Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? (3314 Views)

Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? / Czech President Impeached For State Pardon / Why Isn't CNN Reporting The Recent Acorn Scandal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
Big B1:

This is what I think:

It is obvious that Bush's opponent refuses to impeach Bush not because he's unimpeachable, but simply to protect the image and future of United States.
Impeaching Bush at this point has enormous punitive damages than being advantageous to the image of America to the outsiders (who also crave for her downfall).
This is also why leadership standard in United States is untouchable. The oppositions are not only thinking about selves or today; they are more concerned about the future of the great image of the United States of America. And they clearly understand that carrying out an impeachment process for President Bush could result into a major impractical collapse of the great country.

If Bush gets impeached successfully:
It will also give a solid premise to successfully try president Bush for War crime.
American president being considered or tried for war crime will send a wrong message, which will further capacitate the stamina of the enemies.

I truly believe that this is the main reason why Bush must be left alone to finish his despicable and disreputable term.

That has no bearing to REALITY, If you Notice, his Approval RATING has been at real low for about a year now, IF he was impeachable, the image which you claim has already been damaged considering the situation in the world we live in today.

Last November, many people went to the polls to vote the democrats on the fact that they promised to IMPEACH BUSH, but so far, they have found out that it is easier said than done, why?? I doubt america's image has any thing to do with it my friend.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2007
You totally missed the point.

At the moment, it's all good as long as President Bush's approval rating remains internal problem (inside United States). What they don't want is to build a solid case for the outsiders to consider prosecuting President Bush for war crime.
And there isn't any perfect premise for war crime prosecution than impeaching president Bush.

In order for America to retain her mighty status around the world, they rather deal with Bush behind the scene when the time is right.

But for now, and for the sake of the future of American Image, IMPEACHMENT remains out of question.

It isn't about anybody, it's about protecting the image of United State of America.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2007
You guys will see how many books (revealing the deep secret) that will be released to the public when the time is right (after the end of Bush's term, when it won't matter what the outsiders think of Bush).

Bush will be dealt with by Americans, but only at the right time. This is also one of the main reasons why Bush is so obsessed in discovering a perfect strategy to finish on top.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2007
Big B1:

At the moment, it's all good as long as President Bush's approval rating remains internal problem (inside United States). What they don't want is to build a solid case for the outsiders to consider prosecuting President Bush for war crime.
And there isn't any perfect premise for war crime prosecution than impeaching president Bush.

In order for America to retain her mighty status around the world, they rather deal with Bush behind the scene when the time is right.

But for now, and for the sake of the future of American Image, IMPEACHMENT remains out of question.

It isn't about anybody, it's about protecting the image of United State of America.

enjoy your brief stay in utopia. Who are the "outsiders" who would be waiting to prosecute George Bush for "war crimes"? grin
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2007
President Bush is not worried about impeachment or Iraq war, he's more concerned with the history his government will be leaving. Hence, capturing Osama at the right time might not be a bad idea.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2007
Big B1:

I think you still miss the point. Be he a president or not, not impeaching him does not prevent any outside from prosecuting him if there was really had grounds to do so. Image wise, what is worse?? that the world already sees the chaos in the house today with the two sides disagreeing on most everything?? you mean the world has missed all the division that got furious people to vote the democrats in last November?? Not a single person has been able to produce a reason to impeach him that is the reason. SURE people have called over and over for impeachment but you have to have a case to go ahead with it and I am sure many americans have considered doing that and have failed cause they have come to see they really do not have a case.

Now, if you are seriously considering image, that did not stop america for calling for Clinton's impeachment, did it ??
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2007
Big B1:

You guys will see how many books (revealing the deep secret) that will be released to the public when the time is right (after the end of Bush's term, when it won't matter what the outsiders think of Bush).

Bush will be dealt with by Americans, but only at the right time. This is also one of the main reasons why Bush is so obsessed in discovering a perfect strategy to finish on top.

You mean the books that are now available are not doing a great job at that?? )Please do not believe everything you read, do your own research too. There are tons of books out there about the man before bush that contain information that are yet to be confirmed. Why would books about so called SECRETS make a difference

Contrary to what you think, people who go around calling for impeachment are not really in the majority and those outsiders you speak of have tried over and over and are yet to get anywhere now that he is a president, do you think they will have a chance when he is done?? How many past presidents have you known to have been touched by these so called outsiders??
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Ndipe(m): 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
It amazes me that some Nigerians back home are sweating it out over American policies while, (perhaps) ignoring the domestic policies in their backyard. Even if Bush is impeached or not @the poster, how will it affect your own life?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by texazzpete(m): 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2007
Asking the US senate to impeach Bush because he has 'dragged the US economy in the mud' is akin to asking the Nigerian Senate to impeach yar 'Adua because he has failed to solve Nigeria's power crisis.

forget all that tripe of illegal invasion of Iraq. The war was approved in the US senate and the House, so where's the impeachable offense committed by Bush.

