Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,926 members, 7,852,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925766 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
tycoon77:

Congratulations my brother...
congrat my brova........go live ur dream
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Visa picked up @ muri Okunola by 10am ds morning.......am grateful to God dat finally I hav my visa wt me rit nw.Nxt is payin d GC fee...........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tobi henryo: Hi house ,am a bit worried here,I was interviewd on july 16th dis year wIth ♍♈ husband by ​the̶̲̥̅̊ guy@window 14.He said ♍♈ pregnancy ws over 7months dt we wl av to come back with the baby for our visas,bt wot I̶̲̥̅§ givin me concern now I̶̲̥̅§ dt Freshies experience dt he said he's wife was also heavily pregnant and yet they were issued visa immediately and were askd to come for the babys visa later.so how come ours wasn't done dt way though we wr given a note to come wit ‎​the̶̲̥̅̊ babys medicals,visa fee,passprt and all.pls wl appreciate evryones contribution.thanks

Wow. 7 months pregnant, 1 month and few days left for the rounding off of DV2013, naturally you have two months to your EDD. Not trying to scare you but all this time I have outlined above are 'parallel'. You should have asked the CO if it would be possible to still print DV2013 visa after midnight September 30th.
The 2013 DV season ends at midnight, September 30. That means that any visas that was unable to print before midnight, Sept. 30, cannot be printed.
I suggest you contact the embassy via email to get this clarification and if any adjustments could be made.
Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
osashilton:
Pls I want to find out my chances, my mum was a dvlottery winner 5yrs ago, now she is applying for citizenship and wants to file for me, considering my age now that I am 29years, what are my chances and how long is the filing process now puting my age as a factor
I believe if you ask this question here: www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me you will certainly get help there. It's a thread.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
I arrive at the embassy by 5.00am, we waited for about an hour b4 we where ask to line-up in two lines one for immigrant and the other for non-immigrant, pass through all the security check. I was call to submit my doc in win 17 then sat quietly waiting for the last stage.

win 15 started first followed by 14 then 16 and 13 respectively. b4 i was called, win 15 already denied 4 out of 6 applicants he interviewed, this made me comfortable an anxiety seems to set-in, win 16 granted 1 denied 2 while win 13 grant 1 ask another to go a doc.

i was interviewed at win 14 the black angel, she already granted all 3 before me, she is just so nice though drained me for over 15mins, i did enjoy it cos she did that smiling all through.

INTERVIEW PROPER
me: good afternoon, and how was ur week-end
co: fine, buy it's still morning yet
me: haa alright
co: what is your date of birth
me: i answer (note:there was an error on the month of birth on my cert)
co: ok what is ur highest level of edu
me: waec
co: what year
me: 2003
co: why did u register for waec and gce same year
me: i don't want to take chances
co: what is ur best subject
me: phy
co: what is ur grade in phy
me: c6
co: what topic in phy
me: laws of motion
co: pls hold-on
me: ok (she was talking to a colleague) in few mins
co: sorry for keeping u waiting
me: no prob
co: so what are u doing now
me: i am a student
co: what sch
me: lasu
co: what course
me: computer sci
co: which campus
me: ojo
co: when where u admitted
me: i answered
co: what topic did u do last
me: we are on strike
co: what
me: ASUU is on strike so we are not on campus
co: b4 ASUU strike what topic
me: software practice
co: what software did u use
me: i just mention some programming language. BASIC, FORTRAN, PASCAL we yet to do JAVA
co: when will u finish
co: any ID
me: i showed her
co: ok so what are u doing at the moment
me: i teach
co: where
co: what are u teaching
me: computer fundamental which include excel, access, ms-word
co: returned my cert to me and thereafter handed me 2 white paper trying to explain how to pay but i no dey listen again o
co: congrats
me: thank u
na so GOD take change my story to Glory o
Maryland here i come

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
YessWeeCan: I arrive at the embassy by 5.00am, we waited for about an hour b4 we where ask to line-up in two lines one for immigrant and the other for non-immigrant, pass through all the security check. I was call to submit my doc in win 17 then sat quietly waiting for the last stage.

win 15 started first followed by 14 then 16 and 13 respectively. b4 i was called, win 15 already denied 4 out of 6 applicants he interviewed, this made me comfortable an anxiety seems to set-in, win 16 granted 1 denied 2 while win 13 grant 1 ask another to go a doc.

i was interviewed at win 14 the black angel, she already granted all 3 before me, she is just so nice though drained me for over 15mins, i did enjoy it cos she did that smiling all through.

