Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923315 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 12:56am On Aug 11, 2013
my people, i greet u all. magical tinz re realy going on here nd am happy for u all.Wana use dis medium to congratulate u all dat has gotten ur visa, welcome to America. for those waitin, GOD is still on da throne,success to u all. Am still with de house oooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 3:30am On Aug 11, 2013
JUST MAKING COMPLETE MY FIRST DAY IN TULSA OKLAHOMA (USA)MY JOURNEY WAS MORE OF AND ADVENTURE TO ME THAN FUN.I LEFT THE NSIMALENE AIRPORT AT 7:30PM ON THE EIGHT OF AUGUST AND LANDED AT DOUALA THEN FROM DOUALA TO BRUSSELS AND TO WASHINGTON DC THEN TULSA. MY MAJOR CHALLENGE IS JUST THAT ALL THE FOOD THERE LOOK STRANGE AND I COULD NOT FIND MY APPITITE. I WANNA THANK EVERY BODY IN THIS FORUM WHO CONTRIBUTED IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER FOR THIS WONDERFUL SUCCESS IN MY LIFE.I WILL ALWAYS BE IN TOUCH TO ANSWER QUESTIONS TO THOSE WHO WILL NEED MY HELP.I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST...AND WILL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED WITH LATEST DEVELOPMENT kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 6:17am On Aug 11, 2013
gulfkid:
thanks and Fod bless you.
1. Where in Texas are you looking to get a job?
2. What kind of Job?

But on a general note, you can make use of the following job sites

1. workintexas.com
2. carreerbuilder.com
3. monster.com
4. indeed.com

You can also submit your resume on the website of any company you wish to apply to. The culture is different from Nigeria, If you are qualified based on what your resume says compared to the specific job requirements, you stand a chance to be called up for an interview which most times will be via phone call.
Your best bet is to always know the job specifications, then adjust your resume accordingly (But make sure it's something you can defend/do).

Note: workintexas.com is specific to Texas alone while the others are applicable in any state in US.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2013
If you already have your interview notification, you don't need to fill ANY form anymore. Just put together your documents, make 2 copies of each document and 2 passport photographs.
olaayo105:

Thank you Mr. Kay, please what form did I need to fill for DV because I hav an interview on 15 - 08 - 13, your reply is need urgently.

Thank you

Ola

Thank you Mr. Kay, please what form did I need to fill for DV because I hav an interview on 15 - 08 - 13, your reply is need urgently.

Thank you

Ola

Thank you

Ola
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hi house? Ds is Roooooodboy back online jst 4 2day...am soooooo sorri dat I didn't update house earlier abt my inview? House can u guys imagin durin my intview co told me dat I was not the one applyed 4 the dv lotery dat my previous picture I used applyed isn't look like me....dat is all...and the paper dey gave me after my inview, nowere inside the papper writen erro of my pix oooooooo...but av appeal sha, lawyer still wrkin on it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
alex4money: hello flavourable girl,this is alex4money,am very much happy abt ur visa aproved,it has been long since i visited the forum,just becos i lost my phone.how was the interview?and how did u arrange ur document becos my interview is on 10th next month and am currentely in nigerian,but we be coming over 2 cameroon b4 20th becos of my medicals and 2 prepared very well 4 my interview thanks
Hi alex, start with passport and 2 photo copies, ur birth cert with photo copies Police cert and two photo copies and AL&OL with 2 photocopies each. Medicals, I wish u the best the visa is urs. be bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
lorddom: JUST MAKING COMPLETE MY FIRST DAY IN TULSA OKLAHOMA (USA)MY JOURNEY WAS MORE OF AND ADVENTURE TO ME THAN FUN.I LEFT THE NSIMALENE AIRPORT AT 7:30PM ON THE EIGHT OF AUGUST AND LANDED AT DOUALA THEN FROM DOUALA TO BRUSSELS AND TO WASHINGTON DC THEN TULSA. MY MAJOR CHALLENGE IS JUST THAT ALL THE FOOD THERE LOOK STRANGE AND I COULD NOT FIND MY APPITITE. I WANNA THANK EVERY BODY IN THIS FORUM WHO CONTRIBUTED IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER FOR THIS WONDERFUL SUCCESS IN MY LIFE.I WILL ALWAYS BE IN TOUCH TO ANSWER QUESTIONS TO THOSE WHO WILL NEED MY HELP.I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST...AND WILL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED WITH LATEST DEVELOPMENT kiss kiss kiss
Lorddom, congrats and wish the best in ur new live, live ur dream
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by alex4money: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Favourablegirl:
Hi alex, start with passport and 2 photo copies, ur birth cert with photo copies Police cert and two photo copies and AL&OL with 2 photocopies each. Medicals, I wish u the best the visa is urs. be bless
thank 4 ur respond,please wat is AL&OL.and plz were you asked of affidavite of support cos ur respond are highly needed thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
rood boy: Hi house? Ds is Roooooodboy back online jst 4 2day...am soooooo sorri dat I didn't update house earlier abt my inview? House can u guys imagin durin my intview co told me dat I was not the one applyed 4 the dv lotery dat my previous picture I used applyed isn't look like me....dat is all...and the paper dey gave me after my inview, nowere inside the papper writen erro of my pix oooooooo...but av appeal sha, lawyer still wrkin on it.