An interesting fact. if an alien were to land on earth and visit Nairaland, he'd instantly think that George Bush was the president of Nigeria. So many threads in this section dedicated to a foreign president.

if only some of you people would at least acknowledge that 50 people died in Somalia last week, tens of thousands die monthly from malaria in Africa, terrorists slay women and children in Darfur. But no, it's far more sensationalist to talk about Bush, abi?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Ndipe(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2007
Not just sensationalists, but I think the posters of this "Bush question" are probably trying to 'feel among' those who associate international politics with intelligence. I mean, why dont you brainstorm on issues that can positively impact a Nigerian citizen and leave American politics to her citizens who, if they were fed up of the president would demand for his impeachment. Or would an American, domiciled in their home country show a keen interest on the affairs of Nigeria?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2007
Ndipe:

Not just sensationalists, but I think the posters of this "Bush question" are probably trying to 'feel among' those who associate international politics with intelligence. I mean, why don't you brainstorm on issues that can positively impact a Nigerian citizen and leave American politics to her citizens who, if they were fed up of the president would demand for his impeachment. Or would an American, domiciled in their home country show a keen interest on the affairs of Nigeria?

LMAO!!!!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2007
How many Americans even know Yar Adua? Bush didnt consider Yar Adua important enough to attend his inauguration . . . that alone shld speak volumes of how important America considers Nigerian politics (of course oil aside).
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by debosky(m): 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2007
Bush's attendance is of no consequence to me or to Nigeria. . .I remember all the security planning around Clinton's last visit - it would take all the focus over the real even happening and make it all about Bush.

Whether he comes or not is really immaterial - they have interests in the country economically, beyond that. . .the African heads of State who attended are far more important - Mbeki, Kuffuor, Gbabo and Zenawi were there. . .more than good enough.

There were no non-African heads of state involved, so it would be odd if Bush had attended anyways.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Ndipe(m): 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2007
Oil and 419. Can you believe that CNN is still running the episode, "How to rob a bank"? I saw it on Television this morning. Talk of an overkill!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by mrpataki(m): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2007
Ndipe:

Not just sensationalists, but I think the posters of this "Bush question" are probably trying to 'feel among' those who associate international politics with intelligence. I mean, why don't you brainstorm on issues that can positively impact a Nigerian citizen and leave American politics to her citizens who, if they were fed up of the president would demand for his impeachment. Or would an American, domiciled in their home country show a keen interest on the affairs of Nigeria?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I wonder oh! A well thinking American in America is pondering on how he can turn his/her idea into a reality, a Nigerian in Nigeria is thinking of impeaching Bush Something is wrong with us logically! undecided

Well said! People like Afam, will never listen to your logical point of reasoning. I wonder when his ''eka ile'' (local ant) will begin to bite him for his yansh cheesy All this his ferreting for errors with Bush administration is stupid to me, when there are better things he can spend his time doing for the nation.

What penal offence has Bush committed for an impeachment to be moved against him?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2007
Being interested in the US is not inherently bad,people have interests in subjects they have no stake in-sports,history,TV entertainment,e.t.c.If we were to restrict our interests to things we had a stake in,life will be incredibly dull.

What grates with me is the shocking lack of perspective.People discuss these events with a fervor that lacks any sense of context.Big B1,who defends IBB,is always up in arms about any malfeasance in the US political circles.Afam,who thinks OBJ was a good President,is a rabid Bush hater and virulently anti-American.Tornadoz thinks Israel is the worst nation on earth,worse than Sudan,N.Korea,DRC Congo,e.t.c.

My view is,if you are going to be up in arms about NSA wiretapping,maybe the assasination of Dele Giwa might move you to dislike IBB.If you think Haditha undermines US moral credibility,then how come you are seemingly unmoved by the Odi massacres and still think OBJ was a good President?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2007
debosky:

Bush's attendance is of no consequence to me or to Nigeria. . .I remember all the security planning around Clinton's last visit - it would take all the focus over the real even happening and make it all about Bush.