INTERVIEW PROPER
me: i just mention some programming language. BASIC, FORTRAN, PASCAL we yet to do JAVA
co: returned my cert to me and thereafter handed me 2 white paper trying to explain how to pay but i no dey listen again o
Maryland here i come
Congrats so excited for you. I think YessWeeCan, should be changed to YesWeHave. Kidding. Go and conquer USA o.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
YessWeeCan. Do you have an idea why those people were denied visa on the same day you got yours?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kenny3: 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
@tycoon77 thank you dear brother for the response. please point of correction I am not a brother but a sister. Philadelphia here I come to be great in Jesus Name, is there anyone in Philadelphia that we can connect? though leaving mid Sept... May God bless all of us and cause us to eat the fruit of the land of America in Jesus Name.

May i please ask regarding the drivers' license in USA, the national one I have is expired and I presently use international drivers license where I live outside naija, how can I obtain the USA license, though I am practicing the online test now...please let the gurus helps me regarding this brothers and sisters...tnx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kenny3: 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
@Tobi henyo, i agreed to what the gentleman said, contact embassy asap, scanned the note given to you and email them please, i pray that God will perfects your testimony in Jesus Name.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nopes, U̶̲̥̅̊ don't get me,av exceeded ♍♈ EDD(am above 9months now).so am due anytime frm now.bt pls how soon do they reply one's mail @ ‎​the̶̲̥̅̊ lagos embassy.thanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tobi henryo: Nopes, U̶̲̥̅̊ don't get me,av exceeded ♍♈ EDD(am above 9months now).so am due anytime frm now.bt pls how soon do they reply one's mail @ ‎​the̶̲̥̅̊ lagos embassy.thanx

ok ok ok. *excited*. If this is d case, then you've got no problems. To the best of my knowledge, we've gat two experiences here in this thread which maybe likened to urs. One was given visa and to come back for their baby's after birth, because they insisted on theirs first. The other was asked to come back after their child's birth like your case. No. I think three experiences. The third one went back after baby's birth i.e. naming ceremony was also conducted. Of these experiences, I can't remember their names though, they are all members of this forum. Other forumites can also attest to this. So based on this and that you have passed your EDD, I can boldly say, you've gat nothing to worry about. They guy or babe fit just show now. And I also believe the embassy would respond to mails of utmost urgency, even though they have volumes to attend to. It's just a guess though, it's not definitive, I don't work there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
edimop: Visa picked up @ muri Okunola by 10am ds morning.......am grateful to God dat finally I hav my visa wt me rit nw.Nxt is payin d GC fee...........

Congrats my guy... Yes GC nxt on board......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
abiodunraufu: YessWeeCan. Do you have an idea why those people were denied visa on the same day you got yours?
1. Guy original waec result is not genuine. -CO claims.
2. PA can't defend cert.
it's all i know.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Freshie:

Hi, pls I would like for you to read as carefully as you can. I am not an authority so I can't claim to have all the answers but I will tell you my personal experience. Personal, as in me and my wife, not that I heard the story from someone.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU SHOULD KNOW IS THAT THEY LOVE HONESTY.

I feel excited about having to share this cos it ended well. I filled in for the 2013 entry like everyone else in 2011. I no even get girlfriend then. Results came in October 2012, I had a girlfriend I was hoping to marry (I had known her as a friend since 2008). I already sent the forms back to them as single last November before I proposed to her this January.

We got married in April and I immediately started worrying about what would happen to our new marriage if I had to travel without her and our expecting baby, I could not imagine it. I used to have nightmares! Of course I got a lot of different advice from people: I was told that if you filled as single and show up as married, they could get suspicious and deny you the visa. I let fear creep in and I did nothing about it. (If I knew better I would have contacted them telling them my status had changed and sent them supplementary forms for my wife). Everyone said I should go as single (there is a BIG problem here when you want to file later and they discover your marriage certificate then says you were already married at the time of your interview and you failed to mention it).

I did medicals, police report and birth certificate alone and went for the interview on August 14. Some said I should take off my ring but I said I would not deny who I am so I kept it on. Remember that I was also praying that something would happen that would permit me and my wife to travel together, I didn't know how it would happen but I kept hoping. I also took my marriage certificate just in case they saw my ring and asked for proof I would show them so they would not deny me my visa. When I got into the interview room, the lady that checked my documents saw my ring and asked if I was married. I said "I am now".
Officer: Ok, where is your wife?
Me: She's at home
Officer: Isn't she travelling with you?
Me: I would love that very much but I filled the form as single so I don't know how that could happen
Officer: You could travel with your wife, we don't say that because you won the lottery that you shouldn't get married or move on with your life
Me: shocked
Officer: Where's your marriage cert?
I gave it to her and she said "Hold on let me make a copy of it". When she returned,
Officer: I can't get that smile off your face right? I'm sure you can't wait to tell her cheesy
Me: I sure can't!
Officer: Here are the forms you submitted last year, I need you to edit these categories to include your wife's name, date of birth, place of birth and date of marriage. Here, use this pen.. (I felt I was dreaming!)
Officer: You just get successfully interviewed by the CO first
Me: Thank you!
(She even told another colleague of hers and both of them were looking at me and smiling).

