Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922931 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
akintunde95: @freshie can i do another international passport.... I just collect dat one in MAY DIS YEAR.....

From my experience, you can do a new international passport provided you meet the conditions for doing that. I don't know all the conditions under which you may do that but one that I know of is change of name due to marriage. My wife's old international passport was done last year and was due to expire in 2017 but after we got married we went to Abuja to get re-issued a new one bearing her new name and expiring 2018.

So you may contact the Immigration Office where you are to find out if you can do a new passport due to your wrong date of birth.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
ewhoma: Pls house, I am a Dv2014 selectee. I have 2 questions to ask pls. I have two ssce results, waec n neco from 2 diffrent schls... Now, on my neco result, I used my middle name, which was pronounced in full on d result issued by d sch itself (EwhomaZino) and on d testimonial from neco itself, its abbreviation (E). Now, on every other documents since after my ssce (talking about tertiary n d rest) till date, even for dis lottery, I had shortened my middle name to Zino (of which my waec carries just my first n last name. Now, does this pose any threat or do I need to go do an affidavit of some sort? Rem, its just my neco. And my second question is dis: I made a mistake of filling in "grin" Int'l college for d sch where I wrote d neco instead of "grin" secondary sch due to d fact dt I wasn't with my documents when I was filling d Dsp forms I sent to kenturky because I was very far from home where my documents were. Of which I got to discover later after I had sent d forms. Pls, how do u think dis will be viewed? Cos even in my neco testimonial, it is typed "grin" secondary sch. Thank u.
Na wa o. Is it that u guys don't respond to any other person except ur fellow 2013 winners or something? I thought this was suppose to be a forum for helping people of similar conditions irrespective of the year of winning? Yet, tens of oda discussions has been held since after I posted mine n no one has even tried giving a word of advice. Naija! Hmmm...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by coop: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
ewhoma:
Na wa o. Is it that u guys don't respond to any other person except ur fellow 2013 winners or something? I thought this was suppose to be a forum for helping people of similar conditions irrespective of the year of winning? Yet, tens of oda discussions has been held since after I posted mine n no one has even tried giving a word of advice. Naija! Hmmm...
s

Plz, kindly read the previous pagez in the forum. U will definately see something similar and d best way to it . It is better someone with helpful info to attend to your issue than the ones without expr . Take note sir
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hituneu: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
Freshie:

From my experience, you can do a new international passport provided you meet the conditions for doing that. I don't know all the conditions under which you may do that but one that I know of is change of name due to marriage. My wife's old international passport was done last year and was due to expire in 2017 but after we got married we went to Abuja to get re-issued a new one bearing her new name and expiring 2018.

So you may contact the Immigration Office where you are to find out if you can do a new passport due to your wrong date of birth.
this info is for the marrried couples on this forum a nd beyond getting anoda passport cos u got married isnt needed,I got married 2011 and I had my maiden name on the passport and was given the visa not just me alone some others too,if u don't want to waste money but if u gat money you are free to issue a new passport if u want to.goodluck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
There's an update on my case which I feel I should share with the house.

Remember I said we forgot my wife's visa fee when we went for the interview (second time for me and first for my wife) on Thursday August 22. The CO said we could come next day at any time to pay the visa fee and our visas would be ready one week after we had paid for my wife.

I went on Friday around 9am with the letter I was given and I was not allowed to pass the Document Check area.

1st Officer: We don't attend to immigrants on Friday and there are no immigrant appointments on Friday either.

Me: I'm not here for an interview or appointment, just to pay my wife's visa fee.

1st Officer: If you are supposed to meet someone somewhere, is that not an appointment? Your letter says Appointments are Monday through Thursday 1pm except Nigerian and U.S. holidays.

2nd Officer: Don't you remember him, he's the one who came yesterday without his wife's visa fee.

1st Officer: You will have to come back on Monday morning by 10am.

2nd Officer: Try to come before 9:30am so you could enter with the 10am batch

Me: Ok, no problem.

Security Officer (as I was leaving): You can come early in the morning so you can enter with the 7am batch.

Me: Thank you

I went back to work o. Monday morning, August 26 I was there 7am live only to hear another story.

Me: Good morning. I'm here to pay for my wife's visa.

1st Officer: Is it DV immigrant visa?

Me: Yes we were here on Thursday for interview and I came to pay on Friday but you said you don't do immigrants on Fridays and asked me to come today before 9:30am.