Whether he comes or not is really immaterial - they have interests in the country economically, beyond that. . .the African heads of State who attended are far more important - Mbeki, Kuffuor, Gbabo and Zenawi were there. . .more than good enough.

There were no non-African heads of state involved, so it would be odd if Bush had attended anyways.

Lets not decieve ourselves in the name of pan-africanism. Of what importance are those "heads of state" to Nigeria? Gbagbo? Kuffour? Mbeki? The same people enacting stringent visa rules for Nigerians? pls give me a break!
If Nigeria's economy is to become one of the largest by the yr 2020 (Yar Asleep's pet dream) then we definitely need the West and not the likes of Gbagbo.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2007
the African heads of State who attended are far more important - Mbeki, Kuffuor, Gbabo and Zenawi were there. . .more than good enough.

Gbabo "runs" half of a war torn country,Zenawi is the dictator of a famine ridden country,Kuffuor is President of a country whose economy is 1/8th of ours,only Mbeki could be described as important,but only just.The rest have little or no trading links with Nigeria
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 12:24am On Nov 13, 2007
boys will always be boys, while men remain men.

It amazes me how folks are so quick to determine what affects one's life and what doesn't.
This is politics and also my choice of topic, if you have nothing to say, you should just move on to other interesting topics. It is absolutely not by force.

But please, don't come here dictating what topic I should be posting and don't you be fooled by Ajegunle boys high school.

The main idea of this topic is to compare the standard of leadership role in United States to our own Nigerian standard, but folks are too dull and callow to figure it out.
The topic doesn't have to spell things out at all time.

May God bless Nigeria!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Nov 13, 2007
Big B1:

boys will always be boys, while men remain men.

It amazes me how folks are so quick to determine what affects one's life and what doesn't.
This is politics and also my choice of topic, if you have nothing to say, you should just move on to other interesting topics. It is absolutely not by force.

But please, don't come here dictating what topic I should be posting and don't you be fooled by Ajegunle boys high school.

The main idea of this topic is to compare the standard of leadership role in United States to our own Nigerian standard, but folks are too dull and callow to figure it out.
The topic doesn't have to spell things out at all time.

May God bless Nigeria!

Are you for REAL? @BB1 , I can not even believe a sane person can make such a statement as the one you just did there, WOW!!! COMPARE THE STANDARD OF LEADERSHIP IN UNITED STATES TO OUR OWN NIGERIAN STANDARD?? OH MY GOSH!! Where in this whole thread did you even try doing that yourself?? @BB1, Please show us,
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 12:42am On Nov 13, 2007
This is what I think:

It is obvious that Bush's opponent refuses to impeach Bush not because he's unimpeachable, but simply to protect the image and future of United States.
Impeaching Bush at this point has enormous punitive damages than being advantageous to the image of America to the outsiders (who also crave for her downfall).
This is also why leadership standard in United States is untouchable. The oppositions are not only thinking about selves or today; they are more concerned about the future of the great image of the United States of America. And they clearly understand that carrying out an impeachment process for President Bush could result into a major impractical collapse of the great country.

It will also give a solid premise to successfully try president Bush for War crime.
American president being considered or tried for war crime will send a wrong message, which will further capacitate the stamina of the enemies.

I truly believe that this is the main reason why Bush must be left alone to finish his despicable and disreputable term.

Our Leaders in Nigeria do not think this way.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 12:53am On Nov 13, 2007
unlike Nigeria where leaders are lost, incompetent, closed-fisted, visionless, desecrated, gullible, stupid, contemptible, inattentive, goalless etc.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Ndipe(m): 1:16am On Nov 13, 2007
This is what I think:

Ndipe's comment

And Nixon was untouchable, Bigb1? Or are you just making up this unfounded stories to initiate some controversy on the board?

PS: How can I insert one's post into my comment instead of copying and pasting?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Mariory(m): 1:16am On Nov 13, 2007
@McKren
The truth is NOT what you choose to believe. The truth might not be what you want it to be but, the truth is always the truth!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by debosky(m): 1:24am On Nov 13, 2007
Big B1:

unlike Nigeria where leaders are lost, incompetent, closed-fisted, visionless, desecrated, gullible, stupid, contemptible, inattentive, goalless etc.

including daddy IBB right? grin grin

@ Ndipe

when you try to post a new reply on the new reply page, scroll down till you find the post you want to quote, then click on 'insert quote' on the right side of the post.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Nov 13, 2007
WHen you click to reply , scroll down and click INSERT QUOTE next to the comment you would like to insert into your post
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 1:32am On Nov 13, 2007
Ndipe must be a mechanic.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 1:40am On Nov 13, 2007
including daddy IBB right?

