the end of it all on a successful note. AMEN.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 2:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
seal777:

[b]

Truly its challenging settling down here in America, just like relocating within Nigeria. You go through the orientation period and the weeks of stay at home without a job. Much more challenging for those of us in Houston area where you have to know how to drive and also need a car to do virtually everything. I lost three job offers in a row for the simple fact that i don't have a car and METRO Buses don't ply those routes, Very painful but you can not run faster than your shadows.

If you be hustler for naija and you intend coming around with $100 like me, prepare your mind very well, its going to be very tough but not Impossible. The result will justify the struggle.

If you have enough money, come with it so you can move faster within a very short time as you will have what you need at your disposal.

Don't come to America with the aim of getting a white collar job, its very tricky, prepare to come and hustle for months after which you start getting your bearing. ( Remember you are black, our certificates and experience hardly count and luck does not shine on everybody at the same time).

No matter what you do in Nigeria, Accepting the lottery offer is the best thing that can happen to you as the choice to travel in and out of America and the world traveling advantages it brings can never be bought with money.

If its possible, some people will buy it for 10 million Naira without looking back.

There are very salient challenges but its worth every inch of the struggle.[/b]

God bless you all.

thanks bro for the encouragement

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by francy4u2nv: 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
pator:

Hmmm my brother, what has a beginning must surely has an end even if it is a record-breaking thread with 751 pages. This thread is gradually nearing the end of its useful life. But overall it has been great. There is no question on Dv lottery that CANNOT find all various kind of answers here. So it should be kept as a monument.

I love this...the elephant gradually goes to memory and let it be told in history that there was a thread that was the GATEWAY to DVlottery success!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
lorddom: [b][img]MY İNTERVİEU UNİTED STATES EMBASSY İN YAOUNDE İN [i]CAMEROON[/i] MY DEAR FURUMİTE YESTERDAY İ COULD NOT COME TO TESTİFY CUS İ ÜAS İN ALCOHOL.(33 EXPORT) ÜAS SO SÜEET AND ÜONDERFUL.İT GOES THUS İ ARRİVED THE EMBASSY AT ABOUT SİX THİRTY AND AT SEVEN ÜE FORMED A LONG LİNE AN ÜENT THRU THE SECURİTY CHECK AFTER ÜİCH ÜE ÜERE ASKED TO SİT DOÜN AND ÜAİT FOR OUR NUMBER TO COME UP.BY THİS TİME İ HAD SUCEEDED TO EAT SOME OF MY TENSİON. İ ÜAS THEN CALLED TO THE FİRST COUNTER TO PAY MY EMBASSY FEE ÜİCH ÜAS 174.000FRS CFAŞ İ ÜENT BACKTO MY SİT AN JUST ABOUT 15MİNİUTES AFTER İ ÜAS CALLED TO THE SECOND COUNTER ÜHERE İ PRESENTED MY DUCUMENTS AND ÜAS CALLED TO THE LAST COUNTER FOR MY İNTERVİEÜ JUST ABOUT 10MİNUİTES ÜHERE İ MET THİS BUEATİFUL ÜOMAN ÜHO ÜAS THE C.O SO İT ALL STARTED.

C.O = GOOD MORNİNG SİR
ME = GOOD MORNİNG MADAM
C.O = RACE UP YOUR HAND AND SÜEAR THAT ANY THİNG YOU SAY HERE İS GOİNG TO BE THE TRUTH AND NOTHİNG BUT THE TRUTH
ME = İ DİD
C.O = MR -------- ÜHAT DO YOU DO OR A LİVİNG
ME = İ AM AN UNDERGRADUATE İN THE UNİVERSİTY OF BUEA İ READ HİSTORY AND MİNOR İN ACHAEOLOGY
C.O = GOOD ÜHO DO YOU HAVE İN THE US
ME = MY UNCLE
C.O = ÜHERE DOES HE LİVE
ME = TULSA
C.O = ÜHAT ÜİLL YOU LİKE TO DO
İN THE US
ME = HEALTH CARE MADAM
C.O = CONGRATULATİONS SİR AND ÜELCOME TO THE UNİTED STATES YOU COME BACK HERE AN PİCK YOUR VİSA ON THE 10TH OF JUNE SİR İT İS İMPERİTİVE THAT YOU COME İN PERSON. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin EVEN THOUGH AFTER CONGRATULATİONS İ NO BE Dİ HEİR THE OTHER ÜORDS THEM FİNE.THANK GOD OHH ALL İS ÜELL.İ AM NOÜ AND AMERİCAN BOYŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞŞ cool cool[/b]
Congrats Lorddom, Praise be to God.I was in Bda and was just think of how you are preparing, Be bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Congrats to u. We thank God that all forumites are coming back with testimonies. By the way, did u translate it from French to English (your testimony).
You donot need to translate, Cameroon certicate french or English work these the official Language of Cameroon
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dear furom met a big congrates i am from cameroon also my interview is next month i wish to ask if u went with an affidavit of support form filed with ur host informations, i pray for more success for those going for thier interview in the forum and those waiting for thier 2nl a big success,please can u also tell me how u arrange ur documents and the documents required .Did u certisfied ur original documents because some who won last year and in state tell me i have to do that when going.Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
missbelle: I shared it oh...​​​ℓÕ☺l quote author=jidex001]