1st Officer: Let me see your letter. Your appointment time is 1pm, we can't let you in. (I was baffled)

Me: But it was you guys that said I should come today, what's going on? (Another officer came, she seemed in charge)

2nd Officer: Let me see your letter, we can't let you in, you will have to come back 1pm. (I started explaining to her all over again. She was patient but still insisted that it has to be done 1pm). What's your surname? Its starts with O.. you're not one of my people and if I let you in now the person in charge of your group will be upset.

Me: Pls I've taken a lot of permission from the office for these runs, can we work out something cos I can't go back to the office and take permission again by 1pm? My office is on the Mainland (Pls note I was not tryna to bribe, it is against their law as you would see on various posters on their walls)

2nd Officer: You can send someone from your office with this letter. Can't your wife come?

Me: She's heavily pregnant, about 40 weeks now.

2nd Officer: Then why the rush, just wait till she gives birth because your visa package will be opened again to include the baby's visa. When your baby is born, you will come with birth certificate, international passport, medical records and pay the dv fee for your baby as well.

Me: But the CO told us we should just come with baby's passport photos and birth certificate, that's all and we would be issued a letter.

2nd Officer: That's how it used to be until DV 2012. We noticed that it was hard for babies who travel that way to get their green card, so it was decided that international passport with visa for the baby will be easier to process. (At this point I was tired of talking and listening). I would advise you to wait till your baby is born.

Me: Thank you

I came again at 1pm sha and went into the interview room and successfully paid. However I was a bit concerned and I sent an email to lagosiv@state.gov stating my concerns about what we were told at the interview vs what the officer at the Document Check area told me.

They just replied this morning with this:

Dear Mr O...,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your wife may to return to the Consulate after she gives birth, any day Monday through Thursday(not including Nigerian or American holidays) by 1:00PM before her visa expires with the following documents:

Her visa package and International passport
The child’s original birth certificate issued by the National Population Commission and three photocopies
The child’s original Immunization record/ card and three photocopies.
International passport for the child
Three passport photographs against a white background.
$165 fee for baby letter

We hope this information is helpful, if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us any time.

Now my mind is finally at rest. I have also learnt that word of mouth even from COs may not carry all the details, let's always seek clarification through official correspondence.

Cheers all!

Sorry again for the long post! grin

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
hituneu: this info is for the marrried couples on this forum a nd beyond getting anoda passport cos u got married isnt needed,I got married 2011 and I had my maiden name on the passport and was given the visa not just me alone some others too,if u don't want to waste money but if u gat money you are free to issue a new passport if u want to.goodluck

True, everyone married woman pls take note. You don't have to get another international passport, but you may have to carry your marriage certificate with your international passport for anything that requires your identification as the wife of your man. I have aunties that do that so I know it happens.

My wife and I decided personally to do a new one for her. Cheers! grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
kemseg2005: Hello my people in the house, I want to congratulates those that got their visas approved, and wish those that are waiting for their interview success. Please I want answers to this question ASSAP: I paid my USCIS fee with a brother GTB master card 2 days ago, the payment was confirmed n accepted. As i tried to print the receipt what came out was your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review. CASE SUMMARY RECEIPT ID: REQUEST TYPE etc. At the bottom of the page was written payment submitted. My question is that does that page represents the receipt of my payment? I also discovered the account hasn't been debited as at yesterday, pls, how long does it take to process the fee because I want to be sure before i pay for four others of my family? Or do I need to pay for all at once? Hw's Pator and Jasper? Are still in town?
You don't need to print the receipt because nobody will ask you for it but if it doesn't cost you anything printing it. Its OKAY. The fee will not be deduct immediately. It will take 2-3days before they deduct it and yes, its going to state case pending. Its doesn't mean since the payment is successful.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by damohreal: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello house,pls me nd my hubby go 4 d interview 2day and after d whole questions d CO ask and we answered him, he said me nd my husband shld com back next week 4 follo up interview wit more prove dat we ar married,note dat he has go 2ru weddin album nd our cert,pls wat can wE go along wit 2 save our visa.pls ur response is needed badly.God bless u all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
@ damohreal.sorry abt that.if I may ask,did u guyz played as married or u got married after being selected? Secondly,did u go with enuf courtship and wedding pictures?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
damohreal: Hello house,pls me nd my hubby go 4 d interview 2day and after d whole questions d CO ask and we answered him, he said me nd my husband shld com back next week 4 follo up interview wit more prove dat we ar married,note dat he has go 2ru weddin album nd our cert,pls wat can wE go along wit 2 save our visa.pls ur response is needed badly.God bless u all