My guy pls give •̸Ϟ ̷̷̴̐͠€ ur pin let chat...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mikeudoka: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hello my people. Although I have never been given any response on my earlier post when I needed urgent advice, I can't deny the fact that I have benefited from different posts on this thread. So I believe you will grant me this permission to share my interview experience.

I got to the Embassy by 6:30 and joined the cue for 7:30 appointment.
After all the hassles I was in the interview Hall waiting for my turn. I saw people leaving with smiles on their faces. Then some purported couples were denied in an embarrassing manner. That was when sleep of fear caught me.
I woke up to the call of my tally number and leaped to the Window. I saw a black lady and I thought I was only called to verify my documents. Little did I know that was the CO sent from heaven.

CO: Good morning
ME: Morning
CO: Sign this document
ME: Ok. Then fingerprint
CO: Swear to tell the truth
ME: yeah
CO: So what do you do
ME: Just finished NYSC so am just into some hustling
CO: Ok. Where did you serve
ME: ......
CO: what did you do
CO: Cool. Why did you choose your undergraduate discipline
ME: because its a nice course
CO: *smiles* really?
ME: *smiles* yeah I can work as. ..........
CO: Cool.
ME: Thanks
CO: Have you ever played this lottery before
ME: Nope. My first time
CO: Wow! And you are so lucky. Congratulations. Your visa has been approved
ME: Just like dat?
CO: *laughing* exactly. You will get your visa at this address. ......
ME: Thanks and have a lovely day.

Na so I waka o. It didn't even take up to 3 mins. I left without any visible expression on my face but I couldn't control it and I started singing "YAWEH YAWEH! YOU are glorious so glorious in your way"
I spread some love to some people I met outside that congratulated me and walked under the rain singing with my heart filled with joy.

This is nothing but the Lords doing.
I succeeded in playing this lottery at 10:56, only 4 mins remaining on the last day. I forgot about it until March 2013 when I was looking for a draft email then I saw my confirmation page which I saved there. I checked and found out I was selected.
It took me till April 11th before I could send my forms to kcc. I even had to print out the forms and fill them with biro as I couldn't fill them electronically. I was discouraged that is too late by a someone that when via dis same opportunity but I persisted.
Exactly one month I was given an interview letter for 5th July. By the ending of June I wasn't prepared at all then miraculously I got a call from a lady that my dv lottery interview date has been rescheduled for the 29th of July. *NobeGod*

Pardon my long sermon. I just had to testify that there's a God that answers even the prayers of a sinner like me. That same God will grant you success in your endeavours in Jesus name. Amen.

Looking forward to life in another mans land and all I can say is GOD'S WILL MUST BE DONE

