Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920243 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
OMG!!! Wow @roodboy congrats what a relief, am happy for u cheesy . @monsieursam64 thank God for ur safe trip, i wish u da very best, Stay safe. And to all those who had a safe trip to the states congrats, i say may the journey in which u av started be a success story. Those who are still waiting for interview goodluck, the lord is ya strength. Bye. 4 now.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hello house, thanks for the reply and clarifications to all my questions on here, please i will like to ask about job and work in the states, i am a graduate of English, and i have certificate in oracle database, ITIL it service management, Nigeria institute of management, project management and strategic management. I will like to ask what is the opportunity open to me to work in the states if the certificates will be valuable there in the states or i will have to run other professional exams in the states. Please i will like the house to enlighten me on this i will really appreciate how does work goes there in the states.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
danitee199:
Each person is to pay $165. You can pay at a goal for all on the uscis site
Please what webiste if one wants to pay online
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hi Forumities,

I need your guidance and advice for a leaglly married Female DV2014 selectee that just had a new baby in August and already received 2NL from KCC for interview in october 2014. Based on the letter from KCC, this was stated ("The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview").

The selectee desires to inform embassy ahead of time date & include the new baby as part of the beneficiaries. Please how do we contact the embassy & what information she needs to provide. The contact address provided in the letter was postal address (EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT,2 ELEKE CRESCENT,PO BOX 554,LAGOS,NIGERIA).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hi Forumities (Oct 2013)- Please disregard the previous one

I need your guidance and advice for a leaglly married Female DV2014 selectee that just had a new baby in August and already received 2NL from KCC for interview in october 2013. Based on the letter from KCC, this was stated ("The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview"wink.

The selectee desires to inform embassy ahead of time & include the new baby as part of the beneficiaries. Please how do we contact the embassy & what information she needs to provide. The contact address provided in the letter was postal address (EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT,2 ELEKE CRESCENT,PO BOX 554,LAGOS,NIGERIA).

For the Payment: Please advice on what currency is acceptable (Naira or US Dollar) & Do we pay ($330/person) at the embassy please.

Your kind response is highly appreciated.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by akingenge: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
G2Glory: Hi Forumities,

I need your guidance and advice for a leaglly married Female DV2014 selectee that just had a new baby in August and already received 2NL from KCC for interview in october 2014. Based on the letter from KCC, this was stated ("The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview"wink.

The selectee desires to inform embassy ahead of time date & include the new baby as part of the beneficiaries. Please how do we contact the embassy & what information she needs to provide. The contact address provided in the letter was postal address (EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT,2 ELEKE CRESCENT,PO BOX 554,LAGOS,NIGERIA).

At the time of the interview, the baby will need a passport, visa photos, DS-230, birth certificate, and medical report.

Someone will need to pay the visa fee for the baby, yes. The DS-230s are now obsolete, so the baby will need a DS-260. KCC will send you all the necessary information. Good luck

source: https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/28

hope this helps?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zillionnaire: 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hello forumites,pls I need your advice,the secondary school I attended in my ss2 dint hv gov clearance for waec so I had to join anode in my ss3 to write the waec.pls what would my testimonial say cos I went bck to d previous school and discovered it had been shut dwn.pls advice,tnks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Played the dv2014 but wasnt selectd in the may batch....any news on the october selection guys?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hello house, thanks for the reply and clarifications to all my questions on here, please i will like to ask about job and work in the states, i am a graduate of English, and i have certificate in oracle database, ITIL it service management, Nigeria institute of management, project management and strategic management. I will like to ask what is the opportunity open to me to work in the states if the certificates will be valuable there in the states or i will have to run other professional exams in the states. Please i will like the house to enlighten me on this i will really appreciate how does work goes there in the states.

please i need advice.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 11:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
G2Glory: Hi Forumities (Oct 2013)- Please disregard the previous one

I need your guidance and advice for a leaglly married Female DV2014 selectee that just had a new baby in August and already received 2NL from KCC for interview in october 2013. Based on the letter from KCC, this was stated ("The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview"wink.

The selectee desires to inform embassy ahead of time & include the new baby as part of the beneficiaries. Please how do we contact the embassy & what information she needs to provide. The contact address provided in the letter was postal address (EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT,2 ELEKE CRESCENT,PO BOX 554,LAGOS,NIGERIA).

For the Payment: Please advice on what currency is acceptable (Naira or US Dollar) & Do we pay ($330/person) at the embassy please.

Your kind response is highly appreciated.

