Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,238 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922950 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by exteababa(m): 11:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
olivialuv: Hi fellow forunite , I am one of Dv 2014. Winner, pls house it is possible to do my medical and police report less than a week before interview cos me schedule is really tight to get out of work . Pls any info is will be useful to enable me plan well . Thanks

You can do your medical on a saturday (if u dnt work n weekends) but a week to your interview might be risky, try two weeks and your police report anytime b4 d imterview, police report doesnt take time.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
candytos:

Fill another one on line ( I mean that page), print it write ur case number on it then scan it and send it via email to KCC explaining ur error in the earlier sent forms. Ensure u use ur Surname, date of birth n case number as reference in ur mail to KCC. Then wait for an acknowledgment from them.
thanks for your response, you are great, really appreciate. I'm also thinking of calling them or mailing first.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 12:14am On Sep 17, 2013
But I'm confused great people. Pls where are we not going to sign until the interview day? Is it the item 45 on ds-230 part II page4of4 or dsp-122 page2of2 where they wrote SIGNED STATEMENT? Pls kindly help it is urgent. Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 3:42am On Sep 17, 2013
Daudsmart: But I'm confused great people. Pls where are we not going to sign until the interview day? Is it the item 45 on ds-230 part II page4of4 or dsp-122 page2of2 where they wrote SIGNED STATEMENT? Pls kindly help it is urgent. Thanks.
Yes, the place not to be signed nor write anything on until ur interview day is Ds-230, item45, part II. Every writting, signing and ticking. On ds-230 stops @item 44.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 4:02am On Sep 17, 2013
candytos:

Fill another one on line ( I mean that page), print it write ur case number on it then scan it and send it via email to KCC explaining ur error in the earlier sent forms. Ensure u use ur Surname, date of birth n case number as reference in ur mail to KCC. Then wait for an acknowledgment from them.
I tried filling another of the dsp-122 and ds-230 forms yesterday so as to correct my mistakes, but to my utter surprise, the forms can't be filled on d system after download. Has anyone tried filling it b4 printing out recently pls?[color=#770077][/color]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2013
ewhoma:
I tried filling another of the dsp-122 and ds-230 forms yesterday so as to correct my mistakes, but to my utter surprise, the forms can't be filled on d system after download. Has anyone tried filling it b4 printing out recently pls?[color=#770077][/color]
u can type on the form by opening it with microsoft word
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 8:31am On Sep 17, 2013
Daudsmart: But I'm confused great people. Pls where are we not going to sign until the interview day? Is it the item 45 on ds-230 part II page4of4 or dsp-122 page2of2 where they wrote SIGNED STATEMENT? Pls kindly help it is urgent. Thanks.
read the instruction in the ds forms it is boldly written there that you will sign that part in front of the consular on the interview day. item 45 or so in ds 230 form. and that is the only place you are not to sign

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2013
candytos:

@ YessWeCan,
UWC
1. If u book a six months return ticket u must av a return date within that 6months on the ticket, which u can change to any date within that 6months at a cost of about 150 to 200USD not sure again. I do not believe that ASU strike will be up to or over 6months.
2. NASU strike or not u can go to ur university with someone reliable to put everything in motion for ur transcript n the person follows up when u are gone n NASU calls of their strike ensuring he gets ur transcript posted to the organisation evaluating it or getting it to u.
Good luck with ur decision
Good enough bro i do appreciate, i also learnt i could leave the return open within this period, this way i'll avoid the extra charge resulting from changed date. this is interesting!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 9:37am On Sep 17, 2013
ewhoma:
Yes, the place not to be signed nor write anything on until ur interview day is Ds-230, item45, part II. Every writting, signing and ticking. On ds-230 stops @item 44.
Thanks for the response, you are wonderful. Really appreciate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2013
baba ajala: read the instruction in the ds forms it is boldly written there that you will sign that part in front of the consular on the interview day. item 45 or so in ds 230 form. and that is the only place you are not to sign
thanks bro. Your wonderful,God bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 10:56am On Sep 17, 2013
good day my people pls i dnt understand page
1of2 dsp122 NO2 which says RANK ORDER
NUMBER
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2013
akintunde95: good day my people pls i dnt understand page
1of2 dsp122 NO2 which says RANK ORDER
NUMBER
That is your case number. Write it there! Good luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yemmafat(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
medical so expensive, just called the hospital and they said 31k for adult and that i should hold like 35k for my son... na wa o.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
XYZZ: medical so expensive, just called the hospital and they said 31k for adult and that i should hold like 35k for my son... na wa o.
Please which of the hospital did you call to get this info,thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
GUYS, PLS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE PROCESS AND MAYBE EVEN TRAVELED TO THE US, WAS ANYTHING SENT TO THE MAIL ADDRESS U PRESENTED IN NO3 OF DSP-122 PART I MAYBE BEFORE OR AFTER UR INTERVIEW OR ANYTIME AT ALL? KINDLY RESPOND PLS.....ANYONE.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
ewhoma: GUYS, PLS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE PROCESS AND MAYBE EVEN TRAVELED TO THE US, WAS ANYTHING SENT TO THE MAIL ADDRESS U PRESENTED IN NO3 OF DSP-122 PART I MAYBE BEFORE OR AFTER UR INTERVIEW OR ANYTIME AT ALL? KINDLY RESPOND PLS.....ANYONE.
KCC will never mail anything to your address.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
XYZZ: medical so expensive, just called the hospital and they said 31k for adult and that i should hold like 35k for my son... na wa o.