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lonpylonpa: 3:53am On Aug 12, 2013
This message goes to 24en and all those who had their visas approved on the 7th of august. I knew you guys would make it. All the glory be to God. Amen!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 4:22am On Aug 12, 2013
rood boy: Hi house? Ds is Roooooodboy back online jst 4 2day...am soooooo sorri dat I didn't update house earlier abt my inview? House can u guys imagin durin my intview co told me dat I was not the one applyed 4 the dv lotery dat my previous picture I used applyed isn't look like me....dat is all...and the paper dey gave me after my inview, nowere inside the papper writen erro of my pix oooooooo...but av appeal sha, lawyer still wrkin on it.
. Are these pple serious? Why will they say its nt ur photograph? Let them their eyes and see the eRrror they r commiting. All i know is dat all is well with u bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2013
...hmmmm! Qhat kind of paper waa given to you? I am sure they want to take same picture to ur neighbourhood. ..if more than one person can confirm that it is you. I am sure you will be called back. Were you given a contact sheet or denial? You have to strategically plan...do not appeal yet. Verify what thw paper is for. If it is a contact sheet, I will advise you to fill that and submit it as directed so that the consulate can revisit your case quickly knowing that no visa will be issued anymore after September. So sorry about it all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2013
@ mike udoka,congratsss we key into ur success.Go live ur american dream.could u pls tell us the reason why the couples were denied visa ? Await ur swift response.congrat once again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mikeudoka: 8:04am On Aug 12, 2013
seubis: @ mike udoka,congratsss we key into ur success.Go live ur american dream.could u pls tell us the reason why the couples were denied visa ? Await ur swift response.congrat once again
The CO said they had no history together before marriage. They were giving conflicting answers and he suspected the marriage was arranged
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 11:21am On Aug 12, 2013
Wow,that's painful.I guess the spouse was not included @ the initial dv registration or they got married after dv registration.thanks mike for the swift response
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2013
mike udoka: Hello my people. Although I have never been given any response on my earlier post when I needed urgent advice, I can't deny the fact that I have benefited from different posts on this thread. So I believe you will grant me this permission to share my interview experience.

After all the hassles I was in the interview Hall waiting for my turn. I saw people leaving with smiles on their faces. Then some purported couples were denied in an embarrassing manner. That was when sleep of fear caught me.
I woke up to the call of my tally number and leaped to the Window. I saw a black lady and I thought I was only called to verify my documents. Little did I know that was the CO sent from heaven.

Na so I waka o. It didn't even take up to 3 mins. I left without any visible expression on my face but I couldn't control it and I started singing "YAWEH YAWEH! YOU are glorious so glorious in your way"
I spread some love to some people I met outside that congratulated me and walked under the rain singing with my heart filled with joy.

I succeeded in playing this lottery at 10:56, only 4 mins remaining on the last day. I forgot about it until March 2013 when I was looking for a draft email then I saw my confirmation page which I saved there. I checked and found out I was selected.
It took me till April 11th before I could send my forms to kcc. I even had to print out the forms and fill them with biro as I couldn't fill them electronically. I was discouraged that is too late by a someone that when via dis same opportunity but I persisted.
Exactly one month I was given an interview letter for 5th July. By the ending of June I wasn't prepared at all then miraculously I got a call from a lady that my dv lottery interview date has been rescheduled for the 29th of July. *NobeGod*

Pardon my long sermon. I just had to testify that there's a God that answers even the prayers of a sinner like me. That same God will grant you success in your endeavours in Jesus name. Amen.

Looking forward to life in another mans land and all I can say is GOD'S WILL MUST BE DONE

Congrats.Please do u know why the couple were bounced? Sorry we didn't respond to your enquiries b4 your d day.Thanks for being open and magnanimous.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by alex4money: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2013
mike udoka,congratulation for ur successful interview,i key into ur success and testimony on my owned interview.once more welcome to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
mike udoka:
The CO said they had no history together before marriage. They were giving conflicting answers and he suspected the marriage was arranged

Okay.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2013
mike udoka: Hello my people. Although I have never been given any response on my earlier post when I needed urgent advice, I can't deny the fact that I have benefited from different posts on this thread. So I believe you will grant me this permission to share my interview experience.

Congrats bro! HE is faithful!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by belincye: 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
Everyone in the house should follow me and praise God. Had a successful interview today. It was so stress free. Details coming in shortly.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
belincye: Everyone in the house should follow me and praise God. Had a successful interview today. It was so stress free. Details coming in shortly.

congrats oooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
lonpy lonpa: This message goes to 24en and all those who had their visas approved on the 7th of august. I knew you guys would make it. All the glory be to God. Amen!

Thanks very much everything is God .may his name be Praise.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
belincye: Everyone in the house should follow me and praise God. Had a successful interview today. It was so stress free. Details coming in shortly.

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
tycoon77:

My guy pls give •̸Ϟ ̷̷̴̐͠€ ur pin let chat...