@G2Glory, since u av ur 2NL any change or inquiries will av to go to the embassy\consular office interviewing as ur file has been transferred to them as soon as u were scheduled for interview. The next is that u send an email to the embassy at this address Lagosiv@state.gov informing them of the addition to ur family, they will respond after 24 to 48hrs informing u of what is expected of u to add the new baby to ur contingent for ur interview. Note u do not av to contact KCC anymore. Please use ur surname, date of birth n case number as reference in ur mail.
Good luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2013
Good People, Please i am so worried about the error on my GCE certificate date of birth, which carried all 7 credits i intends to submit at the embassy, instead of 1979 they put 1984, all my Civil Documents including my international Passport, NPC birth certificate and my SSEC Waec certificate (which of cos is bad), shows 1979 as date of birth. I went to waec and they said it will take at least 1 year before they can rectify this error, i believe i don't have that time cos my case no. should be current for November, I have sworn an affidavit to back it up should in case they ask for it. I just want to hear from you people that have experience concerning this, if i am on a safe side or you have any suggestion which will help. Thanks...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 10:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Pls, what documents will dv selectee who is self employed be required to take along for visa lottery interview to prove that he is truly self employed?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Delphne(f): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hello I'm a Ghanaian female medical student in Russia..I would love it if u guys could help me because I'm very confused..My case number is 2014AF00015XXX and I would be going for my interview in Moscow... i want to know when im current..I posted my DS 230 & DS 122 last week when i was on vacation in Ghana and I made the petitioner me like I've seen on many forums but then I forgot to add my barcode sheet will that affect my case..Also I haven't heard anything from them yet..will I need my birth certificate during the interview,do I also need a police report from Ghana since I've been living in Russia for 3 years now and when should I expect my 2nd NL..My WASSCE results has my name wrongly spelt but i have an affidavit to show im the same person..I also got a new biometric passport in Ghana but i applied with the old one although I have them both attached I'm still kinda worried...I know I'm rambling I'm so sorry..just confused!!PLEASSSSSEEEE HELP
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
XYZZ: Good People, Please i am so worried about the error on my GCE certificate date of birth, which carried all 7 credits i intends to submit at the embassy, instead of 1979 they put 1984, all my Civil Documents including my international Passport, NPC birth certificate and my SSEC Waec certificate (which of cos is bad), shows 1979 as date of birth. I went to waec and they said it will take at least 1 year before they can rectify this error, i believe i don't have that time cos my case no. should be current for November, I have sworn an affidavit to back it up should in case they ask for it. I just want to hear from you people that have experience concerning this, if i am on a safe side or you have any suggestion which will help. Thanks...

please put ur mind at rest, carry along ur sworn affidavit to the interview and present it only if they ask you questions about the discrepancy as most times this things are not noticed. If observed and raised ur explanation, ur affidavit and other documents bearing ur correct age will swing whatever reserve they have in ur favor. Note that they know and see a lot of such and similar mistakes regularly so as not to dwell too much on it or make a big deal about it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
abiodunraufu: Pls, what documents will dv selectee who is self employed be required to take along for visa lottery interview to prove that he is truly self employed?

I do not think they ask you to prove or give identity on where you work unless ur application is based on skill and work experience. from testimonies on the forum when people are asked about their work and employers, none has been told to provide proof that they are employed in the organisation or business they lay claim to be part of, they only ask question concerning ur experience and knowledge of what u claim to be involve in. Has anyone seen otherwise?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Delph_ne: Hello I'm a Ghanaian female medical student in Russia..I would love it if u guys could help me because I'm very confused..My case number is 2014AF00015XXX and I would be going for my interview in Moscow... i want to know when im current..I posted my DS 230 & DS 122 last week when i was on vacation in Ghana and I made the petitioner me like I've seen on many forums but then I forgot to add my barcode sheet will that affect my case..Also I haven't heard anything from them yet..will I need my birth certificate during the interview,do I also need a police report from Ghana since I've been living in Russia for 3 years now and when should I expect my 2nd NL..My WASSCE results has my name wrongly spelt but i have an affidavit to show im the same person..I also got a new biometric passport in Ghana but i applied with the old one although I have them both attached I'm still kinda worried...I know I'm rambling I'm so sorry..just confused!!PLEASSSSSEEEE HELP

Hi Delph, congratulations on ur selection, please check Dv 2013 visa bulletin and compare it with the visa bulletins so far for 2014 to give you a rough idea of when u are likely to be current for 2014. I advise that you email a copy of your bar code to KCC explaining ur mistake with your names, date of birth and case number. Note that KCC will not get in touch with you unless they require further information from you, but you can make inquiries on ur application after two weeks of delivery either by email or phone. The sworn affidavit on mistake on ur result is okay and a new passport is okay as you are expected to present an e passport that is six months or more from expiration. you will need a police character certificate from both Ghana and Russia, which must have been done not more than six months from your interview date. yes u also need ur birth certificate or birth attestation for ur interview. God's favor to u.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Delphne(f): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
candytos:

Hi Delph, congratulations on ur selection, please check Dv 2013 visa bulletin and compare it with the visa bulletins so far for 2014 to give you a rough idea of when u are likely to be current for 2014. I advise that you email a copy of your bar code to KCC explaining ur mistake with your names, date of birth and case number. Note that KCC will not get in touch with you unless they require further information from you, but you can make inquiries on ur application after two weeks of delivery either by email or phone. The sworn affidavit on mistake on ur result is okay and a new passport is okay as you are expected to present an e passport that is six months or more from expiration. you will need a police character certificate from both Ghana and Russia, which must have been done not more than six months from your interview date. yes u also need ur birth certificate or birth attestation for ur interview. God's favor to u.