Tips:
1. If the receipt of your rent is written as Mr and Mrs, pls go with it.
2. If you still have copies of letters written to each other during your courtship days, pls go with them.
3. They may even decide to visit your address for confirmation.
4. If you have a copy of your wedding video, it could also be helpful.
5. Put the whole situation in the hands of God in prayers.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Do your best by making sure that your documents are accurate and genuine. Be confident and express yourself eloquently during the interview. Lastly, leave the rest for God. It is well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kemseg2005: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
@ Yusmash OC: Thanks my brother for that useful information.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
Leripa:

Tips:
2. If you still have copies of letters written to each other during your courtship days, pls go with them.
Good luck.
@damohreal, in addition to the above:
1. If you have facebook conversation print it out and take it along.
2. Approach your mobile network provider for copy of your call log. it is well with you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
coop: s

Plz, kindly read the previous pagez in the forum. U will definately see something similar and d best way to it . It is better someone with helpful info to attend to your issue than the ones without expr . Take note sir
Thanks. I'v already done dt, found nothing similar to my case. Anyways, I'v resolved to having an affidavit of name hamonisation for my name, but I am not sure of what to do about d sch name's mistake I made. Thanks a lot for ur concern, God bless u. and I am female.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
just god: To He who has been there for me in ages past, who is and who is to come, I say THANK YOU.

My interview experience:

Left home around 4:20am and arrived @ the embassy around 4:40am. At that time, I could count our numbers, but @ 5:40am...walter carrington was another village market.
We were divided according to our visa categories then observed all security protocols (d check no be beans o). Asked to open d medicals n got tags for payment.
Made payment inside the hall and submitted credentials( no1 collected d x-ray).

After a looong wait, d interview started with families (for immigrants) and I was the 1st single to be called @10:15am (my number beeped @ window 16). It was even @izzy that tapped me. At this point my people, my blood pressure increased (I no go lie).

Me: good morning
Co: good morning
Co: pls raise your hand and swear that all you say will be the truth.
Me: I promise to say the truth
Co: what is your highest level of edu?
Me: Bsc
Co: in what?
Me: bla bla
Co: name of school and what year?
Me: bla bla, 2007
Co: did you say 2010?
Me: No, 2007
Co: where did you serve, state and what were you doing?
Me: bla bla
Co: what were you doing after school?
Me: bla bla bla
Co: why did you play the lottery?
Me: I want a fresh start
Co: have you ever applied for a US visa?
Me: No, just DV's
Co: where do you live and is it with your parents?
Me: bla bla, not with my parents.
Co: when will your wife be going with you?
Me: wife?(With a smile) I'm not married
Co: okay( looks @ his system, checked my docs again and stares into my face)
@ dis point, I don calm down...no tension.
Co: what is your date of birth?
Me: bla bla bla

Na so interview finish o, he gave me 2 white papers and was explaining plenty things( I just dey look, I no listen again). But I remember him say I can pay my UCIS fee when I get to the states or before I leave.

I want to gratefully thank everyone who has contributed to this forum +vely and those who encouraged me on this long journey...I can't but mention mantiger, edimop, genlion, tycoon, roodboy,faithman2020,jidex just to mention a few. You guys rock.

@izzy congrats bro

Wishing every1 awaiting interview a success story.

NY loading.......

Congrats bro.. More success to u...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
Izyy: @coop i no do am anything,is just that you have to be prepared incase ur number shows up on window 15...it is God's grace afterall this is my first time of playing the US VISA LOTTERY.played once and won..the funny thing about that Co 15 is that he appears very intelligent and detailed

Yeah co ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ window 15 is very intelligent, were i xpect is going to ask me questn he never asked.... Thank GOD that were he N̶̲̥̅α̩̩̩̩ ask me is even simple Dan were an xpecting... Am happy 4 u congrats once more...

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
You can always fill another form and send to KCC...I filled over 10 forms updating my educational informations as it progresses. Even filled a week to my interview. It was the one I filled last before my interview that was used. Do the correction and resend to KCC. They are humans, they know we are bound to make mistakes as long as we correct them for clarity, there is no wahals.remember to swear an affidavit for the name thing. Despite my many forms...the last one was Used and my visa was approved. Stay blessed.
ewhoma:
Thanks. I'v already done dt, found nothing similar to my case. Anyways, I'v resolved to having an affidavit of name hamonisation for my name, but I am not sure of what to do about d sch name's mistake I made. Thanks a lot for ur concern, God bless u. and I am female.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 1:45am On Aug 29, 2013
Freshie:

True, everyone married woman pls take note. You don't have to get another international passport, but you may have to carry your marriage certificate with your international passport for anything that requires your identification as the wife of your man. I have aunties that do that so I know it happens.