you may not spend up to this, cos I spent 20k for my self and 20k for my wife with breakdown as 12k for the check up and 8k for two vaccines that the doctor recommended for us to collect. My 6yr old son paid 25k for check up and 3 vaccines, while my 4yr old son paid about 33k (cannot remember again) for check up and 5 vaccines.
note the check up is 12k, while the vaccines is the variable and can be as high as 50k depending on number and type of vaccines u are recommended to take.
Stay blessed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
Thanks so much, if i may ask, which hospital did you use?
candytos:

you may not spend up to this, cos I spent 20k for my self and 20k for my wife with breakdown as 12k for the check up and 8k for two vaccines that the doctor recommended for us to collect. My 6yr old son paid 25k for check up and 3 vaccines, while my 4yr old son paid about 33k (cannot remember again) for check up and 5 vaccines.
note the check up is 12k, while the vaccines is the variable and can be as high as 50k depending on number and type of vaccines u are recommended to take.
Stay blessed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
Izyy: ....continue Co:what is haber process Me:i answered Co:why are u filing with ur Neco result,where is ur Waec me:i brought it out. Co:what was ur last semester in school. Me:....Co:why is the name franklin on ur mail...is that ur name Me:yea, Co:if u tell lies, u will be disqualified. Me:i brought my infant baptismal card and gave it to him. Co:there is no legal proof to this,he dropt it.after all the drilling,he ended it up by saying,congratulations your visa has been approved.i also told i wanted to change my POE of which he accepted and the change was effected.finally i want to say a big thanks to GOD first who made it possible and then to all the members of nairaland who contributed immersely to this success story.GOD BLESS U ALL!
u mean u are selected in the second draw?oct i will be selected by the grace of God. Amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
I missed my house. Its bin a while now. I will be jettin out via qatar airline to pennsylvania in less than 48hrs. Will give you details of my travel experience and experience at POE. Stay connected to d house. GENLION still reportin frm LAGOS NG. Tank u

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
hello genlion please how did you get the flight via Qatar airline to Pennsylvania because i know on their website they have just three destination and how much is the flight.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zeleez: 12:57am On Sep 18, 2013
Plz i hv NPC birth certificate from NPC office in my local government but the certificate is filled with ordinary pen not typed. am i good to go wit it like dat. Let me hear from u people and knw if i wil go for new one
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 1:01am On Sep 18, 2013
Zeleez: Plz i hv NPC birth certificate from NPC office in my local government but the certificate is filled with ordinary pen not typed. am i good to go wit it like dat. Let me hear from u people and knw if i wil go for new one
Is the Affidavit of declaration of age attached to it? If NO. You have to get another one attached with the affidavit.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zeleez: 5:46am On Sep 18, 2013
[quote
author=Yusmash00] Is the Affidavit of declaration of age attached to
it? If NO. You have to get another one attached with the affidavit.
[/quote]

Thanks
wat if i swear an affidavit and attach it to the existin NPC certificate, is it not ok?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 6:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Zeleez:

Thanks
wat if i swear an affidavit and attach it to the existin NPC certificate, is it not ok?
No, The Affidavit will be stated on the NPC certificate including the name of the court & the date of the declaration.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Zeleez: Plz i hv NPC birth certificate from NPC office in my local government but the certificate is filled with ordinary pen not typed. am i good to go wit it like dat. Let me hear from u people and knw if i wil go for new one

You don't have problem with the certificate, that is how is normally filled. You don't need to do any affidavit if you are using NPC Certificate. But if you are using NPC birth attestation, you will need affidavit from high court.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2013
House Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaise the lord?
Lord is good all the tyme.....Hahahah, God was so do wonderful thins in my life, let us jst be doin gud becuse I c mercy of God durin my intview....

My first intview was in (july 10th 2013) I got 2 the embassy around 6.20am and we do all the security check and we march in 2 the main intview hall, I sat down @ the front of window 14, I was lookin hw he was intviewn pple and I was also preyin dat he shld be the one 2 intview me and i thanx God my number was flash frm window 14..