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH CANDY..IM GIVING U THE BIGGEST VIRTUAL HUG RIGHT NOW...AMEN AND GOD BLESS YOU TOO
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Delph_ne:

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH CANDY..IM GIVING U THE BIGGEST VIRTUAL HUG RIGHT NOW...AMEN AND GOD BLESS YOU TOO

u welcome
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Roodboy: this Poem is for you, Enjoy!!!

At night you lie awake,
the covers pulled up tight.
A noise outside your window,
leaves you in a state of fright.
What frightens you, what do you fear,
what holds your heartbeat still.
Ghosts, monsters or other forces,
is this what they instill?
It's not the lack of sleep you fear
it's what is coming next!

Congratulation Roodboy, i was very happy when Junkerhill called me from Lagos to give me the news. go live your American dream my brother, the party rice go dey ready by December see you in the US of A.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
i just got this email from state.gove:

You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

but when i went back to check, the 1NL was all i could see.... meaning the 2NL will land soon?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks so much, much appreciated... I am so happy for your respond. Big up
candytos:

please put ur mind at rest, carry along ur sworn affidavit to the interview and present it only if they ask you questions about the discrepancy as most times this things are not noticed. If observed and raised ur explanation, ur affidavit and other documents bearing ur correct age will swing whatever reserve they have in ur favor. Note that they know and see a lot of such and similar mistakes regularly so as not to dwell too much on it or make a big deal about it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
XYZZ: i just got this email from state.gove:

You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

but when i went back to check, the 1NL was all i could see.... meaning the 2NL will land soon?
Yeah. Meaning they'v already sent it, its just our network. Just keep checking, it will inevitably pop up. Congrats. Go collect that visa, its urs!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
Guys pls i want to knw sumtin...if nigeria isnt eligible 4 2015,can sumbody 4rm the U.S play 4 you putting nigeria as ur nationality??...pls i need urgent and authentic answers
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dear DV2013 forum members who have received their visas and those already in the US,
We knw u probably busy arranging ur journey 2 d US and those already in d US confronted wit challenges of settling down fast in d US
BUT,pls dnt FORSAKE us(DV2014) N̲̣̣̥o̶̲̥̅̊w̶̲̥̅̊ that 2NL letters have started dropping it is expected that selectees will start coming up wit issues than before.
Pls dnt be tired 2 give us ur invaluable contributions at resolving the issues.
May God bless you all
Thank u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
gudday fellow forumites. after booking a flight with emirate and paying the said amount on thier website they later sent me a mail after 3days that i under paid. pls those in the house with flight experience i want to knw if this will affect my flight booking in anyway.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
giddadon: Guys pls i want to knw sumtin...if nigeria isnt eligible 4 2015,can sumbody 4rm the U.S play 4 you putting nigeria as ur nationality??...pls i need urgent and authentic answers

Sure! Have 2 friend that won, they play 4 Dem 4rm Yankee..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
tycoon77:

Sure! Have 2 friend that won, they play 4 Dem 4rm Yankee..
Yes cos at that time Nigeria was still eligible.Read his question again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 4:01am On Sep 14, 2013
Hello house,
KCC already sent me 2NL,
Pls hw do I notify them on "change of job"?
Though I got the new job before they sent me d 2NL.
Pls enlighten me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:51am On Sep 14, 2013
gokman4u: Hello house,
KCC already sent me 2NL,
Pls hw do I notify them on "change of job"?
Though I got the new job before they sent me d 2NL.
Pls enlighten me.
u re gd to go, u dnt need to bother urself abt d chng of job its even a plus al what u need to do is to arrangd al necesary doc and be ready to xplain to d CO wen he or she ask u abt ur job dt is wen u can explain in details.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 5:42am On Sep 14, 2013
baba ajala: gudday fellow forumites. after booking a flight with emirate and paying the said amount on thier website they later sent me a mail after 3days that i under paid. pls those in the house with flight experience i want to knw if this will affect my flight booking in anyway.
it will if u don't pay the shortfall. call their Lagos office and the will let you know the amount. I had the same issue when I booked for my brother.
The problem was that I booked through their call centre because the intended date of travel was less than a week. They told me how much to pay in naira and when I got to the bank, I was asked to state the amount I want to pay in dollars. I called their office again and was told the amount so the bank calculated it using the exchange rate for that day. That was how I got to pay less.
A day later we got a call informing us of the disparity. We went and paid.
Like I said earlier, call them and get the amount you have yo balance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2013
House. Pls, how much is Medicals for a family of six at Children Practice?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 11:19am On Sep 14, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.