My wife and I decided personally to do a new one for her. Cheers! grin

But a forumite here advised otherwise --Kunlexymore-- He said they had to spend $300 in the states to get a change of name. Doing it here is cheaper. Note: I am not saying your wife can't use her maiden name, my point here is the cost implication. It's cheaper here in 9ja, so I'd rather it's done here before visa approved on the passports other than having to do it in the states when necessity demands. My take.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 1:55am On Aug 29, 2013
YessWeeCan: @damohreal, in addition to the above:
1. If you have facebook conversation print it out and take it along.
2. Approach your mobile network provider for copy of your call log. it is well with you.

I don't think option 2 is gonna work. Talking from experience. They will never divulge such information to you. Except law enforcement agents.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 7:00am On Aug 29, 2013
kevwe_flex:

I don't think option 2 is gonna work. Talking from experience. They will never divulge such information to you. Except law enforcement agents.
Oh really, but is it possible for her to get a cover letter from the law enforcement agency stating the purpose for the request, with an attached copy of the letter given to her by the CO. will this help? am just thinking aloud.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 7:01am On Aug 29, 2013
edimop: pls av bin tryin to register online,buh t keep telling me dat my password is weak,do I nid a new password for t
. U can use both alphabet and figure for the password. That wat i did for mine
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 7:38am On Aug 29, 2013
Option 2 is possible, all they have to present is a marriage certicate, a sworn affidavit of the intention, their sim packs to confirm they are the owners of the said phone lines and application letter for the request duly signed by the couple. It must be made clear that all they want is a print out of just the undersigned conversation because not all conversation will be printed, only the numbers noted and signed for. I wish them the best.
kevwe_flex:

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 7:58am On Aug 29, 2013
Yusmash00: You don't need to print the receipt because nobody will ask you for it but if it doesn't cost you anything printing it. Its OKAY. The fee will not be deduct immediately. It will take 2-3days before they deduct it and yes, its going to state case pending. Its doesn't mean since the payment is successful.
dis might b anoda case o, my own acount ws debited imidiately i submited it n d payment ws confirm also
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 9:23am On Aug 29, 2013
Leripa:

Tips:
Good luck.

Nice one,The house rent reciept sld do the magic.
but I'll also suggest u add ur wedding invitation card;
if u have any at hand. Succes is yours.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 9:32am On Aug 29, 2013
tolubillion: . U can use both alphabet and figure for the password. That wat i did for mine
alright........fenx,wil try again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by olanrewaju76: 10:28am On Aug 29, 2013
Good day guys, thank God for the Visa granted to me and my family. just preparing for our depature.

Please, how authentic is ETIHAD AIRLINE? Kindly share your experience with me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by olanrewaju76: 10:30am On Aug 29, 2013
Please house guys, educate me about WAKANOW.COM

Is it reliable? Kindly share your experience.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
olanrewaju76: Please house guys, educate me about WAKANOW.COM

Is it reliable? Kindly share your experience.
what state are you going to?
ETIHAD destinations are limited.
A good bet is EMIRATES. they are affordable too. www.emirates.com
I suggest you book a flight directly on the airline's website or office.
I could help you check the cost if you provide me info on the no of persons travelling, intended date of travel, destination(I.e state).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edojariogba: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
pls is dere anybody in the house who is in texas? pls i urgently need ur assistance on an issue
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
kevwe_flex:

But a forumite here advised otherwise --Kunlexymore-- He said they had to spend $300 in the states to get a change of name. Doing it here is cheaper. Note: I am not saying your wife can't use her maiden name, my point here is the cost implication. It's cheaper here in 9ja, so I'd rather it's done here before visa approved on the passports other than having to do it in the states when necessity demands. My take.

I think you have a very valid point there about the cost in the US.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
YessWeeCan: Oh really, but is it possible for her to get a cover letter from the law enforcement agency stating the purpose for the request, with an attached copy of the letter given to her by the CO. will this help? am just thinking aloud.

Yes it will. You would have to go to the police, the police will now get a letter from the IG via the CP. A letter or affidavit (I'm not sure of what it is now) from the court. The police will now have to go to the Telecoms themselves. All these process, my broda, will cost you money and time. I am talking from a personal experience. At some point, I was really disgusted in the whole process, but I had to go on because of what I needed it for. I am not discouraging you though. I am just telling you my experience.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
timimoyegun:

Nice one,The house rent reciept sld do the magic.
but I'll also suggest u add ur wedding invitation card;
if u have any at hand. Succes is yours.

That's what the VisaOfficer said. The link is showing there. You can check it out yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.