How was it? I didn't read ur testimony

Nice one. I just read it via ur profile. Congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jackbawa2013: 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
hello forumites, i really thank God. i was selected as one of the lucky winners of dv 2014 lottery.
i have some questions as i am new to this forum. please, i am about submitting my forms: what is the best means
to submit my forms. 2nd question, when will i be called for interview with a case number of 1,401. how much will the interview cost me? thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dear furom met a big congrates i am from cameroon also my interview is next month i wish to ask if u went with an affidavit of support form filed with ur host informations, i pray for more success for those going for thier interview in the forum and those waiting for thier 2nl a big success,please can u also tell me how u arrange ur documents and the documents required .Did u certisfied ur original documents because some who won last year and in state tell me i have to do that when going.Thanks

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Congrats to u. We thank God that all forumites are coming back with testimonies. By the way, did u translate it from French to English (your testimony).
nope i am an anglophone
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2013
Favourablegirl:
Congrats Lorddom, Praise be to God.I was in Bda and was just think of how you are preparing, Be bless
in Bamenda? where dear
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 12:00am On Jun 04, 2013
[quote author=24en]Dear furom met a big congrates i am from cameroon also my interview is next month i wish to ask if u went with an affidavit of support form filed with ur host informations, i pray for more success for those going for thier interview in the forum and those waiting for thier 2nl a big success,please can u also tell me how u arrange ur documents and the documents required .Did u certisfied ur original documents because some who won last year and in state tell me i have to do that when goin no certificartion of any ducument just two photocopies each i gave and affidavt of sopport but the woman gave me back immidiately saying its not important.i tell u my brother dont panick it will b easier than u thnk i was number eleven and all persons b4 me all of them where dv winners and none was dinied a visa.seriously was suprised how easy it was.my interview lasted for about 30secs an totaly i made about 45mins in the embassy.it was so easy so dont panick cus all s well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 12:07am On Jun 04, 2013
jack_bawa2013: hello forumites, i really thank God. i was selected as one of the lucky winners of dv 2014 lottery.
i have some questions as i am new to this forum. please, i am about submitting my forms: what is the best means
to submit my forms. 2nd question, when will i be called for interview with a case number of 1,401. how much will the interview cost me? thanks
dear you have to wait til october then you start checkng on the visa bulletin.but according to your case nuber by november you will be current
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 7:48am On Jun 04, 2013
@jack_bawa2013: pls prepare for your interview come october. Another thing is that you should start gathering all d relevant civil document as stated. Ensure you fill your form correctly & send it on time. Make copies of the form for yourself before sending it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 8:07am On Jun 04, 2013
OMG.....like am d only persn waitn to be current in ds forum.....mehn,ts really threatening my patient,wish to be current come 10th........congrat to those who had successes during theirs interviews,and also success to those who's going for their interview,u visa is sure ijn.......and to me dats waitn for bulletin to show up,I shall be favoured too ijn........Goodmorning!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Schizogony(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2013
Congrats 2 all dat had succesful interviews. Best wishes 2 those waiting 4 their interviews & 2NL. My migration is getting closer.I've been huzling 2 raise fund since Feb dat my Visa wz approved. Flight booking on my mind. Chekd Wakanow.com, got Emirates 2 JFK @ 132K. But Insurance is 7k, making it almost 140k. Thnking of leaving out d insurance, is there any danger in dat? Pls I need 2 knw so dat I can book 2day. God bless you all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, magnify the Lord with me VISA APPROVED!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Schizogony(m): 10:01am On Jun 04, 2013
@Pator. Congrats bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2013
pator: Ladies and gentlemen, magnify the Lord with me VISA APPROVED!!!