My interview with the CO was interesting. The guy drilled me like no other, and he made me feel very stupid with the look on his face when he asked why my wife wasn't here and I said I was told it would complicate matters.
CO: I can't believe I'm hearing this. Who told you that? We expect that you should notify us in the event your status changes. This interview surely can't be concluded until we interview your wife! You will need to come with her and with proof of relationship(photos).
CO: What do you do?... Where do you work?... Tell me some websites you have done (since I said I was a web designer)...
CO: Your name isn't at the bottom of the website, how do I know you did it?...
CO: When can you come back with your wife for another interview?...

When I got back home, a lot of my folks were skeptical that the opportunity had been lost. One even said, "When they see your wife's tummy now, anyway let's see"
We used last weekend to quickly go do police report and medicals. We also printed almost 40 pictures of the proposal day, the trad, the registry wedding, pictures from last year when we were still dating.
On the day of our rescheduled interview August 22, we even forgot my wife's visa fee of $330 at home!

At the end of the day, we were granted our visas, and even advised not to travel immediately cos my wife is heavily pregnant. Another CO joined the one interviewing us and told us that we should have the baby here, then send an email and they will immediately invite us to come with the baby's birth certificate and passport picture so we could be issued a letter to permit us travel with our baby. Last week was awesome for me because yesterday, August 24 was my birthday! God truly showed himself.

So here's my advice to you:

Say the truth, let the woman swear an affidavit at the Ikoyi High Court that her age was incorrectly entered by the person who submitted the entry (you see, they don't expect you to have done everything yourself), let them get married and keep enough pictures of the ceremony. They should also get pictures from before they got married to show that some relationship existed before marriage. Then get all the required documents ready. Lastly and most importantly, pray believing that you're talking to a living God, don't pray with fear.

The bad thing about lying now is that you will have to remain on your guard for the rest of your stay there. The day they discover you lied, you will be in trouble. Another first hand experience I saw same day August 22 was a woman shaking with tears of joy after she was granted a non-immigrant visa. She lied about something in the year 1982! Yes, that long ago! The CO just asked her a question and she came out clean. CO told her "if your answer was not this, we would be having a very different conversation right now so I say congratulations, your visa will be ready at this address..." Apparently she had been banned for many years from entering the US.

So my brother, that's my advice to you. I hope you take it. All the best to your sister and husband!

Sorry for the extremely long post! grin

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
YessWeeCan: Glooooorrrrrrrrry be to God visa approved. details soon.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 12:46am On Aug 27, 2013
Pls house, I am a Dv2014 selectee. I have 2 questions to ask pls. I have two ssce results, waec n neco from 2 diffrent schls... Now, on my neco result, I used my middle name, which was pronounced in full on d result issued by d sch itself (EwhomaZino) and on d testimonial from neco itself, its abbreviation (E). Now, on every other documents since after my ssce (talking about tertiary n d rest) till date, even for dis lottery, I had shortened my middle name to Zino (of which my waec carries just my first n last name. Now, does this pose any threat or do I need to go do an affidavit of some sort? Rem, its just my neco. And my second question is dis: I made a mistake of filling in "grin" Int'l college for d sch where I wrote d neco instead of "grin" secondary sch due to d fact dt I wasn't with my documents when I was filling d Dsp forms I sent to kenturky because I was very far from home where my documents were. Of which I got to discover later after I had sent d forms. Pls, how do u think dis will be viewed? Cos even in my neco testimonial, it is typed "grin" secondary sch. Thank u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 5:53am On Aug 27, 2013
edimop: Visa picked up @ muri Okunola by 10am ds morning.......am grateful to God dat finally I hav my visa wt me rit nw.Nxt is payin d GC fee...........
congrats man. wish u all the best

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 6:18am On Aug 27, 2013
YessWeeCan: I arrive at the embassy by 5.00am, we waited for about an hour b4 we where ask to line-up in two lines one for immigrant and the other for non-immigrant, pass through all the security check. I was call to submit my doc in win 17 then sat quietly waiting for the last stage.