I don't subscribe almost 2month nw ooooo tycoon...maybe u shld av my no and add me on whatssap ok (07063744180)...sorry tycoon dat I didn't tell u earlier?

Many thanx genlion.

@ laripa: congrat.

@ kaygee1977: thanx..the paper dey gave me is denied one, if I get home 2day I will place it here so dat everybody can c wat is writen on the paper.

House ds is wat inside the paper embassy gave me ( this office regrets to inform u dat it is unable to issue a visa to u becuse u av been found ineligible...After careful review of ur application, it has been determind dat u filled out the application incorrectly...u are therefore not eligible to participate in the DV program) but my lawyer asked dem were did I filled incorrectly? Uptill date dey didn't response...Becuse my lawyer av all my copy doc 2 judge deir respons..

The day of my intview co let me knw dat he denied me becuse of my previous picture I used applyed den and he didn't mention any error of my form...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2013

Congrats.
We can't wait 4 ur testimony.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 12:12am On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmmm.....still right. If there is irregularity with the picture...it is still part of the application that is not right. Did you play it yourself or an Agent. Some agents are clumsy...they mix up pictures and information. So sorry about ur case. Apply for another. All is well. Amen
rood boy:

I don't subscribe almost 2month nw ooooo tycoon...maybe u shld av my no and add me on whatssap ok (07063744180)...sorry tycoon dat I didn't tell u earlier?

Many thanx genlion.

@ laripa: congrat.

@ kaygee1977: thanx..the paper dey gave me is denied one, if I get home 2day I will place it here so dat everybody can c wat is writen on the paper.

House ds is wat inside the paper embassy gave me ( this office regrets to inform u dat it is unable to issue a visa to u becuse u av been found ineligible...After careful review of ur application, it has been determind dat u filled out the application incorrectly...u are therefore not eligible to participate in the DV program) but my lawyer asked dem were did I filled incorrectly? Uptill date dey didn't response...Becuse my lawyer av all my copy doc 2 judge deir respons..

The day of my intview co let me knw dat he denied me becuse of my previous picture I used applyed den and he didn't mention any error of my form...

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 6:02am On Aug 13, 2013
kaygee1977: Hmmmm.....still right. If there is irregularity with the picture...it is still part of the application that is not right. Did you play it yourself or an Agent. Some agents are clumsy...they mix up pictures and information. So sorry about ur case. Apply for another. All is well. Amen

Well, thanx man.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by belincye: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2013
Good morning house. I thank God for granting me a successful interview. The key to a successful interview is Gods favour and grace and confidence. I was nervous, but I just told myself that been nervous is not going to help me. So I decided to be confident. Another thing please try and seat in front, so you can watch each COs different interview style. That way you know what kind of questions to expect from them.

CO: good morning
ME: good morning with a smile
CO: took my finger prints
CO: do you swear to say the truth?
ME: raising my right hand, I do
CO: what's your highest qualification
ME: B.Sc
CO: what year did you graduate
ME: bla bla bla
CO: which school did you attend
ME: bla bla
CO: did you serve and where
Co: where do work and job description
Co: where is your husband and kids
ME: with a smile, told him I was still single
CO: smiles back and approves my visa.

I thank God for everything. Wanted to share what I noticed with my brothers and sisters in the house.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by syndrome(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2013
@belincye congrats. and to all those who had a successful interview, i say a big congratulation. And for those yet to go for their interview, i wish u success and God's favour. Welcome to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by JohnMorgan(m): 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
Congrats. I key into your testimony IJN, Amen!

belincye: Good morning house. I thank God for granting me a successful interview. The key to a successful interview is Gods favour and grace and confidence. I was nervous, but I just told myself that been nervous is not going to help me. So I decided to be confident. Another thing please try and seat in front, so you can watch each COs different interview style. That way you know what kind of questions to expect from them.

CO: good morning
ME: good morning with a smile
CO: took my finger prints
CO: do you swear to say the truth?
ME: raising my right hand, I do
CO: what's your highest qualification
ME: B.Sc
CO: what year did you graduate
CO: which school did you attend
ME: bla bla
CO: did you serve and where
Co: where do work and job description
Co: where is your husband and kids
ME: with a smile, told him I was still single
CO: smiles back and approves my visa.

I thank God for everything. Wanted to share what I noticed with my brothers and sisters in the house.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
@belincye,congrats.pls share what u noticed @ the embassy to the house.await ur urgent response

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.