Pator, Congratulations. More success story. Mine is next week.Please pray for me and my family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2013
pator: Ladies and gentlemen, magnify the Lord with me VISA APPROVED!!!

Congrats,,,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2013
cindybella: Roodboy and other frends please I have lots of issues and need feed back ASAP.
1.MY WEAC RESULT WHICH I TOOK WAS A MESS AND IT WAS ONLY THREE SUBJECTS WER RELEASED AS OF 1974 and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I ASKED THE AGENT THAT HELPED ME WITH THE DV LOTTERY HE SAID I SHOULD GET A LETTER FRM A HOTEL THAT I WORKED WITH THEM AS A HOUSE KEEPER PAST YEARS IS IT A GOOD STEP TO FOLLOW?
2.I SENT MY FORMS TO KCC AND STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO TELL ME DAY OF MY APPOINTMENT IS BEEN LONG I SENT THEM AND EACH TIME I CALL THEM THE SAY I SHOULD RELAX THAT THE INTERVIEW WILL START ON AGUST PLEASE IS A NORMAL CASE?
3.AM SORRY FOR TJE CAPS LOCK.
HELP NEEDED HERE PLEASE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

EYAH, SORRI 4 THE LATE RESPOND CUZZ IT HAS BE LONG AV COMMENT OR POST HERE DAT WHY.....BUT UR QUESTION AV BE ANS TRU OPOKI....DID U ADD THE 3CREDIT IN UR FORM U SENT 2 KCC? IF YES.....IN DS CASE IF U CAN RESIT 4 ANODA EXAM DS YR B4 UR 2NL LAND CUZZ UR INTVIEW SHLD BE EARLIER NEXT YR OK...DEN IF U WERE ASK DURIN UR INTVIEW THAT WHY IT APEN LIKE DAT, DEN EXPLAIN ACCORDINGLY TO DEM OK...STAY BLESS....

@ MONSIEURSAM64; HAHAHAHAHAH. HABA, WHAT ARE WE friends FOR? LETS MOVE AHEAD TO THE GRACE JOOOOOR.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 11:05am On Jun 04, 2013
@Pator pls tell us d full details of ya Interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2013
hi,my fellow forumites..pls can someone giv me d enquiry fon numba in children practice hospital at ikoyi..pls is very very urgent..tanks inadvance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
usef83: hi,my fellow forumites..pls can someone giv me d enquiry fon numba in children practice hospital at ikoyi..pls is very very urgent..tanks inadvance.

014611941 , 018930723
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
We got to the embassy around 6.20 a.m. We parked at the car park for #1,000 and then move to the U.S embassy to join the line around 6.30 a.m. I will say we were already late by then because the line was already long. Just about 4 people came after us (jaspa 400 was one of those who came after us). We went through all the protocols and in the hall we paid $990 (for my son, my wife and me). We submitted our documents and waiting for the COs to arrive. They finally started the interview around 8.30 a.m. First at 2 cubicles, (14 and 15) later another CO joined at 16. They were all male. The first 3 people that were called were all couples, 2 with children the other without children. All of them were granted visa. My family was number 4 to be called at window 14. The guy in window 14 was the youngest and seems to be tough on the first couple he interviewed. He spent almost 30 minutes with them before he granted them visa. The interview proper went this way:

CO: Good morning
Me, Wife and Son: Good morning sir
CO: Can you sign this form on the yellow line?
Me: Sure (I signed and he gave my wife her own to sign and then asked me to sign for my son)
CO: Do you swear to say the truth
Me: Yes we do
Co: Who is the principal applicant?
Me: Me
CO: What is your highest qualification?
ME: Bachelor Degree
CO: Which school
Me: O.A.U
CO: Did you serve
Me: Yes
CO: Where
ME: Benin
CO: Ok
She then turned to my wife
CO: Madam, you are expecting a baby?
Wife: Yes
CO: When are you due
Wife:XYZ
Co:O.k you will process her visa separately after delivery OR I will return your passport to you, when you have your baby you can come back and I will issue for all of you
ME:No, cant you issue for the 3 of us first and when the baby comes we will process her own separately
CO: of course I can if you want.
ME: Yes I want
Co:ok
He then brought out the white paper, circle the address and told us to go there on tuesday next week to collect the visa. He also gave us the sheet for payment of GC processing and told us to get passport and medical report for the baby and bring her after delivery. That was the whole story people. In less than 5 minutes we were done. I went with heavy albums with a lot of supporting documents, non of them were asked for.