@debosky:
You tell me!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 2:46am On Nov 13, 2007
White House ordered to preserve all e-mail

Judge orders White House to safeguard all e-mail
Administration had argued against keeping all e-mail
Groups argue White House violated law when e-mail destroyed
Five million messages are missing, groups allege

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A federal judge Monday ordered the White House to preserve copies of all its e-mails, a move that Bush administration lawyers had argued strongly against.

A judge ordered the White House to keep copies of all e-mails.

U.S. District Judge Henry Kennedy directed the Executive Office of the President to safeguard the material in response to two lawsuits that seek to determine whether the White House has destroyed e-mails in violation of federal law.

In response, the White House said it has been taking steps to preserve copies of all e-mails and will continue to do so. The administration is seeking dismissal of the lawsuits brought by two private groups, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive.

The organizations allege the disappearance of 5 million White House e-mails. The court order issued by Kennedy, an appointee of President Clinton, is directed at maintaining backup tapes which contain copies of White House e-mails.

The Federal Records Act details strict standards prohibiting the destruction of government documents including electronic messages, unless first approved by the archivist of the United States.

Justice Department lawyers had urged the courts to accept a proposed White House declaration promising to preserve all backup tapes.

"The judge decided that wasn't enough," said Anne Weismann, an attorney for CREW, which has gone to court over secrecy issues involving the Bush administration and has pursued ethical issues involving Republicans on Capitol Hill.

The judge's order "should stop any future destruction of e-mails, but the White House stopped archiving its e-mail in 2003 and we don't know if some backup tapes for those e-mails were already taped over before we went to court. It's a mystery," said Meredith Fuchs, a lawyer for the National Security Archive.

Don't Miss
Magistrate recommends order for White House e-mail
Read the court order (PDF)
CREW and the National Security Archive are seeking to force the White House to immediately explain in court what happened to its e-mail, an issue that first surfaced nearly two years ago in the leak probe of administration officials who disclosed Valerie Plame's CIA identity to reporters.

Special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald revealed early in 2006 that relevant e-mails could be missing because of an archiving problem at the White House.

The White House has provided little public information about the matter, saying that some e-mails may not have been automatically archived on a computer server for the Executive Office of the President and that the e-mails may have been preserved on backup tapes.

The White House has said that its Office of Administration is looking into whether there are e-mails that were not automatically archived and that if there is a problem, the necessary steps will be taken to address it.

Kennedy issued the order following recommendations to do so by a federal magistrate who held a hearing on the matter.

"We will study the court's order and the magistrate's recommendations," said White House spokesman Scott Stanzel. "However, the Office of Administration has been taking steps to maintain and preserve backup tapes for the official e-mail system. We have provided assurances to the plaintiffs and to the court that these steps were being taken. We will continue preserving the tapes in compliance with the court's order." E-mail to a friend

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/12/white.house.email.ap/index.html
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 3:01am On Nov 13, 2007
@Big B1

Still scouring for those impeachable offences ?Good luck with your volunteer work. . . .when you find those offences,make sure you forward to the Democratic National Committee:

Mailing Address:

Democratic National Committee
430 S. Capitol St. SE
Washington, DC 20003

Main Phone Number:

202-863-8000
http://www.democrats.org/page/s/contact
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Afam(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2007
@all the hypocrites,

You want to force people to discuss a particular issue yet you cannot start threads focusing on such issues.

You complain about Nigerians discussing foreign issues yet you stick your noses into Nigerian issues even when you are living in foreign lands.

And this gang only come together when words like Israel, US, Bush, Arab, Mulsim come up

What reasonable people do when they see threads they think are stupid is ignore the thread completely but no, it will not happen, they will search for such threads and they will always contribute and at the same time complain, this type of hypocrisy is alarming.

Unless some of you are living outside planet earth I am sure you would know what the average american thinks about Nigeria and Nigerians even though the average american cannot even show you where some states are on the US map not to talk about Nigeria.

Let the oyibo wannabes do what is right and stop all this nonsense about displaying their frustrations in not being able to force people to discuss issues they like, it won't happen.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by almondjoy(f): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2007
Big B1:

Ndipe must be a mechanic.

he he he he he he he he he he!!!!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Like it is a crime or something? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Why CHINA Fears JAPAN'S Military Might?" / Hidden Facts : The Day U.S Forces Massacred 300 Russian Soldiers In Syria. / This Is Israel! (warning:pictures Are Horrific!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.