INTERVIEW PROPER
Maryland here i come

yesss we cann do all things tru christ dat strengthen us. long and interesting interview. i wish u all the best. remember, do dat which is good and touch the lives of ur fello men.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2013
@YessWeeCan,Congrats! How about the ASUU? Are you gonna dump them? LOL.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oke22(f): 8:05am On Aug 27, 2013
genlion: yesss we cann do all things tru christ dat strengthen us. long and interesting interview. i wish u all the best. remember, do dat which is good and touch the lives of ur fello men.
pls guys i really need ur help my mum wants us to try the visa lottery we dnt av links on how to go about it pls help
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 8:27am On Aug 27, 2013
ferdimako: @YessWeeCan,Congrats! How about the ASUU? Are you gonna dump them? LOL.
Sharply bro with no further delay, dem can keep their epileptic system of education.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2013
brother could you please tell us the reason why they denied those people if they are in for lottery too? because if will help one of us to tight up in our weakness
genlion: yesss we cann do all things tru christ dat strengthen us. long and interesting interview. i wish u all the best. remember, do dat which is good and touch the lives of ur fello men.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2013
brother could you please tell us the reason why they denied those people if they are in for lottery too? because if will help one of us to tight up in our weakness

INTERVIEW PROPER
Maryland here i come

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2013
XYZZ: brother could you please tell us the reason why they denied those people if they are in for lottery too? because if will help one of us to tight up in our weakness
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2013

INTERVIEW PROPER
Maryland here i come

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2013
Tobi henryo: Hi house ,am a bit worried here,I was interviewd on july 16th dis year wIth ♍♈ husband by ​the̶̲̥̅̊ guy@window 14.He said ♍♈ pregnancy ws over 7months dt we wl av to come back with the baby for our visas,bt wot I̶̲̥̅§ givin me concern now I̶̲̥̅§ dt Freshies experience dt he said he's wife was also heavily pregnant and yet they were issued visa immediately and were askd to come for the babys visa later.so how come ours wasn't done dt way though we wr given a note to come wit ‎​the̶̲̥̅̊ babys medicals,visa fee,passprt and all.pls wl appreciate evryones contribution.thanks

Dear brother, you don't need to be worried at all since your wife is already due. My advise is that you don't need to write Embassy on this issue. Please, go back and read my own case. I had the same issue with you and I have explained the way you are going to go about it in my post. WE are interviewed by the same guy in window 14. After, our delivery, we carried our baby to the embassy and the same guy attendant to us since he is the one handling our case file. Immediately, we got there, he said "welcome back" and he congratulate us for our new born baby. He mentioned her names and her date of birth as we filled it in DS230 forms and I signed for my new baby. He now brought the 2 papers for our immigration payment and visa collection. That was all. Please don't be panic, He has already approved your visas. He doesn't want you to go without your new born baby. During my interview, I told the CO to issue us our own visas first and we will come later for the baby visa. He said NO he want us to go with our baby, he don't want us to leave the baby behind. He also said that one of us can come for our babies visa, but to be on safe side we all attended the interview with my wife. Please, remember to fill DS230 form along when you are going with 3copies or more 2"x2" passport photographs including all items stated in the letter. If you have any question you can ask. My brother I pray for safe delivery of your wife and your visa.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edojariogba: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2013
hello house my POE is texas and i already know how to drive very well. must i get a driving license in nigeria? or i should travel like dat without a driving license and then get a texas driving license instead. and pls what document will i need in order to get a driving license in texas
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2013
XYZZ: brother could you please tell us the reason why they denied those people if they are in for lottery too? because if will help one of us to tight up in our weakness

Mr tight up, o gini?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:13am On Aug 27, 2013
[/color]
Freshie:

Yes I remember you. Congratulations too! When are you leaving Naija?

Thanks bro,3rd week in september.Its my office that is still delaying.you know I ve to give them a month notice.
I wish your wife safe delivery.
FAITH WORKS WONDERS.¶™
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leader600: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2013
Congratulations to those who have received there Visa. To those preparing for interview n are faithful to God the most HIGH, the Visa is theirs. Please fellow forumites, Does IP address got to influence chances of one been selected during the draw of this Visa lottery..i learnt from early trend that the use of banned IP address can affect one chances of been selected. How true it is? i need more light on this. Also am waiting for October draw of 2012/2014Visa lottery..! Am a winner! I believe!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leader600: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2013
Bros the October favour that rest upon you when you got ur first notification letter rest on me. Amen! Waiting for september/October draw!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leader600: 11:35am On Aug 27, 2013
Bros the October favour that rest upon you when you got ur first notification letter rest on me. Amen! Waiting for september/October draw!

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.