Me: Good morning sir?
Co: Good morning.
Me: hw was ur 9ite sir?
Co: fine and urs?
Me: fine sir.
Co: are you the one sent ds form 2 kcc?
Me: yes sir.
Co: ok, pls sign on ur form.
Me: I do.
Co: pls take oath.
Co: pls ur finger print.
Co: are you the one inside ds picture?
Co: No, you are not the one.
Me: am the one sir.
Co: ok, pls wait, let me show one of our staff?
Me: ok sir... he showed one lady beside him and the lady said No I was not the one and he gave me one paper 4 denied...ds is wat is inside the paper below>

Ds office regrets to inform u dat it's unable to issue a visa to u becuse u've been found ineligible. After careful review of ur application, it has been determined dat u filled out the application incorrectly. You are therefore not eligible to participate in the DV program.

I"ll got home with bad mood, I deside 2 inform my lawyer and she said we shld appeal.

The first mail my lawyer sent 2 america embassy, ds is deir response below>

Thanx u 4 ur email regardin d diversity visa application 4 (Abiola A. Onala). Accordin to our records, ds case is closeed, his original DV lottery entry was not properly filled in conformance with the rules and regulation of d DV program. He is thefore ineligible 4 a DV visa.
The Diversity visa lottery does not allow 4 refusal appeal. The refusal by a consular officer cannot be overtumed. We regret dat our response cannot be more positive.

My lawyer reply dem again dat dey shld point out were the applicant isn't filled properly...Ds is deir respond below>

We av reviewd the photos in ds case and can assure u dat he was not disqualified becuse of his haircut. That only a minor discrepancy among several in the two photo. Howrever. If ur client would like to return to us 4 one more review, we will be glad to see him again. He shld bring d photo he originally submitted to kcc with him, along with his academic credentials.
Dat said, if he can show dat he is the same pson, we will be glad to take anoda look @ his case. Is he available Monday, August 5, at 9:am

Wen america sent the secord appointment intview, my lawyer missed it and she beg 4 anoda reshedule and dey nw fix us anoda appointment (sep 10th 2013).

I"ll got 2 the embassy around 6:00am, wen I got 2 the intview hall my name was called by window 13 and she said ashld go 2 room 9, wen I got dere, I was intview by two ladies.

Me: gud morning ma?
Co: gud morning.
Me: pls were is ur academic & previous photo.
Me: I gave dem.
Co: pls sign here.
Co: are you twins?
Me: No ma.
Co: pls take finger print.
Co: were did u wrk.
Me: blueline urban project.
Co: hw many yrs u've been wrkin with blueline.
Me: 4yrs ma.
Co: why ur current passport and previous pasport look diff.
Me: I explain.( Two police men enter the room and started lookin @ my pic)
Co: we av cross check all ur doc and we c dat ur (GCE) does not upto 5credit....the police men nw said is more dan 5credit.
Co: ok. Pls go and sit back @ the main hall.
Me: ok ma...(I left the room).

In next 55secords my name was called and dey granted me and dey apology 4 the pic.

God be the glory..

Note: those 2014, u guys shld make sure dat the previous pic and the current passport shld look the same...

I'll was the one dat make a mistake frm the day one, I didn't knw dat I used growin hair 2 applyed DV in 2011 and I didn't even fast or pray b4 I left home, I jst went like dat jst becuse all my tot is dat I knew most question dey used 2 ask pple becuse av gader a lot of experience here but my secord intview I fast & prayer everyday...I really thanx God, he take control dat veryday.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2013
rood boy: House Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaise the lord?
Lord is good all the tyme.....Hahahah, God was so do wonderful thins in my life, let us jst be doin gud becuse I c mercy of God durin my intview....

My first intview was in (july 10th 2013) I got 2 the embassy around 6.20am and we do all the security check and we march in 2 the main intview hall, I sat down @ the font of window 14, I was lookin hw he was intviewn pple and I was also preyin dat he shld be the one 2 intview me and i thanx God my number was flash frm window 14..

Me: ok sir... he showed one lady beside him and the lady said No I was not the one and
and what?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2013
XYZZ: Thanks so much, if i may ask, which hospital did you use?
Sorry not been on since yesterday, the hospital is children n consultant practice at Raymond Njoku Ikoyi Lagos.
Cheers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2013
rood boy: House Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaise the lord?

My first intview was in (july 10th 2013) I got 2 the embassy around 6.20am and we do all the security check and we march in 2 the main intview hall, I sat down @ the font of window 14, I was lookin hw he was intviewn pple and I was also preyin dat he shld be the one 2 intview me and i thanx God my number was flash frm window 14..

Me: ok sir... he showed one lady beside him and the lady said No I was not the one and

Pls what happened next
Part 2 now;

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.