POINT TO NOTE
1. It seems they have surplus visa left as they were not really thorough in the interview again as much as they did in the earlier stage.(My thought though). So, it is an encouragement for those with high case number it might after all be a blessing in disguise for you.
2. I went with 2 O Level results, one SSCE and one GCE same year in 1995. The SSCE has P7 in English while all other results were very good, while GCE has Credit in English with all other results also good. The guy told me both of them were fine and he advise I use the WAEC with P7 in English it doesnt matter. So, 5 credit is 5 credit not necessarily in any subject.

I thank God for everything and very grateful to this forum too. I met jaspa 400 over there I'm sure he will share his testimony soon.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
pator: We got to the embassy around 6.20 a.m. We parked at the car park for #1,000 and then move to the U.S embassy to join the line around 6.30 a.m. I will say we were already late by then because the line was already long. Just about 4 people came after us (jaspa 400 was one of those who came after us). We went through all the protocols and in the hall we paid $990 (for my son, my wife and me). We submitted our documents and waiting for the COs to arrive. They finally started the interview around 8.30 a.m. First at 2 cubicles, (14 and 15) later another CO joined at 16. They were all male. The first 3 people that were called were all couples, 2 with children the other without children. All of them were granted visa. My family was number 4 to be called at window 14. The guy in window 14 was the youngest and seems to be tough on the first couple he interviewed. He spent almost 30 minutes with them before he granted them visa. The interview proper went this way:

Me: Sure (I signed and he gave my wife her own to sign and then asked me to sign for my son)
Co:O.k you will process her visa separately after delivery OR I will return your passport to you, when you have your baby you can come back and I will issue for all of you
ME:No, cant you issue for the 3 of us first and when the baby comes we will process her own separately
He then brought out the white paper, circle the address and told us to go there on tuesday next week to collect the visa. He also gave us the sheet for payment of GC processing and told us to get passport and medical report for the baby and bring her after delivery. That was the whole story people. In less than 5 minutes we were done. I went with heavy albums with a lot of supporting documents, non of them were asked for.

POINT TO NOTE
1. It seems they have surplus visa left as they were not really thorough in the interview again as much as they did in the earlier stage.(My thought though). So, it is an encouragement for those with high case number it might after all be a blessing in disguise for you.
2. I went with 2 O Level results, one SSCE and one GCE same year in 1995. The SSCE has P7 in English while all other results were very good, while GCE has Credit in English with all other results also good. The guy told me both of them were fine and he advise I use the WAEC with P7 in English it doesnt matter. So, 5 credit is 5 credit not necessarily in any subject.

I thank God for everything and very grateful to this forum too. I met jaspa 400 over there I'm sure he will share his testimony soon.

. Pator congrats am set for tomm too O‎​º°˚˚˚°º to continue with ur success testimonies ijn (amen)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
pator: We got to the embassy around 6.20 a.m. We parked at the car park for #1,000 and then move to the U.S embassy to join the line around 6.30 a.m. I will say we were already late by then because the line was already long. Just about 4 people came after us (jaspa 400 was one of those who came after us). We went through all the protocols and in the hall we paid $990 (for my son, my wife and me). We submitted our documents and waiting for the COs to arrive. They finally started the interview around 8.30 a.m. First at 2 cubicles, (14 and 15) later another CO joined at 16. They were all male. The first 3 people that were called were all couples, 2 with children the other without children. All of them were granted visa. My family was number 4 to be called at window 14. The guy in window 14 was the youngest and seems to be tough on the first couple he interviewed. He spent almost 30 minutes with them before he granted them visa. The interview proper went this way:

POINT TO NOTE

Congratulation Pator.I am in the same shoe with you. What is your dress code for the interview with your pregnant woman? Just for guide.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2013

POINT TO NOTE

Congratulation Pator.I am in the same shoe with you. What is your dress code for the interview with your pregnant woman? Just for guide.

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.